Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #38

Default Babies Born September 2006 #38

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Third

but I'll post as well

Jack is definatly or has teeth moving his upper gums 4 teeth are red and swollen poor baby no wonder he is not feeding well

so anyway he has been put in cot as he was rubbing his eyes whether he stays down is another thing

THREE! As in, 3 firm smacks to Chrissy and Nessa for using a post to say First and Second! I'm sure we're not allowed to do that, and besides I get SO excited when I see there's a new post!
    I'm also rather grotty because my freaking nose hasn't had the decency to fall off yet. River was good to me though, down without a fuss, so now that I'm convinced that he's asleep and won't stir, I'm off to have my shower.
    Hugs and kisses to you all (actually, just hugs, I don't want to give you my germies) xo

ETA: Fine Rach, FOUR then! FOUR firm smacks to Chrissy and Nessa (don't blame me girls, it's Rach's fault for posting in 3rd place).

well I spoke to soon didn't work he is now on Jase lap drolling on his arm enjoying the placemat and its textures

Nelle

Just a quickie, for those of you who use a jolly jumper. I saw a jollu jumper mat in bigw the other day. You place it under them and when they jump on it they make it make different noises and it plays different music. I dont know how soft it would be, so I dont know whether you would still have to put something soft under their feet or not.

Love

Im feeling a bit........................................whoozy. Too many vodka's I think lol
    Want to get some lovin time with Dh but his mate is still hanging around.
    If he doesnt hurry up Im going to be asleep

We have a tooth! Its the bottom right (looking into his mouth!) He bit me this arvo and left teeth marks hehehe So glad something is finally happening. I think his top two will not be far away, his gums are so swollen you can see them when he smiles/opens his mouth.

I need to go lie down lol

ETA - Woohoo no spelling mistakes WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .

oh Rach i hope that little jack is behaving himself..

Dh made a yummy beef stir fry for dinner tonight! and i went and bought a tin
    of formula so i can have a few wines..

off to a bday party tomorrow for a girlfriends twins ( 3rd party ) and

annat - must be a night of it, i'm into the vodka's too! first time i've had vodka in 18 months. it's gone too my head so i'm heading to bed now.

No drinkies for me! Just finished some scrapbooking and then off to bed.
    The dr wants me to have a repeat catscan in 8 weeks because they founf some swollen lymph glands in my stomach? Oh well,i will survive! It didnt show anything wrong with my pancreas but he said it probably wouldnt have shown anyway with a mild case but the swollen nodes would have caused pain too.He says im suffering PND but as i refuse to acknowledge i have a problem and downplaying my emotions he will wait until im ready to have it sorted!!! Yeh right.I just have had a couple of rough weeks and with family going away has made it harder to deal with.I know i will be fine with time.
    Not much else,went to playgroup today.Adult conversation.Woo hoo.
    Off to bed.
    Lucky girls that have had a drinky,hope u get lucky!!!

You sound like you've got a good dr Caddie And you have had a rough few weeks, here's hoping it's all upward and onward from here!
    No drinks here either, just me still feeling sorry for myself. I'm quite good at it really.

poor ole nelle... feel better now you have some sympathy!?!?
    jodi, glad you're feeling better re having to give up bf. and just remember, it was HAVE, not your choice. you did brilliantly lasting this long! i know i beat myself up well and truly, but my milk just never came in (when you're giving 100ml top ups to a newborn think you know there's not much coming out of your boobies
    annat - sorry to hear you were nearly in an accident. scary stuff
    caddie - sounds yukko with the swollen lymph nodes, but at least your pancreas showed up as ok.
    anna** - how's xander feeling. hope there was no rushing off to pmh...
    kell - welcome back. glad you had a good time with your folks.
    hello to everyone else, and glad to see a few of you had a few drinks tonight. i had a glass of champers with my gf's, and only just got home (after midnight).... ains was so good after her unsettled day (thanks for all your well wishes to her girls) and went to sleep at my gf's house, but now she is in her cot singing! hoping she'll settle soon! hope you're all sleeping well xxx

have fun at the wedding NEssa!!

thought i would pop in to see whats happening, and obviously there is heaps happening as its very quiet, not much happening here, just finished cleaning downstairs, that includes everything scrubbing walls and floors etc, now i just ahve to start upstairs, thats a huge bummer about having a HUGE house it takes so long to clean up after the grubs!! craig is at work and he is bringing me some scotch home so i am hanging out for that, hope evryone is having a great weekend

Morning girls... if it is not one thing its' a f*cken nother with Xander. Who here mentioned about their bubba having a big head that needed seeing to? I can't remember, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.
    Anyway, we need to get an ultrasound done on Xanders' head as the Doc is worried about the possibility of fluid on the brain (which causes a larger than normal head). Damn, sh*t, bugger, f*ck! I really don't need this - I hope he's ok and it's just a pre-cautionary ultrasound.

He is much better today, don't have any idea what the 40 degree temp was about, and all tests have come back clear. He does seem to have a bit of a cold, but that's hardly anything to really worry about.

Sooooooo... wow, you girls have been a chatty bunch. Um, hate to be rude, but we aren't allowed to do 1st, 2nd, etc posts anymore. Even if it is fun

Maz - Hon, how are you? Don't think I'm being a cow for not calling, I wasn't sure if you are up to having phone calls right now and needed some space... if you are, drop me an sms and I'll phone you!

Belle - Thanks for the chats the last couple of days, you've kept me sane woman! Are you getting Julia jabbed on Monday?

Rach - Poor Jack! That sounds painful.. have any of the toothy pegs come through yet?

AnanT - YAAAAAAAAAY for Jett's first toothy peg. How cute!

Rikki - How is Ains today? Still singing I hope.

Jodi - Rikki is so right, you've done a wonderful job getting this far with BF'ing. You didn't have a choice, Nina has made her own choice about what she wants (Miss Independant strikes again!). I wouldn't mind dropping down to one feed a day within the next month or so, but I don't know if it is possible without loosing my supply.

Chrissy - When you are finished cleaning your place... can you please fly over and clean mine? Our house isn't all that big, but I'm just too slack right now to do it. I'll bake you a cake or something on your arrival.

Annie - Which formula are you using? How's that going? Bet the wines were lovely last night with that stirfry.

Question for those that formula feed.... I'm a bit suss that Xander's constipation may be a result of the formula he is on (Heinz Nurture). It's only one bottle a day, but he does greeny black pellets on that small amount. I've bought a tin of Nan HA Gold, but it smells terrible (nothing wrong with it, just I hate the smell). What's a good one that is Whey Dominant (not Casein)?

Nelle - TIme to update your blog again m'dear! And a new ticker too!
    Last edited by Anna**; March 24th, 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: ETA: Nelle!

anna re: formula....... all my kids used s26, but i have tryed most of them, with caitlyn i started with s26 but its a bit more expensive so i tried the heinz nuture, and she was blocked up, Nan i find i cant stand the smell it just stinks, but i went for the cheapest Lactogen and find it Great NO blockage no smell and it only costs around $10-$11

I use s26 and ruby is fine with no constipation.The nans gold caused her bad wind!
    Anna,hope xander is ok!! Isnt it a blasted pain.Im sure he will be fine.Ruby was fine and i thought she had a major crooked head!! Hugs to you and i feel your stress.
    Me,cleaning the kitchen.Well trying too in amongst ruby's crankiness because of her tooth.Pulling at her ears,off her milk and food and being a fusspot.She is having a little nap but who knows how long it will last.I also just helped millana colour in!! Gee i lead an exciting life.HAHAHA
    Well i will pop back on later if the munchkins behave.

It's okay Anna, I already smacked them for it.
    And I'm a bit confused about babies having big heads...I thought that it was normal? Like different body parts grow at different rates? Hopefully it's just a precautionary thing. Xander looks fine and handsome as always to me.

No! Anna! I've got it! Your doctor has a crush on you and keeps having to do tests on Xander so he can see you! So you've got nothing to worry about. Except your dr. stalking you...

And alright alright I will do my blog and ticker next...can't get a break with you girls

Rikki, I had a good smile at the thought of Ains singing to herself in her cot.

Awww just saw the cutest thing, Riv falling asleep with his thumb in his mouth and then it sliding slooowly out and falling onto his rug. Really, he melts my heart.
    We had our first big bath together today - lots of fun. He fell under once while I was scrubbing his tummy but I grabbed him super quick and after a bit of spluttering and sneezing he was fine.

Thanks for the awww poor nelle's guys, I feel a bit better today, still sick but I'm glad I didn't saw my face off. Hopefully I'm on the other side of the sickness hill!

ETA: Hi Caddie! Hope Ruby feels better with her teeth soon - do you give her anything for the pain, or does she cope okay without anything?

Caddie - I hope you stayed within the lines whilst colouring in! I keep reminding myself how much worry you had with Ruby, and how all turned out just fine - so I'm convinced it'll be the same for us.

Nelle - Thanks for the laugh mate.. I'll keep an eye on that Doctor of mine from now on. hehe. Babies do normally have big heads, but Xander's is really big. His body weigh/length is on the 50% percentile, but his head is on the 97th... wouldn't be too much of a concern except that he started off life with a head on the 3rd percentile. I'm gonna start calling him CupaChup me thinks.

Looks like I should pop out and buy some stick packs of S26 once Xander will take the bottle again.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast