Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

Default Babies Born September 2006 #6

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.

Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 lb 1 / Length -56cm
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Health Concerns: Was booked in for an elective c/s on the 5th as prior two pg's had been emergency and pre booked c/s.
    Early labour stopped on the 24th of August and labour began on 2nd September ending with emergency c/s again.
    Had GD and extremely bad M/S to the point that I lost 20kg for the pg.

Forum Name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15 September 2006
    Baby Stats: length 52cm, HC 35cm, weight 3390g
    Baby's Name: Julia Zora
    Baby Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/juliaz
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 41 weeks and after 36hours of labour, had emergency c/s
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Little Princess (Anna)
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.270 kilos or 9 lb 6oz Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: MALE
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: Working on it!
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Breastfeeding

Forum Name: Magic (Sheree)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mitchell James
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: IVF veteran, DS is a natural miracle

Forum Name: Chrissy
    Baby's DOB: 21 sept 06,2.24pm
    Baby Stats: 8lb 9oz, 52cm
    Baby's Name: Caitlyn Anne
    Baby Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced at 38 week, due to mum in agony with her pregnancy, and fast previous deliverys, 5 hour labour, was told the day before i only i have a small baby in there, was i bit shocked by her weight!
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: AnnaT
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Merrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 30/09/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 9 - Length - 50 cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Harriet Elodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; October 16th, 2006 at 06:15 PM.

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

First!

bugger! second

im off to ebay to look for a baby sling or hug a bub cause im sick of a little girl who wont sleep unless I hold her. Im starting to get bald patches from pulling my hair out! Ive even thought about changing her room around and tkaing away some of the bright stuff she has. my back is killing me from holding her and carrying her aroun d and im getting nothing done! sorry girls needed to down load...thanks guys.
    xxmaz

hey girls,

just got back from riley's first dr's appt he is doing really well and is hold his weight nicely. they are a bit concern about his left testie as is has moved up a bit so they are going to keep an eye on it. hopefully its nothing mayor.

maz- know how you feel akira was like that and now riley is starting it up as well but im not giving in this time round. hope the sling might help u out abit.

well im going to finish reading things on bb.

bbl

Adele

It's worrying hey Adele, at his last appt, the student nurse could only find one testicle (Rans was like, well he had 2 when he was born!), but then the normal one said no it's there, just smaller than the other which is normal...and that was when I realised I'd been holding my breath

Oh Maz, hope you find a way to settle Vy...I have a Baby Bjorn which I love for shopping and stuff, but I'm really trying not to cart him round the house too much in case it starts a bad habit.

Okay, Rans is off the phone so we're back to playing xbox...will check in later if I can! xo

yeah it is a worry. i just changed his nappy and its back down again. simon said his left one moves up and down a bit. so i dont know. girls are much easier to look after lol. not so many bits

well im off to cook tea

adele

Bel and Rach, I have added your details to the front page (finally!)

just stopping by to sub

had agreat weekend, but Jack has finally found his voice he's not too bad, but being cuddled and noise on Staurday and being out and about all day did upset himsome

so hopefully this got thru to Jase and next weekend at IL's and when we all go to Agnes, I can stick to his routine as such and they wont be passing him around all the time *fingers crossed* anyway

stupid stupid ?? what is the 6 week checkup for

also Maz I too am worried about the unprotected sex thing :eek: we have done it twice *oops*

Oooops Rach LOL- just a quick question was the clomid for help because of PCOS? You dont have to answer if you dont want to. Just your ooopppps made me remember that the OB/GYN said that having a baby is good for pcos.

Oh well oooopppps are nice. We are yet to have one of those here, poor DH.

Love

No oopsies here either. Dh doesnt really want to touch me unless Im on the pill. Thats fine by me right now as I think Ive gotten my period (otherwise Im still bleeding inconsistently from the birth) plus Im too tired to even brush my hair most days. I have been having naughty dreams about him though so I guess its only a matter of time before I go nuts and attack him when Im able to. Will wait til after we've moved as he'll be in more of a thankful-for-having-a-wife mood after living on base for 2 weeks without me to cook or clean for him lol That will be the only reason I give up BF all together, so I can go on the pill. Condoms are just not safe enough for me, I really dont want any more babies right now.

Ah we are going to be super busy from now til moving day (which right now looks to the the first weekend in Nov). This weekend we have a catch up with friends on fri night, then Sat we're taking the dog+pups and ourselves down south to the inlaws as we had to take the dogs down and its SILs birthday party. Will be the final goodbye before we leave. Then Sunday some friends here are having a going away dinner for me, and its a child free night so Dh has been roped into babysitting As bad as it sounds Im looking forward to a few hours of downtime, and maybe a drink or two............. Oh Anna I will let you know details via sms! Then next week I have to start packing the house, say goodbye to Dh, go for my 4wk post partum check seeing as we'll be gone before 6wks and poor Jett is getting circumcised. Ive ummed and ahhed about our decision cause I dont want to hurt him but it needs to be done and I'd never forgive myself if he had to have it done when he's older (which is super likely seeing as penile issues run in our families). Why is making parenting decision so god dang hard?????????????

On the baptism front we will be getting Jett done but it will have to wait til Dh has time off at chrissy to go to Sydney for it so friends and family can be there. I would have loved to have had it done here when he was newborn but we just wont have time now.

Hi All

What a horrid night.. Yesterday i took DD to see Bananas in PJ's concert so Alexander was held for an 1 hour by my MIL and the car trip to and from the venue,, Meant for a very unsettled night.. Plus he has a little cold so a few blocked noses making feeding upsetting for him.. I have bought some saline to put in his nose to help him and this seems to be working..

AnnaT - we had Alexander Circ done in hospital when he was 3 days old... Alexander sleept through it.. He had a little winge but didnt cry his head off.. WHen he came back i put him straight to the breast and he was happy.. you wouldnt have know it was done at all.. unless you checked his willy!

Maz - i hope that Vy settles for you soon

On the oooops front.. nothing here either... i find myself reaching for hubby of an evening but we dont have any condoms and i dont want to risk it.. ! I dont see my DR until the 9th nov.. mind you i dont want to go on the pill either,,, will discuss an IUD..

BBL after i have had a shower

Little p thats great that alexanders circ went well,I actually witnessed one in hospy being a nurse and it was awful.Im glad i havnt had to make that decision.Hubby wanted it done if we had a boy and i said no so we were arguing about it. I wouldnt personally as only a small amount of boys get it done now.Not like hubbys era when nearly all of them were done.Im not dissing you guys if you get it done its your choice afterall.Its one of those discussions isnt it!! No one is right or wrong.
    Ruby had an unsettled evening so it meant a good night for me! She had a feed at 8pm,12pm an 4am.Yippee.I needed a break as i was mega tired yesterday.
    Looked at some cars yesterday,hopefully today i may have one!

Hi all

Ive had a horrid night too, I was sick all yesterday with a migrane and last night fed her 120mls of formula and then 3 hours later breast. Then she seems to have vomited up black stuff and little blood too. Im going to ring GP now to find out why.. has this happened to any of you?

Bel
    xxx

mmm ring your gp straightaway belle! Could be that her throat may be irritated for some reason(reflux) or irritation of her tummy.That is not normal in bubs.Tell us whats going on when you find out! Im worried now.

Belle - Hope everything is ok with Julia!!!

Well girLS, I am NOW struggling a little now with this BFing thing. My supply which was drowning her at one stage...now seems to be going the opposite. My late night feeds are becoming an arduious task where she keeps struggling and pulling off the boobie and grunting etc. eventually she falls asleep on the boobie so I pop her to bed...but she then only naps for 20 minutes and starts grunting etc amd this goes on all morning...I am too exhausted to cluster feed at that time of the morning. I could only express 20 mls from both breasts last night, one side she hadnt fed off at all....so i am guessing my supply just isnt building back up for solid nite feeds. She sleeps her best solid sleep after her evening bottle of EBM...a good 4 hours...so I am going to express enough for 2 bottles today - 1 for her bedtime bottle and one for the 2am feed. I have also given her some formula today at 8am to give my supply a chance to build. I know they say the more you feed the better your supply will become at increasing...but it is tiring.
    I am also struggling with being attached to the boob all night and day...so I think EMB + formula + boobie will be our feeding structure until I see how I feel.

Hugs anbd kisses to all!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast