Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born September 2006 #102

M3G - I think my mother in law bought it from the Supermarket? Im not quite sure so I'll ask her when she calls next. Ive still got half a tub left so I havent had to buy it.

12 weeks already helen Bummer about you being sick, hopefully it doesn't last too much longer.
    Nina's favourite song ATM is Bleeding Love. Whenever she hears it she starts singing and dancing. It's very cute.
    Had a busy weekend visiting our relatives. I feel like I was hardly even home.
    Emily has been really unsetted the past 2 nights, I'm not sure if it's because we were out most of the day, both days, or what?? I ended up in tears last night as both Heath and I were doing everything to settle her, and she just kept screaming. This newborn stage sucks!

Hang in there Jodi, Rips was like that but now at 5mths its like he's turned a corner and is a heaps different baby, he rarely cries now (unless he bites his fingers lol) I remember thinking I wouldnt last those first 3mths and I even recall telling him I wanted to give him back to the hospital but now Im semi-sane again. Good on Heath for helping you though, Ry just ran to bed whenever Rip went on a bender.

Thanks Jodi. You just reminded me Eithan loves to stand in front of the radio and headbang to the songs and can get quite grizzly when they stop.

Got heaps of housework to do but am dragging my feet, just dont want to do it.

Does anyone find that as soon as you put them down for a nap (well rest in our case) they doing a poo regardless of what time you put them in?

Jodi- Big hugs hun, its awful when they're like that. Hopefully today you can just have quiet day at home, put your feet up when you get the chance and take it easy.

AnnaT- Thats great to hear Ripley is alot more settle now, I remember you were having a rough time with him. I see in your ticker that you are gonna become a doula! Good luck with that, where do you train for that?

Helen- Hope now you're 12 weeks the sickness settles. When do you get to have another scan? Do they do scans more often when you are expecting twins?

I've just vacumed and mopped floors so get to come on here cause need to let them dry.
    We've got a funeral tomor for the mum of matts good friend I mentioned. I don't know how it'll go with Ash I might sit up back and nick out of she gets too boisterous.

Hey girls,

Shell - I am so with you on the poo when you have just put them down for a nap, I kinda think Rylee does it on purpose, she does it on purpose - she will be usually making a huge fuss so I go in and her room stinks so then I have to go through the whole change procedure and put her back to her nap, big pain. So sorry to hear about Matt's friends mum, I think just sit up the back then you can go out the door quick if Ash gets a bit noisy.

Jodi - it is so hard when they are tiny and nothing will settle them and you are getting to know them and vice versa, hopefully it will pass quickly.

Helen - congrats on 12 weeks, hopefully you will start getting more energy soon. Housework can wait till you are feeling better.

Okay better go, I bought a slow cooker on Friday and am loving it.
    Hi to everyone.
    Laurin x

Im studying online via Childbirth International. Its pretty cool and very interesting. Im so excited for when I can attend my first birth. It will be weird seeing it from an outsiders point of view and not being the one giving birth lol

ETA - Whoa just saw my ticker - happy 5mth birthday to my Ripley! God this first 6mths have gone by quickly. Before I know it he'll be walking and talking. Makes me sad

anna - good luck with your course. And happy 5 months Ripley!!

Nina has decided not to have a sleep today At least she's happy. She's outside playing with the hose, she's covered in mud, but she's happy, so I'm not complaining. As long as she stays outside. Maybe I should lock the door
    My parents are having a BBQ tonight, and want us to come over, but I was trying to have a day at home to see if that made a difference with Emily. So what to do? Should I go, or stay home? I'd like to go, cause my sister is out of hospital now, and my family are all staying with my parents, plus I won't need to cook. But then I'm worried about Emily. Having said that though, she's been asleep most of today, so she'll probably be awake and wanting to play at midnight anyway.

Sorry no personals,i am under the weather with a damn cold.
    Jodi ruby doesnt have afternoon sleeps at all.Hasnt the last month or 2. Doesnt bother her she is always raring to go.I pity me though who doesnt get a break.lol

caddie - is Ruby an early riser? I think because Nina didn't get up till 9am that's why she's skipped her sleep today. Hope you get better soon.

Jodi ruby gets up out of bed between 530-630am and then crashes at 630-7pm at night.No rest for the wicked
    Well i dont have the body aches as much but now ive got a sinus thing happening.Was not pleasent blowing my nose this morning..
    Today ive got to take millana to gym and school and do banking.
    Anna good luck with the course. What sort of course is it again? To be a midwife i thought your registered nursing was needed or is this something different?
    Helen glad is all good with you. Well i think with twins you kinda expect ms,youve got 2 babies making your hormones go woohoo!!
    I finished off a toy giraffe,looks pretty cool in racy yellow. Hopefully when i get 5min i can make some for the store..I need more hrs in the day and i need to be less tired.

That's good that the aches have gone now caddie, hopefully it's nearing the end and you can get some rest again.

At least Ruby goes to bed early for you, does Millana go to bed earlish too?
    Last night was a great night, we changed Emily's routine a little, and bathed her earlier than we have been, and that settled her really well. Both girls were in bed by around 8.15, Emily only woke once at midnight, then slept through till 7.30, which is when Nina woke up. Both girls have colds (Emily's still got that cold!) but the vapouriser and Sinus thingy I have for Emily is helping heaps.

Jodi- Glad to hear Emily was more settled last night, I guess having a cold too wouldn't have helped with how she has been. I found with Ash I couldn't bath her to close to bedtime cause would wind her up instead of down.

Seems a few of our little ones aren't into day sleeps! I still put Ash in for an hour or so just to rest and so I can get things done! Can't mop or clean toilets with her around.

AnnaT- Wow that sounds great, so how long does course go for or is it do at your own pace? Do you have to go do few births with a already experienced doula for your training? I was there when my sister gave birth to my nephew and it was greatest thing ever, you see this baby being born and at that moment you trully understand the whole miracle birth. Cause I was just so exhausted and half out of it after having Ash I never really had that feeling at the time of having her.

I've got mums group on this arvo. Didn't end up going to funeral, Ash is in funny mood so really didn't think it would be good having her carry on while they're trying to grieve. Df has gone to offer his support.

Hi all,
    It has been so quiet in here lately. All I can assume is that everyone is busy with their little TODDLERS!! :P

I went back to work today. It was actually a nice first day back. We had a team building day and went to the Docklands for lunch! And it was on the company.

DH is still mega sick. It has not been a week and a half. He basically hasnt got out of bed the whole time. He has had Plurosy (sp) and then from that developed a sinus infection, as well as having the flue. (I mean the proper flue, and not just a bad cold.) He was meant to have J today, but I had to get my mum over to look after him, as DH can't manage him atm.

Shell - Hope mothers grp was good.

AnnaT - Awesome news on your new studies!

Jodi - Great that Emily had a good night.

Caddie - Will have to see a pic of the Giraffe. Hope you get better soon.

Laurin - I have been thinking of getting a slow cooker. Let me know how it goes.

Helen - I have to laugh thinking about head banging.

Nelle - The bamboo boosters are going great guns!

Annie, Rach, *anna*, Kell, Belle, Maz, Marnikat, Rikki, Ness, Shar, Ambz. and anyone else I have forgotten to mention (and guarenteed there is always one or 2 that I forget!! ) I hope you are all well.

Well AF has arrived really badly, so I am off to bed with a water bottle, now that J is sound asleep, and I have checked in on DH. He is too sick to leave the sick room. ( I have banished him to the other bedroom as I don't want to get sick too, and lets face it, he is sweating so much, and coughing and spluttering all night.)

Meg - your poor poor DH - plurisy (sp?) is really bad, he must feel like death warmed up, really hope he starts getting on top of it and you and DS don't come down with anything. I am in love with my slow cooker, so far have cooked chicken & vege casserole, rice pudding, sausage casserole, there are loads of good receipes in BB. Great to put on in the morning and then you don't have to think about dinner for the rest of the day.

Caddie -hope you are on the mend. It is hard going when they don't go down for a day nap.

Shell - does Ash kick up a stink when you put her to bed in the day and she doesn't sleep, I go into Rylee and she has done a poo, taken all her clothes off (not her nappy) and taken all her dolls clothes off to.....

Okay, going to bed now, slept bad last night, had a nightmare, screamed and woke Rylee and then she came into bed with me.

Laurin x

Shell hope your hubby gets better soon,i do nt have pluresy but i have a terrible sinus cold atm,my whole face hurts.
    My giraffe is preveiwing in my store
    Laurin must have been bad for you too scream,how frightening for you!

Hi ladies!

Just thought id pop in and say hello.. let you know im still alive.

Only 7 weeks to go roughly. Cant believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. Everything seems to be well so far in my pregnancy. Measuring spot on. Dreading labour more and more everyday it gets closer and closer.
    Jesse's doing well. Had a bad case of Hand Foot & Mouth Disease a week or so ago. DH unfortunately caught it from him also and wasnt well for a while there.. both are much better now.
    Jesse's starting to say alot more words now. He copies words you say which is good. Still has his lisp. Can really tell when he says "yes". But we'll work on that.

Caddie.. i love the Giraffe you made. Hows your store going?

Meg.. hope your DH gets better soon. Not fun looking after 2 kids hey!

Jodi.. good to hear things are going well and Emily is settling in. Hope your girls are better soon.

Chrissy.. not sure if you still visit here but hope everythings going well with you and little Liam.

I posted a thread about this.. but just wondering what Breast pads you ladies use/d? I found some would stick with Jesse so am looking for some that wont. I just bought 2 pairs from Maz as the feedback seems to be theyre good (looks like my question thread has also sent some more business your way too maz! ) so will give them a go and have some pigeon ones left but yeh, just curious what you guys think.

Well i best be off.. gonna go lay on the couch for a bit while Jesse's asleep and theres no whinging in our house

Take care all and hope you are all well.. those who are sick, i hope youre feeling bettter soon.

My son is 20 mths old and we use a booster seat at the table for tea and sometimes lunch time. He has wanted to sit as part of the family since 14 mths old.

I used Safeway Homeshop late in pregnancy and when DS was born. I loved it. I actually got my fruit & veg through them, it was in really good condition. I asked the driver one day and they said they got to pick out the good ones before they went to the stores. Don't know if true but they were definately big & juicy items.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast