Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #15

Ruby woke at 1045pm for a feed and again at 330am.Both times when back to sleep but woke up playing at 520am! So i got up and watched 3rd watch on foxtel and shes back having her catnap at 7am.Cant complain really.
    I wonder how rikki went!
    By the way got my K.K yesterday!!
    I never told you guys i stuffed up the BB secretsanta! I sent one of millanas bday presents instead,so i had to reveal myself and swap.I am such a dunce.

ok dokey, lets see if I can remember what everyone has said:

Laurin, if you don't have Activite, then milo or malt powder will do the trick.

rikki & caddie - did you end up having a good sleep last night or get woken half a dozen times like a did :mad:

anna** - I used to have a Hyundai Accent and loved it! Except I crashed it.

nelle - once I paid for platinum I just waited and about a week later got my avatar. I never received anything from Kelly.

Well I had a **** night last night. Nina must be going through her 12 week growth spurt a little late, or her 16 week growth spurt a little early
    The last 2 nights she's been up about 4 times for feeds. During the day she's feeding every 1.5 / 2 hours. It's absolutely killing me! I'm so tired and drained. Heath's helping as much as he can, but unfortunately he doesn't have magical boobies like I do and can't feed her at night. I'm seriously considering trying her on some rice cereal again. She's starting to show signs that she's interested in food. Don't know, I'll have a good think about that one. I initially wanted to wait till 6 months, but maybe she needs it earlier???
    Last night she was sitting in her bouncer and the little mobile thingy in front of her was playing, and she was trying to sit up so she could touch it, and she got half way!!!! Clever little chicken, won't be long now.

Sharleen - I forgot you!! How are you doing now? I was going to give you a call, but I've been so hectic.

Rikki and Caddie - Vy went down at 6pm last night - 2 hours early aswell but she slept until 4am Jed said (I didn't hear $hit) and then at her normal 7.30am.
    I hope to hell your alright Chrissy
    Belle - were the hell are you gf?
    Caddie - email me and let me know about the nappy mate.
    Oh my turn for a b@rtch. Im so sick and tired of waking up with a crusty yucky nose and throat. I could understand if I still smoked, which I havent done for 6 months now (YAY for me) but man, its actually hurting. I sanyone else having this prob or is it just me and my brian leaking out?
    I hear cloude breaking guns going off. I live near orchards and the farms use them to break up rain cloude so their crops dont get wreaked. I have to go and get my washing off the line.
    BBL

morn all,
    my parents are coming over for the day. They're gonna bring my sister and my nephew as well. My little nephew hasn't met Ash yet so we'll see how he goes with her. Should be nice day, gonna walk to the park, has a playground and a lake.

Nelle- She still won't take a bottle but she will take sips out of a cup if needed, just don't want to really do that unless I have to cause I don't want her to get lazy with sucking. My boobs are coping okay all those extra night feeds must be making more milk cause they've been filling up the breast pads more.

Jodi- I know of some bubs who start solids at 4 months. Could it be that shes just thirsty? Is it warm at nights in her room?

Well Ash woke twice last night for a feed, big improvement, but then woke 6:45 an hour after last feed in a foul mood, she was still so tired, yawning her head off. She carried on for an hour was only happy on the boob, tried dummy but spat it out and she wasn't hungry cause she was just comfort sucking. So I took her off and just had to pat her for awhile and cuddle. She's only allowed booby if she actually drinks otherwise I know she'd want to be on there all the time!

hi girls! well, she must gave been shattered, slept through till 5.30am even without her last bottle of the night (which is a large one) was up for an hour then back to bed for two hours (so guess where mummy was too )

i'm sure things will get better for you sharleen, relax and try and enjoy the hols. maybe some time with you at home is just what breanna needs...

caddie, lol at you sending the wrong gift! i still have not received my KK pressie.... maybe i should be looking out for nelle's yellow envelope!

shell, enjoy your walk to the park with your family. i promised the dog a walk today. baby girl is squawking at me from her swing, so no more personals sorry girls, hugs to you all (maybe i should take that squawking as a hint to get to the park... or make a bottle now i've finished my toast!!!)

Does anyone know if there is some phase they go through at Xander's age? he has suddenly started waking during the night screaming! the last two nights he has been lucky if he has slept more than a few hours at a time - and when he is sleeping he is so unsettled and restless. During the day, he wants the boobie a little more often, but nothing major.

Jodi - The Accent is a lovely little car, both DH and I have worked over 10 years in the auto industry and honestly, Hyundai get a bad rap for no reason!!!! They have less problems than most Aussie built cars I'm ashamed to say.

Congrats on going platinum Nelle... I guess I probably should just do it as well, but I kinda blew the budget buying a new car.

Sharleen - Good on you for being so strong, hang in there.

Rach - I wonder what happened to those teats? I sent them to the right address, and they haven't come back via return mail.

Maz - a huge congratulations for not smoking for six months... what a great acheivement. The yukky nose/throat is probably all the gunk clearing out of your lungs, I've heard it can take a while.

Rikki - How was Ainsleigh?

Sorry to those I've missed, it takes so long to type with one hand!

lol, must've posted at the same time as Rikki. Yay for Ainsleigh sleeping so well!

Thanks Sharleen... sometimes I wonder if it is his dreams, but I didn't think that they dreamt yet?

Yay for Ainsleigh sleeping so long for you Rikki
    Sharleen - hope today's a better day for you mate.
    Anna - could it be growing pains? My legs use to kill as a kid and I only ever had the pains at night. Just a thought.

What? Really? (Oh how embarrassing...) I'm off to look!

By the way Caddie, I almost wet my pants laughing about your Secret Santa stuff up...it must of been inconvenient at the time, but oh man...you dill!

ETA: Maz, about Xander, that's a thought with growing pains, mum just said that I had them when I was young (though not that little), she says if you think it's that, then to try massaging his legs and see if it helps? And also Anna, I *think* that night terrors are different to nightmares? Maybe? Do they just feel afraid/upset, but not because of a dream? I actually am talking out my butt here, so I'm off to check out that platinum bizzo.
    Last edited by Nelle; December 6th, 2006 at 10:53 AM. Reason: about Xander

I want another baby now. I just cant get it off my dang mind, to the point where I fantasise about going off the pill without Dh knowing and "accidently" getting pregnant...........Im so naughty arent I :eek:

Well bub slept through again YAY. Well if you call midnight to 6am sleeping through. He just would not settled before 12am last night, I almost went insane (but still thought how fantastic it would be to have another one, I must be really loving being a Mama or just plain nuts ) He semi-woke at 1:45am so I changed him and when he went back to full sleep while waiting for me to make his bottle I just took him back to his bed. Had a feed at 6am and slept til 9:30am. Now he's watching From Dusk til Dawn while playing on his playmat

BBL.

Babies have to process what they have learnt during the day and thats why they can get unsettled at night.Thats what i was told anyway!!

OMG girls you talk so much! I cant catchup today! Glad you found me Maz! thanks for the chat today

I went to the Early Childhood Centre this morning and Julia is doing so well she weighed 5.3kgs with clothes on! YAY.. they also said I could call them or see them anytime I feel I need to which is nice and supportive. Then I got a call from the Psycologist she had a cancellation so went to see her this morning for an assessment so will get the results next week and how to get better which is good. Was expecting it to cost more than it did so that was a good bonus, but im scared now of my fears I have to face and how to get better, one step at a time she said thank god. Julia has been crying her ass off this afternoon which is weird she was so good this morning..finally shes asleep and I managed to get some housework done and come online.

Hello to everyone back later for personals after I have read your posts.

Bel
    xxx

glad you got things underway belle. maybe julia was overtired if she was so good in the morning then hard to settle...well, that's what i find with ainsleigh.

caddie - if what you say about processing what you've learnt is right, ainsleigh must not do a whole lot of processing!

we went and posted all the pressies to the rellies over east this morning... what a mission! thank goodness that is done. does anyone else find that their bub likes to sit up and watch the world go by? ainsleigh is much happier in the pram if she is sitting up (even tho she can't sit unassisted yet) she has really good strong head control, so i think that's ok... what do you girls think?

annat... i too am planning on bub number 2, but not yet. would like to be pg by end of next year though. don't do anything silly re deceiving DH, don't think that would go down very well!

you girls have inspired me to shift some weight. i have lost 2kgs so far (woo hoo!) and am off to a gf's house tonight with one of jodes' recipes in tow (well, the finished product, not the recipe!) jodes, you must love the WW carrot cake, that made an appearance 3 times in the recipes! i'll have to give it a go. tonight we're having the chicken and potato bake. looks yum!

better go and do some housework and bottles while little miss is sleeping. my house looks like a bomb's hit it with all the christmas wrapping. hopefully i'll get that finished tomorrow.

xx

Christmas wrapping! Oh crud, need to get this KK pressie to the post office...

Belle, yay on Julia gaining weight, she sure is catching up now! And that's great that you got to see the psychologist early!

A BIG congrats to all those who have/are losing weight! (I've just finished another frozen coke...ah well :P)

Eugh, he's waaailing for who knows what, probably booby. Later lovelies! xo

Thanks for the card Maz. Love it. Also nice to see someone else with a christmas ticker.

Housework., mmmmm maybe I will maybe I wont. I need some visitors to come around it's the only way I can seem to motivate myslef to do housework these days.

Chrissy-I hope everything is going better with your eye.

Belle-Great to see you on here and to hear that you got an appointment.

AnnaT-Think long and hard before you deceive your DH. It's a partnership remember. He may just want to put off having kids to give you a chance to let your body catch up after having Jett. If I remember rightly it was pretty tough for you particularly towards the end with the high blood pressure. Maybe he just wants Jett to be older so that you can better cope. Does he want more children? Maybe you can sit down and talk about the earliest and the latest that you would want to start trying. I hope I havent offended you. Anways all the best hun.

Love

I wouldnt ever deceive him, I dont believe in that. I can see how everyone would have thought thats what I meant lol I just meant it as a little joke. Sorry if I got anyone worried!
    DH doesnt know what he wants, one second he wants to have a big gap but then he sprouts off about me finishing my study and working once Jett is in preschool but how on earth can I do that when he wants to start TTC again around that time? Ive already discussed the health side of things with my GP and he said he generally recommends a year wait but seeing as we had fertility issues + it took so long then maybe we need to think about starting sooner. I dunno, most days I would do it in a heartbeat, some days I doubt myself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast