Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #11

OMG Eithan laughed tonight. Sounded a bit goony but was soooo cute.

Hugs Adele.

Love

you lot really do talk LOL page 3 to page 7 so I am not doing personals LOL

ok we had the best weekend was so nice for mum and my 91 year old gran to see him again

he was a bit fussy friday night, went down around 12am in bed with us slept there till 3am when I put him in his bed, he woke at 5am changed his bum and went back to bed till 7am:eek: he dropped his 2-3am feed WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! anyway I thought it was fluke he was tired etc, well last night he did the same went down at 11.30pm after a feed slept till 5.30am had bum changed and woke for feed at 7am

he does the same tonight cause this mummy is tired, he is in bed now which issomething he hasn't done for 2 weeks or more, he has wanted cuddles from 5pm tp 11pm so him bein gdown at 9pm is bliss

ok better go shower and head to bed, no point having a baby who wants to sleep an dmummy not sleeping

Okay. Trying to remember what I want to say..

Sarah, I KNEW you live in Croydon, because I live in Kilsyth! And yes, how hot was it today!! Poor little Riv! Lol, I said to Rans, can you dress River for a hot day, and he was in a singlet, a long sleeved bodysuit, a jumper, pants and socks - I kid you not! Took off the socks, jumper and bodysuit when we got to church

Sorry I missed you on msn Adele, Rans was fiddling with the computer.

Shell, I got some tops and dresses from Target that button up! And a few from Myer too. I'm wearing my suburban singlet from Myer now that buttons up (that's the coolest one I have). I'll keep an eye out for more though.

I wouldn't stress about when our babies roll girls, they all develop differently - apparently my lil sis could run before she could walk! :eek: Bet that was fun for my mum!

And for whoever asked how I cope with staying up so late...I woke up just before 11 today!! (Church starts at 10:30 ) I went anyway though, they're all used to me being late, lol! But River's not a bad sleeper, which probably helps things too. But we had a fairly busy day today, so I am off to bed RIGHT NOW! I really am going to try tonight, since it's already 11:30

Oh, and we've agreed to go on youth camp to Phillip Island next weekend (my birthday weekend!), which will be brilliant fun, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a stupid idea!

Okay, bed. Take care girls! xo

merrie Guest

Hi all

We are on our fifth day without formula now and hopefully we wil never have to go back I am so glad I don't have to sterilise bottles anymore.

I only have a couple of minutes as I have heaps to get done before Hatty wakes up again.

Helen & Belle - seems like all the PCOSers are struggling with supply issues it really isn't fair on top of everything else. The thing that has really helped me has been getting plenty of rest, feeding frequently and expressing a lot as well as taking domperidone.

I am using a hospital grade breast pump. I haven't tried expressing with a manual pump yet but I will soon because I can't hire the hospital pump forever. I also get up twice at night at 1.30am and 4.30am to express while Hatty is asleep. This gives me enough milk to sup her during the day and keeps my supply up as well. I am hoping that eventually I will be able to stop supping but if not I will go on till she is 5 or 6 months and then start her on solids and perhaps she won't need the extra bottle anymore.

Helen I will probably go back on met once I have stopped breastfeeding but I hope that won't be at least until Hatty is 18 months old but we'll see.

Well gotta go have to shower, do dishes, water garden and make some phone calls while she is still asleep.

By the way does anyone elses baby have a problem with the pram? Lately Harriet seems to cry whenever I put her in it. I wonder whether I should make an effort to take her for a walk in it every day to get her used to it. Anyone got any other suggestions? I guess I could put some toys up in it too. I had to carry her all around the shopping centre yesterday.

Cheers
    Merrie

he woke at 3am but tis ok cause he didn't wake tfrom when we put him down, and he is still asleep now at 8.30am

hey girls,

another hot day starting up here again i have kept akira home from kindy so she can rest. i have already been to get a few things from the shops at 6am wanted to beat the heat.

simon and i had a massive fight cause i said i want to move next year as this house isnt very good to live in. so now i have him look at getting a homeloan. i can only hope that he will do it cause im tried of moving around.

helen - that would have been cute to hear.

jodi - yeah im having a bad year with akira this year with her getting sick i can only hope next year is better .

well im off to look at the house market to see what is out there to show simon.

later

Adele

Morning all,
    Gonna be hot here today in Melb too. I've kept all the blinds shut so it shouldn't get warm in here til late arvo.

Df has chucked a sicky today so it'll be nice having him round for the day.

Hi to evryone.

Maybe our house just has good insulation, but it looks cloudy outside and I don't feel hot at all - I'm still wearing long pants..maybe it'll heat up later? I thought it was going to be 36 or something today. Could just be that inside the house hasn't heated up yet...
    Guess I'll find out once the mailman comes. I've had a shower, a bowl of cereal and put a load of washing on so far today :eek: That's a lot for me. River did still wail during a good part of my shower though.

hi ya ladies
    Hot here in shepparton. I left the cooler on while we went out (thank god)
    Anna - I carry Vy around 'airoplane' style cause its easier on my back. She loves it to but I get sick of the droll that splats on the floor after a while .lol.
    For those who are worried about rolling over...Wilhelm was 11 months old before he did and he didn't crawl until he was 14 months. Can you imagine the size he was. He was a round little budda now his a bloody twig.
    Sharleen - got the nappy thingo, not what I expected but Im going to put it in the car. Bloody ripper. thanks mate.
    Better go and put away my shopping
    Hello everyone, I know IM slack Im just to tired...
    xxmaz

Hiya girls,i feel like crap today.Depressed you could say.I dont know why? Ruby had me up quite abit last night and been unsettled today.And evrything has gone wrong today.I was meant to go to rikki's then didnt because i wanted to visit a friend in hospital.Then i couldnt go to the hospital and visit my friend as mum changed plans on me and couldnt look after the kids so i could go.Then i was going to go to rikkis but i didnt know your phone no to tell u i changed my mind and you were meeting anna earlier.
    And just the small things have been upsetting me. I just dont get a break.If i do its an appoinment or getting shopping.And i have to rush so that whoever has the kids i havnt burdened them with them.
    Im going to go for a walk when the kids wake up,they have to come with me of course but atleast these 4 walls arnt closing in on me.

Awwww Caddie - I hate days like that! I hope the arvo gets better for you.

Well girls I must say that Ainsleigh is just scrummy... Rikki is gorgeous too and bakes really yummy muffins!!!! Xander was true to form and played up so we didn't get any pics of them together, maybe next time.

BBL

caddie

Glad to hear you and Rikki had good time, can't wait til we plan a day for the Vic gals to meet up, just waiting for AnnaT to get here.

caddie- Poor babe, I hope things are looking up for you. Could you get your Dh to take the kids one arvo and you go treat yourself to a massage or something like that? You sound like you need to pamper yourself for a change.

ahh i hate the heat, it isn't too bad in here, not game to go outside, 36 again tomor! I hope the MCH centre has air con, got mothers group tomor, maybe I can sit in there all day! I'm annoyed MIL moved there old place had a fantastic pool, hmmm maybe I need to befriend someone that owns a pool.

Eugh Caddie, I hate cabin fever, hope you get on that walk, and that it makes you feel more cheerful Rans and I just put the washing out together, it's much better now that instead of being gentle and suggesting he helps, I am just bossy now 'come on, we're going to sort the washing out. No, NOW '
    We were just having a laugh, since 3 of our friends got engaged on Saturday (2 at the same place!) Something in the air perhaps..

Got some Pumpkin Patch nb stuff as presents, well Riv hardly fit nb size at birth, so I though well I'll just exchange them for some more 0-3 month size bodysuits. Well! As I was snapping up his PP 0-3 bodysuit today...I'm not sure he's got long in those either! Just lengthwise! And he was in a disposable nappy too, I reckon it'll be a real tight squeeze with cloth nappies. So I might have to swap the presents for 3-6month size! :eek: And his head sits above the Baby Bjorn now! (it sat below when we bought it) *sob* my baby is getting so big!

Anyway, speaking of cloth nappies, I'm off to order some, since Riv is growing out of his prefolds (*sob*).

On a side note, am wondering about the wisdom of having a Riv as well as a Rans in the house...I sometimes mix them up Perhaps no more 'R' names for us!

nelle I'm always getting confused with Riv & Rans, can never remember who's who lol
    Hugs caddie, hope you're feeling better.

I've got the flu and feel pretty crappy, so I'm not going to do many personals. Nina has been unsettled today too, Heath had to come home at lunch so I could get some sleep. I'll come back on when I have more energy

LOL Jodi, you see the problem I've created for us all?
    (Refresher course for our baby brains: Rans = Randall, my husband; Riv = River, my son. I was going to say 'my baby' but both can be babies!)

Nelle - It's so sad when they grow out of those tiny prefolds isn't it? Xander doesn't fit into any of the Pumpkin Patch stuff... well, not the pants anyway. By the time the waist fits, they are soooo long as he needs a 0 waist with a cloth bum, but a 000-00 length.

Glad to hear you and Rikki had good time, can't wait til we plan a day for the Vic gals to meet up, just waiting for AnnaT to get here.
    AnnaT is already over east! Not sure if she is online though, I've only heard from her via sms.

Sounds like you Melbournites have got our Perth weather and visa versa... we had rain today! What is the go with that in November!?

Jodi - Hope you feel better soon.

Xander has finally gone down for a sleep, he has been such a grumpy sh*t today. Was going to go shopping for my SS pressie, but that isn't gonna happen today... oh well, maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow!

Sarah Kate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caddie View Post
    Hiya girls,i feel like crap today.Depressed you could say.I dont know why? Ruby had me up quite abit last night and been unsettled today.And evrything has gone wrong today.I was meant to go to rikki's then didnt because i wanted to visit a friend in hospital.Then i couldnt go to the hospital and visit my friend as mum changed plans on me and couldnt look after the kids so i could go.Then i was going to go to rikkis but i didnt know your phone no to tell u i changed my mind and you were meeting anna earlier.
    And just the small things have been upsetting me. I just dont get a break.If i do its an appoinment or getting shopping.And i have to rush so that whoever has the kids i havnt burdened them with them.
    Im going to go for a walk when the kids wake up,they have to come with me of course but atleast these 4 walls arnt closing in on me.
    (((HUGS))) Caddie, I am so sorry you had a crap day. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I guess we are all going to have days where everything goes wrong so I hope for you and all our sakes that they don't happen very often. I hope the walk makes you feel better my love, nice fresh air always clears my head.

Nelle - DER slap me now - maybe we can meet up for coffee one day soon. Are there any other girls on here that meet up from Melbourne, I would love tomeet you all !!

I can't believe we are still on page three today - must be too busy to be online . Lots of love and cuddles to you all

Well today I had an interesting day with Emma. I have slowly been introducing her back to her cot for day sleeps. My MCHN told me I should and not make a habbit of her sleeping in her rocker. But sometimes it was the only way I could get her to sleep (got to love the vibrating option!) She would never go down for her first sleep of the day but I would play with her for ages in the arvo and would crash for her afternoon sleep. So I thought I would try the same today with her morning sleep.

I got her to sleep in her cot for one hour (only had to settle her once) and again this arvo for 2 1/2 hours!! :O - fabulous!!!! She had her shower and bottle before and we have put her to bed and we haven't had to settle her yet "touch wood". I hope this is another corner we are turning with her. Each day I am feeling more and more confident with her. Some days I feel like such a failure as a mother and some days I think I am pretty damn good at it!!

I hope you all have a wonderful night

xoxo

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast