Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Dh and I have agreed that we will happily abstain from sex until Jett is not breastfed anymore. If thats a year then so be it, we DO NOT want anymore children. Not for another 4yrs at any rate. If it gets to much and we absolutely cant wait any longer I will wean Jett to formula and go on the pill.

hi girls.

Anna** - is Xander ok after the needles? I would have cried I hate seeing needles and babies dont like them too. Im doing ok today Jeffrey is helping out but hes going out now..

Nelle - Hon, Julia is spewing after feeds now too, not sure what it is, I asked and the nurse told me that it maybe shes got a full stomach?

Shellbell - hi mate, hope you are doing well. Re the heat, Trescillian gave me a pamplet and it says in heat to feed babies more often if you are breastfeeding in the heat, for bottle fed babies you can give them cooled boiled water, im sure you must be able to give it to breastfeed babies to hey to help them rehydrate. They said if there is a change in babies behaviour eg, decreased number of wet nappies or drowinsess to seek medical advice. Also dress baby just in singlet and nappy or just nappy and sponge bathe baby often with slightly warm water not cold water and put the baby in the coolest place in the house where there is a crosscurrent of air, eg hallway or bathroom, if using fan make sure its not blowing direct on the baby.

Maz - thanks for last night for making me laugh your too funny I fed Julia the formula last night and she slept for 6 hours it was great and she settled well. I may do it every night at last feed I think as it helps her heaps and my milkflow is crap at night - only 50mls. Shocking hey.

Helen - thanks so much for your kind words, you are wonderful. Hope Bella and Eithan are doing well.

Hello to everyone else I need to catchup on posts. Thinking of you all.

Lol Belle, wouldn't surprise me if River did have a full stomach and kept drinking anyway..I get a bit bitter and think 'what a waste of my milk!'
    And that's great that Julia settled last night. Re: having crap all milk at night, would it work to express a little after each feed so you have a feed's worth by the end of the day? Just a thought..

Oh Anna, you poor thing at Xander's 6th sense! Maybe you could have him babysat and tell your sitter you're um...going to the movies...? Although that's probably a bit too organised hey...

Well, I really should take advantage of this peace and quiet and do some washing...the trouble with peace and quiet is that I just want to rest when it happens! So nothing much gets done. Actually, the inlaws are popping in later this arvo, so I probably should clean up a bit...

Belle - I find my boobies are engourged in the morning...so i always express around 20mls from whichever boobie I am offering...then I empty that boobie after Paige has finished her feed....that way not only does the boobie replenish itself for later on I am also banking enough milk to offer and EBM feed in the afternoon.
    They do say that some boobies run low in the afternoons...so by offering more boobie in the arvo, it may help to have bubs full and content for their evening sleeps (that's what the ABA councellor told me anyway).

Belle*- thanks for that info re the heat. Its hard with no air con.

Nelle- Ash always has a couple little spews at each feed. I always think too what a waste.

Well Ash hasn't had a very good afternoon. Shes on my arms now screaming. I think i'll be deaf soon in my left ear!

Anna**-LOL at Xander's 6th sense. I'm not ready yet but even rolling over to cuddle DH gets in the way. Eithan will vomit or something like that and then after 10mins I will roll over again and have it happen again. Most nights now I just go straight to sleep no cuddles.Boohoo.

Love

Shell - I'll ask dad for his old hearing aide for ya bud. lol. Ive had a little girl who likes being awake all afternoon. I think she's had 2 hours sleep again all day. I hope to hell she sleeps tonight other wise she's out in the wheely bin for the night! Its funny with the whole fertility thing really. I waited a year to get my tubes reversed and hoped to hell I would fall pg soon afterwards, which I did and now Im thinking oh tread carefully...
    Nelle - so having the inlaws there this afternoon, did you take advantage? Mine came up from Mt Eliza yesterday and spent an hour with us then went of to their friends place for the weekend. Their friends is 10 mins up the road and we wont see them again to christmas. I guess they really love their first born grandson and granddaughter to bits! cough cough bull$hit..cough cough. and on the blissfully ignorant. I suppose I wouldn't mind a nother sometimes but then I'd have to get a new car and god were do I start with school drop offs etc. Nah I think 3's enough and knowing my luck, id end up with twins next time round as their on both sides of the family.:0
    ChrissyT - good to hear from you chook. Your a clever woman, why didn't I have a Lac consultant like yours. I probably would still be BF if I did.
    Belle - glad Julia had 6 hours of sleep and gave mummy some well deserved rest. Remember, you are her mum, you need to go with your gut and listen to your mum (even if they drive us nuts!)
    AnnaT - I didn't want any more kids after Nikolaus (he's the eldest) and now Ive got 3. I often think, IM NUTS!!!!! Stick to your guns babe and hurry up and get the hell over here!
    Anna - put a stereo in your room and blair it. That way you wont hear anything and your neighbours wont hear your noise heheheheh. You can do it!
    Rikki - we both better be careful otherwise we'll both be running away. Glad that the wedding was wonderful and that everything is going great guns.
    Caddie - were are you hiding.....oh there you are I see you.....ah just tricking! HI ya hon!
    Hello everyone else, hope your all fine and enjoyed the cooler weather today.
    I spent the afternoon outside cleaning and pruning with Vy in her cot screaming cause she was over tired and didn't want to sleep. Tuff titties I wasn't picking her up! Must say something thats a bit TMI, my boobies have headed south. I feel like I should be on a National geographical show cause they have those tribe woman who's boob's look like bike tyers. I reackson I could tie a knot in mine and use them as a head band this summer. Jed offered to go to the hardware and buy some silicon to pump into them...its warming on me
    have a wonderful night girls (try to, be positive)
    xxmaz

helen honey this ones for you...I know its not the same but its the thought that counts

Im still here!! I have had my SIL and her son here today and the husbands went to the races. Ruby has been an angel all day but now is having her daily whinge.Ive given her the world and she still crying.
    I will do personals later but i better go and entertain ruby before they all come back from the races.

Goodluck settling Ruby Caddie. Thanks for the hug Maz oh and what a cute little (well huge really) smile Vyolett has on your ticker.

Love

hey girls,

Belle - your welcome you know where i am if you ever need to talk.ill be home more in the mornings now that akira is back at kindy next weeks. Sorry i could talk for long today we had alot to do and the shops were packed like it was going to be a long weekend monday lol.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping cool in this wierd wether we seem to be having.

Well im outter here gotta get the kids into bed so i can go to bed.

Later

Adele

I have confessions to make:

1. I am a bad mummy, gave in and have started comp feeding bub with formula 4 times a day. Am considering chucking in BFall together as bub seems happier with his formula full tum.

2. Im going to leave my selfish ***** of a husband, who is right now after his usual sleep in and hours of playing comp games out to lunch with friends and only asked if I'd like to go after I had a hissy fit. Apparently he deserves some time away from us for all the "help" he gives us.
    Im going to divorce him then kill him

AnnaT- You poor thing! Its horrible sometimes I don't think men know exactly how hard work it is on the woman looking after a baby. Its the hardest job I've ever done. I hope you and your Dh sort it all out. Maybe now your giving bubs formula you could go out for a few hours and leave bubs with him and let him see how hard a job you do! As for chucking in the Bfing, you do whatever is going to make you and bubs happy and settled.

Hi All

AnnaT - You are not a bad mother if you decide the Formula is the way to go for Jett.. Its what ever works for you.. As far as your husband goes.. Give him a good kick up the bum!

We had our Alexanders Baptism today and i have update my ticket with a photo of him!

Very tired.. just downloading all the pictures from today to the computre then i am going to try and go to bed.. Absolutley exhausted!

xoxo
    Last edited by ~Flossie~; October 15th, 2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling! as usual xoxo

ticker is NOT updating.. too tired to work it all out! Will try again later xox

Its horrible sometimes I don't think men know exactly how hard work it is on the woman looking after a baby. Its the hardest job I've ever done.
    I agree 100% with this.... especially if breastfeeding on top of everything else. You just do not get a break from it all - ever. It is damn hard work and sometimes I wish my DH would pull his weight some more - he seems to be constantly sleeping 'cos he is "sooo tired" and yet I never ask that he gets up for bub at night (and Xander's crying doesn't wake him). In honesty, DH's life really hasn't changed all that much from pre-baby times. Gotta love him anyway! I just told him last week that I am not going back to work on top of looking after bubba - he took it pretty well.

AnnaT - You are not a bad mummy if you feel the need to switch to formula. Like has been said here a few times... happy mummy = happy baby. Plenty of babies have been raised on formula and have grown up happy and healthy.

LittlePrincess - How did the baptism go today? Hopefully all went well.. can't wait to see the pics.

Ok, I know many of you are doing the whole baptism thing, but as we aren't overly religious we are going with a naming day instead.. question is, is now a good time? or do you girls think waiting till he is a bit older is better? We were thinking of a really nice relaxed picnic somewhere with family and friends to celebrate the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna** View Post
    I agree 100% with this.... especially if breastfeeding on top of everything else. You just do not get a break from it all - ever. It is damn hard work and sometimes I wish my DH would pull his weight some more - he seems to be constantly sleeping 'cos he is "sooo tired" and yet I never ask that he gets up for bub at night (and Xander's crying doesn't wake him). In honesty, DH's life really hasn't changed all that much from pre-baby times. Gotta love him anyway! I just told him last week that I am not going back to work on top of looking after bubba - he took it pretty well.
    I also agree AnnaT you are not a bad mum at all what is wrong with giving them a little bit of formula to top up? we are doing it at the last feed of the day. As for giving up BF dont let people pressurise you into anything, do what you want to do. I have the same issue as you re doing everything and getting the same from DH, thankfully this week he has made much more effort after I yelled and screamed two weeks in a row.

Anna** - how you doing mate? Will catchup with you tomorrow morning. Got mum coming to help me in the arvo hope all is well. I love the pic of Xander in the outfit I sent you for him hes so cute! Re Christening/Baptism if you are catholic they say its best to do in the first 3 months of the baby's life into the world. We walked to the shopping centre today and around and back, so exausted now! but it was great fun.

LittleP - How was the baptism? ours is early November I am looking forward to it. Look forward to seeing your pics!

Charli - thanks so much for your MSN message sorry I missed you mate, so nice of you to think of me, Im doing ok today, lets hope tomorrow is good too. How is your day?

Adele - hello - thanks for everything.. lets catchup on msn tomorrow morning Hows your day today? Riley is doing ok? Hows Akira?

Helen - are you ok? will give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday if I dont make it tomorrow to see how you are going.

Maz - thanks so much for your advice and god you make me laugh!!! everytime I feel down I just keep thinking to follow my gut now thanks hon.

Caddie - I know what you mean by daily winge, Julia has hers in the late arvo and it just continues. I wish I knew how to calm her down. Any luck? let me know if you know what we can do?

Shellbell - How did Ainsleigh go in the heat? thank god today is much better hey. How are you feeling?

Nelle - hows River today? Re expressing I have nothing left after feeding her my supply is not too great. We have been doing switch feeding with the BF for 2 days and also expressing instead of BF but my milk seems the same my lactation consultant is coming on Tuesday to see what we should do next...sigh..

Merre - Where are you mate???

Chrissy - How was yesterday at the Bay? must have been so hot, it was heatwave here.. Hope you and kids are all doing well. How is Caitlyn today? Im sorry you were in tears also big hugs to you mate, hope today was better

Jodi - Hows things today with you and Nina?

Back later for more personals girls. Cooking a roast have to check on it now.. yum!

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; October 15th, 2006 at 07:27 PM.

AnnaT - you are a wonderful mummy and don't feel bad just cause you've decided to go with formula. Whether it's formula or boob, as long as your baby is getting fed and they're happy and healthy, that's all that matters!! They don't know the difference and they won't grow up any different from it. Good on you for giving breastfeeding a go for so long. It's bloody hard work.

Anna** - If I was going to do a naming ceremony, I'd do it now, while he's still young and new to the world.

All good here. Nina asleep now She decided on the weekend that she'd stay up for as long as she possibly could, which is a very long time! 8 hours sleep in one 24 hour period. Can't be healthy for her. I didn't go out much last week as I had the flu, and I think she was missing it.
    I can't believe you are talking about the heat!! I live in Cairns, and you'd think it would be hotter here, but we're having really strange weather with rain and wind, and we've still got the doona on our bed! LOL Can't wait for it to warm up.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast