Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #17

Default Babies Born September 2006 #17

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Love

well the weekend wasn't too bad, still irritated with a few things but not as bad as I had expected

of course after having a bad day thurs and fri with Jack, he LOL slept most of the weekend LOL, so thats why IL's couldn't be too annoying he was asleep FIL kept on about waking him and I got the message thru that if he did that he wouldn't see Jack till he was 2, FIL was like haha, and I was like no seriously I didn't it in a joking tone, but dead set if he had woken him I was going to go him big time LOL

well we dont have to see them now till next year WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! except I now have to go to dentist so I am sure we will call in and say hi, but wont be a long visit just call in to drop animals there while jase takes me to dentist, then off to Agnes we go YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

well must go mums group this arvie, and yet again BF lady is coming SIGH!!!!!!!!!! she is brin gig some woman who has to do a talk to get acreditation in being a BF assoc person, joy joy!!!!!!!! 30min talk, saw the girl whose house group is at today and she isn't overly happy this is happening so after BF lady leaves we are going to broach the subjext with other girls about not having her coe etc, just make it a mums gathering etc

ok hope you are all well

oh oh...........jack got so spoilt for xmas, we have opened most of his gifts as we wont have room to take everything with us must write out the list and share, so funny mum, sister, MIL and SIL all got him things I had wanted to egt but couldn't find LOL

Merry Xmas Ladies
    I've been MIA as I'm finding 2 kids very full on....
    I just wanted to also say to AnnaT, that I am a severe endo gal too (12 laps, danazol, zoladex, bowell resections, bladder clearances etc etc). Pg and bf doesn't necessarily halt the endo, infact after DD's birth my endo was worse probably because I bled more during the pg than I ever did. Best of luck with the gyny, I hope he gives you lots of answers and more importantly relief....
    DS was baby sat for the first time by my ILs, overnight - it was heart wrenching for me, but apparently he was OK...Typical hey!! LOL
    He gets 6-8 hours sleep each night but unfortunately starting at around 6:30pm /7:30pm so I still don't get more than 3-4 hours sleep myself at a time.... Oh well there is light at the end of the tunnel I suppose.
    He's been a bit grumpy today, so I guess the 12 wk spurt is here slightly early!!!
    Hope everyone is going well....

Rach75- If half are you are not breastfeeding and the rest would already be established with their BFing then I don't see why you would all need her there every week pushing the topic, be nice for you all to meet up as just mums and chat.

Jodi- You still having trouble with the expressing? Has Nina finished her growth spurt cause maybe if that settles she will have already got your body to produce more milk so it may be easier to express once she's not having as much,

Nelle- We're also a granny and grandpa here. No sex for us. I've been to tired but have tested Df out telling him I'm ready to go and he always has an excuse. He's never had much of a sex drive anyway. Plus to top off our whole granny thing we have seperate beds! We bought 2 single beds awhile back and put them together, everyone laughs at us but its fantastic, we don't disturb each other, he reallt throws himself round the bed.

Hellen.P- Ants always seem to come out this time of year. Is it dry where you are? They always come looking for water. Is eithan a happy chucker? Its amazing sometimes how much they can vomit, makes me wonder where they hide it all.

Well Ash is another one sleeping heaps today, I think cause its been hot all weekend, she seems to sleep quite well the day after hot weather. Usually she has 45min sleep, today she's had 1.5 and now she's been asleep 2 hours! Still asleep too. Both times she called out after the 45mins but managed to settle herself back to sleep.
    I just don't know what to do with myself, there are dishes there but can't be ****ed, I will just tell Df that I've had very busy day and he can do them. LOL!

ETA: Hi Magic. Good to hear from you. Ash went thru 12 week stage early from about 10.5 to 11.5 weeks she was very unsettled and clingy but seems pretty good latele (touch wood!).
    Last edited by shellbell3; December 11th, 2006 at 01:16 PM.

shell, yeah she's finished with the growth spurt but I still can't manage to express even a drop. I was leaking some this morning so I tried to express then and nothing ??? I really wanted to express later on as I don't want to stop b/f when she starts solids. Oh well, you can only do what you can do I suppose.
    Can you believe Nina is asleep again!?!?!? You'd think she'd be all slept out by now. At least I can get some housework done and have some lunch, which reminds me, I'd better go eat

Jodi- Maybe rent an electric one for a month and try that? I hear they are fantastic to express. It can be expensive but if it works for you at least you'll know you have an option down the track.
    What is going on with all our bubs sleeping? Ash is still asleep. Can't complain though, tomor she'll prolly make up for it!

Shell ~ I think the girl who BF assoc contacted was made to feel guilty as she should be pushing BF atc, so hopefully the one whose house it is at today will bring it up etc

I knew there was something I forgot to mention our weather has been so nice over the weekend, even cool enough sat night for me to wear flannie pants LOL

is a little war today probably low low 30's

Jack is sleeping heaps too, whihc is nice I put him down on floor and he was awake for a bit then just drfited off, well better go shower and pack nappy/bottle bag change and dress jack and get going

oh and I'm not pg *woooooo* AF came and the bext of all a 33 day cycle wooooooooo maybe pg helped me get to a nice cycle length I haven't had a 30 odd day cycle without clomid for 2 1/2 years so to have a 33day naturally is brilliant, oh and Jase and I have made the decision we are OTL for sure, no drugs no temping etc, but just open to whatever happens, come april we will be serious back to temping etc

my god girls, for the first time ever I felt lost nah only kidding.
    Rikki - i got my mail today and opened an envelope to have the most gorgeous 2 kids looking at me. thank you so much, it really made my day.
    Caddie - did you get your parcel from me yet?
    Anna - yours will probably be a little longer, sorry.
    Hello to everyone else, sorry for being a slack tart but im tired having been up since 4.30 with Vy. Atleast I had my house work done by 7
    Taking my mum out tomorrow to go shopping for her birthday. Going to spoil her but she doesnt know it yet. Also want to take her to see santa and get her pic done with him so she can send it to her sister over in germany. Mum hasn't seen her since 1968.
    $hit Ive gotta pick Nikolaus up
    bbl

Maz ? Its abit early to get it yet? Did you only post it the friday?
    Ruby slept from 630pm to 450am!! No waking.She had a drink then slept till 8am,woohoo.
    Though she is a turkey now wanting to sleep in the lounge..Still to get her in a cot.
    BBL gota do some chrissy cards.

WE ARE MOVING !!!!!

Yeah, we just a phone call from the agent and we got the house we wanted on the Gold Coast!

So we move in on the 3rd February !!! Our house has tenants moving in on the 14th Janu and ill stay at IL's for 2 weeks before we move into our house!!!

BBL to chat more.. Can you tell i am excitied!! We are moving to Upper Commera,, Near Dreamworld on the Gold Coast

xoxo

Congratulations little p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulation little p hope it all goes well for u all

later doing house work and looking after riley he has a sore throat.

adele

congrats little P on the move. Good day aswell (my 32nd bfday)
    Caddie - I sent it express ($hit I think I did) on friday. What a good little girl ruby was for ya last night, hope she does the same for you tonight.
    Adele - man mate it doesnt rain but it poors for you. big hugs.

it sure does maz. my lawn should be green around me lol but its not lol. love the picture of vy very sexy :P yay i know your birthday now maz :P i have to write it down lol

im back to the drs tomorrow with riley to see if it has pasted as he has to have his needles sometime this week as its the only week i have free. crossing my fingers

well im off to sort something out for tea while riley is asleep and akira is quite.

spoke to soon

later

Adele

I agree! Congrats and hope the move goes smooth for you.
    I updated my homepage with pics of my precious turds!!!

congrats on the move little p.... glad you got the house you wanted. and happy bday maz... saggitarians rock!!!!!

Yay little P!!

Maz, I'll remember your birthday (hopefully on the day) cos two of our friends get married that day! (not to each other)

Ohh Caddie, your ticker pic of Ruby is CUTE!

Man Adele, hope Riley gets better soon! River's cold is getting better so I might be finally able to get him immunised this week...we'll see.

Jodi, with all that sleep, maybe Nina is going through an unscheduled growth spurt, lol!

Oh man I'm thirsty, later girls.xo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast