Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

Default Babies Born September 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.

Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 lb 1 / Length -56cm
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Health Concerns: Was booked in for an elective c/s on the 5th as prior two pg's had been emergency and pre booked c/s.
    Early labour stopped on the 24th of August and labour began on 2nd September ending with emergency c/s again.
    Had GD and extremely bad M/S to the point that I lost 20kg for the pg.

Forum Name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15 September 2006
    Baby Stats: length 52cm, HC 35cm, weight 3390g
    Baby's Name: Julia Zora
    Baby Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/juliaz
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 41 weeks and after 36hours of labour, had emergency c/s
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Little Princess (Anna)
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.270 kilos or 9 lb 6oz Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: MALE
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: Working on it!
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Breastfeeding

Forum Name: Magic (Sheree)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mitchell James
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: IVF veteran, DS is a natural miracle

Forum Name: Chrissy
    Baby's DOB: 21 sept 06,2.24pm
    Baby Stats: 8lb 9oz, 52cm
    Baby's Name: Caitlyn Anne
    Baby Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced at 38 week, due to mum in agony with her pregnancy, and fast previous deliverys, 5 hour labour, was told the day before i only i have a small baby in there, was i bit shocked by her weight!
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Rach75
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 25th September 2006 8.40am
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3985grms 8lbs 12.5 oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Jack Robert
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    was not breathing at birth took 10 mins for Jack to come good besides jaundice he seems to have no residual affect from his birth
    Notes: after schedualed c-sect and then RFDS flight from Rockhampton to Townsville as no speical care beds available, we tried induction, on the 25th was 1cm dilated and Jack was in distress so emergency c-sect, his apgar scores were not great 3 at birth, 6 at 5min and 8 at 10min
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: AnnaT
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

Forum Name: Skyelar (Lea)
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz Length 48cm Head Circ
    35cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Asha Reyne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/icsipixie/
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: Merrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 30/09/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 9 - Length - 50 cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Harriet Elodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

New thread is HERE

Love

Am i first??

Well...guess WHAT!!!

I just showered with Paige for the first time...pretty bloody good achievement considering we did it solo. She didn't make a sound, and was sucking the water off my shoulder...LMAO.

She has definately gone back to a strict FEED/PLAY/SLEEP routine on her own...demanding to go back to bed after waking for an hour to feed and play quickly. A 3 hour routine again which I am thankful for - am back to writing eberything down so I can see her pattern again.

Let's see if we get a scream at 5:30 again today??

How many times a week/day do you go out and about with your little one?
    What sorts of things do you do?

I sometimes wonder if I am crossing the line with Paige as far as going shopping/visiting etc now that I am confident with it all.

Sharle, sweet avatar!
    And LOL ChrissyT, either you've given birth to a dog and can't budge that baby weight, or your av is still pregnant! I'm sure it'll get seen to soon, pretty funny though. You've got grouse hair in that avatar anyway.

Well, River Jude slept for 6 and then 5hrs last night at a strange house, so no complaints here. And Rans family are really good with him, I'll have to tell them (without making a big deal of it) that I really appreciate it, they usually ask what to do with him and take my hints well, like if I think he's starting to look tired, they'll give him up within a few minutes. Really glad, was worried about it being a problem if I needed to tell someone off.

Thanks Sharle for organising the Secret Santa for us! Do we have a rough date for sending stuff, or an 'opening date'?

As for favourites...I love green, reckon Dr. Seuss is awesome, love hanging out outside (as long as it's warm), and owie my boobs are filling up with milk as I type
    Pity we're not multi millionaires playing Secret Santa, someone could get me a frozen coke machine! Sigh...perhaps one day I'll save the 7/11 man's life and I'll get free slurpees for the rest of my life!

So yeah, keep giving your favourites, Secret Santa people!
    Off to look at cloth nappies on the internet...I think I'm addicted
    Have a great day girls xo

PMSL - I gave birth to a Labrador.

I have emailed Kathryn.

Morning all,
    My IL's are coming over soon, funny we hardly saw them before Ash was born now they are over once a week.

ChrissyT- i hope Paige gives up on that screaming. Ash rarely does it but its awful (and deafening) when they do. Ash only lasts 5-10 mins screaming and tires herself so much she falls asleep mid scream!
    We don't go out all that much as we only have one car and Df gets it most days for work but if I have nothing planned i at least just go for a walk with her. I think it does her good to to get out, I find she settles better if she has gone out somewhere in the day. As long as its not over-stimulating her then she gets cranky.

Nelle- Thats good you IL's are so well behaved. Mine ring to see what we are doing cause a few times they came over when we were feeding and I felt FIL was annoyed, making comments like, she can't still be feeding, she can't still be hungry, this was back when it was taking 40 mins to feed. I got bit ****ed cause obviously she is hungry if she is still on there but they've improved from that.

Hi to everyone else, hope your all enjoying your weekend. its very nice here in melbourne today. We gonna go watch local cricket later, yes cricket is really boring but its Df mates playing and it gets us out the house.

Morning girls!
    So excited about the secret santa... my fave colours AND tastes are coffee, chocolate and vanilla!

Nelle - LOL I'm addicted too, shame as my stash is really just about complete :-( Just gotta get a few more PUL covers in bigger sizes as Xander is nearly out of the small Bummi's.

ChrissyT - Wow about Paiges' routine. In answer to your other Q, I go out nearly everyday with Xander; usually for a walk around the shops etc.. it's good to stay in touch with adults and have real conversations! LOL.

Rikki - I'm keen for a Perth meet up as long as it isn't too far away (fuel is killing us atm on one income), what area are you in?

Sharleen - Thanks for organising the KK!

My IL's are coming over soon, funny we hardly saw them before Ash was born now they are over once a week.
    I don't know why, but this would actually really annoy me? I'm already getting sick of people popping over and not even saying hello to me before going off to find Xander.

We went out to dinner last night for the first time with Xander! and he was such a good boy considering we went at his 'cranky' time of day... he didn't sleep in his pram, but he didn't scream either, so we are so happy! He is pretty tired/grumpy this morning tho as he went to bed later than usual.

Have a good day Mummies and Babies...

Rikki im up for a meet!! When is it convineant for you. Millana has kindergym tues morning and playgroup friday morning but if it conicides then so be it!
    Ruby is sleeping all the time lately.I hope the needles did nothing to her,maybe with all the 3hr feeds the last 2 weeks she may be sleeping to grow?
    I just bought her an einstein play thing she lies under and shes gone to sleep...Hope it wasnt a waste of money!!
    Now im going to check out the bounty bag target just gave me.

I feel so much better well sough tof still coughin g up my lungs but I had a lovely morning of napping with Jack, we lay down about 10am and woke at1pm

funny thing when I woke I was on my tummy with right hand against face and left arm stariaght down, glanced over at Jack and he was laying th esame LOL so except for our legs we were slkeeping the same

Oh my god, i just found out Belinda Emmett died. Its so sad, she was only 32.

just heard it on the news too

yeah just read that about Belinda Emmett too, that's really sad.

I had a very tiring and draining day shopping for Christmas, and after 6 hours only managed to get pressies for 2 people!!
    Got my Secret Santa pressie and I'm so excited, and my girl has given me lots of ideas too!
    What is the $ limit and when do we need to send them by?

chrissyt - I also go out almost everyday. Nina gets a bit cranky if I don't.

anna - that's great that your dinner was a success for Xander. We went to some rellies place last night and got home fairly late and Nina slept through the night, go figure?

ETA: I forgot to mention my favourite things:
    My favourite colours are blue and pink
    I love chocolate
    I love being outdoors - in the pool, gardening, camping
    I love crafts
    all I can think of at the moment
    Last edited by Visitor7; November 11th, 2006 at 05:47 PM. Reason: my favourites

Just quickly.

Nelle- Have you thought of buyinh an ice shaver thingy. We got one for Bella for christmas and it says to put ice-blocks in. Plus they also suggest freezing your favourite juices and drinks aswell.

Alcohol doesnt freeze, does it??????

Love

no alcohol doesn't freeze helen. That ice shaver thingy sounds good.

I remember years ago trying to make jelly with vodka instead of water, it took over a week to set and we had to let it set in the freezer. Wasn't too nice either, was a waste of good alcohol!

It is sad that belinda died.Poor rove has lost his soul mate.Its a pity they didnt have a child together.
    Ruby has been a very good girl today,i wonder what the night will bring as she has pretty much slept the day and now asleep again after a play.
    Jodie-lee you must have me?
    My girl hasnt said what she likes so everyone speak up please!

Caddie! No guessing! But I do agree, everyone speak up about your favourites (and things you hate too, if you hate something someone just shouldn't waste their money on!)

Helen, I have an ice shaver But it's just NOT THE SAME!!! I think I really do have to save the 7/11 man's life! I've tried freezing coke, freezing ice then adding coke...I just don't know how these slurpee people do it. Good lemon cordial added to ice is a winner on a hot day though.
    And no, you can't freeze alcohol very well, in fact, part vodka part water in a glad bag makes a good cheap cold pack Yes girls you heard it from Nelle-in-the-know.

Our baby bonus came through today! Hurrah! (Rans found out when he was getting money out for a frozen coke for me, lol!)

We've just put River down in his pram, so I'm just hanging about in the room for awhile to make sure he settles enough for me not to have to come in every 2 mintues to replug him...think he needs a replug now...yep. Think he might settle now though.

Yeah that is awful that Belinda Emmett died, Rove must be so sad. I hope he is able to remember their good times together really clearly.

Hope everyone's doing really well, and hope our babies sleep well tonight. xo

Sarah Kate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyT View Post
    How many times a week/day do you go out and about with your little one?
    What sorts of things do you do?
    Emma and I try and get out every day even if it's just for a walk. I think it's best for my sanity!. But mostly we either meet up with friends for a cuppa, catch up with Nanna or go to the local shopping centre and window shop (cos Mummy can't afford to buy everything in sight :eek: ). So basically we do something everyday within reason and inbetween her feed and sleep times. So sometimes going out is her play time.

Yes, I am also sad to hear of Belinda's passing. I even cried. So very sad

Got some interesting information off a friend who went to a sleep crash course for two hours to she how she can settle bubs during the day. It's to do with your babys arms and hands and their signs. I will type it in point form as it's easier:

1. When the arms are down by their side it usually means they are relaxed and just want to chill out. Maybe read a book to them, sit them in a rocker near a window etc

2. When they have their arms around the middle of their body with their hands outstretched it means they are awake and ready to play

3. When they bring their arms to their head, hands closed or rubbing their eyes they are telling you to stop and put me to bed because they are tired.

I have been watching these signs with Emma and it seems to be true. The first point is usually after Emma's feed and she is "milk drunk" so rather than getting her all excited, I usually just hold her or put her in her chair and talk to her. The second one is definately true when we play with her toys and make silly noises and grunts. She laughs her head off when I am being silly and kicks her little legs and throws her arms about. And the third is definately true and I usually get an hour or two sleep out of her when she does this.

Does this happen for you guys??

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast