Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #23

Nelle - I've bought stuff from PP online, they are wonderful but just watch the pants... I find them a bit difficult to get over a clothie bum. By the time the waist fits, the legs are too long.

Belle - Was great chatting to you today, please don't feel upset if I miss you in a post... I do my best to phone you and catch up with you that way instead.

Ambz - Your place sounds like a zoo! What sort of fish do you keep? I used to breed and sell Tanganyikan & Malawi Cichlids to the local aquarium store. But you probably have something cool like a Saratoga!

Jodi - Big hugs to you matey, I hope that burn isn't too serious. Goes to show what happens when one gets too damn sleep deprived. I reckon Xanders' troubles are a bit behavioural as well - I'm certainly no longer coming to his every beck-and-call anymore as it is just too much (tho I'm no meany either ) Since he's been having the dummy he now goes about 3 or so hours between feeds... this is a first for us, as since birth he has been 1.5 to 2 hourly.

Rikki - I've already started your cake topper! It is different to the one on Xanders' cake, so I hope you like it. Owwiiiieeee to the fingernail - did it bruise?

Caddie - You sh*t stirrer you! I too had to read your post a couple of times.

Maz - Nah, no dinner together tonight but only 'cos we went late night shopping instead. Will try tomorrow night.

Question for those with bubs on solids... I've just bought the bellemy's organic cereal and it said not to feed under 6 months, is this just a guideline or do I take it seriously and stick to the 4 month farex (which contains vegetable oil for some reason). Sorry, I probably sounds paranoid to all of you!

Anyway, better get back to cake topper making then off to bed for me. Big hellos to those I missed.

hey girls,

its so sticky here tonight that im having trouble staying cool. it has been raining most of the afternoon but nothing heavy just been light rain.

maz- no word on the car yet but i do know i get it back on the 29th of this month. i cant wait cause then i can go out again.

nelle - we wont be going till july lol as thats when the movie comes out. we are harry potter fans lol.

anna-
    the bellemy's organic cereal and it said not to feed under 6 months,
    i say its just a guide line just make it really runny for the frist month and slow make it thicker . he might be right with it as he is 5mth anyway

well im off to try and get some sleep. as i have finished folding all the washing for now.

later

Adele

p.s hope everyone has a good night and all the babies that have been playing up behave just for one night so mummy can get some rest or they can get nasty lol
    Last edited by aboll; January 18th, 2007 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Adele... will try him on that instead as I don't like the idea of the added vegie oil in the farex.

OK babies... time for you all to sleep!

Night all.

morning girls

well belle, i didnt actually go to those beaches, since i live in lemon tree they are about 40 minutes away, but i must admit shoal bay is beautiful isnt it, but i dont even attempt to go over that side of the bay in school holidays as it is so fullon with holiday makers, so i usually just walk along the water everyday with the dog and caitlyn, i can actually follow it all around and its about 1 hour walk there and back, it sure beats walking up through th streets thats for sure, and we are one house from the water, so as craig says we live in paradise..hehehe. ill have to catch up with you on msn, and organise a day/time to meet up in feb, my msn is always on but more often than not im never on the pc, the damn kids beat mer too it! well you look after yourself and give julia a big kiss for me.

well caity has just woken so i better cut it short sorry girls BBL if i have time..........counting down the days SCHOOL BACK IN 12 DAYS, and my eldest daughter turns 14 in 19 days, that is so scary.

Good mornin good loookins..

Maz.. lmao.. you crack me up.. granny jocks rock! Im sooo gonna try and do some scrapping today... withdrawals are getting worse!

Ambz.. sounds like you had fun on your outing! What a cute picture in your ticker!! We have a 4 foot tank i think but its still at the inlaws.. but DH has 2 little geckos in a small one here.. their names are Gavin and Dimity. Our friends are getting some snakes.. ehh i dont know how you do it.. snakes and spiders scare the ba-jeebers outta me. If DH wanted to get any of those theyd have to live outside.. as knowing my luck id wake up one morning while hes at work and the tanks would be empty!

Nelle.. no i havent but might have a look, always up for a good bargin. Btw Target has a 20% off sale atm.

Jodi.. i hope the settling method works for Nina.. poor things. Do you have any mail yet?

Well Jess seems back to his self, hopefully, after a few days of mischief. Was a stinker here too last night. I woke to him screaming out this morning again half over in his cot.. silly boy. He's rolling like crazy.. he rolls then gets has a little winge cos hes stuck on his tummy, so i roll him back and he has another winge cos i rolled him back.. then he rolls over again and repeats the above.. He did a 180 last night on the floor on his tummy. What age do they start to crawl?

Anyways... tis gonna be another stinker today.. keep cool chicks.

Hey girls.. have a question for you..

Jesse was a bit constipated on Tuesday so i gave him some brown sugar and water.. well now last night and this morning he has had a bit of diarrhea. Do you think it could be just because of sugar water or could it be something to do with his needles? Im probably just being paranoid about the immunisation but yeh..

Tanx

xx

NEWS FLASH: I HAVE A NEW BABY!

We decided to take the approach that is she wakes up unsettled, whinging, but not crying, then we'd leave it for 2 or 3 minutes, then go in, don't pick her up and try to re-settle her. She was down at her usual 6.30, then at 9 she woke up unsettled, I put her on her tummy, patted her bum and she went back to sleep ... till 12.30! Then I fed her and she went back to sleep till 3.30! I tried to re-settle her but she was hungry so I fed her. She woke at 4am, but resettled HERSELF! Then woke up at 6.20!
    How's that, only 2 feeds during the night and 2 re-settling's on my behalf. And she is soooo happy this morning.
    I also came across a website last night with heaps of facts about babies and their behaviour, sleep, play time etc which I printed some stuff off and Heath and I read through. Another website also had a routine layout for 3-6 month olds which I'm gonna give a go. I already do most of it, but just a couple of changes.
    I feel so good having a decent night sleep.

anna** - you can make your own rice cereal if you like. Have you got BabyLove book, it's in there. That's great that the booby monster is going longer between feeds, giving you a good break then. How'd he go last night?

nelle - 30 seconds does seem like forever doesn't it! I kept pacing around saying to Heath is it time yet, and he'd be like, no not yet, it's ok just another minute!

kel - nope no mail yet. I'm not surprised though, we seem to have a delay with getting mail up here. I'll let you know when it's arrived. Did you get the $$$ ? Generally, bubs start trying to crawl around 6 months, but this varies with every baby. I was crawling at 5 months. Nina isn't interested in crawling, the dr said yesterday that she has so much strength standing (she stood up unaided for 15 seconds for her) she might not crawl and just walk, which is what Heath did.

ambz - good to hear Savanna's needles didn't affect her and that she had such a good time out and about yesterday. It makes it so much easier when they behave while you're out doesn't it.

Thanks Sharleen.. will keep an eye on him and try and get him to have some water on its own. Poor bugger. He still seems happy enough at least.

Jodi.. yes, the moneys in my account, thanks. Hopefully they arrive today as i posted them Monday.. i guess being im out west of Sydney and youre in Cairns it may take a few days.. but hopefully today and then lil miss can be nice and cool this weekend.
    Thats so great she had a better night! Hopefully things just look up from now on

Ohh i forgot to say.. DH and i sucessfully DTD for the first time last night since Jesse was born! I know, you may not want to know.. but im so proud.. i felt like id never be able to again! We tried once before and failed as it hurt way too much.. but this time success! It hurt a little at first but wasnt too bad in the end! WOO! DH has been so patient.. 4 months! Woah! But yay!:biggrin:
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 19th, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

Good on you Jodi for getting Nina to settle.
    Nelle - i have to have the sunrise berryplush now. I had Vy's on her last night and it was wonderful. im inlove with them
    Anna - oh I think I might be changing my farex to theorganic now to, god im hopless, I didnt even realise that their was vegetable oil in it.
    bbl have to change a $hitty arse

Morning all,
    Kellxx- Yay on DTD! We've attempted once and was a failure. Too painful, BFing has made me very dry.

Jodi- Yay on Nina sleeping well. Ash slept well too last night, shes gonna make me look like a liar! Theres up to 4 week wait on sleep school so hopefully I won't need it by then. I don't know if she slept well cause drowsy from immunisations? Anyways its more her day sleep thats probs so we shall see.

Nelle- Ooh I'll have to check out punpkin patch online. have fun at weekend away.

ambz- Oh my god Ambz. I will never ever come to your place with a bird eating spider there. I'm scared of daddy long legs spiders. Oh its making my skin crawl thinking about it. Do you ever get paranoid bout it escaping?

Ash mustn't have had much boobie juice yesterday cause last night she didn't wake til 3 and I was soooo full. usually I can guess the time overnight by the fullness of my breasts but this was bad, I was hanging for her to wake cause I was in pain! Had to milk one side when she finally fed. I was annoyed I hadn't sterilised a bottle and pump could have expressed to practice with her sippy cup. They're still fullish now, gonna have to force milk down her throat! Its prolly cause of immunisations yesterday.

Shellbell.. i think also cos i was nervous as hell first attempt and this one is why it hurt so much at first.. but this time we bought our first bottle of lube and basically drenched DH in it lol.. so that made a HUGE difference. I was worried that theyd sewn me up too far or something as he didnt even make it in an inch last time. I say, lots of lube is the way to go. Give it a try if youre up to it.

kel - YAY on DTD! We've been naughty and been DTD since Nina was 3 weeks old, without protection!! Hopefully bf is keeping me from falling pregnant.

shell - It is possible she's a little drowsy and off from the needles. Did she get any panadol yesterday? How's this for a little angel, Nina went down WITHOUT A FUSS at 7.40 for a sleep. I feel like I have a new baby.

We've decided to get Nina into daycare 2 days per week now, so she gets a break from me. I have to organise to buy/hire an electric breast pump as the manuals doesn't do the job. I think she'll benefit from going, whadda reckon?

ETA: Kel you crap me up woman!

Wow you guys can talk!!!

Great that your all doing sooooo well!

Kiara got her ears pierced yesterday!!! She was soooo brave only sooked for 30 seconds if that!!! I have to take some pics still!

Sorry no persoanals again... Little miss wis waking up.... again!!!

Jodi - Ive been thinking the same think about daycare but for half days 3 times a week so I can manage to get some housework done and go to the gym to get rid of this flabby belly before #2 decided to move in! Anyone know if you can do half days?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel l................................................. ......................

AF still hasnt shown and Im CD31 :eek: Secretly Im getting a tad bit excited now that I might just get a Ive never made it to CD31 without atleast some major signs of AF. I have NOTHING.

anna - things are looking good for you!!!! Have u done another test lately? Dunno about the half days??

Oh AnnaT, here's hoping hey!!

Yay for Nina Jodi!! haha told you it feels like forever! We're of the opinion that a bit of a cry tires them out - if they're already tired that is, with their burping, nappy and feeding needs met. So every time we let him cry, he uses up a bit more energy. It's not for everyone I guess, but it's what works for us - us holding him or whatever makes him overtired, cos he tries to keep his eyes open to see us.

Maz...I ordered the Rainforest BerryPlush...:biggrin: can't wait to get it! And I took the plunge and ordered a fleece cover as well (and some other things). Hey have you been to Theresa's store yet?
    Okay, so there's Maz and Anna - who else uses cloth nappies? Are you still Caddie?

Wow on the ears pierced Mel! If I have a girl, I'm going to wait til they're older, so I have some bribing leverage - wash mummy's car and you can get your ears pierced. Something like that.

Yay on dtd Kell! And lol at Jesse's rolling, River's too busy chewing his fists to bother about any of that!!

Shell, my midwife told me not to worry too much about sterilising expressers because Breastmilk has antibodies and whatever. She said I'd need to sterilise for formula til River was older though. I know lots of people say hot soapy water is enough!

Ohh I can hear River's woken up enough (and chewing on his fists by the sound of it!). Better get cracking. Have a noice day everyone!! xo

good idea girls about day care so you can get a break.
    Nelle -oh rainforest thats a beautiful colour...oh I have to sell some stuff on ebay before i buy any more although a unrise is beakoning me. I went to thereseas store and bought (opsie) some wipes and a wipe bag. Must pull my finger out and start doing my own.
    Mel - how brave of you - I dont think I can get Vy's ears done yet, I might let her make that choice herself later, I cant stand hearing her cry in pain.
    Kell - PMSL at lub job. HAhahahah, we have the same problem and i had a c/s. My BIL thinks that your not sore or anything down their after a c/s cause nothing came out. hmmm
    Belle - you having a better day today hon?
    CAddie - how did last night go matie? Did you do the hockie pokey? lol
    going to spotlight soon to get some material to make acurtain around nikolaus bunk. Yay so i'll be sewing
    BBL
    xxmaz

Jodi.. i reckon day care is always benefits for the interaction with other kids and the separation factor. We'll be thinking of putting Jess in once #2 comes along for the same thing and also to give me some time with the new little one.

Mel.. aww i cant wait to see Kiara's bling blings!

AnnaT.. GO ANNA GO ANNA GOO GOO GO ANNNA!!!! Are you gonna do a test? Ok.. call me blonde, cos i am, but whats the CD thingy mean?

Maz.. Yep, lube it up! I told DH yesterday that when we try for number 2 he may just have to aim and shoot from outside lol.. he said um i dont think that will work somehow. Even though you had a c/s theres still things going on in there that would make you sensitive. So yeh GO LUBE. I should be a lube promoter i think!
    Ohh i envy you to be able to sew!

Btw Nelle.. i love River's name! We were gonna call Jesse Jude but being our surname is Knott, we wanted something with more than once syllable so it didnt sound too short.

Well im gonna go break out some scrappin while Jess is snoozing..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast