Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #11

The walk made me feel better.The fresh air was lovely.I went to go and get my prescription for the pill.I almost died when she tol me the cost. $66.80.
    Its not covere by pharmacutical scheme.The dr never told me that.It had 3 packets in it but usually im use to 5 packets for $10 or something.Pfff,still cant believe it.

Far out Caddie!!! That is so expensive for the pill... we have a pharmacy around here that is really cheap for prescription meds, I'm pretty sure they have an online store too. I'll find out for you - which pill is it?
    Glad to hear that the walk made you feel better. I hope tomorrow is nothing buy smiles for you.

Well. I finally ordered my nappies, and headed for an early night, just visited the loo before bed and...there was a major traffic jam :eek: I honestly had never had anything like that before, I'm pretty bad with my fluid intake at the best of times, but I guess on a hot day and breastfeeding, my body didn't have much to spare for my bowels...ended up getting to bed a tad later. Last time I glanced at the clock before sleep it was about 1:30. Then fed Riv from about 4:30 got up at 5:30 with Rans and had a shower and now I'm back in bed hoping to grab as much sleep as I can before Riv wakes again!
    Yaaawn.

Got a hairdresser's appt today, mum and I booked a double appt so she'll watch Riv while my hair's getting cut. I'm going to ask my hairdresser for something funky and not responsible and motherly looking Reckon I can trust her with that, since last time I saw her she had blue hair.

Yikes Caddie, that's expensive contraception! Better be good hey. Glad you enjoyed your walk

Yay on your progress with Emma, Sarah! My mum reckons I should have Riv nap in his cradle more during the day too - he's either in the rocker or on his playmat. She might be right for when he recognises that cradle means sleep, and playmat means play. He's almost at that stage I reckon, he's actually started batting at his hanging toys instead of not even looking at them!
    Mum reckons she has a portacot (from when we were young, so goodness knows what it's like) that I could give a go sometime this week, and if Riv likes it, we can take it away with us on the weekend so he doesn't have to sleep in the pram. We'll see.

Better go and sleep, hope everyone's well xo

I have to boast, jack went down @ 11pm didn't wake till 5.40am came to bed with us and gave usboth the most beautiful smiles 6 1/2 hrs sleep for me WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

well we are off to biloela today so better get a move on and have our shower cya

Yah for you Rach

Love

Caddie - I hope that today finds you happier mate. I hear you on not getting a break, I am so spewing that you live so far away cause I'd kidnap your kids for a few hours and make you go for a massage and a latte.
    Anna and Rikki - you'll have to take a pic at the next meet up you guys have and put the pic on your tickers. Its great that you guys got to meet up. SO nice to put a face to the words on the monitor. lol.
    Us melbourne girls best pull our fingers out and met up, Helen - put yourself in a pre paid Aust post bag and join us when the time comes.lol.
    Belle - hows that gorgeous little Julia today mate?
    Nelle - Ive got the same bad habit with Vy, I just figure if she's happy asleep in it why move her, but yes we should get out of it
    Rach - thats fantastic that Jack slept those important hours. Vy goes down at 7pm but wakes at 2am for a bottle then goes back down until 7am. I like th enight feed but, it sort of gives me time with out the other 2 around goggling her.
    Hello to everyone else - hope your all wonderful (of course).
    Now fgirls dont mean to scare any off you but its just over 4 weeks and its christmas. Its come so quickly. Im trying to go through and work who's pressy is who's. I finished my shopping 2 weeks ago thank god. Trying to do it all between feeds, and school. Ive got to get my arse into gear and finish me KK present and my Ss Belly belly present. OH then try and start getting organised for this dame wedding. There just enough hours in the day anymore. I still dont have anything to wear that will hide my baby tyre. Ah bedroom is amess and now elephant is on the call.
    Best be going
    xxmaz

Thanks for the offer maz! A friend of mine who is a bb member offered the same thing when she saw my post.So im gonna let her have millana for 10 min whilst i post my kk pressie and ss pressie.I lost my SSanta address twice! I had to ask santa to give it to me.How embarrassing.
    Ruby was real unsettled yesterday and was crying after only sleeping for 1/2hr.So about 815pm i gave her panadol and she lept till 130am and then through to 530am.I feel bad but i figured something must be up for her to be carrying on like that.I tried natural colic relief first too.
    Well,kindergym for us today though i cant be stuffed.Good for millana but.
    That pill im on is called yasmin.My sister is on it an i figure i can grab a pack off her if i run out and vice versa!

morning girls,

akira is home again with an earache i didnt want to push her to go as she has had a bad night from it being hot.

riley is starting to sleep alot longer now last night was 5.5hrs and the night before was 6 hrs. its a pitty that i didnt get that long to sleep as i was up and down with akira.

well im off to try and tidy this house up but cant really be bothered to do it.

later girls

Adele

*brag alert*

OMG... Xander slept from 8pm last night through to 6am this morning! I cannot believe he went so long without the boob!

BBL for personals..

I nearly forgot... Caddie... the Chemist Warehouse (in North Perth & Mirrabooka - also online) have Yasmin for $55

i'm on yasmin too caddie... it's supposed to help with fluid retention, weight gain on the pill etc. i was on it before i had ainsleigh too, but not for long enough to notice a difference. it is expensive, the chemist even asked me if i knew the price before she dispensed it as i guess that get a lot of negative reactions when they tell customers the price!

ETA yay xander!!!

We've started having a bad time here, I don't know whats happened! last week she was going down her bedtime with just a little grizzle then sleeping til 4am. She had immunisations last Thurs and Thur/ Fri night were little unsettled and waking earlier but the Sat night she was fine again. Then Sun night and last night gone bad! We haven't changed anything, we give her a massage, booby then bed with her CD on, last 2 nights its taken us 2.5hrs to settle her and she's never been this unsettled in her whole 9 weeks of life! She'll only settle if we cuddle her then I put her in and pat her bottom for awhile, so we spend 20mins doing that, she sleeps 5-10mins and is screaming again!
    Then she has started waking 1:30, 4:30 and 6:30.
    So I don't know if its unsettled cause of the immunisations or could be the heat although even though we don't have air-con it hasn't really heated up much inside, or could be a phase? maybe growth spurt or some developmental thing going on in there? I hope its not the heat otherwise i have the next 4-5 months to deal with this!
    Plus on top of this her day sleeps are dissapearing, she has 2 in the morning, second one she's awake about 1 and then doesn't sleep til bedtime. So if she's not settling til 10:30, thats 9.5hrs of awake straight, doesn't sound right to me for a baby!
    God I've crapped on. Anyone got opinions or advice of what i can do?

how many months worth are in a packet of the Yasmin pill girls?
    my doc put me on Marvelon 28 for the same reason's rikki described. It only has a month's worth in it and cost $11.70.

Shell - Ashleigh sound's like Vy was at 2 months. Appartemtnly (according to MCHN) thats when the gums start forming and they can suffer from pain so hence being awake at night and clingyness. Vy only sleeps an hour at a time now through the day, one at 9am then at 12am. Usually after a bottle. I took someones advice from here and started feeding her more through the day and its helped heaps with her night time sleeps.
    Get a sling mate, I would be so lost with out mine.
    Last edited by maz; November 21st, 2006 at 09:41 AM. Reason: have a sore moo moo

shelll - Nina was really unsettled for 2 weeks after her needles. I even went back to the dr to get her checked out as she became a monster. Things eventually cleared up. We found out at that stage that she was teething too, which didn't help.

I'm gonna have a brag too: Nina went down at her usual 6.30pm, woke @ 4 cause she peeed the bed & a quick feed, then slept till 9.30 YAY!!!
    My flu has gone now, Heath came home yesterday at lunch so I could have some sleep and he looked after Nina, and I was in bed early last night too.
    Not much planned today, need to do some housework but couldn't be bothered

YAAYYYYYYYY for Nina! Poor little chicken (and poor Mummy needing to clean it up) pee'ing the bed tho.

Maz - The $55 was for 3 packs (3 months)

Shell - Xander was like this too at this age... he really cut back on his day naps at that stage, now he only has 3 short ones a day. Only lasted about a week, then he started sleeping really well at night.. right up until the 12 week growth spurt! (tho he is still really clingy - get a sling!)

Rikki - Thanks! I'm so happy he slept so well last night... he has just gone down for another nap after a bit of a grizzle. Lets' hope he is in a better mood than he was in yesterday LOL.

I've got a health nurse appointment today, am getting our little monster weighed and measured so will let you know what this little fatty weighs. I really think his growth has finally slowed a little.

I'm getting Nina weighed and measured today too, it'll be interesting what they are. I don't think Nina has gone through the 12 week growth spurt, or I've missed it LOL the only change in her is that she sleeps great at night.

Im lucky then as ruby has a morning sleep for 2hrs,sometimes more and then an afternnon one too for the same.In between these times shes a grizzle bum and i have to hold her,take her for a walk or visit nana for her to have a hold! She then ususally has 4hr sleeps at night unless she is unsettled and it takes me 2hrs to get her to sleep sometimes.
    I will send the kk pressie today girls.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast