Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #29

LP.. The pies were delish! If anyone wants the receipe let me know. Hmm maybe i could make up a whole batch and ship them across the country! Haha @ Alexander and his cage! Jess puts his feet on the side of his cot and uses it to swivel himself around in circles. I went in yesterday and he was asleep sideways with his legs sticking out the bars.. was so cute.

Nessa.. glad your trip to the doc went well.. hopefully things all pick up from now on.. and youre not a crap mum at all, EVER! Like i said yesterday, you have 2 gorgeous girls who always look to be having a ball in their photos, so you must be doing something right

Shellbell.. hope everything goes well with the FIL, as well as it can anyways. With Ash, is she having any formula at all? Have you tried giving her that of a night to maybe help her last a little longer? Yeh dont know what was up with him.. was like he had a caffeine hit or something. Maybe yeh hes just at the clingy stage of teething but he didnt seem to have any discomfort, was just wide awake.. quite strange. Hope we dont repeat this episode tonight though. Am def gonna have to have a nap during his long day sleep today or when hubby gets home.

Is anyone doing anything for Valentines Day? Gonna have to run out this arvy and get Gray some chockies.. i buy him a box of Roses every year. Gotta think of an excuse to go to the shops when he gets home though.. maybe i need some more scrapbooking glue?

anna** - yep, I reckon the growth spurt has kicked in! She was a little rat-bag last night. Went to sleep no problems at 6, but then from 9.30 woke up unsettled, didn't get her back to sleep till 10.30, then woke at 12.30 & 3.30 for feeds. She's also screaming while still asleep, I think she's having nightmares. I'm so tired today Heath is staying home to help. Even though I only got up to her 3 times, every time she'd scream in her sleep I'd wake up and have to then get back to sleep. This happened about 5 times.
    Also with giving formula at night, when I did it a couple of months ago it never affected my supply. Think of it like this: if he slept through the night you wouldn't be feeding, so your body thinks that's what's happening. The first couple of nights you will be full, but it'll get better.

nessa - congrats on taking that first step and getting medication. You'll be on the mend before you know it.

hi girls,
    nessa - good on you for making the dr understand how you are feeling. hope the meds work for you.
    kell - those pies sure sounded yumm... i've never attempted home made pies.
    anna - no, she did not sleep well after her sleep grrrr. i finally got her down at nearly 10pm .... and she was awake at 6.15 this morning! She is lying playing with her toys at the moment.
    helen - ainsleigh is not rolling yet either... and she was the first sept bub... so don't worry too much. i am going to physio today about her foot, so if i get any tips for encouraging rolling i'll let you know. problem is she is not motivated to try and get a toy... although she has tried to roll over to get to the dog before
    shell - thinking of you and your family as FIL goes through these tests
    LP - hope Olivia has a good first day at her new school. won't be long til she does not even remember the other school.

well girls, best dash. DH home today woohoo so best go and clean up a tad and make our bed at least. off to see a friend who is 8 months pg this morning, then physio for the princess.

have a good day everyone

rikki- Enjoy your time with DH, I don't know how you do it all those times alone. Do you think Dh will change jobs and do something so he can stay at home? It's nice that you'll get to spend V.day together.

Jodi- Thats odd bout the screaming. You prolly wake with such a fright! I always wonder what babies have nightmares about? Maybe its a nightmare of a booby with no milk!

Kellxx- Hopefully jesse won't have a repeat tonight. Been trying Ash with formula in the evenings but cause she still hasn't quite got hang of drinking from a bottle or cup I don't get much into her, prolly only get in 20mls, thats an improvement from the nothing we used to get in.

I am having such a slack day, just been sitting on this computer, can't be bothered doing any housework, just trying to ignore the mess.

OH no Rikki... cheeky little bubba staying up late and then waking early! Hope the physio goes well today.

Nessa - I haven't heard of that one, but I do agree with the Dr that it was very irresponsible for the other Doc to dismiss you like that. A chem pregnancy is when the sperm and egg meet and start to divide etc; but never implant into the uterine wall.

Jodi - I might see how Xander goes these next few nights and if I'm getting too run down I might start doing a formula top up at night. I hope you manage to get some rest with Heath being home today - I know I felt a million bucks after Scott did that last week for me.

Kellxx - I'd forgotten about V day too... I'll do my man a roast, that'll make him happy.

Shell - Have you thought about making Ash's bedtime earlier? I really wish I knew of something to suggest that might help you get some sleep!

I'm of to get my little monkey weighed this morning - I still don't think he has hit 8kgs yet and I though he would've been there weeks ago! It's like he has just decided he has had enough of growing and really slowed down.

Hello...good thanks...

Hi Maz!

Anna - I have to thank you for that soaker pattern you emailed me ages ago. Started it last night and it looks yummy. Cant wait to see how much weight Xander has put on. AND im glad to hear your feeling better.
    Nesse - thank god you got a second opinion. OH Big W have baby sleeping bags on slae, their the bonds brand ones.
    Rikki - have a wonderful time with DH home. OH your going to have the best Valentines day.
    Jodie - we've hit a growth as well. Vy woke twice last night but I made Jed get up to her. heheheh
    Chrissy - I hope that your bleed is just ant implantation bleed. Big skloppy hugs for ya honey.
    Shell - hope your better today matie.
    Hello everyone else, sorry for being a slack tart but Vy's down and the boys are at school. Have to do the house work and feel like doing it like a hole in the head.
    BBL

Ugh little monster woke up at 6:15 this morning and I left him awake in his cot at 6:30. I remember waking at 7 when Dhs alarm went off and him being quiet. Dh said he was sacked out up the opposite end of the cot to where we sleep him lol He wont stop crawling even in his sleep! He slept til almost 10am so Im a happy camper and so is he.
    Now he has crawled himself over to his light and sounds playtable and has figured out how to work all the things that make sounds and light up. He is sideways on his back with it tucked up beside him so he can use one hand to touch things He keeps rolling the little ball thingy so it says the ABCs.

Off to buy some PJs for him seeing as he has suddenly taken a dislike to his sheets. I wake up and find him cold as ice most nights, its stinking hot during the day but cools alot during the night.

Im going to have to buy him more 0's in normal clothes to I think.............none of his 00's fit well anymore

Alright Kell, enough talk of these pies - I want a recipe now!! Cough it up mate.

Man Jodi, that sounds like a rough night. Glad Heath is home today for you. On the bright side, I was thinking, that if your next baby is more settled you'll appreciate it heaps - people tell me I'm taking River's placidity for granted and I won't know what hit me with the next one...uh oh...

As for the girls who don't have rolling bubs, well River rolls, but he just tries to eat his playrug and then wails when it won't ALL fit in his mouth. So I think he'd tell you that rolling really ain't all that.

Oh man Chrissy what a rollercoaster ride! Hope you can get some answers and some closure at the dr's and then powerwalk or jog or cardio your way in the next direction, you fitness freak you!

And Ness that's great that the dr you saw last night listened to you! All the best with your recovery.
    Owww nuts my cereal's going soggy. xo

AnnaT - You must take a photo of little Jett crawling!!! It must be so cute.

Ok.. lil tiger is asleep so some me time. Cant be stuffed cleaning today, tis gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

Ok Pie Receipe...

Lamb and Mashed Potato Pie
    3 Tablespoons olive oil
    1kg diced lamb
    1 brown onion chopped
    2 garlic cloves crushed (i use the jar stuff)
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 cup red wine
    2 cups chicken stock
    1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves (i have those jar dried ones)
    1 kg potatoes
    80g butter
    1/2 cup milk
    sea salt and cracked black pepper
    3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese

Ok.. for DH and me, i just halve all the ingredients.. and the servings are still huge! I can never finish mine (potato make sit filling too).

Heat a large saucepan over high heat. (i use a deepish frypan that has a lid) Add half the oil and cook the lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes or until browned. (depending how big your saucepan is i just bung the lot in). Set aside.

Add the remaining oil, onion and garlic to the saucepan and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is softened. Return the lamb to the saucepan, add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the wine, stock and rosemary and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the lid and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is tender. (i usually slightly break up the lamb piece with a wooden spoon so theres some small lamb bits too). Set aside.

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer. Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the butter, milk, salt and pepper and mash until smooth. Set aside. (i usually do this while the meat is still cooking to save time).

Divide the lamb mixture between four 1&1/2 cup capacity ovenproof dishes. Top with the mashed potato and parmesan and cook under preheated hot grill for 3-5 minutes or until the top is golden. Makes 4.

Have a super nice sweet and sour chicken reciepe too that we're gonna have tonight.. actually found it in a baby mag! .. will give that to y'all in the next issue.

AnnaT.. oh yes.. wanna set Jett crawling!

somebody shoot me

AF here, have the most horrible sore throat, nose is snuffly, throat is flemmy, cough hurts

Jack is miserable

so please shoot me

ok enough winging I just feel bloody awful today

We can shoot each other rach, I've had crap last hour and half trying to settle Ashleigh, she was at worst today. i dunno what was wrong, she screamed in the cot, in the bouncer, in my arms, finally she settled on the booby but everytime I took it out her mouth she'd wake and start wailing again! At the moment she's in the pram, quiet but awake with these tired eyes, yawning her head off. Maybe she'll fall asleep on the walk to mothers group. I tell you bring on sleep school, still another 2 weeks away, I have appt with the Dr first that runs it.
    Better see if I can go get ready without the screaming starting, hope she doesn't do it at mothers group!

Aww poor mums. Silly little bubbas!

Have a question for y'all re solids. After you gave bubs the rice cereal (which Jess is now chowing down), what did you give them next? Fruit or veges? Was talking to my friend today who said she gave veges as she read giving them fruit will develope a sweet tooth and then when you introduce veges they wont take to it as it will be a bland taste and theyll just want the fruit. Which makes sense. But was then talking to mum who said they were always told to give apple or pear with rice cereal to start and then veges a month later (thats what was written in her health book she had for me). So yeh.. what do introduce next?

MAZ! I havnt forgotten you!! If youd read my last post i think i asked you for some help re:scrapbooking? And the teacup arrived but i have to get from the post office and i have a killer of a headache and need to take panadiene forte.
    Ruby has only rolled twice so i wouldnt say shes an expert yet!!!
    Hope all you girls that feel sick get better.
    Nessa my dr told me to get out and about and put millana in daycare before he gave me tablets.He didnt want to give me tablets.I have to see him in a month if i felt the same.
    Belle,helen,merrie! hello.
    Chrissy,hope your okay honey!
    Rikki,we will meet up then after hubby goes back to work.I cant remember where anna lives but im busy the next 2 weeks anyway.
    okay,must have a lie down.BBL

dont worry girls im AOK,thats # 7 m/c now, YOU GET THAT AY MY AGE, it was for the best and i feel great now, craig was asking me this morning for another one now..not sure if i could put myself through all the TTC sh*t

off to the docs tomorrow for CONTRACEPTION........

yes i took myself to the gym to relieve the last couple of days stress, and did i sweat it was dripping off me

Nessa.. i so want some of that cake! What flavour do you make them.. mmmmm cake.

Maz.. how you doin chickadee... bet its nice just having Vy to yourself with the boys back at school.

Sharleen.. thanks for the info. Yeh i think ill start with the veges.. might move the rice cereal to being his breakfast feed and have the veges for dinner come this weekend. Just popped up to coles and got a few Heinz veges to try. Once he gets use to them then ill make my own.

I can feel a headache coming on..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast