Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #15

Default Babies Born September 2006 #15

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - christy7@bellybelly.com.au ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - lea13@bellybelly.com.au
    Sherie - sherie.brown@bigpond.com
    Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

first

Hi girls I posted this last in the last thread but I want you to all see it so posting it again. Sorry I havent posted but in the past 3 days its been really rough for me and having panic attacks. I am trying to get better and reading your posts. I am seeing my GP on monday to see how Im going and trying to learn how to calm myself down its even hard for me to go out the house at the moment, I just wish it never got to this stage... but im trying to get through it.

Charli - my thoughts are with you I hope you are ok, I will give you a call this week to see how you are going, if you are not up to talking I will leave you a message...thinking of you.

Anna**- hows Xander today?? any better? hope Scotty is helping you today. OMG At someone being on your property

Helen P - hi mate how ru going today? I hope the bleeding has stopped very scarey let me know how your tests go I will be thinking of you. My Dad and Nana on his side had Bowel cancer too, I need to get myself checked out too when Im feeling better...thinking of you.

Maz - hi mate, thanks for your email how is the Elephant today? I hope your finger is ok.. you poor thing big hugs to you too.

Chrissy - OMG TTC already! wow, the thought of another bubs at the moment for me I dont think I could do it! you are very brave!

Shell - Has Ash settled now? isnt the phone annoying sometimes it always sets Julia off too, I must see if I can turn it down...

Caddie - hows Ruby now? has she been sleeping today? are you tired? big hugs..

Jodi - thanks for the chat this morning..

Will try and come back later for more personals girls. I think talking to you guys and forgeting my issues is much better as I have been wallowing and I have to snap out of it now and accept I have an issue and move on and deal with it.

Bel
    xxx

glad to see you on here belle

yes we are starting to TTC #7:surprised: mind you it could take a while!

HI belle and all you other yummy mummy's.Real.real,bad day here today.BBL

way to go Chrissy , way to go, whoo whoo.
    Goodluck hun I hope the TTC path goes well for you and DH.

Belle-I hope things are starting to look up for you, thanks for your thoughts. I remember you telling me about your dad when I first found out about dad last year. Only 3 weeks ago I was laughing with mum about dad having a camera stuck up is arse, so I guess it's his turn now. All good though.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and hugs etc. Maz-dont worry about pysl (****ing yourself laughing), I think you always have to have a good humour about these sorts of things.
    I sometimes worry about cancer even though the sr told me it is miniscule as drs told my older sister that her thyroid lump wouldnt be cancer and it was and she has to have radiation treatment every year, also my younger sister was told it was unlikely she had had a stroke, but she has had 2(lucky though very mild and just has problems with memory). Ugh self absordbed, I'm sorry.

Sharleen-Hugs sweety. I think a lot of children go through a stage like this, it's just that not many people talk about it. It doesnt mean that you are a bad parent at all. Your guiltyness just goes to show how good a parent you are. Oh and by the way you have no reason whatsoever for feeling guilty.

AnnaT-hugs, hope that you can sort things out for yourself.

Love

I found cheap huggies nappies at BigW. On the shelves they say $19 something and there is no sign bout them being on special but everytime I go to the register they scan thru at $13 something. So I don't know if its a mistake or what but check it out. $6 saving pretty good. Thats for a 48 pack of infant size.

Belle - I have PM'd you....I have suffered from panic attacks before...so I am here if u need to chat.

Chrissy - way to go on the TTC front....holy crap woman!!

By the way its millana being hysterical and not poor ruby. Hubby and i cant even leave a room with out hysterics.I think shes teething or becoming unwell.She was a like this yesterday too but not as bad.Gotta go and assist hubby.

hey girls,

im so tried today need sleep so im hoping tonight will be a better night for us all. fingers crossed

belle - glad to see you are trying to get over this the best as you can im always here for you to talk to. big hugs for you

maz - ouch hope its better tomorrow. hugs for you two

shellbell - they are doing that here aswell it must be a mistake in the system who knows im not saying anything about it lol.

caddie - hope you have a better day tomorrow and millana isnt getting sick.

well im off to have a shower and then get akira to bed and then its bed for me too

later

Adele

Hey chickies, sorry I've been AWOL, busy Saturday, slightly sick & lazy Sunday.

Belle, great to see you online! I think I know what you mean about wallowing in issues, I'm glad we can be your escape and help you stay positive, you totally have all our support as you deal with this and get better

Helen, I'm sure the surgeon won't remember your butt, bet they see heaps. Unless you've dyed your pubes magenta or something. Then they might remember your butt.

Big hugs Caddie, hope Millana settles for you guys soon, sounds like a real tough time!

AnnaT, hugs. Hope you guys are okay.

I get real scared when people come on our property too Anna! Freaks me out. Hope they stay away, maybe instead of being confronting Scott can just say (or you could write a note) that you're not sure if they went on the roof, but if they did, please next time just ask cos you'd be more than happy to grab things for them. Maybe if you get them onside they'll give you guys more respect?

Maz, super owie finger! What kind of fitted nappies did you buy?

Sharle, some of my friends went through similar things when we were kids, and I found that the ones who didn't come good were the ones whose parents chose not to address the issue. So don't be discouraged, I guess just hold her accountable for her actions and make her be responsible. Even if she is crossing boundaries, at least you are making sure she knows where the boundary is. Hugs, I bet it's tough.

Chrissy! All the best with ttc! There is a growing part of me that thinks...mmm yeah, wouldn't mind being pregnant again. (I'm sure if I do fall pregnant again soon, during morning sickness, I will be cursing you all for not stopping me!)

Oh hang on...you have to be getting it on to fall pregnant, don't you. Well, looks like Shell & I are safe :P

Which brings me to...I just feel so unsexy. I feel like I'm getting fat from not doing much, and Rans tells me I'm still beautiful (when I ask) but it just doesn't seem like he's that into me. Sigh. I asked him to make me a drink before and he started making it grumping about why don't I make him one, so I went and took over making us a drink...
    I just feel so uncherished and unspecial.
    (feels good to share, thanks girls)

Hello to the rest of you awesome girls I'm really looking fwd to our chat on Friday night! You guys are really so valuable to me! Nite xo

I totally hear you nelle on the attractiveness thing.I may as well not even exist.Hubby never compliments me or even noticed my weightloss.Im just a slave.....Thats why im going on this diet to make myself feel good and stick it up him.

WTG Caddie! As good a reason as any I reckon... great motivation for weightloss anyway. I hope Millana settles down for you, wonder what it is? Jealousy?

Well, just so you girls don't feel like you are alone, my DH barely notices me these days either. I can't even remember the last time he, well, jumped me! I mean, where the hell has all the lust gone these days. Mind you, the fact that I am basically a cow and leak milk a lot probably isn't the greatest look but that aint the point.

Hey Belle, great to see you pop in here - really miss chatting to you. Will have to catch you again real soon. Xander has been an angel today for once and fed only every 3 hours! OMG. He was fairly hard to settle tonight, but it is pretty warm here today. How is the lovely Julia? Will phone you again really soon.

Adele - I hope you get some sleep mate.

Chrissy - You are braver (or is that just crazier? :P ) than me! Best of luck with your new TTC journey. Hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Helen - Hope everything goes well for you. I'm sure you'll be fine, but I can understand your worry.

Nelle - Can you take some time out to treat yourself to a massage or something? Sounds like you need some serious spoiling. It's hard being "Mum" all the time.

Big hugs and kisses to Maz, Shell, AnnaT, ChrissyT and to all you other yummy mummies (you know who you are!)
    Not much to report from me, might go pour myself a glass of wine now that my cow duties are finished for the evening.

well im in the wars at the moment, went and got my stitches out on my face last week and they found another skin cancer on my shoulder, so they took that off straight away, so i have a very sore shoulder, and my eye has swollen beyound belief, so im off to the hospital as im in agony and i cant see real well either, c raig has a flexy day today so at least he is home.

yes you all think im mad TTC again, but i had a tubal reversal to have 2 kids, and it took us 2.5 years to have caitlyn, so im not expecting to fall straight away, and im no spring chicken anymore either.

hope you all have a great day, i sent my kk pressie too

Chrissy - you go girl. I hope your pg by Christmas mate. Jed and i are extremely clucky, he keeps asking Vyolett if she wants a baby sister. Pretty good seeing we didn't want any more than 1. We'll start trying this time next year again. I cant wait. I wish you all the luck in the world mate.
    Anna - Squirt DH in the face and then ask him if you make him horny? I feel the same as everyone else, sex drive has flown south. I think last month had alot to do with it.
    Nelle - I bought my nappies of a lady of ebay who only lives in the next town (she makes them herself). I love them but I do have to still put pilchers on Vy over the top of them
    Belle - good luck with the GP today mate. fingers crossed you beat this thing.
    I have to bash Jed to keep away from me at the moment. I love the fact that he makes me feel as if IM 16 again. He tells me he loves me and loves my body, wobblies and all. I just tell him thats nice and keep doing what im doing. I just cant be f^^ked with the whole sex thing at the moment. I clean up enough through the day with out that added mess:eek: . They never have to worry about dripage now do they! On a different note, BIL's wife went into labour at midnight last night. Havent heard anything yet but it good Jed all excited about number 4 (WTF). I have told him to stay away from me at christmas New years cause Im not going to have another september baby.
    Should go, Sammi is coming up today and Ive still gotta have a shower (smelly b'artch here)
    xxmaz

morning all,
    I tell you I am just feeling tireder every day! I wish sometimes I wasn't BFing just so I could have a day off. I think it would be nice to just go out one afternoon with friends have dinner see a movie then sleep straight til 10 or 11 next morning. Ah a girl can dream can't she. No I'm just feeling more crankier and impatient from waking up exhausted and feeling exhausted all day and it doesn't help when she is having unsettled periods.

At the moment I'm 3 kg lighter than pre-preg, I eat so much crap too. Must be the BFing and maybe too the fact i don't get to eat much in the day cause i forget! Df says he still finds me attractive but he'd be too scared to say otherwise. I do need to tone my tummy but lately i couldn't care less how I look. Happy to just sit around in trakky pants with my hair uncombed.

maz- Oh Maz sounds like you might be preg soon, maybe wear garlic round your neck keep jed away. LOL!

chrissy- :hugs: i hope they sort you out at the hospital. You poor thing.

Anna**- I know what you mean feeling like a cow. i found a singlet top in my draw that says moo cow on the front, thought I'll start wearing it again cause its quite true!

caddie- I hope millana wakes up feeling much better this morning, hoping you got some sleep too.

morning all,

chrissy - good on you for TTC again! Good luck with it. We say we're going to wait until Nina is about 18 months old, but we're not exactly using any protection so when it happens, it happens I suppose.

maz - good luck to BIL and his wife.

not much to report here. Nina is becoming very lively and full of energy. With each nappy change all she wants to do is roll around all over the place.
    We went to Heath's xmas party last night and left my parents to look after Nina. I can't express anymore (?) so I made up a bottle of formula & she totally refused it! She refused it last time as well. Fortunately she didn't care too much and went to sleep anyway and 5 minutes after getting home she woke up for a feed.
    But it makes it a little difficult for me to go out now. I used to express enough for a feed, now I can't even get a drop out. I seem to still have plenty of milk, I can squirt some milk out with my hands, and Nina is growing very nicely. What do I do if I can't express and she refuses the formula?? Never go out :eek:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast