Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Default Babies Born September 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Augh I just spent 15-20min writing a post with heaps of lovely personals and the thread was locked while I was posting so I lost it all.
    I feel so bad as I havent been doing many personals from lack of time and then I did have time so I did it and now I dont so I cant do it again.

Well just quickly I had Eithan weighed today. Dressed weight 3.9kg 2weeks ago 3.56 so a weight gain of 340gms. His length is 51 cms. He hasnt gained much but I am pretty happy as he has reflux and had trouble gaining weight to begin with. So slowly, slowly, but getting there.

Better go and try to get tea done before Eithan wakes up.

Love

Well done eithan!!
    My scarecow has put on 50g so she now is 10g below her birth weight of 2430g. Im trying to fatten her up,at the moment she is asleep but should wake her for a feed.Poor thing.
    At the moment i am EBM and formula feeding with a bottle as she is fussy on the breast.I dont know if i should persist or not with b/f. I bottle fed my first but its hard when i feel guilty.I just wish everything was fine and that ruby didnt have being small issues.Oh well she is healthy apart from that so i cant complain too much.

Helen, that's great that Eithan is gaining weight, even it's a small amount.
    Caddie, hope it works out for you. But at least if you decide to bottle feed you've given b/f a go.

Well Nina seems to be back to her original good old self!! We've had a scary 2 days with her constantly feeding and crying. I think it might have been me taking her out too much, she doesn't seem to like going out very much. Only for an hour or two, then gets cranky.

Hi girls, for those who didnt see my post in the thread that was just locked.. cause not really any reply, I just wanted to let you know we arrived home around lunchtime today im so knackered and drugged up at the moment..with panadine forte and also antibiotics as I have a fever/cold from the hospital. Having issues breast feeding at the moment..long story will explain after little Julia's feed .

Caddie - I totally understand re the breast feeding what do you want to do? at the moment I dont need to use EBM, but if it goes on like today I will have to express after and give her some.. I just hope it all works out, very scary being home first day and all.... im sooo tired.

Helen - hello!!!! im back

Anna -= sorry missed you online mate.. lets catchup soon.

Maz - how you doing?

More personals later girls.

Bel
    xxx

Welcome back Belle, nice to see you here. I had done a personal, but lost it and chucked a mini whammy.
    Sorry to hear that you have a fever/cold. I hope that your BF sorts itself out soon. Itmay be a bit nervewracking when you first get home, but you will find that you will settle down and feel better about it soon. Esp sleepimg in your own bed.

Caddie- 50gms is better than nothing, your little one will soon take off, she's just taking her time.

Jodi-Lee- Glad to hear that Nina is back to her old self.

Anna-Your little man sounds like he is doing great.

Hi to everyone else, Maz, Charli, Riki, Nat, Adele and anyone I've missed, hope your bubs are all doing well. Sorry no personals Eithan is really grumpy tonight, he's having trouble getting his wind out as well as the vomits. Sigh it will get better.

Love

welcome back belle. i know what you mean about bf issues!

i think ainsleigh now has reflux... she does a massive regurgitate/chuck after her feed. those that mentioned the brauer? drops... are they working for you?

I hear you both Caddie and Belle about bottle feeding. HAd a really good 24 hours yesterday then Vyolett decideds that she'll scream for 3 hours from 10.30 last night. I told Jed that it was 'his turn' and just got the formula out. My left nipple is continuously tingling, almost burning and when Vy goes to get on its really hard. God, and I thought being pg was hard. lol. We just finally got to sleep and Wilhelm got up at 3.30am and spewed in his bed. Poor bugger now has gastro and cries when ever he goes to the loo. Have to go to the bank today to sort out some finances so its going to be fun with the 3 of them, spewing, $hitting and screaming.
    I just did a big personal entry too and Bloody lost it. i have no brain today so im sorry but I love you all an dhope that your day has started better than mine.
    I'll be back later with hopefully a clearer head and match stick's keeping my eyes open
    xxmaz

Fingers crossed for ya Chrissy

vyolett looks adorable maz!

thanks hon.
    I cant see your ticker are you changing it?
    Oh my god your still pg on you advar...hehehehe we wish
    Finishing something up special for Ruby. You have to add some bits and pieces to it when you get it. I remembered the paper (thanks to the lady at the scraping shop). Im hoping or send it tomorrow or on saturday.

hey girls,

well i had a crappy night i was up and down with akira as she was screaming cause her ear was hurting her and the panadol wasnt doing much for her the poor thing. then i was up early this morning as my back was playing up on me again like yesterday. I just cant wait to get this baby outta me so i can laydown on my back.

maz - hope you all have a better day today. and hope everyone gets some rest at some point of the day.

helen p - hope eithan is doing better today. is there anything you can give him to help him out or is he still to young for anything .

well im off for a while going to have a shower before akira starts at me again

seeya

Adele

hi girls

Help! I cant settle her, she fed at 11am for 1hr and hasnt settled since, tried cuddle her no success tried to feed her breast again but no success.. what next?

Bel

Bel, maybe she's got wind? Nina has had wind all morning and took me 4 hours to settle her. I ended up giving her a little bit of boiled cooled water to help break the wind, worked a treat.

Belle, lay her on her tummy over your lap. That will make her feel a bit better if she has wind. She may need the sucking to comfort her, so if you can leave her on as much as possible. Is she latching on okay? Is your milk in yet or just colostrum? Try and relax, because if you are anxious she will pick up on it.

If you need to talk PM me and i'll give you my number.

Belle my little one has been the same.Ruby was awake for 3hrs and grizzly.I put her in a swing and that lasted 40min and then i just held her for a while till she needed a feed.She is asleep but im sure its wind or gas!

Thats it I give up!
    I am now officially handed in my boobies cause I dont want them any more!
    I have decided to my sake, the boys sake and Vyoletts that IM not going to bb feed any more. My left hand side is really hurting me and only gives out 20ml and the other side gets that big that I feel like Dolly Parton has left one of her boobies behind. I couldn't for the life of me settle Vyolett again this morning so I gave her 100ml of formula at 11am and she's still alseep. My poor boys. I didn't have time at all this morning to spend with them and they ended up having breakfast at 10am. Wilhelm has gastro to top everything off and I cant get Vyolett into a routine at all.
    Bugger it, I tried and I jsut cant do it any more. Please dont think im being a bad mum, I need to find my feet. I think it probably would have been easier if I had only Vy but its so hard trying to get everything done...sorry for my winge and thanks girls for being an ear. See, its not just first time mum's who want to pull their hair out.
    Belle - I hope your alright hon..do what is best for you.
    How are you going Caddie? Still hanging in there I see
    Going to spend some time with the boys before they forget who the hell I am
    xxmaz

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast