Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Hi ya all.
    Had a wonderful 24hours. (sorry). Vyolett has settled down heaps and im feeling much better. I spoke to my best friend on the phone before and she told me she was worried about me cause she saw all the signs she had when she had post natal. I feal like a ton of bricks has been lifted of my shoulders and Im breathing properly for the first time. I do have a head ache but and its probably from feeling guilty.
    Caddie - I just wanted to ring you yesterday and say thank you for the beautiful blanket you sent Vyolett. Ive bought alot of stuff with butterflies on it and have even hung some from her ceiling in her room. I should have Ruby's pressy in the mail tomorrow (I still have to paint part of it and do the instructions)
    Have to take more washing of the line as Wilhelm has gastro and left a nice mess for me at 5am this morning. Ah if its not one kid, its the other.
    I hope everyone is having a fantastic day.
    Oh Anna - i love the warranty card and reciept thing. PMSL at it. I asked NIkolaus (whilst I was pg) what he would do if the baby came out a boy, cause he wanted a sister so bad. He told me we'd take it back to Target or Kmart and change him for a girl. I always wondered how cabbage patch kids did come along? lol
    xxmaz

Maz, great to hear that you're feeling better. At least someone has had a good past 24 hours!
    My first 2 weeks with Nina were a nightmare, and a girlfriend thought I might have PND. Just being able to talk to someone about how I was feeling lifted a huge weight off my shoulders, and I've been great ever since.

Maz its so hard to tell that you were depressed. I had no idea until after the fact. And don;t feel guilty, hun. You're doing a great job and its so much harder when you've already got kids. You always sound so upbeat and I really admire that. Glad things are on the way up for you.

Hugs to you maz..I feel bad because i couldnt chat to you! I think the whole b/f issue causes lots of stress and guilt.I too felt likt that with millana and i think i have decided to just bottle feed this little one too.I think giving her some EBM for a little while longer will help me feel not so bad.It sounds selfish but when you have other children to take care of its hard to give time for all of them and b/f does take alot of our time.They say it gets easier but when you dont have time to work at it sometings gotta give.Better the b/f than our sanity.
    I went to playgroup today.Millana had so much fun and ruby slept the whole time! I was very lucky today.Maybe a different story next week!
    Ruby is starting to become more alert too,so more crying.

Finally got my ticker to work.Woohoo!!!

Gorgeous photo caddie, she has suck dark hair

caddie ruby is so cute.

adele

jodi-lee glad to hear that nina's nappy rash is clearing up. she looks like a happy baby in her photo.

Adele

Hi ladies, just popping in quickly to send hugs to all who need them. I am planning on taking a time out from posting for a couple of days as things are just everywhere at the moment. I have Eithan's 6week check on Tue so will be finding out if there is anyway to stop the vomiting. Other than that he us perfect, but I think I am just feeling out of sorts about it. Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully I will get to read about you all, but probably not joining on fir now.. Love you all.

Belle-Special thoughts for you, I hope that your gastro calms down and you dont have to go to hospital, thinking of you,

Love

Hi girls,

Thanks Helen and Maz who have called me you are both wonderful. MAz I will call you back when im feeling better. Big hugs to you re feeling down.

Well girls I have tried taking antibiotics 2 times and thrown them up twice, have to go to the GP tomorrow to get maxalon - whats that? my ob said to get it.. god hope I dont throw that up too.. man this is sooo frustrating.

Little Julia is feeding well now suprisingly but hasnt settled this afternoon. Poor DH Jeffrey has been a wonder washing everything after I threw up twice and getting me stuff.

Back later girls if Im feeling better.

Adele - goodluck honey lets keep in touch by sms.. I find it hard to get to computer right now feeling very ill.

Anna** How is gorgeous Xander?

Caddie - how is Ruby feeding this afternoon? Dont feel guilty honey I know exactly what you are feeling

Jodi-Lee - big hugs to you...

Nat - I have pm'd you my numbers I hope you are well.

Charli - how you doing?

Sorry If I have missed anyone my brain is sozzled and boobs hurt.. back to EBM like Caddie....

Bel
    xxx

Hi all,

*Belle*- Hope you are starting to feel better, after just getting out of hospital this is the last thing you need.

What I want to know is how long these "baby blues" last for. I cannot stop sobbing! It's terrible, everything sets me off good or bad. I just can't stop feeling so overwhelmed and its starting to make me feel sick to my stomach just stressing myself out so much. I keep asking myself am i doing the right thing. It just still seems so surreal that just the other day i had this baby in my tummy and now I have this real life human being totally dependant on me!

shellbell my baby blues lasted about 2 weeks. It was awful. I eventually went to my dr after a girlfriend noticed and was worried about me. After talking to my girlfriend and my dr I felt great, just being able to talk about how I feel and know that this is completely normal!! I also started to do 'normal things', like going out for lunch with someone, or going shopping. I found that was a great help.
    They say the baby blues start from around day 3, so don't worry too much. If you can, leave bub with someone, even for an hour, and have some time for yourself. You'll feel great afterwards

Belle,maxalon is an anti-emetic.Stops u from throwing up! Great for hangovers...

Good morning chickens. Hope everyone woke feeling great to some extent!

Jodi - Nina is a vision mate. She's beautiful. It seems we're lucky to have friends like ours to help us on our bad days. Thank god we all found each other here. Im so glad that Nina's nappy rash has cleared up.

Nat - I think I always worry about telling people my problems, I hate downloading. I always think there's someone else worse of than me. My girlfriend said its my 'mask'. Thanks for helping me work through the whole bf issue I had mate. You really helped me heaps. Big kisses for ya!

Caddie - dont feel bad about the whole bf thingo. I feel so relieved now and the kids are so much happier. Wilhelm no longer blocks his ears when Vyolett cries now. I will try to call you some time this weekend, hopefully tomorrow. RE Ruby's present - I still have to paint it so it will be a little late, Im sorry. Oh I love the pic on your new ticker. I could just eat her up!

Belle - big hugs for you honey. Maxalon stops you from throwing up and feeling sick. I took it through nearly my whole pg. Wilhelm just spewed all over me while he was sitting on the the loo doing 'spewy poo' as he calls it. Jed's cleaning the whole toilet (have to love him today). I just hope I dont get it now. Don't stress about the call yet - just concentrate on getting happy and making sure you get better. Im not going anywere.

Shell - Oh babe put Ashleigh in the pram and go for a walk mate. I did it with NIkoalus (bit harder with 3) and it made the world of difference. I agree with Jodi too, talk to someone get it out. We're all here and if you need pm message me and I'll give you my phone number to chat or if you want or give me yours. Just get it out babe.

Helen - take your time to get things better, we're always here for you hon. I can understand fully. At the moment I feel like this is my life line (lol). Good luck with Eithans check up on tuesday. I'll be thinking of you

I went to the doctors last night and had a good chat with him. He was so caring and understanding. Gave me a script for my bb's to help get rid of the rest of the milk and told me Ive got mastitus (sp???). I also weighed myself while I was there and im only 107kg now. I weighed 126kg before I fell pg. My doctor is so happy with me. I also got a script for the pill cause Im not having ANY MORE BABIES! He put me on one that doesnt make you put weight on but it cost $15 a month. Small price to pay in my eyes. Ive got my SIL coming up with her son from Melbourne today. I told her about Wilhelm but she still wants to come up. I just hope they dont go home with the gastro. I so cant wait to see her.
    My money from centerlink still hasn't come in but it can take up to 4 weeks they told me. Pitty if I needed things for Vyolett.
    I suppose I better go and have a shower seeing I smell of spew and all.
    Try and have a fantastic day girls
    Love to you all
    xxmaz
    Last edited by maz; September 23rd, 2006 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Snap caddie

hey girls,

still here for now.

keep my seat warm for me. ill be back in a few days time hopefully.

Love ya all

Adele

Hi all,
    I'm feeling a little better today, thanks for all your support. I think I get worse towards the end of the day with the tiredness. Been chatting to my mum and sister, they've been very reassurring.

Maz- Thats fantastic about the weight loss. You must be feeling really good about yourself right now. Glad to hear things are going well and you've sorted out the feeding.

I have to say Df has been quite good, I think he feels quite useless at times seeing as the day mainly consists of feeds but he been giving her lots of cuddles and looking after me, doing all the housework and cooking. We were lucky cause he is a school teacher and just started school holidays when Ashleigh arrived.

HI All

Well i can finally join this group.. i will have to read over the last couple of pages in order to see where everyone is at as far as bubs settling etc..

Alexander is 1 week old today and we are settling in like a dream... breastfeeding is a wonderful experience for me this time.. i had a great lactation consultant in hospital !

He is getting his days and night mixed up.. he will feed 4-5 hours during the day but 2-3 hours at night.. so i am going to try and feed him more during the day and hope that he will sleep more at night..

anyway a huge congratulations to everyone and i hope that you are all settling in well with your babies

xoxo Anna

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast