Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #21

Default Babies Born September 2006 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Wow Sharleen... Ambah is growing well. It's funny to think that my little man was by far the biggest, and now everyone's bubs are catching and overtaking him! lol. Not surprising really as neither Scott nor myself are big people.

Sharleen - dont laugh but I actually have a copy of the cd already sitting here addresed to you and one for Caddie. I thought you guys might want a copy so I just did them. Sending them off tomorrow for ya's darls.
    Anna - I dont care how big or how small Xander gets, Ill always love that gorgeous little man. 7.4kg is a fantastic weigh for a bb feed bubba. Be Proud mate, your doing a fantastic job!
    Vy has just stopped her high pitch squeeling now. I'd say that their will be teeth soon, she bit the foo out of my shoulder., I look like jed's given me a hicky there. Oh Anna - I was thinking about buying a Very baby fleecy cover with elephants all over it,f or the elephant. Bugger it im going to do it now!
    BBL

I made a appoin tfor jack for tomorrow at 10.30am I am sitting here in tears I really dont think he can hear, I came up behin dhim with a saucepan hit it hard with a wooden spoon right next to his head he didn't flinch, blink, look nothing not one ounce a reaction

please say some prayers that it is something simple like he has blocked ears or anything

Maz,can i have a cd too? everyone is raving all about it so i better see whats up.Might help me!
    I do scrapping too,just bought an urbin lilly album off ebay and cant wait for it too arrive.
    MM been to funstation all morning and miss millana should have a sleep but i dont think its gonna happen.BBl AS she is crying

Rach.. i know Jesse always startles whenever DH sneezes.. but you gotta have a sneeze handy i guess. Do you have any squeeky toys you could try? Nelles right.. worrying iss part of being a mum Hope hes ok.

Maz.. We're going to be starting around Oct - Nov too.. so hopefully it wont take long and bubs comes just before September if pos.

Ambz.. i didnt know you could get baby food for 4-6 months? (how uneducated am it!) Do you have to start on rice cerial or can you just go straight to the baby food?

Sharleen.. is Ambah sitting up already? Wow what a clever girl! Jesse gets so frustraited having to lie down all the time.. hopefully he'll be up soon enough.

Jesse's done the grosest poos the past too days.. think it must be the teething.. he has pink cheeks atm.. looks like a little elf.

PMSL caddie - we must have posted nearly at the same time...wait... yep you must have been typing. ones coming your way hon!
    Rach - try to stay calm. As a mum we tend to think worst cause senario, Jack may just need some gromits to help open his ears up. Please dont take the next question the wrong way, but does he make eye contact with you? Does he smile at you? im just curious and I'll explain after you answer
    Kellxx - that would be fab if we were in the next babies forum, I think their might be a few of us in there. Dont talk to me about teething and pink cheeks. Vy's just exhausted herself from screaming so much that she fell asleep in my arms

Ohhh Rach honey, I'm praying mate. PM me if you need to chat, I'll give you a call.
    It might not end up being that bad, my cousin was deaf til she was 3, she'd just been lip reading, sneaky thing, til they realised she had some common condition that could be fixed with a simple op.
    Hugs honey, let us know if there's anything we can do!

ETA: Maz, what are gromits? I have this image of something similar to tiny prairie dogs having to go into Jack's ear...
    Do babies get blockages from wax? I remember when I was young, mum pulled a chunk of wax outta my ear and I could hear a LOT better
    Last edited by Nelle; January 10th, 2007 at 03:10 PM.

Aww Rach.. will be praying for you my dear.. aww i hope hes ok.. my fingers are crossed sweety. Go and give him a big kiss and cuddle.. he is still perfect no matter what.

caddie.. where do you get your scrapbooking stuff from? I get most of mine on ebay as ive found the shop near me is quite expensive and well.. crap. Just wondering if you know of any online stores that are good?

thanks girls I am probably ebing a worry wart but Jase mum and aunt have a condition that cause the bone to grow over canal they both have hearing aids, I dont know if they are 100% deaf without or what, aunt wasn't picked up early but when his mum was born they did testing ASAP

Maz yes he looks us in eyes smiles and stuff, he also makes sounds which I suppose is a good sign i

Nelle - I think gromits are wire things they put in your ears when your ears get blocked. they wrok their own way out after a year or two. We thought Nikolaus was being an ignorant foo the last month, until I cleaned out his ears and found a flower bud in there. We think it might have gotten in there when we were in the pool and a big storm hit, either that or he really has got $hit for brains .ROFLMAO ahahahahahaha.
    Kellxx - what scrapping stuff do you like to use? I love making memories and Heide swamp ( I know ive spelt that wrong) stuff Im also partially in love with chatterbox. I buy alot form the us sites in bulk cause they are so cheap, eg bought chatterbox rubons for $1 and they were $12 here, a sheet. I spent $20 and saved $150. I go to a shop here in shepparton but I just cant afford the expenence of it now.
    Rach - thank god! I was pooing panties there for a min. I did PM you sorry I didn't mean to scare you but you know were here for you.
    Last edited by maz; January 10th, 2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: rach posted while I was dribling

anna** - I can't believe Xander is 7.4kg, Nina is 7.5kg now!!!! She was always about a kg behind him. Must be this constant 2-hourly feeding. It's good to know there are others out there going through the same. She's only had one sleep so far today, she's tired and I've tried getting her to sleep. Even mum came around and tried, but nothing worked, she's just really cranky.

rach - thinking of you and praying for you. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

sharleen - I think the heat might be contributing to it, so I've got all the a/c's on in the house. Our elect bill is gonna be huge this time!! I gave her a sponge bath about an hour ago and she loved it. Cooled her down heaps. We can't go for a swim as it's just too hot and sunny and she'll burn.

kellxx - there is a scrapbooking thread on here somewhere, and you can also buy scrapbooking stuff off the net, apart from ebay.

She's Asleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rach,im praying all is fine with jack.Good luck mate.
    Thanks maz!!

Rach.. maybe he just has a blockage or something or perhaps an ear infection? Hopefully its just something like that.

Maz.. I like the Jolee's stuff but can be pretty expensive. Others i use are Karen Foster, making memories, Creative imaginations etc.. i use anything that looks good pretty much Oh ok, thats good.. what are the sites? I bought a few things at Spotlight the other day.. they have some nice stuff.. alot of it was on sale so if you have one near you, you might be able to get some bargins. But otherwise i just get it mostly on ebay.. btw i know Big W has 12x12's on sale atm in packs of 100 for $7. Either multicoloured or Flavia patterned ones. Someones selling 75 sheets on ebay and theyre going for about $20-$40 for just 75 pages!

Jodi.. ill have to do a search for it. I just weight Jesse and he's 8.1kg!:eek:

Jesses moaning and groaning poor pet.. better go get him a cold washer.

yeah, we have a shade sail over the pool, but it's just so hot here today. I've had to set the a/c to 22 degrees inside.

maz - if you're interested in the CSIRO diet, I have the new book which I bought but never bothered doing it, which you can have.

hope the dr can help you out rach sorry my test didnt go so well for u. it might need to go it the next step. good luck

thanks maz.

it soooo hot here 40.8 at 3.30 its getting hot as the day ends. ahhhh help me

akira screaming

bbl

adele

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast