Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #96

Rach-owie, I hope it doesnt hurt getting it off. Well I know they will use local but afterwards when it wears off. It is a worry but at least you are on top of it and had a skin check. I have been thinking of getting one, I think I will book myself in in the next mth.

Shell-I am so sorry but PMSL. Does she like the shower? We have one that turns into a hand held, we put the mat down in the shower and sit Eithan down with it and he has a good hose around and on himself, plus he still gets washed and he loves it.

Caddie-Poor Ruby, that sounds really painful. As long as she is drinking I guess that's the most important thing but it still must be awful to have her not eating.

Kell-I have always used my bumg without a liner whether he has cream on or not and it hasnt damaged them, but I guess it depends on how much sticks to the nappy. You might need to do a good rinse under the tap before washing. I dont know I tend to just do what I need to and think later, LOL. I just brought a whole heap more bumg's today, so I am so excited to get the mail in a couple of days. I have brought some v3.0, what do you have? I currently have v2.0 and they are good so am looking forward to checking out the differences.

Jodi-Ouch on 10 weeks of an engaged baby head. I hope that you get the room sorted out easily.

Chrissy-Awwww you chose Liam for his name, that is absolutely beautiful. So sorry to hear that he possibly has a heart problem. At least you will be giving birth in a different hospital that can handle it if it eventuates. All the best hun, try to relax (yeah I know not that easy).

Laurin-How is Riley sleeping now. Is she still a terror to get to bed or is she calmer now. By this age Bella would go to bed ok but it was still late at night, but at least the tantrum vomits had stopped. I hope that she is better.

Meg-Wow how long before you go to London now? Maybe you dont have to actively seek out TTC while you are away, but throw away the condoms or the pill and just take it how it comes anyway. I am sure you guys could be quiet enough not to wake James.LOL

Nelle-My official take on little bubba is that it is a little boy. Not long now. Do you have everything ready?

We are thinking of getting some bunk beds soon so that Bella and Eithan can share a room. Bella is big enough now to go on the top bunk. However we are going to buy a set of beautiful wooden ones that has a double bed on the bottom. It will eventually be for Bella's room when we build and then Eithan can have Bella's single bed. So Eithan's first bed will be a double. I just hope he goes back into a single ok.

Hi to everyone else.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; March 13th, 2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling issues, LOL

am trying not to worry nelle but when they keep saying your fairly young to be getting BCC its not a mole but actual sunspot and its thru a skin cancer clinic rather than a dr,so they only take out when necessary IYKWIM!!! just freaks me out the malignant sun spot and your very young for this does this mean I am going to have more anyway am going to try not to think about it, excoet of course its sore today I hadn't even noticed it till she showed me, its a little pink mark under my bra strap here I was worried bout this dark mole on my back

Rach- That doesn't sound like fun at all. At least they have noticed it and you can get it sorted out before things got any worse. Guess it pays to get yourself checked over. Hope its not too painful for you.

HelenP- She's not huge fan of shower, just bath turned bad this time cause of her hissy fit. So when do you start building? How long do they estimate til it'll all be complete?

Nelle- When I look at your ticker and see 19 days til due I nearly died that its so close! I'm thinking boy too??? But who knows lately girls seem to be the flavour! Are you managing to get some rest/ naps in during the day? Maybe someone can watch Riv when your having a really tired day and you take a sleep? I hope you have air con too for this heat wave thats coming.

Speaking of heat waves I hope Ness is going ok, I read Adelaide had 11 days straight of 35+ temps and set to continue!

Kell- Ash isn't too bad with vegies, she won't eat as finger food though I still have to mash all her veg together and sometimes mix in bit of milk or creamed corn or white sauce to moisten them bit more. I guess if he likes potato and pumpkin go with that and just offer another sort with them?

Chrissy- hope the Dr sorts her out so you can get some rest! Alot things seem to be going round at moment, kids seem to be getting ear infections and tonsillitis. Hope you are getting some chance to put your feet up.

Laurin- i have seen those bath crayons, think I'll have to buy some and try out, I bet she'll love them.

Jodi- That'd be great if you got to meet up with Rikki, haven't seen her in here for awhile so you can catch us up on how they are!

God, I better get my butt off here, Ash is smelling pooey and need to leave to drop her off to IL's and go to work!

Nelle.. thanks! The papaw i have is the red jar. It just says contains Potassium Sorbate 0.1 mg/g as Preservative, otherwise is just says 39mg/g Fresh Fermented Fruit. I have some flushable liners but they seem uncumfortable for him and i dont think are helping his nappy rash any. I got them so i didnt have to scrape the poo off and could just flush the lot but since the other day when the poo missed the liner and i saw that it just rolls off, seems easy to me. Might put a tiny bit on top of the nappy before it goes in the washing machine and see what happens.

Rach.. thanks. yep have tried the fish fingers and pototo ones and hes been fine with those, but theyre pretty expensive so was just kinda looking if there were other options. Might just do that though, grab a box and give them a couple times a week. He eats banana's, yogurt, cheese and all that stuff.. its just when it comes to vegies, like his father, he doesnt want a bar of them. Might even look into getting some vitamins for him.

Helen.. oh i didnt know you used bumgenius! Oh i think theyre great! I havent used any other cloth nappy though, but im really happy with these ones. Especially since ill be able to use them on both Jesse and the baby. I have the v3.0. My girlfriend and another mum from mum's group got me onto them. They started out with the v2.0 and said how good they were. Theyve said they cant tell much difference though apart from the back i think? Plus you get the extra liner too. Let me know what you think. I currently only have 8 but will be grabbing a few more once i gather up some more money. Where did you get yours from? Will be great getting some new ones in the mail! Oh that sounds like a good idea. Im sure Eithan will be fine going from a double to a single.

Shell.. Yeh he doesnt like eating any dinner i give him off a spoon no more. But thats an idea. Mum use to make potato cakes which is basically just mashed potato into cakes, binded with egg, rolled in flour and fried in a pan. I might mash up some vegies and mix it in with the pototo cakes, maybe make some pumpkin ones, that way he can pick them up and eat them himself. Thank you, youve given me some ideas!

Have been busy all morning doing some house work. Just fed Jess his lunch and am sitting down for 5 minutes. Might go grab some lunch.

Helen and Shell not so worried bout the pain but more the thought of a cancer spot on me

Kelly how many would he eat at one go, the vegie patty ones are like 8 for $4 Jack will have 1 of those and some chicken or sausage so 50c for vegie portion not too bad

well I am getting uterly frustrated with little girl today, she is too be honest ****ing me off, she is in foul mood, and being quite bully like towards Jack and off course he wont fight back just whinge she was to be picked up at lunch but the mum said she is being picked up at 2.30pm am supposed to be ready to pick jase from work at 3pm everything is packed, just esky to pack and a few little things

Jase has the car so am waiting for him to bring home so we can pack it...long day....stillhave to do floors, I am so tired and cranky

anyway best keep mooving and stop procrastinating

i have had around 10 basal cell carinovas(sp) removed, 6 have been on my face, i have the skin for it fair skin and freckles, so i go to the skin cancer clinic every six months to be checked, not pleasant, but something i have to live with...

caity is aok, not much i can give her bar panadol, and she has been asleep now for 2 hours and even drank a bottle, so she mucst be getting a bit better, now i better go and sleep.

Chrissy-Glad to hear that Caity seems to be getting better.

Kell-I have 6 BBH-hemp and 6 BBH-bamboo, I have some BBH covers, a tots bot cover(my fave is orange with white stars, plus it keeps everything in), I have a black minky berryplush- which I love but he has grown out of, I only have the one bumG in blue and I have one blueberry one-size minky in green camo. The blueberry minky is my absolute favourite and I would have him in these consitently however they cost quite a few $$$$ so I will have to make do with one. I will PM you the store I got the bumG's from.

Shell-Goodluck with bathing, Eithan hates the shower too but the handheld reaches the floor and we put it in with him like a sprinkler which helps, plus we have no bath at the moment.

Well I better go have basically done no housework and need to cook tea.

Love

Hey girls..

I'm home off work this week, so thought I'd stop by and say a big hello to you all! Seems I never have time to come online anymore... I'm loving being back at work, feel like I have a life again other than endless nappies, tantrums and living the life where the biggest decision I make is what to cook for dinner! Scott and I have decided 100% that we are not having another bubba. Don't get me wrong, I totally applaud those of you who can stay home with their kids all day, the amount of work you put in is phenomenal - I know I do a great job with Xander, but I am so not a 'mummy' type of girl, I love the corporate world.

Xander is doing so well, he's a real character. He is chatting heaps and getting into lots of trouble (as all good toddlers should). He is loving daycare, and I must say, he has been so much better for going - I just wish he would sleep through at night (he still doesn't and then wakes at 6am). He is getting pretty big, he weighs in at 12kgs but still a bit of a shorty.

Bel - I was so happy to hear your news when you rang to tell me you were having a baby girl. How exciting!!!! I bet you guys are pretty stoked as well, at least Julia's handmedowns will get some wear. How's the househunting going?

we're just about to start renovating, I finally get my new kitchen! woo hoo.

Bit of sad news, my dog got attacked by an off lead pit bull the other day, the other dog nearly killed her. It was a totally unprovoked attack, the dog just came running from nowhere. Hence why I am off work, my poor girl was so badly injured that I have had to take time off work to care for her - she will be ok tho. Poor Xander got the scare of his life, what a horrible thing for a toddler to watch.

Off to read and catch up on all the news in here. Take care

Anna - great to hear from you, so sorry to hear about your poor dog, that is a horrible thing to happen. Yay to you on being back at work and enjoying that is great, Happy Mummy = Happy Baby, etc and good on you and Scott for making a decision.

Rach - good on your for getting yourself checked out, hope everything goes smoothly with it coming off and no further problems.

Helen - great idea on the bunk beds they are such a great space saver. Amazingly enough for the last week Rylee has been going down to bed really well, wakes in the early morning and plays up a bit but I am working on it, thanks for asking.

Chrissy - how is Caity now - hope she is on the mend so you can get some sleep and look after yourself and little Liam.

Okay, sorry, gotta go and have a sandwich, too hot to heat anything else, poor Rylee's room is really hot only has ceiling fans, and there is a huntsman in the kitchen......

Till the morrow
    Laurin

Anna- Great to hear from you again, sad though that you off work cause your poor dog how awful. Thank god he is going to be alright bet you are giving him lots TLC. Thats great you've worked out a good balance with home and work life. And now you've decided not to go for #2 you can avoid all that stress off ttc.

Laurin- God you freaked me out mentioning spiders. I would not be able to sleep til it was dead! I hope you got rid of it. God I'd be screaming the house down. We bought for Ashleigh's room one of those portable air cons. Does great job cooling it down but they can be bit expensive. Guess it depends if you will be using it years to come be good investment. I know recently they were on sale but now this heat wave has come they've prolly pushed the prices up again.

Chrissy- how is Caity today? Did the Dr think it was virus or something?

Kell- That reminds me we used to have similar type things as kids. And with leftover vegies dad would mush it all together and make a pattie and cook frying pan and they were so yummy.

I think I'll be skipping gymbaroo today. last one for term but just too hot to go out and I don't think the hall is well air con if at all. Ash had good play outside this morn so think it'll be an inside rest of day.

No the spider is still in the kitchen, I am such a wimp, can't near it.....oh man it is so hot........can't think straight... bbl

Hi Anna,
    Nice to hear from you again. I am glad that you are settled back at work, and that Xander is doign well in childcare.

Shell - I agree. Too hot for Gymbaroo.

Laurin - I think that spider is destined to live out the rest of his life in your kitchen!

Helen - My fave is also blueberry minky. Mine is the same as your by the sound of it, but in blue camo!

Rach - wishing you well with the sunspot. I am sure it will be fine.

wow Chrissy. Did you spend a lot of time in the sun as a child??

Hi to everyone else. maz, AnnaT, Nelle, Belle, Ness, Annie, Ambz, Rikki, Caddie, Jodi, Marni. My mind is blank. That everyone I can think of at the moment

Off to my mums now. Got to get ready for the Tea Ceremony. Then the wedding tomorrow!

J is being a little bugger. Only doing 1 hr day sleeps now, and not wanting to go to bed till 8:30. then he is up again at 6:30. Oh well obviously he doesn't need the sleep as he is not cranky!!

yay, got the spider.....now safely outside where he belongs

J is being a little bugger. Only doing 1 hr day sleeps now, and not wanting to go to bed till 8:30. then he is up again at 6:30. Oh well obviously he doesn't need the sleep as he is not cranky!!
    That sounds exactly like Xander!!!! 'Cept he gets up before 6am.

Yah got my fluffy mail today, ordered it yesterday and got it today, gotta love that. My fave colour is grasshopper, I want more.LOL.

Meg-Yep I know the colour, I wanted the blue but because I had to beg to get one Leith got to pick the colour so we got the green.

Hope everyone is ok in the heat.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; March 14th, 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Shell - have the tantrums in the bath continued? I had to laugh it sounds just like something Tiana would do.

Belle - Congratulations on your healthy baby girl. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and quick

Boo Boo- What are bath crayons?

Kellxx - If you find a way to get veg in let me know. Tiana wont eat any or fruit and thats with hiding them in everything and trying chicken and fish and veg patties. All she will eat is mashed potato. She wont eat mine either only frozen mashed potato.

Rach75 - I hope you have a lovely holiday and easter!

Sorry to all I missed I didnt read all the posts. We have only gotten back from visiting my sister in Sydney and Tiana has a cold (again!) and is still teething. Her gums are bleeding and I feel terrible cos there just isnt much I can do. We have one more bottom molar and her first eye tooth has cut - all overnite. It can only get better!

Have a lovely weekend.

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi everyone. This Is Nessa (borrowing Nats user name)

Just wanted to tell you my news

I have a induction date booked!!! for the 25th of March.

I have still been having borderline high BP but bubs growth has dropped off. They want me to get to 38 weeks though.

I am being watched by her midwives til that date and if hmy BP rises more I could still possibly go earlier but bubs will def be evicted by the 25th.

I miss you all and hope you are all well.

and Yes this heat does suck!!! Thanks for thinking of me

dont worry ladies i am still lurking.

Kell will keep you all updated for me
    Last edited by Taia's Mum; March 14th, 2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: hehe revealed myself!!!!

oh ness your so naughty.lol
    Congrats on the date!!! How exciting for you.Cant wait to hear the details!
    Ps:will send your door frame monday.Got in a jam with the banking today but thats another story.
    I think im getting a cold. damn

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast