Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #101

Default Babies Born September 2006 #101

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...006-100-a.html

Well luckily Nelle the marshmellow was on the side not in the drink so I quickly ate it!
    Poor Riv. Have you got a humidifier for him? Lucky you played on the safe side and got him looked at. Did they have to wait long to get seen to? Have at display homes which area you looking at?

Laurin- Well I hope he makes it to the birth! Thats good your mum will be around to help out. 2 does sound scary doesn't it, esp if your Dh is off working alot.

Got dress fitting at 3 for my bridesmaid dress, will be interesting to see how it looks and how it looks on me, sometimes things in pictures don't end up being that nice and sometimes can be heaps nicer so we'll see.
    This weather is so crappy, Ash whinged all morn bout going outside but just so cold and rainy.

Hey Shell- whens the wedding again??? cant wait to meet you!!!!!

Nelle- poor little Riv, hope he gets better soon.

Laurin- great to hear all is well with the scan

well last night mj slept for 6 hrs!!!! woohooo

Spring cleaning time here bbl

Spent half the nite up with millana coughing.I ened up sticking the vapour thingy in her room which helped.Dh and i had a row because he thinks our kids get sick all the time which is my fault(because of my coeliacs,go figure?) He was the one in hospy when younger because of asthma,he thinks i feed them **** food.
    Then today i have spilt olive oil and sesame oil all over the kitchen floor.Glass breakage and all.Has taken me an hr to clean up.Was disgusting and im mighty peeved.The house stinks of sesame so now ive got some sandalwood burning.

Caddie - hope your day improves. It is ridiculous some of the things DH's come up with isn't it......your kids getting sick and your coeliacs are totally unrelated.....at the moment all my friends kids are sick, it is just that time of year...

Better go and get moaning Rylee up, she has had a boring morning so not surprised she doesn't want to sleep, too cold to go out here, but I am getting a few chores done round the home.

BBL
    Laurin

Chrissy and Jodi.. was great to hear youre both home and doing well.

Shell.. thanks hun for replying to my post. Yeh im not overly concerned as yet with it. I think its more when he says things like "whats this" he has his tongue through his teeth if that makes sense. We'll just keep an eye on it. How cute Ash with her baby cappucino.. such a little lady now!

Ruby knows quite a few words but she doesnt use them.She will say it once to keep us happy but the rest of the time just says ah,ah, and points.The only thing she does say clearly is our names and byebye .... for whoever is leaving.
    Millana is such a turd,she just doesnt know when to stop and pushes poor ruby's limits. I think its the age.lol plus she is starting to cuss back at me when i tell her off.

caddie- def the age. Teleah and Annika are the same. they are driving me nuts

Beatrix- Wedding in July. I'll be in Adelaide from tues 8th til the sunday, we'll have to work out closer to time when we can meet, will have to find out first what days we'll be doing what as I have some bridesmaid duties.

Caddie- God men can be really insensitive sometimes and no you can't blame there multiple sickness on coeliacs. Does he not realise they are children and its the time of year!

Kell- Yeah thats exact what Ash does so thats why I just assumed it was cause they just hadn't learnt yet how to say it properly.

I think the terrible 2's are coming our way. Last few days Ash has been really trying to assert herself. She also chucking more wobblies that last longer and deliberately doing things she knows shes not allowed, like climbing onto glass coffee table or standing on edge of the couch. And if I tell her off she whinges and goes back and does it! Might have to start time out if it continues.

Just a quick pop in from me, before I head to bed. Both girls are in bed now. We've started the bath/feed/bed routine for Emily now. My milk came in last night, but feeling much better today. Emily has started feeding more during the day today. She's been feeding more at night and less during the day up until today, so hopefully I can get that switched around without too much fuss. I can't remember when I did it with Nina.
    Heath needs to go into work tomorrow, just for the day, then he'll have Tues & Wed off. But I'm *****ting myself about tomorrow!!! MIL will be coming over at some stage, but I just don't feel ready for Heath to leave me yet. Still trying to find me feet.
    We had our first outing as a family of 4 today, to do the groceries

I'll attempt just a couple of personals for now.

nelle - how is Riv going? And if you can give me ANY tips at all having a toddler and newborn, I'd love to hear them.

kel - I can't remember from the last thread what you said about Jesse's speech. Was it a lisp, is it you that is worried, or the dr's? And how is your pregnancy going?

belle - how are you going?

maz - and you, how are you? If you can give me tips, I'd love them too!

Really, ANYONE who can give me tips, I'm all ears!! Caddie, Beatrix.

ok, so If you haven't got the hint, I'm scared about tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

off to bed now while the girls are sleeping.

hi girls hope you all had a good weekend, just a short hello before I go to bed as im really tired.

Jodi - great to see you back home! sounds like you are doing well. Dont worry about tomorrow hon you will be fine. Nina is a good helper too! Try to get some sleep tonight will make you feel a little better even if its just a few hours here and there. Thinking of you.

Chrissy - great to hear you and Liam are home now hon too, been thinking of both of you.

Girls how did you introduce your 2nd child if you have one or 3rd to your newborn? very interested in finding out, im keen to do it as a family eg, me and Jeffrey and Tara introduce Julia first before my mum and inlaws come into the room iykwim, as its a special moment for our family. It is a big thing for me.

Have a good night girls, hello to everyone will try to write more when Julia's at daycare tomorrow.

Bel
    xxx

Jodi-Great to hear from you. Ummm maybe have some bribe things close at hand, such as her favourite treat or toy etc so that when you cant move due to feeding etc you can still get her to you. See if Heath can make some pack lunches for you both, so that when it comes to lunch time you can get Nina's out of the fridge and straight to her and not have to fuss in the kitchen. A sandwich would do the job. Goodluck, I am sure you will be fine.

Belle-We told everyone previous to having Eithan, that we wanted the first half of the day to ourselves. We rang everyone straight away, however after a few hrs Leith went and picked up Bella and we had our family time, then I had a rest in the afternoon and had visitors in the evening. It can be hard but be straight with them, let them know you what some time to yourselves, but that you will update them straight away and ring them as soon as you are ready for visitors.

Jodi, advice my mum gave me for my first day alone was just feed yourself, toddler and baby. That's all you need to achieve for the day. Worked good for me. If you're not already in bed, perhaps have your shower tonight?

Belle, Riv met Si for a short time at home before I left in the ambulance, but at hospital I didn't want to overwhelm him. Mum brought him in and he had a bit of a peek at Si but was more interested in visiting me and playing with my bed and exploring in general. And that was cool, I think with an older bub it would have been more of a 'moment', but he was so young that I just let him get to know Si at his own pace, if he was interested we'd have a quick chat cuddle with Si, but if he wasn't, I just let him go and do his own thing.

Better go, both crying, but Riv crying louder so he wins. Think he's scared of the heater in his room...oh hang on he's stopped...and so has Si...no, Si's started again. And stopped..and started. Sounds like he's winding down to me, perhaps I'll grab a cuppa and then reassess. Ciao!

Here I am on night shift, gotta keep awake!

Nelle, I hope they are settlign down for you. I love that advice of your mums. I'll be taking note of that when I get around to having number 2.

Helen- How you doing? Still getting alot m/s?

Belle, thats a good question I never thought of that but Helens suggestion of asking family not to come in til such a time sounds like a good idea.

Jodi, I bet you'll be fine tomor. Does Nina like coloring in? I always find if I need to sit Ash down while I do something I set her up at her table with crayons and coloring book or even just blank paper.

well 8.5 hours to go til I finish! Df had to take sick day from work tomor so I'll be able to sleep. Going to my nana's to sleep so I don't have to drive over west gate in peak hour traffic.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely make a packed lunch for Nina and have it in the fridge.
    We had a good night, with Emily only waking at midnight and 4 for a feed. She's still asleep now, so I'll make this short.

belle - Heath bought Nina up to the hospital mid morning the day I had Emily. She was in absolute awe of her. All she wanted to do was give her cuddles and kisses. She spent about an hour or two up the hospital, then Heath took her home, and they came up again that night. As I'd prepared Nina for a baby coming, she sort of had the idea. And she hasn't once tried to look for the baby in my belly. She must realise the baby is out now.

Jodi - I just wanted to wish you well for today, you will be fine hun, have confidence that you are a great mum, take it one hour at a time and just do only the bare necessity to get through the day as long as everyone is fed and has clean bums and take away for dinner for sure. I am sure it feels very daunting, I feel scared by it myself. Lots of activities close at hand for Nina and things to snack on while Emily is feeding. Good on Emily for only feeding a couple of times during the night, that is great as she is just a newbie. We forget how what an intense period the newborn stage is now that our Sept 06 bubs are so much more independent....

Okay girls, gotta go to gymbaroo, leave in 45 mins and me and Rylee are still in our pj's.

Laurin xxx

Aaron went to work as soon as i came home..Not much help there but thats what happens when you own your business.I did make him get me a coffee and some toast and millana some toast/milk before he left.I also didnt bother to do his laundry. I think some decent sleep and if the baby was unsettled a walk would do wonders. A slow cooker was my life saver.When ruby was asleep and millana was happy id chuck something on!! If i had tea orgainised i wa happy.

Jodi- best of luck today, please dont expect to much from yourself. food is all you need, You and nina can have a jama day!!!

Well my house is spotless!!! i have finally thrown out so much crap so so proud of myself, filled a 2sq mini skip hehe alot of junk in this house. but now with no 3 here i decided i just dont have the time to clean all the time so i threw most of it out. Kell told me if i havent used it in a year i dont really need it do i.

Shell- hope you get a good sleep, just let me know when you know more baout your brides maid duties. any day is good for me,

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast