Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #96

hi ladies

sorry no personals so very tired

tiarna is not sleeping well and is constantly getting up the moment i put her down
    she was up from 7pm till 3:30am so she was so overtired and just cried and cried
    i really found it difficult cause i was so worried savanna would wake up too
    ahhhhhh its a really trying time having two babies close together and its been very stressful but im hoping it will get better

i cant seem to get her into a routine either whist juggling savanna at the same time. i dont even remember how i managed to get savanna to self settle .. i wish there was an instruction manual somewhere!! lol

still breast feeding which has also become stressful cause she will only drink for under 5 minutes on one breast then pull off so i change her nappy then try again
    sometimes she goes back but sometimes she refuses and gets wingey and crys..i dont want to offer other breast cause she wont get the good milk so i keep her on the same breast cause it still has alot of milk in it.. arghhh

any advice would be appreciated.
    how do i settle and put her to sleep? she never falls asleep drinking either.
    i wrap her but i dont think she likes it...but then im worried she will keep waking if i dont wrap her cause she has that startling reflex going on..

PLEASE HELP!!!

day sleeps are hard to cause savanna is so noisey and wakes her up

damn open plan living is irritating!

thanks ladies

luv ambz

Ambz- Firstly big Hmmm, jut trying to think what worked for us with Ash. Does she fall asleep in the pram? I remember at times just pushing the pram round til she fell asleep and let her sleep there. Or if she is in a bassinet I used to rock that to help. Maybe you could hire a hammock? I never used one but from what I've heard they can be quite helpful.
    With the breastfeeding maybe call the ABA or post in the BF section about that prob. Try work out why she is coming off after 5 mins, could she be fast drinker therefore finished that side? I hope you work something out.

Maz- Good luck tomor with the appt and big to you too. It so hard not to worry. is there any room in your room for the cot? Just so you can put your mind at ease and have him nearby, or those special monitors? How is Wil going at school? Has he settled well?

Ash has just woken so will bbl.

ambz - now you're making me think! I'd completely forgotten what I did with Nina. With the b/f, like shell said, do you think she's finished that side? How does your breast feel after 5 min? Nina was a super quick feeder, 5 min on one side and she was content until the next feed. How does she burp, is she a good burper? Have you tried that then putting her back on? How about offering the second side, then quickly switching back to the first breast before she realises. Do you think that would work?
    I never wrapped Nina. She hated it. What I did have for Nina though was a sleep positioner. That worked a treat for settling Nina for sleeps.
    Not sure what to suggest during the day when there is a lot of noise going on. Have you tried putting her down and shutting her door, therefore trying to shut out the noise? Or how about a baby carrier, that way you can carry her around hands free when she's sleepy?
    I really don't know what to suggest. I guess I'll be in the same boat in a few weeks time.

maz - that's fantastic news about Whilhelm!! It must have been hard on him losing his room. How is he settling in with a new baby?
    Good luck with the upcoming appointments. I'm sure everything will go fine. From the sounds of it he's going great. Do you have a sound and movement monitor set up for him now that he's in his own room?
    Try and get some rest when you can. You need your strength remember.

Ambz you poor thing. You sound so stressed.Just relax,your doing the best you can and its great your trying different things.I would keep her wrapped up if she is waking her self from the startle reflex.My friend had to do that for 6months.She also had a hammock for the early stages. At one stage i had ruby in a pram in the lounge and would get her to sleep that way.Once a sleep would leave her in her pram and when she woke would give a feed then cot.She couldnt wind down properly but once half asleep she was fine.
    As for b.f no idea. Give the ABA a ring for sure.Visit your local ngala or health service and speak to someone regarding sleep issues and help.
    Maz,im glad your hetting help with wilhelms needs.I hope mateuz appointments go well too.Just for your ease of mind.I totally understand you with the sewing thing.I do that with scrapbooking but i dont half half the crapola you have. As i say you are a great loving person with lots of patience.
    Ok i got to make some stuff for the stall and get ruby to sleep. She just wont have an afternoon sleep anymore. She is such a turd!!!

I took Ash for her 18 month mchn appt today and she is now 11.08kg and 83cm long. Thing I am happy with is her weight at 12 months was in 25% and now up to 50% so altho she is fussy with her food and doesn't eat all that much I know she must be eating what she needs.
    Oh and new trick I learnt tonight was hide her vegies under mash potato.

Shell.. im here Just so tired and buggered atm after a full on day with jesse half the time i have no energy to think and post. Scan went well! Yes its definately a girl!! They cant say 100% but she had a perfect shot and paused and showed me a few times the girly bits. So very happy!! Thats great Ash's appointment went well. I still have to book Jesse in.

Maz.. thats great youre getting your funding!

yay Kell, now you can go out with confidence and spend up on all things pink!

GOODLUCK TOMORROW MAZ WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AND MAT

Kell - congrats on definately a girl mate!

Thanks for all your thoughts and wishes girls, Julia is doing so much better. The ABs have kicked in thanks Shell, shes so much better and back to her babbling self and normal sleep patterns.

Soooooo Chrissy we are coming up mate! we are much better all round. If you are still keen to catchup that would be great! Will give ya a call to see whens best for you.

Have a good Easter Girls.

Bel
    xxx

belle, that's fantastic news that Julia is getting better! I hope you enjoy your easter.

Ash had her chicken pox vaccination today and not a single tear or whinge! I think she was so engrossed in watching the other people there that she didn't even realise it had happened then she happily went on to run around. Thank god now no more til 4 years old. I just have to ring family assistance place to ask bout the rebate and how I can get it.

Maz, hope you are getting some good news at the appts, thinking of you.

Belle - I am glad Julia is on the mend.

Maz - Wishing you all the best for Mat's appointment.

Ambz - Hang in there!

Kell - Glad your 2nd scan went well.

Caddie - are the girls all better now?

Laurin - How's Rylee now?

If anyone is interested in seeing pics of my sisters wedding, they are on my facebook. if anyone who doesn't have me on their facebook, pm me, and I will give you my details if you want them.

Just had a look Meg, really nice. I liked your bridesmaid dress too and the touch of those chinese umbrellas. I'm starting to realise costs of being a bridesmaid at moment, shoes, dress, air fares, accomodation, would've been easier if my friend was getting married here!

shell - can you let me know how you get on with Centrelink. Last time I spoke with them, they were reviewing us for the immunisation rebate, but that was over a month ago, and Nina had her 18 month needle 3 weeks ago.
    What a bummer you have to fly to where the bride is. My bridesmaid had to fly up here from Brisbane, so I paid for her hair and make up, that way she didn't have so much to pay for.

meg - I'll have a look at your pics in a sec.

Meg - pm me with your facebook, don't think I have it.
    Shell - Rylee hardly made a peep when she had her jab - I was really worried as I hate them.

Okay girls - did a pg test today - very very faint line - could it be???? My period was due two days ago - on Monday I had a bit of brown discharge (tmi) but only for the day.....what do you think?

Laurin xxx

OMG Laurin, I didn't realise you were TTC (how on earth do you do that when he's hardly even there ) but a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A line is a line. Test again tomorrow morning and see if it's any darker.

ooh Laurin, its sounding pretty positive to me! I guess your Dh was there right at the right time! Prolly faint cause its still in early stages, the d/c prolly implantation bleed? Retest tomor morn or next day and see. ooh how exciting, I didn't realise you were ttc.

Jodi, I called them up he said it should go inot bank account just after they turn 19 months, thats as long as they have your bank account details and that you are on the immunisation register.

Snap Jodi, we both said same thing to Laurin!

we were kinda TTC but with DH being away all the time weren't taking it all too seriously and at this stage I am not getting my hopes up - will test in a few days time.....if it is meant to be it will be.

ohh - It sounds positive to me too! I have everything crossed for you.
    Sending you my Facebook details now.

The lucky thing about it being my sis's wedding is my dad paid!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast