Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #96

I must've passed my cold onto you Caddie, my feeling crappy the other day has now turned into full blown cold. Called in sick to work today.

Thanks Nat for popping in. Not long now Ness! how excititng. The heat prolly isn't helping things much either.

Marni- Oh poor Tiana she is teething badly, have you got bonjella? If its really bad I resort to baby nurofen that seems to work well. Hope you had a good time seeing your sister.

Anyone know much bout Tiger airlines? Good or bad stories? Just cause there flights are alot cheaper so I'm thinking of using them when we fly to Adelaide in July.

Glad all is looking up for you anna. Hows your dog? How did xander go with his grommets and hows rikki and ainsleigh.
    Yep sore throat and feel crappy.Which is a bummer because i have orders for my baby boxes and the markets which i need to get cracking on. I only got 4 weeks to the markets! eekk.
    Ruby wouldnt go back to sleep at 345am this morn unless i slept with her. So i basically held her for 1hr and then turfed her back in her cot and voila awake at 630am.
    Shell i hope your cold doesnt last long,i dont want mine too becausei have my first ever coeliac expo in perth and i am kid free too. I am going with my mum tommorow.
    Anyone heard from maz?

rain rain go away come again another day ........ (this is Nina's favourite song ATM!)
    It's been raining her non-stop for about 3 weeks. We had ONE sunny day last Saturday, and I spent the whole day doing washing. Now a week later, my laundry is full again. We have a clothes line in the patio, but it takes forever for it to dry. I don't have a dryer and I won't buy one either, I hate them. aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Nina is still asleep, Saturday's are her sleep in days. Which gives me some me time for once. She started getting a rash yesterday, which I'm keeping an eye on. I know there's a small chance of contracting chicken pox after having the vaccination. And we've had a break out of measles here ATM.

Now, this might seem like a really strange question, but do you think if when you're pg, and bubs turns, you could possible feel it, or feel as though bub is sitting the wrong way What I mean is, I feel as though Emily has done a 180 and turned upside down. It could be just paranoia, but I have a really strong feeling that's the case.

shell / caddie - hope you 2 don't get too sick.
    shell - I haven't heard much about that airline.
    caddie - you poor thing. Is Ruby sick, or just wanting mummy around?
    anna** - so good to hear everything is going well with you and Xander. That's awful what happened to your dog. Hopefully she's recovering well. I'm sure she's getting lots of mummy cuddles And I agree, not a nice thing for Xander to witness.

ETA: just got a text from a friend to say her bubba has finally arrived, at midnight last night!! A baby girl. Mum was 1.5 weeks over, and bub only weighed 3.07kg!!
    Last edited by Visitor7; March 15th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.

Jodi- God send some of that rain this way! Its weird to think how we are having heat wave and on strict water restrictions and you are having all this rain! God should spread it out evenly.
    Umm as to your question you prolly could feel her turn round. They say too with your second pregnancy you are more aware of what your bub is doing. Maybe she is destined to be a future gymnast for Australia.
    Oh and congrats to your friend. Have they named her yet?

Caddie- Wow I didn't even think they had coeliac expo's. thatd be good you'll prolly get samples to try and recipes and stuff. How is Ruby going? Are the ulcers getting better?

No name yet.
    It's weird isn't it. We don't have water restrictions up here. We get so much rain each year that we don't need it. If I could send some your way, I certainly would. I'm over it!

hi girls

nessa..wow not long now girl, i cant imagine how your coping with all that hot weather in adelaide, we have had a very mild summer this year.

caddie..hope you dont get that sick hun.

anna..lovely to hear from you, how is your dog now?

jodi..im not 100% on that question, but i reckon liam has dropped down as i have been in so much pain in my lower back these last couple of days, and last night i was up every 45minutes to wee, it drove me batty

shell..i have only heard of all the bad media from tiger airlines, so i really dont know, but i hope you start feeling better soon.

caity is alot better now, and last night was the first night she didnt spew all over her bed, so im gonna catch up on some well deserved r&r when she has her lunchtime nap. The kids have just finished there sat jobs....dishes, vacum,wash walls in kitchen and scrub the kitcen floor......gee there is a good side to them growing up

chrissy - now that your kids have finished their duties at your place, can you send them up this way. I have a few jobs around here that will keep them busy

How are all the aches and pains going. You getting some relief? Obviously not though, if you were up every 45 min peeing! Are you at the stage that rolling over in bed, or simply getting out of bed takes a huge amount of energy out of you, and you hope that the feeling of needing to pee might go away if you lay there long enough (or is that just me who wishes that would happen )

My next GP app is after Easter, so I'll be interested to see where Emily is. She's definitely sitting very low, but I just can't shake the thought that it's her bum sitting in my pelvis. God I hope not. She's been such a good girl since 18 weeks, being head down. All I need is for that to happen.

ETA: I just noticed I'm 31 weeks today! woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jodi..that sounds exactly how im feeling, we have a 2 story house and as soon as i walk upstairs, im puffing like i have run a marathon, and i have to sit to rest as soon as im there, the other day i was on the verge of collapsing as i was so weak and puffed, so i have to watch that.

Just popping on quickly, at mum and dads, stealing their evaporative coolness. Our aircon's a bit overwhelmed!

How hot is it! Unbelievable.

By the way, if you ever start to wonder about Maz, check the cloth nappy chatter - she seems to only have time to post in one place at a time, when you guys start to wonder, she's just posted in cloth nappies, and when the cloth nappy people start to wonder, she's just posted in here! So she's around, for sure, just a busy bee I guess!

Ick, off to get an icypole or something.

chrissy - I was talking to a lady at the shops today who had 2 kids with her and was 39 weeks pg. Her belly was around the same size as mine, so I was a little surprised to hear she only had a week to go. But we got talking, and it turns out she already has 6 kids, and this is her 7th (not including one she miscarried). Heath and I almost fell over!! I thought of you straight away. I really don't know how she and you do it. Her kids ranged from 2 to 16 (I think that's what she said).

nelle - enjoy your icy pole!! How are you travelling along?

Nina is full of energy today. The 14.5 hour sleep last night must have done her good. She and Heath and racing each other up the hall, to see who can reach mummy first!!
    We had her in a pair of overalls today, and she looked so cute, and grown up. I took a pic, dunno how it turned out, but I'll upload it to show you all how much she's grown up the past few weeks.

Time to get a milo, I'm craving one ATM.

Guys, forgot to let you know that my brother and his girlfriend had their first baby in Feb, a little boy named Kye Stephen.

Talking about lots of kids, my SIL is pregnant with her 6th baby. Her youngest is 19mths old and her youngest is 8 1/2. They say this is their last baby, but I cant see that happening.LOL.

Anyways Eithan has a burnt bum from poohey nappies, other than that we are coasting along reasonably.

Love

hi ya girls

yeah im still around...I read..you know. girls were having a good convo and I didnt want to interupt at all either.

Im busy....had a few appointments for Wihelm this week gone with the school and this week coming we have 2 appointments at the Royal Childrens for Mateauz. Ones for the Nureo surgen adn the other is for the Hemotoligist. Will be interesting. Mateauz is still going strong..still BF (YAY!!!) and ive had to put him in his cot cause he's worked out how to roll onto his side andg ets stuck side ways in his bassinet.

NOw enought of my $hit..im not here to make a blog entry and forget you girls

caddie- hon Im going to have to buy some of your beautiful designs. You are one talents woman and you amke me wish that I had more time and energy to scrap. Good on you for finding something that your good at and being able to make some $$ from it.

Anna - hi ya honey! I so have to give you a call...im sorry ive been slack. So proud of you for getting 'well' so to speak and finding your feet again. It must have been a big decission for you.

Rikki - hows Ainsleigh hun? how are you adn Sam going?

Chrissy - if a DVD box get delivered next week be carefull opening it..its going to explode pmsl. Hope you are well hun and that your resting as mucha s you can.

Ness - if your out their in stalks ville I hope that your keeping cool and not sweeting to much!

Kell - how ya going with your princess in there?

AnnaT - I havent read anywere but did you have luck relatching at all?

Helen - owie on Eithans bum...we're going through the same here atm.

Nelle - hows your sciatic nerve?

Jodi - send the rain this way hun.....im over the heat and dryness. hope your looking after yourself.

sharl's - how are you hunny? Hows your beautiful family?

Annie - are you still around babe? how have you been stranger? hope your keeping well.

Laurin - are you back in Mt Eliza? I bet you must be so happy to be back if you are.

Marni - how was Sydney matie? did you have a great time

Shell - Hows things chickie? keeping up with the footy? I think of you shooting at the radio now when ever I see a foot commercial of tv. did you ever get the pattern I sent you? and what were you sewing the other week?

Hello to ANYONE I missed! Im sorry my head isnt with it atm...bit over stressed.

Oh and Belle rang me from the hospital last night.....Julia has a high temp and slept for 4 hours so they took her to emergency. She has an infection and will phone Belle to let her know the results of her blood tests and urines today. Please think of poorlittle Julia and pray that she gets better.

ok bb monster wants his girls

Maz - what a fantastic post, yep Rylee and I are back in Mt Eliza and loving it and DH commutes between here and Johannesburg every six weeks.

Belle - thinking of you and little Julia - hope she is on the mend - how worrying for you hun - big hugs to you all!!!!!!

Helen -wow on your sil - her kids must be all pretty close in age.

Shell and Caddie - how are you guys feeling today.

Okay better go, I have been cleaning all morning so better go and entertain miss R.

BBL
    Laurin

Hi girls, MAZ thanks for posting.

We had to take Julia to hospital last night, poor chicken wasnt well all day and slept for 4 hours in arvo and didnt want to get out of bed so unlike her, took her temp was 38.5 and gave her panadol but she thew it up so we took her to emergency, her temp there was 39.5 very worrying so they gave her nurofen and kept watch, the wouldnt drink water or milk so was very worrying about dehydration, they wanted bloods and urine she was very brave but she wouldnt wee for hours so at 12.30am they had to use a catheter, poor girl, I couldnt look she was so brave. Bloods came back with infection so until they test the urine properly should be today they cant tell us what kind of infection she has, she also has a sore through, so at the moment they are thinking viral as the quick dip test on the urine was ok so not a UTI they think they they have to make sure. They let us go home at 1.30am in the morning but her temps are still high 38.5 even with panadola and nurofen. Please think of Julia girls. Hope she recovers quickly and soon. She has eating little bit of banana and raisin bread her two favourites and has some sips of water which is great improvement. So just waiting on test results and see whether we have to bring her back to hospital or not for antibiotics.

Bel
    xxx

Belle- oh poor Julia. I'll be thinking of her, such a worry when they are sick. if the blood tests showed an infection they should also show what type (such as what is growing not where it is) and then usually sensitivitie results follow which is where they find out what antibiotics can fight it and what won't. So hopefully they'll sort it all out today.

Laurin- I'm not too bad today, just sniffly and bit of cough. when is your Dh back next?

Maz- You do sound busy. Let us know how Mats appt's go this week. Lol at him rolling in the bassinet, he is cheeky one! I never did get that pattern , god knows where in the world it is now! I ended up buying one and thats what I've been sewing (still going)

HelenP- Congrats to your bro. How are they going with there new little bubba? Have your chest pains settled?

Chrissy- We're in a 2 story place too and i get puffy now going up and down! I worry how I'll be when pregnant again.

Nelle- How you coping in the heat today? I'm so thankful we have aircon!

We've been quite productive today cleaning here but now both Df and I have exhausted ourselves, he is having nap while Ash is in bed.
    Thank god Ash is sleeping today she wouldn't have nap yesterday way too wound up so of course last night she was getting very cranky.

awww Belle both you and Julia are very brave, it is so hard to see them when they are sick and they look so vulnerable, praying for you!!!

Roll on cool change....

belle - That's awful about Julia. I really hope she recovers soon. How has she been today? Please keep us updated as much as you're able to.

Yep my SIL childrens ages are close, 8 1/2, 6 1/2, 5, 3 1/2, 1 1/2and bub due in Aug.

Belle-I really hope Julia is doing better, poor little chook and such a worry for you guys.

My heart is a lot better. Havent noticed any more chest pains which is good.

Went to a country show yesterday. We had a great time. Leith and I got dressed up in those sumo suit things and had a wrestle. I must admit though it was all one sided, I had no chance against Leith. I now know what a beetle feels like stuck on its back as that is what kept happening to me.

Anyways better go.

Love

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast