Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #32

Default Babies Born September 2006 #32

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hellooo girls! Well I'm another shocker, I tend to just reply to the people who have posted above me. Or get halfway through and then have to go.

Speaking of which, Rans said if I don't go to bed now he's gonna get mad. Fair enough, we've just come back from an engagement party and we're tired. But I'm so glad you said something Adele, cos then we can clarify that we love you even though you haven't got replies. It would have been awful if you hadn't said anything and just drifted off!
    I guess I can see why we were the last 'full month' group and now they split the month groups in half!

Okay...well better go wash this make up off and get to bed! Night girls, hope all your babies are sleeping well.

hi girls,
    it is very difficult to keep up with so many in this group. i know that i always try to do some personals, but find it hard to do alot. i also feel that i only ever get responses from the same few people, but that's ok as i know how difficult it is to remember what people say.... also i don't have time to post several times a day, so hard to keep up.

that said, i can't remember what people said in the last thread! yay jesse on playing peek a boo!

well i am up at 4.30am... not because of ainsleigh, but because i can't sleep. i am such a light sleeper and so when dh comes to bed two hours after me, i toss and turn for the rest of the night as i have already been in a deep sleep. grrrr. and while we are on the dh grrrr.... i asked him if he wanted me to write down the routine yesterday and he was 'no. i know what to do' so of course i got home and she had had an extra bottle, and no solids. oh well. suppose she won't die :P

we went out last night to a rock and roll night at the golf club (walking distance so we could both have a few drinks) ainsleigh dropped her bottom lip and screamed when we got there as it was so noisy, but after a short time settled then went off to sleep in her pram for the night. everyone was telling us what a perfect baby we have

well girls, might try and get some more sleep before the princess awakes. we are off out for breakfast in the morning to celebrate valentines day and the anniversary of our meeting...awwwww
    Last edited by rikki; February 25th, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

belle/kell.........monday 12th is fine by me, but i would prefer wenes 14th ( as thats family payment day, and i actually will have money, we live week to week on a pretty tight budget), but what ever day is fine girls, oh and since you mentioned Hornsby kell, that is so much easier for me, as i just have to get of the freeway at Berowra, and it will only take me 2 hours to get there, where as castle hill will take me longer with all that horrible sydney traffic....belle do you know the westfeild at hornsby well? like where we can meet?......anyway let me know and i will do whatever.......

I will put my hand up for slack ars poster i do find it hard to keep up, and often i get no replys........but hey thats life........i think everyone is in the same boat with getting lost with everyone who is on this thread..........i think we must have some sort of record but already up to 32 threads for bubs born in sept06........god imagine us on the phone

i won a digital camera last night on ebay for $135 its $450 new, so now i can really concentrate on getting good pics for the photo comp......by the way i entered you cant miss mine with all the 6 kids of mine....but the pictures are outstanding i dont have a hope in hell winning that, i just endered cause i had that pic with all the kids in the water.

anyway better go have a great sunday girls.........now im gonna do my best to remember you all

riki, caddie, maz, adele, nessa, boo boo, anna, annat, littlep, belle, kell, nelle, shell, sharleen, rach, merrie, jodi, chrissyt(if your lurking),helen,ambz .......god i hope i havent forgot anyone
    Last edited by Cougar; February 25th, 2007 at 02:42 PM.

Chrissy/Belle.. yeh i go to Hornsby alot.. my friend lives there so i probably prefer Hornsby myself.. plus its still a long way for you to come too so yeh Hornsby is good by me. I get lost in Castle Towers. Would you be better going to Wahroongah, turning right when you get off the freeway and go to Hornsby that way? Rather than going through all the lights and stuff through Berowra? But yeh let us know what you think Belle.. its probably the same distance as Castle Hill from Chatswood? Weds 14th is fine be me also. Oh cool new camera!!

Rikki.. oh i wish i couldnt sleep.. i could sleep right now in front of the computer if i closed my eyes long enough. Aww hope you have a lovely breaky!

Well have to go to the church for an info thing on Jesse's Christening today. Not a usual church goer myself so hope i have something decent to wear!

Hope ya'll have a lovely day.

xx

Well I had a great night sleep. Nina woke up at 2am (cause Heath's phone went off and woke us all up) and at 4am (cause the rain got really heavy and woke us all up). I had some EBM which I gave her both times and that worked, it's so much easier to do that rather than feed her myself. Then she didn't wake till 7am. I think our flus are going away too. I haven't heard her sniffle yet and I'm not either.

chrissy - YAY on winning the camera on Ebay. We bought our camera off the net 2 years ago and got it heaps cheaper too than in the stores.

rikki - I too am a very light sleeper and it takes me about 1.5-2 hours to get to sleep at night if there's even the slightest bit of noise around. Can't believe Ainsleigh slept through that! What a good girl! Nina would be too interested in what's going on around her lol

I just realised that you don't have to post to subscribe to the thread ... has that always been like that? That was the first time I'd read the mods post up the top ???

Well I gotta feed Nina now before I burst. Have a great day everyone!

Rikki,what day did u suggest as i forgot.It was fine by me to meet that day but just forgot what wednesday.Thanks.

Morning all,
    I'm sorry to hear some people are being ignored, its hard to reply to everyone and some days I'm just about me. But I know I don't always get replys either and I jnow its hard cause our group is so big and sometimes its hard to get the time.

Anyways I'm already going back to me cause poor little Ash has a urine infection. She's on Anti-biotics now. Yesterday arvo her temp went to 38.3 so i thought I'd pop down emergency cause Drs were shut by then, it was 39 in there. I spent 5 hours there though trying to get wee! We got seen straight away but waited an hour for her to wee then waited another half hour for Dr to finish with soemone else and test it then she said it had stuff in it and needed a clean specimen as that one would have been contaminated by the bag. Thats when the drama started, it was a nightmare to get this wee! They were gonna stick a needle into her bladder for it but they needed 20mls and everytime they scanned her bladder shed have 5-10 mls only and then wee them out and we kept trying to catch in a pot but kept missing! They want us to get renal u/s mon/ tues just to make sure her kidneys are okay.

Df wasn't there to support us, thats a whole other story he has ****ed me off. He kept telling me I was over reacting and so and so said to wait. I said he should've trusted a mothers instincts and its better to be safe than sorry when a 5 month old has had an ongoing temp all night and day! I think it was more because it wasn't convenient for him with her being sick cause it cut into his one night of getting drunk!

God i can talk. Shes much better this morning thankfully was unsettled til 2am but then slept thru til 7am.

Jodi- if Nina is happy taking the EBM at night wakings maybe you could slowly cut down the amount til she stops waking for feeds?

Kell- God you've reminded me i still have to organise Ashleigh's christening, she'll prolly be 10 before i get around to it.

chrissy- I love e-bay when I get great bargains like that. The photo comp on here is so good it scares me. I'm just not creative enough to think how to get a good shot.

rikki- Ainsleigh is a good bub! I know if i took Ashleigh out there would be no way she would just go off to sleep!

Belle- I can't believe how rude that cane lady is. I find that sometimes they think cause they are old an disabled they can do and say what they want.

Poor Ash is getting grizzly again. She must be so tired having not slept well last couple nights.

shell - you poor thing! and poor Ashleigh. How's she feeling this morning, is her temp down? Did the dr's say how or what would have caused it? Is it common for a baby to get UTI? As you can see, I know nothing!!
    With the EBM, that's exactly my plan! I've started with 50ml each feed and I'm slowly going to reduce it. I reckon over a couple of weeks I can make it work. Well cross your fingers for me anyway!

Nessa.. Aww poor lil pumpkin.. can you get Vicks or eucalyptus for babies? might help clear her nose if you can.

Shell... oh poor lil Ash.. i hope the anit-biotics help her.. i know how painful and uncomfortable having a UTI is myself. Good on you for going on your instincts too.. they hardly ever lie when youre a mumma.

Jodi.. Jesse wakes up at 5.30am now cos DH gets up for work around that time.. even on his day off i think its a routine now.. very annoying those disturbances.

Going to see the inlaws after we go to the church today.. has been a few weeks so hopefully Jesse is better with them, for FIL's sake anyways.

Nessa you can get babies sleep balsam by vicks.Works a treat if you put on chest and feet!!!

Ah your all self absorbed [email protected]!!!!! hahahahahah PMSL
    Sorry in one of my stupid moods again.
    I forget people with out trying, so im sorry if i have ever forgotten you. In saying that, I hate answering every single post that goes up, I dont want people to think I do nothing but sit on this thing and forget my kids. I love you all and I wish I could give you all a group hug.
    Bel - hope th enight settled down for you. Hit DH on head with frying pan, it works a treat. PMSL
    Kell - im almost finished my blue page - no flowers on this one but more sewing, iv become a bit fasinated with the whole sewing on layouts thing.
    Caddie - you now that wonderful little treaure box you sent me last week, I had the best time last night going through it. There were things in it eg chatterbox wooden tags, that i needed and cant get here any more. MAUW to you babe! Its coming back your way filled up again with little odments for you. Hope you find them usefull.
    Anna - Ive now knitted 2 of those soakers. My MIL couldn't get over them. Might have to get you to make a cake topper and get you to send it over my way (would that work?) for VY's birthday.
    Nelle - I cant get that bloody bag out of my head..did rikki say there was a pink version?
    Rikki- how iks that gorgeous little darling of yours, when ever I see her pick I could just eat her. I think she is absolutely gorgeous.
    AnnaT - are you and DH still gonna try soon for number2? we should meet up seeing we live sort of close.
    Shell - post bag Ash to me for a week so you can have a rest
    Jodi -good idea for the night feeds, i should do that with Vy.
    Chrissy - what a bargain buy with the camera.Cant wait to see some of your pics in the photo comp. I just sold my old over locker for $60 on ebay, I only paid $30 for it so im pretty happy.
    Sharleen - how have you been babe? Hope all is well. Thinking of you?
    Helen - hi ya chick - hows Eithan going? How are you going? great to hear from you.
    Adele - happy thoughts? killed that annoying friend yet? PMSL
    Nesse - are you sure Annika has a cold or is it her teeth? Vy was the same last week. Poor sausage Annika - Vy sends her a hug
    Laurin - will you move back to australia again down the track?
    Little p_ were you at gf? Hop eeverything is ok your neck of the woods
    Hello to any Lerkers...I saw you in the nappy forum Chrissyt, hop eyour doing well and that Paige is great.
    Has any one heard from Merrie? Did she give anyone her mobile?
    ok my turn to be self absorbed biartch. Vy's had bad nappy rash last 2 days. Put my finger in her mouth (as we all do) and she's finally gotten a tooth and a weird one at that. its the tooth between the eye tooth and the front tooth, right hand side up the top. First of my kids to get a top tooth first. WEIRD!
    Should go and put on my roast pork and vegies..hm roast pumkin.
    later chickies
    ps HOPE I DIDNT MISS ANYONE...sorry

OMG MAZ what an enormous post! How ru and the Elephant today?

Chrissy and Kell - Hornsby Westfield would be great, 12th is good for me! thats where I went on Friday and got abused by the lady with the cane LOL the parking is great there in the Albert St Carpark heaps of parents with prams spots on the bottom level as you drive in.. I know it pretty well... If we park in the same carpark the Albert Street one which incidentially you enter off Edgeworth David drive which is a right hand turn for me off Pac Hwy from Chatswood or left for you Chrissy coming from the F3 and its the first carpark entry... we can meet outside Aldi if you like thats near the carpark either on the same floor or up one I cant remember.. but quite close and easy to get to with prams.

Jodi/Shell - thanks for asking how the sessions are going for me. The counselling session on Thursday was good it has helped my DH and I communicate better.. already an improvement thank god!

Caddie - looked at your website and the pic of you and Ruby so cute!

Hello to everyone sorry for no more personals but Julia is now awake must go and feed the bubba! BBL for more personals.

Oh ETA - did everyone get the Rota Virus vaccine? we havent and still umming and ahhhing about it...

Bel
    xxx

ok I would have to be the worst lurker/poster by the time I get thru the 4 other forums I belong to I forget to post here or Jack is ready for a feed or bath ior play

Oh ETA - did everyone get the Rota Virus vaccine? we havent and still umming and ahhhing about it...

Belle I didn't get even though my MIL and SIL told me I was stupid for having a opinion on it, I read up a lot and it doesn't stop the kids getting it just may reduce the severity, also one side effect is a case of it *go figure* also when it was first released in the US in 2001 there was a lot of contraversy and the side effects were pretty bad, I dont mean to sprout of but I wouldn't get it, and I thought they had to have first part of vacine before 12 weeks then at 4 months and again at 6 months ???

anyway thats how I feel

well my little man if ya go by the day of the month is 5 months today *OMG* where did those months go

so much new this month it is unbeleivabel how much in leaps and bound Jack is doing

what is new
    1. laughing
    2. baths in big bath twice a day
    3. weighs 8.1kg as of last tuesday
    4. plays with toys finally
    5. scoots aroudn the floors goes much further when on back rather than tummy
    6. mimics our sounds loves to growl at me
    7. waves, well sought of he has taken to flaying one arm if you say wave bye to dad etc LOL
    8. rolls finally he rolled once tummy-back a few weeks back, but nothing after that, on tuesday he rolled twice woo, wed did it again twice, he is also so close back-tummy I reckon if you were to breath on him heavy he would go the whole way that is how close he gets LOL, of and he rolled tummy-back thursday he isn't doing it all the time but enough for us LOL this morning he went back for a nap and we heard a thump thru monitor he had rolled and banged right into the side of crib LOL
    9. and the biggest yet *wait for it* we have a tooth WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! bottom left front one, he was a bit off not himself the last few days and OMG #2 were horrible, well ywednesday arvie he was a bit sooky so I let him suck my finger and went WTF!!! had a feel and a look after 5 min of trying he let me look and we have around 3mm of white tooth broken right thru the gum, so looks like he takes after my sisters boys, they would be a bit clingy for a day and wake with a tooth the next, my SIL boy was a horror a month or more of wingy sooky horrible times.

see my posts are all about me LOL

ok best go little man is awake from his nap

HAPPY 5 MONTHS JACK!!

Congrats to all the bubbas who now have teeth coming through!!

rach - I too have noticed since Nina turned 4 months, she's doing so many new things. Just with her being so vocal, moving around a lot more, becoming a lot stronger. They'll be up and walking and talking before we know it!

maz - That's one mega post there Nina's tooth is up the top left, her bottom gums feel as soft as a baby's bum, doesn't seem to be any moving there.
    Hopefully the EBM at night works. Every couple of days I'm going to reduce the amount I give her.

belle - that's great about the councelling session! I'm sure your physchologist has told you how important communication is in a relationship. Hopefully you and DH go from strength to strength now and you can one day put all of this behind you. I'm positive that you will.

caddie - I didn't know about that vicks for babies, I'll have to give that a go too.

Well Nina has sat here for the past 10 minutes screaming her lungs out for no apparent reason, until I turned on some music, now she's sitting there goo-ing and gaa-ing.
    Has anyone else's bub started chucking tantrums? Cause Nina has. Today in Woolies she started to get hungry, and we were almost finished so I gave her the dummy in the hope she'd be ok for another 5 minutes ... but no, she took the dummy out of her mouth, screamed, then threw the dummy on the floor, and screamed again till I fed her!!!! Is she going to be one of those kids that chucks tanties in the middle of the shopping centre cause she didn't get her own way
    Anyway, Nina today went from lying position on her back to sitting up!!! What a clever little chicken!

Heyoo..

Just a quick one as the bath's running..

Belle/Chrissy.. ok so Horn-a-by it is.. um did we want the Wednesday or the Monday? Either is fine by me.. yep can do Aldi.

Ok gotta fly.. we're having smoked chicken and wedges for dinner.. mmmmm..
    Back later for more personals and to have a biartch about the MIL man she continues to drive me insain every time i see her!

hey girls,

thanks to everyone who replied it made me feel a bit better. you girls dont have to worry cause i like to speak my mind when i feel like it lol

maz - nope not yet just like her to much at the moment lol.

nessa- sorry ive been busy with the kids and going to a christening today which was BORING lol. riley has a cold as well so im going to the dr's to have him checked out dont need another hospital stay. wont be at playgroup tomorrow got lots to do.

well im off gotta start tea.

later everyone and hope you all have a good night

Adele

BIG HUGS - riki, caddie, maz, adele, nessa, boo boo, anna, annat, littlep, belle, kell, nelle, shell, sharleen, rach, merrie, jodi, chrissyt(if your lurking),helen,ambz ....... hope i havent forgot anyone lol

ok doing it again LOL

a post about me I finally well sought of have a website with Pics of Jack I havne't title any pics just put them in monthly albums but its a start hey

http://www.jackrobert.zoomshare.com/0.html

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast