Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #91

Helen.. oh how exciting a new car!!

Marni.. um.. only advise i can give is from my brother and sister. We were all 4 years apart and i think that was too big of a gap. My sister was the oldest and im the youngest and by the time i started to get close to my sister she was moving out of home and it just didnt end up happening. We've only started to get close now that Jesse has come along. My bubs and DS will be about 23 months apart. I think that will be fine, otherwise if i was to choose exactly when id say anywhere around 2 or 3 years apart. (i was going for a 2 year gap as i didnt think id fall pregnant first go!)

Yep raining here too! And loving it. Just went and did the grocery shopping with DH. Just about to give Jesse his lunch then he can have a nap and i might go up the shops with a gf for a coffee!

I suppose there are pro's and cons for all age gaps and how well children get along with each other will just depend on there personalities. My sister and I are best of friends and we are nearly 5 years apart. My brothers are in between us so they're only 2 years apart from each other and not so close.

Ambz- Ooh anymore contractions?

Ness- I loved that pic of your girls together asleep. You get such good shots of them both.

Belle- they're so cute doing that drunken walk and its funny when they first start trying out there running.

Caddie- Guess what, that card I sent you (with wrong address) actually turned back up here today after all that time, so I'll be resending it out over weekend. (with correct address!).

Off to gymbaroo soonish so better get myself sorted.

Anyone heard any news from MAZ? im bit worried? havent heard anything for a while. ITs her b'day this weekend too, fingers crossed her and Mat can come home.

Shell.. yeh my sister is 8 years older then me. So by the time we started to get close (when i was about 10) she was moving out.

Hope Maz is ok too.

far out someone is knocking on my door scared the crap out of me, we live in a security building, no way im answering it... eeek

Kell - how you doing mate?

Ness, whats happening anything interesting today?

Thank god Julia is sleeping right now,, still got the worst morning sickness cant shift it.

Jodes and Anna, hope you are having fun at work mates.

Back little later.

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; February 1st, 2008 at 01:20 PM.

age gap between

#2 and #3.. 2.5years...i found this great
    #3 and #4.. 13months..hard work
    #4 and #5.. 14.5 months...what was i thinking??
    #5 and #6.. 9 years...great
    #6 and #7.. will be 20months..only time will tell

thinking of you maz

goodluck ambz

Maz...been reading bout you round the traps...big hugs, still praying hon. :hugs:

Tried to have a nap before, but River would have NONE of it! Argh!! I have a hyperactive overtired toddler!! He's eaten though, so perhaps he'll go down soon? And Rans is in bed. He'd better get well soon, this was supposed to be my weekend off, since he was out all last weekend and Tuesday arvo/night! I want a break!!

I think you can make any age gap work Marni - depends on what your priorities are - do you want to have them all at once, they'll play together, but also work together to drive you nuts! And then they'll all be at school sooner and you can get back into career or whatever. Or do you want them far apart, you can dedicate much time to them in toddlerhood, you'll be older by the time the last is born, older kids can help with younger ones, they might not want to play together, or have much in common.
    My bias lies towards having them together, but that's just cos that's what dh and I experienced, and really liked the playtime and r/ships we have with our siblings.

Ness, that was a cute pic.

Belle! That's great that Miss Goolia's walking! Good on her! River shuffles along on his knees I try to tell him that even crawling's faster, but...it's his personality coming out, he's not a risk taker, won't walk if he might fall. He won't walk til he's sure he can, I don't reckon.

Thanks everyone, from what everyone has told me somewhere around the 2 year gap seems to be really workable. I think I am just scared - it's not like we can change our minds half way through!

Hope everyone enjoys a helathy and relaxing weekend. Tiana has her first kindergym class in the morning so I'm very excited!
    Marni

We've had a nice day today, busy but good busy. Gymbaroo was great today, other terms we just go irregularly but this time I think I'll go more often cause she just seemed to enjoy it so much more. Its funny cause we've had 6 weeks off for holidays and come back and such a change, she is attempting new things, wanst to try climb on everything!

Marni- Is kindergym like gymbaroo? It sounds alot the same.

belle- i sure hope that bloody m/s will settle down soon for you.

I'm hoping everything is going ok with Maz.

I too am scared of having another one, part of my prob is having PND first time, I don't want it again! Anyway Shell, I think you and I will be buddies. Originally DH and I were saying we will TTC in London, but I don't think that it will happen as we will be pretty much sharing a room with J or DH's family! So it looks like June for us.

Chrissy - I noticed you have picked a name! At your house, do the kids get a say in the name, or just you and DH?

Ness - I am sure there was something I was going to tell you, but I have forgotten!!!

I am feelin sick, so off to bed....

ETA Yay on Julia and her drunken walk!
    Last edited by lilima; February 1st, 2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Julia

megiemoppit - I had PND as well after a stressful pregnancy and birth and then the first few weeks but now Tiana is wonderful and she makes me smile more than anything. I think that I have forgotten enough to do it again and I really think a sibling would be good for her.

shellbelle3 - I'm pretty sure that they are basically the same. The one Tiana is enrolled in is held at the gymnastics centre in my area. Tiana is so full of energy I am hoping that an hour of this will wear her out a bit and I think she will love it!

Take care all

Marni

Marni- I have PND also, and am pregnant again..

Meg mate - i was in your place for quite a while not wanting it again after the birth of my next child. I have plans in place to prevent this time. Mind you you know im still taking my meds now...but 1/2 the dose..

Shell & Nelle thanks mates.

Nelle - Julia only walks when she feels like it shes very miss independant atm. how cute of Riv...

Shell - hows Ash? is she knackered after gymbaroo? We start swimming lessons next week so shall be fun. Think the m/s is here to stay... spoke to my OB today about it and she say its a good sign.

Sorry havent been around all but been worried about this pregnancy and placenta at the front and sticking to my c/s scar. OB called today she told me that have to wait until 19 week scan to see if all ok ... so counting down to 10 March... sigh.

Night all off to bed.

Belle - are you allowed to stay on your meds? My doctor wants me to come off of them before TTC. I am down to 50mg every second day so I am nearly there!

Tiana isn't going to kindygym today She has been sick since Tuesday but I thought that she was on the mend. I was wrong and I don't know what else to do for her.

Marni

Hey Marni, depends what you are on, im on 20mg of Ciprimil every 2nd day. Safe in pregnancy, had my NT scan all is good. Are you on Zoloft?

Hi Marni
    I have almsot 2 1/2 years exactly between by DD & DS. For me this age is perfect.. and if we have a 3rd i would be trying to get this age gap again.

Belle, yay on the meds reduction. I didn't realise your meds had been reduced. That is awesome!

Marni - I was on Zoloft. You should make your was over to the depression and anxiety forum. It is a private forum, so you will have to ask permission to join, but the girls there will answer any questions that you might have. Belle and I are there.

Shell - Glad she is liking Gymbaroo.

I have got a really bad cold. Sitting here with a lemsip....

I am starting to get ****ed off at Df, last weekend he went out Fri and Sat night and now this weekend the same. But me I just sit at home. Our deal always was he could have one night a week go out with his mates get drunk whatever, but now he seems to think he can do what he likes. If I want to do something I have to plan it, him he just tells me 'oh I'm going to the cricket tonight' (he tells me this at 4pm yest then leaves at 5pm) then hes going out again tonight. grrr. Where is my free time?

Ok just needed to vent that out!

*Nessa* Guest

Shell- same thing here, DH thinks he can come and go freely. Big Hug hun

Marni- i am on zoloft and have been all this pg except for the first 13 weeks where i refused to take the tablets and i hit rock bottom really badly. Almost ended up admiting myself to the hospital. I see a ob at the public hosp who is monitoring mine and bubs progress and she seems to think that the positives outweigh the negatives with regards to my taking my meds.

Belle- congrats on the meds being lowered.

Maz- still thinking about you.

ok off to get dressed

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast