Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #8

Hi Ladies

Life is fine here in Namibia. I am hanging out for my parents to get here next Monday - will definitely be handing over some babysitting duties to them...have booked a hair appointment to get the works done, looking forward to it. But worried that Rylee will need feeding while I am there - I still can't get her to take a bottle (EBM or Formula) - Shellbelle - same problem here, she just won't take it in her mouth and gets frustrated. Will try some more this week - I am using the Avent bottles so might try pigeon....she won't take a dummy either - likes the boob too much!!!

Not much else to report - I think she is on an 8 week growth spurt if there is such a thing - has been feeding every two hours during the day and four at night - exhausting stuff. I am definitely all milked out now.

Better go - talk soon.
    Laurin

rach that was really good.

good luck with the needles charli.

had a crap night i was up every two hr with riley as he has a cold and having trouble breathing while laying down. so im sleeping sitting up on the lounge lol.

well im going to get ready for the day. lots to do and it never ends.

Adele

Rach its fantastic!! Aaron did one for millana.We downloaded a free program from windows and it brought me to tears.Well done.It took aaron 3hrs to do millanas an we still need to tweak it.
    Millana slept in a big girls bed twice! In the arvo and last night.Mind you i had to sit there for reassurance but this morning she was sitting up playing in her bed! Im so happy to get her out of the cot as ruby will need to be out of the bassinet shortly.
    Ruby had a great night.Slept from 730pm to 11pm and then till 1130-4am and now sleeping still!
    Okay come back later as hubby wants the desk for paperwork!

Charli- I find the first feed in the morning is the best time to express. i can usually get 80-100mls where if I try in the evenings i struggle cause it gets low at that time of the day. Also if you are just getting small amounts you could just freeze these each day so by the day you are planning to go out you'll have enough.

Rach75- that video is fantastic, bought tears to my eyes. I'd love to do something like that. Was it hard, how did you do it?

Laurin- I've bought the new tomee tipee bottle to try tonight, it does actually look like it will be the best cause they've made it to resemble a nipple. so we'll see how we go but decided this will be the one we will perservere with.

I have no idea how to express while bubs is on the other boob. I forgot who sugessted it, tried it but no way would it work! I need extra pair hands.

We are off to the GP today for our 6 week check so will be back later.

video looks great rach.
    needles for us today too.... hopefully we survive!!!

I wish I had an extra set of hands Nelle... an extra set of boobs would also be handy (preferably ones I can take off and hand over when bubs is hungry)... I dunno how I manage to express while feeding but somehow it just works - I guess when you have a bub that feeds two hourly during the day you've got to learn to multitask. Took a lot of practice to figure out tho!

My boobs were killing me last night as Xander slept through his night feed (yay!) - but whilst he was peacefully sleeping, I was up expressing my engorged boobies as they were too sore to sleep. I forgot who asked but yep, they feel 'internally bruised' this morning.

Good luck with the needles today Rikki and Charli! I'm sure Ainsleigh and Ambah will be just fine... and probably cope better than you! lol.

Laurin - good to hear from you and to hear all is going well.

YAAAAAAYYYYYY for Millana sleeping in the big girls bed! Hope she keeps doing that Caddie.

Maz - I think these littlr monsters of ours are just on one looooong growth spurt - since birth!

Have a good day chickees!

Just a quick post before I head off to the doctors (again)

Well Heath is finally starting to help out after I told him I might as well be a single mother. He just thinks I'm superwoman and can do it all. When he's home Nina is always on her best behaviour, so he doesn't see the monster in her. And he's not the one getting up to her half a dozen times a night.
    Nina is going through a really weird stage at the moment. Since the needles, she's been very clingy & sooky and has been having nightmares at night. Every time I put her down she'll scream & it'll take me half an hour to settle her. I've started making her go longer between feeds. She started feeding every 2 hours, so now I'm making her go every 3 hours that way she gets a proper feed and is a little more content in between feeds.
    We're off to the doctors to get her checked out & might get a referral for a Paeditrician.

I shower with Nina, have since day one. She has a shower with me in the mornings, and a bath in the big bath at night. We have a little seat thingy which she lies in, in the bath, she loves it!

To those getting needles today, good luck! Nina still isn't over hers, and it's been a week & half.

rach - that video was gorgeous.

to everyone else, hello haven't forgotten you, I've gotta run & get ready.
    Lets hope the doctor can sort this out

thanks for the video love

Shellbell I just followed what the site said you can add up to 100mb of pictures etc for free, it took a bit, as I used full resolution pics 600-800kb each but other than that easy easy

well I am so tired what a night, Jack went down at 9.30ishpm he slept till 1.30am ahhh bliss but then wouldn't go back to bed, not even in ours or on futon with me, so I was up till 4.45am he then slept till 5.10am time for another feed, I woke cranky our cat ****ed me off nearly tripped me twice then Jack kept spittingup his bottle and well I was tired and cranky and I swore at him jase got up and told me to hand him over he would do it and there was no need to swear at him I feel so bad, but I was so tired, anyway jase fed him then put him in crib, jase cam eback to bed for a bit and I said I was sorry, he said try to get some sleep today

anyway while jase was showering Jack started to cry all of 10min in crib so I went and got him and brought him into me, we then slept till 9.50am I had time to shower and eat something before he was awake properly, he then fed again and I have just popped him in bed at 11.20am, got some nappies to hang out then a little ironing when he has next feed I will have sleep after that

I am in tears thinking about the fact I got cross at a 5 week old

rach dont worry hun

we all go through it
    ive left it slip once before too and i made the mistake of telling my darling husband. he wont let me forget it now! hehe

i guess its a way of relieving our frustration even though we feel guilty afterwards
    your not alone. i have not done it since cause i feel soooo guilty for swearing the first time round lol

savanna has her 6 week check up appointment this afternoon although shes actually seven weeks now.
    i couldnt get an appointment last week. they bloody better bulk bill for her cause i gotta pay like $60 for myself alone grrrrr!!

what a beautiful day!! might take bubs and the dog for a nice walk
    Last edited by ambz; October 30th, 2006 at 11:50 AM.

hey girls,

what aheadache i got here. akira has a friend over and it is so nosie here that poor riley is just laying there awake trying to go to sleep poor thing.

well im going to sit outside to get some fresh air

adele

I havnt had ruby checked on for 6 weeks? Im getting it done at 8 weeks when she has needles.When i went to make an appoint they said the 6 week one was for me not the baby? Anyway i have it at the same time as ruby.
    She has been asllep since 730am,its now almost 1pm!! What the? She had a cuddle 2 hrs ago but thats it?

i had a nightmare with the needles. ainsleigh needs to have the alternate vaccinations as DH is a Torres Strait Islander... and of course the Dr did not have the alternate one in stock. So we had to head in to the clinic in the city, luckily i had another bottle in my bag. then a poor girl had broken down and the traffic was banked up..... so ainsleigh was screaming the whole drive home. just put her to bed and i can hear her starting up after a 15min nap. she screamed the building down when she had her needles too... and she had to have three on the alternate schedule. poor little chicken....

the immunisation clinic stuck the needle in the whole way too maz... must be a necessary thing.

rikki- How come Torres Strait Islander have to have alternate vaccination? Hope she settles down.

jodi_lee- Glad to hear that Heath is helping out a bit more. Ashleigh did the same thing for awhile was so good when Df was home that he thought my job was a breeze, was great first time he had to settle her when she was in a bad mood!

Rach75- Thanks rach, will have to check it out and see if I can do it, when i find the time. i hope jack is better for you tonight you poor thing, its easy sometimes to get frustrated with them, when you've done everything to make them happy and they just keep crying you want to tear your hair out!

Ashleigh's 6 week check up was good. Dr didn't check me though is she meant to? i am meant to get a pap smear at some stage but I'm not too keen as yet to have a metal thingy shoved up there!

Who mentioned bout this 6 week growth spurt? Ashleigh has been a bit funny she just wants to be on the boob all the time, i don't know if its just hunger or for comfort too, she been bit more grizzly too and is tired but just napping for 20 mins here and there. Oh well we shall see. As long as she is good overnight, thats most important.

well jack finallly fed at 1pm went down in my bed cried otherwise at 2pm we both slept there till 3.30pm jase got home trasferred him to his bed and we both jnust got up at 4.45pm

and to top that got 3 parcels of gifts for jack in mail

*fingers crossed* he sleeps tonight

shell i feel same about pap I asked for new referral to RE for pap he is gyno as well an the only dr to not hurt with pap he is so gentle lol

Oh girls, had such a scary experience today...Took River to have a shower with me, and it was all fun, washed our hair, had a cuddle, he started licking me, trying to lap up the water and got it all up his nose So I was moving myself to get us in a better position, looked back at him and he was PURPLE! :eek: And not breathing. So I chucked him upside down and gave him a whack on the back, and heard him struggling to breathe, so flipped him and whacked him again til I heard him breathe, and he had all this mucous coming out his nose...Oh man it was so scary. I thought he was going to die, I honestly thought I'd lose him...

Lucky my hospital appt was not long after, and she wasn't too concerned, though she agreed it was scary, said that the water up his nose, or the steam must have dislodged some mucous and he didn't know what to do with it...
    But how the heck do I stop it from happening again??? I don't want to become paranoid..

The pharmacist suggested saline nose drops, which I have, and also burning eucalyptus oil in his room. I already have his head elevated in his bed... Any ideas girls?
    I might put some eucalyptus on his spew nappy he sleeps on too...

But apart from that, I got some grocery shopping done, and Rans met me at the shops after work and we walked and got slurpees It's a really nice day here today, so different from chilly yesterday!

Bummer about the 3 needles Rikki, hope Ainsleigh's settled now.

Jodi, I've had the single mum thought too, though then Rans goes, but what about when I do this and this? And I go, oh yeah...but there's always so much more to be done!
    What did the dr end up saying?

Wow Caddie, that's a long time to be settled! How did she go the rest of today?

Shell, the midwife suggested I visit my gp at 6 weeks for Riv to get a head to toe checkup, get bloods done (to check my iron...better get onto those supplements again!), have a pap smear, and discuss contraception options.

Oh Ambz and Rach...I've been guilty of telling River to just SHUT UP!! And I never tell anyone to shut up, just a me thing...And when he wants his dummy and then won't suck it, just cries while I'm trying to put it in...it takes so much self control to be gentle while putting it in and not to throw it against the wall! (Actually, I probably would, except then I'd have to go out and buy more, and who can be bothered..)

Well, probably a bajillion of you have posted while I've been writing this, but thanks so much for being here to debrief, I still get a bit teary when I think about how scary this morning was...
    Take care girls! xo

well the doctor said that Nina is teething :eek: , so that, and the needles, and going through a growth spurt on top of it all is probably contributing to her being so unsettled. He's going to talk with the Paeditrician to rule out anything out. I've bought some teething rattles & Bonjela and hopes all that helps. The bonjela is recommended from 4 months, but the pharmacist said just a small amount should be ok. I've also got Panadol on hand if necessary. The poor little monster, she's way too young to be going through this.

rikki - i thinks it's normal to have 3 needles. Nina had 3 as well. I hope she settles well after them.

nelle - that would have been so scary for you. Can you maybe leave the door open so it doesn't get too steamy? I never even thought about something like that happening. I just take her in with me and shower her! I'd better be more careful in the future.

sorry you had such a scary experience nelle. you can get a little puffer thing that sucks the boogers out of their nose, but i used to pull them out when ainsleigh was in the shower.... when she breathed they used to come out a little way and it was like catching a mouse coming out of the mouse hole! in an emergency, you can suck them out too. i know it sounds gross but if his life depended on it i know you would do it.

huge hugs to you. ains is very unsettled tonight due to needles, she had to have a different one as they have found that the TI babies don't build up enough immunity with one of them so they need a stronger dose... i think that is it? anyway, as long as she is healthy. i thought they only had two needles at 8 weeks jodi, but obviously not! i thought my poor girl suffered more than most, but just the same

best dash, girl is squawking and my dad just rang and invited himself for dinner so i better go and cook! have a good night

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast