Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #37

Default Babies Born September 2006 #37

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Lea13; March 20th, 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Got the teething paint, thanks Nessa!

YAY for Ash for opening her mouth! She knows what's on that spoon and wants it!
    Hopefully shell it's just a one-off and she starts settling better for you after today. I've always found Nina is cranky on Monday's cause she spends all weekend with daddy and on Monday he's gone and it's just mummy.

With the monitor and my friend, their room isn't near his, that's why I was a little shocked.

rach - photos look great! that's a great idea about the brag mat pics

way to go Alexander!!!!!

Wow you girls are quick!! Like Speedy Gonzales!

Maz.. oh dear im sorry chick.. hope it all stops soon hun.

Go Alexander!!!

Shell.. oh dear poor Ash.. wonder if her teeth are bothering her. Jesse was like that on Friday was cuddling him most of the day and wella.. yesterday toothy popped up. Oh thats great!! Was that with the cereal and pear? Ive found Jesse doesnt like my home cooked food the poo head.. has to have the jar stuff and he scoffs that down. Have you tried her with yogurt?

Chrissy.. good to see ya.. and glad you had a good weekend.. man if that was me id be a cadbury kid i reckon (glass and a half and im gonnne!)

ChrissyT.. Hi there!! What happened with the bump?

Jodi.. nah we never had one.. even though Jesse's room is quite a distance from ours, i must have super sonic ears when it comes to him as any sound he makes i wake.. DH just sleeps through it all, even the crying!
    We use Grobag sleeping bags, cos i like the Tog thing.. easier to know what to put on them underneath. Have used them since he was 2 months old as he likes to pull blankets over his head. Have found them really good. They are a bit expensive but got some off ebay. But its so hard lately to know what to put them in.. like when they go down its a nice temperature so theyll get hot if you over dress and by night time its freezing so they get cold cos you dressed them for the earlier temperature..

Well have to run girls sorry.. gotta finish getting stuff ready to go to mum and dads and feed and bath the munchkin.

Have a lovely night.

xx

Nope no leaking Nessa

Sorry Ive been quiet, just feeling a bit down. Been doing some thinking about TTC #2, not sure whether we are going to bother or not anymore. Ry is also working late all this week doing remedials for his classes so I will be lonely again. By the time he gets home, eats dinner, showers and studies its time for bed.
    Went out shopping today, laybuy'd a ton of kids DVDs for bub to watch when he is a bit bigger and bought myself two romance novels to read on my lonely nights at home. Our friends came with us (boy I did a good job squeezing two carseats and TWO jogger prams in my itty bitty Focus ) and we had Jesters pies for lunch, yummo.
    Bub is snoozing on the couch, all Ive heard today is 'Dad-dad-dad-dad-dad-dad-dad" and when I say "No, no Dad-dad right now" he cries lol
    Hmm todays a good day for curling up in bed with a hot cup of tea and a good book, its so rainy and cold! Im trying to find the energy to put some spaghetti on so I can eat the leftover spag bol sauce.

For whoever asked about monitors, we have the breathing alarm monitor from Angelcare. I always have it on once I go to bed, but I put our end of it on the lowest volume possible. I dont hear his minor noises but if he is screaming I can hear him. Doesnt bother us at all though hearing his snuffles etc as we usually have the fan going or our pillows over our heads anyway. During the day I just put his end on as Im usually wandering about the house so will hear if he cries or if it sounds the breathing alarm. I will probably stop using the monitor once he is walking and in a big boy bed so he is able to get out of it and come find us instead of crying via the monitor.

hi all

We have the angel moniter and its not plugged in..I found that when i had it on i wuld go to his room ( down the other end of the house) and feed him, when he was actually trying to settle himself and go back to sleep on his own.. he only cries for a feed during the night, i can here him and he doesnt wake up hubby ( typical) or Oliviaand her room is next to his.. Of a morning i hear him talking and playing in his cot.. so cute! I only plug the moniter in if we are outside or having a BBQ and we are a bit noisy. Nothing worse than partying outside and coming in to a screaming baby !

I can't believe this ... it's 9.45pm and Nina is still awake!!! She's only had one 2 hour sleep today (10-12) and is soooo happy! She's been laughing with us, playing, talking heaps, she has so much energy, and Heath and I are ready for bed! And here I was saying this morning how Nina goes to bed at 6.30pm! HA! Luckily Heath bought me a bottle of wine home, cause I can sit up and drink that hehehe

I wish we could hear Nina without the monitor, but with our brm door shut for the a/c to be on, we can't hear a thing. So I hear everything, and sometimes can't tell the difference between her crying and re-settling.
    Another question (or two): during the night, how long do you wait for them to re-settle before going in and re-settling yourself?
    And also a question with formula: at night, can you make it up and have it in the fridge, or can you have it sitting out on the bench, or should you make it up when you get up?

just a quick fly by Jack is still awake *yawn* mind you we went to bilo 70km away to shop tonight left here at 3.20pm had fed Jack at 2.50pm we got over and home without him wanting a feed till 7.30pm sigh so now he is eating like a horse trying to catch up from not doing so now he has had 3 120mls in 2 hrs

Nina - Go to bed! hope that you are not awake all night Jodi..

I think that you should always put formula in the fridge once made.. When i FF Olivia i would make her evening bottle and put it in the fridge and then when she would wake up i would zap it in the micro and by the time i have checked her nappy and re wrapped her bottle would be ready and tv remote in hand.. away we go..

What a huge drive for your groceries Rach!

For me, when Alexander is awake and hungry he has an urgent type of cry and when he is trying to re-settle himself he grizzles and hits his head with his hand and pulls his wrap over his eyes..
    Last edited by ~Flossie~; March 19th, 2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typos - shocling tonight

Jodi for formula I always had the bottles on boiled water in fridge ready to go, then would heat in micro 30secs was enough for 120mls then add formula

not to offend anyone who does it, but it is not recomended to actually heat ready mixed formula in micro breaks down or something if ya are going to premix then heat in a cup of hot water

ok, she's finally asleep ... I'm off to bed!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the tips re: formula, I have no idea about this stuff

Rach... isnt it always the way that things that are easy are bad!!! ROFL!! I think the micro also has hot spots.. i figure that as we dont use formula that much is this house it dont matter.naughty me! . No offence taken by me at all.. ( i said it! ) thanks for caring about us, some people may not know about it. xoxo

AnnaT-Sorry to read that you are feeling down at the moment. I hope that you can sort things out soon. Just take your time with your feelings and dont rush them at all, they will never fit into a time slot.

Gotta go change Eithan etc. We are one sick household here. Oh how is Olivia, Annie?

BBL

Love

Quote Originally Posted by *Annie* View Post
    Rach... isnt it always the way that things that are easy are bad!!! ROFL!! I think the micro also has hot spots.. i figure that as we dont use formula that much is this house it dont matter.naughty me! . No offence taken by me at all.. ( i said it! ) thanks for caring about us, some people may not know about it. xoxo
    no probs

well Jack finally went down around 10.25pm last night *yawn* I was so tired, the thing was he was in the greatest mood but he went from only having had 480mls of milk between 8.40am-7.30pm then preceded to drink another 410mls between then and 10pm silly boy if he would drink during the day we would be fine, yes I know the other day I was complaining he was taking a feed every 2 hrs so I suppose this is my com uperance

well we have CHN so am sure I will get the look when I say he is still on 120ml bottles, (i know its a guide) but by now he should be on 240mls 5 times a day according to tin, we did move to 180ml 1/2 the time but he has stopped that and dropped back to 120mls 8 times a day

anyway we are starting solids on the 1st May he has needles on the 26th so want to get them over with before we start then want a day when Jase is home so he can fild that first bite

ok best go see if this child is stirring

huh ??????????????? good help I am

My god you girls can talk!

Jodi - Re the formula during the night thing, why dont' you buy one of those formula dispenser containers and just have the right number of scoops measured into it. Have a bottle of cool boiled water with the right amount in it too, that way, you just add the powder and shake it up. Xander happily drinks his at room temp so I don't bother heating it at all.

Nessa - Wonder Weeks is a book... I don't actually own it (Jodi does), but it has a lot of info on babies growth spurts on a week by week basis in it.

Rach - Tell the CHN to bugger off re the feeding amounts. Some people are 'grazers' and feed little and often, others are most the three meals a day types - It must apply to babies too! As long as he gets enough in total, I don't see what the problem is (unless it bothers you to be feeding this often)

Maz - Thanks for the chat yesterday... I hope the taggie blanket arrives today or else I'm gonna stalk the postie for it.

Belle - How are you? How's Julia Goolia? I loved those photos you sent me.

Re the monitors, I have the Roger Armstrong one.. it rated really well in the Choice review and we've been really happy with it. We have to have ours on as Xander could scream blue murder from his room and we'd never hear him without it. There have been two nights that I've forgotton to put it in the cradle and the battery went flat, I got a great night's sleep those nights... but normally I hear every little noise he makes, so probably go to him more than I should in the night.

Helloooooos to Kellxx, Nelle, Annie, AnnaT, ShellBell, Chrissy, Ambz... and the rest!

bbl as I can hear that my little man has moved off his playmat (and I don't know where to - better find out).

Anna it doesn't bother me feeding him that often and one CHN said he probably has a slow metabolisn which is why he gains heaps but eats little, but the one I have today I think is the one who goes on about the guide on the tin *grrrrrrrrr* but I take little notice of her, I just hate listening to it, as far as I am concerned he is a big babuy who has gained above average weight since birth so why should I worry

they also go on about the lack of day sleeps, sure I would love him to sleep more than 30-40min during the day but I am not concerned as most nights he sleeps 10-11hrs at night

Morning all,

Anna**- Hello, how is everything going with Xander these days? He sleeping well?

Nessa- I have the wonder weeks book, there are certain weeks where a baby goes thru a big developmental change and the weeks leading up to one of these are usually linked to when bubs are having a bad time, not sleeping well, getting clingy or things like that.
    Enjoy your day out, lucky girl!

Rach- Don't worry bout the whole bottle thing, do whatever makes Jack happy and as long as he is putting on weight and is happy then why change things.

Helen.p- Hope that sick household of yours clears up. Hugs to you all.

Jodi- Ashleigh wakes alot overnight and either cries, grizzles or plays. I usually wait and see if she'll settle herself, sometimes she'll cry for 5 mins and go back to sleep or if longer I go give her a pat. It all depends too how long since her last feed, if its been 3 hours she won't settle without the breast (even though I don't think shes really that hungry) if less than that I won't feed her unless shes not going to settle.

AnnaT- Hugs, sorry to hear you are feeling down. Maybe sort of take a break from TTC and just still DTD without being on contraception and just see what happens, what do the others call it? Open to life or something, just see what happens without watching for signs and worrying bout DTD on the right day etc. Then when you start feeling stronger you could get back in to it.

Kell- Haven't tried yoghurt yet, wanted to keep on the fruit and veg for a while. I've given up on the rice cereal but may re-try her with it in a week or so, she seems to really like pumpkin and tried some sweet potato today. Enjoy your time with your parents.

Maz- How are you today? Has the bleeding settled down? Thinking of you.

Well Ashleigh is starting a bit of the commando crawling, she is so funny to watch, usually she rolls all around the lounge room to get where she wants to go but yesterday started trying the commando crawling. Sometimes she'll get her knee tucked right under and try and push herself off but instead of going forward she pushes too hard and she topples sideways. Shes a worry cause she is already attracted to all the cords on the TV cabinet and pulling the videos out of it!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast