Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #46

Default Babies Born September 2006 #46

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hi Christy! You're right, and we're trying to relax hey. I'm sure things will sort themselves out in the end! Thanks for keeping an eye on us - any chance we can get our name changed from Babies Born September 06 to Days of our Lives 06?

Anyway, first so nyah nyah nyah, as I said in the last thread, I'm the winner! (I had to quickly post and now I'll edit so that I actually WAS first!! )

So yeah, Maz and Annat, sort out when you can come down to Melb, let us know, and then we'll have our date! Hurrah!

ETA: Caddie! You snuck in after Christy last thread!! Do they give awards for that??

any chance we can get our name changed from Babies Born September 06 to Days of our Lives 06?
    I reckon, so much goes on with us it's not funny!!!

Well Nina is having a good sleep. Considering this is her third for the day, I'm really surprised. I ended up giving her some panadol. Heath's not home till 5 today, then has footy at 8 ... not happy Jan.
    Me is thinking I need a hobby, somewhere out of the house, for just me, not me & nina, just me. Any ideas?

You've got a Spotlight near you don't you Jodi? Take up something crafty like sewing or scrapbooking/card making. It doesn't matter how good you are, just if you enjoy it.
    But I find roaming around Spotlight by myself really relaxing, just looking at all the different awesome crafty things there are! Then you've got a hobby for later at night too, once El Nino's in bed (apart from your ttc hobby).

what about queens birthday long weekend? june 11th? AnnaT what do you think?
    Hey Jodie - atleast we're not boring that fact that someone stalks us...ROFL MAUW to our stalker...we love you
    Vy's in size 1 -2 shoes I think, I have to check later.
    thanks to you girls, im considering going and opening an online store. Ive had a huge response to my nappy covers that I made last week and ive gotten a great response to my taggy's..stay tunes and i'll let you know. you guys have been so supportive of me with my sewing. thank you one and all. I sew to keep my mind of Wilhelms little things and to blank out alot of my issues with him.
    So again thank you all
    Kara...im going to email you when i get the chance
    Anna - i hope your feeling better hon
    Shelley - Sorry if we made you feel horribele saturday and im glad that you understand. We are very close and try to protect each other. Please stay here and become our 'newbie' mummy of the group
    ok going before I become a slobbering mess
    Caddie - something coming Ruby's way VERY soon
    xxmaz

Hmm Im trying to sell my wedding dress (no way am I EVER going to fit back in it lol) but they dont sell well on Ebay and Im not sure if the bridal stores here do consignment. Could do with the extra $$$ it would generate.

Ive decided to take Jett to Gymbaroo classes on thursdays. I think he would benefit from spending time with other babies who are on the move. Im also considering putting him in daycare for 4 or 5 hours so I can have time to myself to clean, take a fitness class or whatever. I feel so guilty about considering it though seeing as Im a SAHM.

Nelle, I wish we had a Spotlight here! Ive decided to make Jett a scrapbook but the usual stuff at Target etc is pretty generic. One's being built here but they seem to be taking forever

Maz - umm could we make it June 10th the Sunday? That way we arent having to do the long drive back here day before Ry has to go back to work. Otherwise I'll be coming on my own. Is it a BBQ, Picnic, something ?????
    Last edited by Freya; April 30th, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

hi girls....
    i ditto what nelle and maz said shelley... hard joining this group when many of us have been so close for well over a year now... but we'll do our best to make sure you feel welcome. like i said, my hubby works away too, so we can be work single mums together.

helen - i totally understand what you mean about sharing photos/names and i'm sure everyone respects your decision... but you can have a hormonal moment if you like maybe share via email with those your trust (pick me!)

chrissy - you'll be missed... i'm the oldest now! make sure you come online and let us know how caity is doing.

geeez so much happened i can't remember anything. maybe cos i'm so tired! think i'll sneak off and have a snooze. bbl

ps glad vy liked her pressie maz

AnnaT- Don't feel guilty bout having a few hours break. I wish I could do that. Seeing as Ash is still boobying and not taking enuff from a cup yet to leave her I can't but as soon as I can I'll definately want a break. Lately I've just felt so exhausted and having that sort of trapped feeling like I need to get out and breath on my own for a few hours!

maz- Queens birthday weekend sounds good, so would we do it on the monday on the actual public holiday?
    AnnaT- that suit you too?
    So are we gonna bring partners too?
    ETA: Oh I just read your response AnnaT, sunday suits me if thats okay with the rest.

Jodi- What are your interests? would you consider something active like gym or a dance class or something like others have asid on the crafty side? I'd love to get back to pole dancing classes, if they have in your area you so should do, its hard work but I think its the only exercise I've ever enjoyed.
    I've just put Ash down to have a 3rd sleep too, she's been in a good mood most of the day just has hardly slept and now shes rubbing her eyes and grumbly so she'd better nap or else!

Nelle- Lol at days of our lives 06, I'm actually hooked on days at the moment, never been into it before.

All is quiet so hopefully little miss is asleep. Home made pizza's tonight for me yum!
    Last edited by shellbell3; April 30th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Shell - a friend of mine and I are going to do pole dancing classes. We're both trying to get fit and lose weight but like most people are super unmotivated esp if we're on our own. Glad to see someone else has done them and think theyre great exercise!

shell - too lazy to go the gym, or to do anything fitnessey but i do like crafts.

nelle I'm the same, I could spend all day roaming around spotlight. Everytime Heath goes to the sports shop, I go to spotlight cause it's right next door.
    I might get back into scrapbooking. I've got the stuff, just gotta get my butt into gear.

well I think it's nina's toothy pegs annoying her today, cause she's having a good munch on a cold teething ring. She's happy to just sit in the bouncer and watch tv at the moment.

annat - don't feel bad about putting Jett into daycare. We all need a break from time to time. And when you fall pg again you'll definitely need that break from him.

maz - sounds like those hormones are running wild !

Helen.. do what you feel is right with your family.. it is YOUR family after all. Its totally fine if you dont want to put your photos up.. the internet can be a scarey thing (says she who flew to america to meet a boy.. yeh yeh i know, i was young and stupid, but it turned out fine).. hense why alot of baby photo sites wont allow you to display your baby's full name. We have to protect whats ours

And these were the Day Of Our Lives.... THATS FOR SURE!

Jodi.. yeh are you crafty at all? Maybe you could do a scrapbooking or sewing course or something? My sister does alot of scrapbooking workshops and loves them. And like Nelle said then you have something to also work on at home.

Maz.. would love to brouse your store sometime!! Hope we can be there for the grand opening! Ive still yet to attempt my sewing but will get there.

AnnaT.. but he will benefit from it also.. im a SAHM too, and it is a full on job.. its not like we get to sit on our butt all day.. we all need a break sometime too. Oh go the pole dancing you sexy thing!

Well talking about sewing.. im going to attempt it now while Jessman is snoozing.

Love ya'll!

Maz - whats with your MSN thingy next to your name??? Do I want some of your water??

Were we ALL supposed to get the emailed changes Ness, cos I didn't get anything. Am I being impatient?

HI Ladies

Remember me....it has been a long time that is for sure. Anyway, we are now online in Johannesburg now - yay!

Well - everything has been happening here that is for sure and just from reading the last thread it is sad what has happened re: the MOLE - I hope the September Mum's forum gets back to the way it was.

To cut a long story short - after we arrived in Johannesburg a very good friend of ours was killed in a plane crash in Malawi so both DH, me and bubs flew back to Melbourne for the funeral and from there I went onto NZ to visit my family for four weeks. I only got back to Johanensburg last week. To tell you the truth it isn't going that well, I don't know anyone here and me and DH are having problems.....so I am feeling a bit lonely and depressed and hope things work out. To top it all off Rylee is having major sleep issues and I am exhausted.

Anyway, enough about me - I look am glad to be back with you Mum's, sharing & caring...

Speak soon
    Laurin

Owwww Laurin, that sounds like enough to put stress on anyone's marriage! Hope you and your dh can reconnect, grab a cuppa together or go for a walk or something.
    Great to see you again anyway! What's going on with Rylee's sleeping?

Hi Laurin, so good to hear from you again.
    So sorry to hear about your friend being killed. How are you feeling about it now?
    I hope you and DH get back things back to how they were. It's awful when everything happens at once isn't it.
    What's happening with Rylee at the moment, not sleeping at night, during the day, or both?
    BTW - love that ticker pic

the sleeping story - or lack of - has only two 20 minute cat naps during the day and then wakes up about 5 times per night - I have taken to bringing her into bed with us just so I don't have to keep getting up - I also tend to bf her as she won't settle back to sleep herself - I am waiting for the night when she will sleep through....people are also putting pressure on me to use control crying (DH & my mum) but I don't want to do this...

I second what nessa said, don't be forced into something you don't want to do. If you don't feel comfortable with CC, then don't do it. It'll upset you more than Rylee.
    Has she got any teeth yet, can you see some coming through? This might be a reason for waking so much at night.
    Another is solids, is she on solids? If she is, then it may be something she's eaten.
    Again, it could be that, or it could be none of the above.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast