Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born In September 2006

My goodness....you yackers are up to 2 pages already huh??

Maz - Vyolett sounds like an absolute angel. The boys sound like they are being totally wonderful with her as well... I just hope those afterpains go away for you soon! How's the breastfeeding going? Has your milk come in yet?

I think my little guy has some sort of refluxy/colicky thing happening... he has just been so miserable these last few days. Everytime he feeds, he screws himself up and screams for a bit, is really irritable and barely sleeps. He also vomits a fair bit.. not projectile, just like overflow really. Poor little guy - he is so uncomfy that it makes him want to feed desperately which makes the whole thing worse. I've elevated the head of his bassinet as well as started keeping him upright after his meals and that seems to be helping quite a bit. The Bruear (sp?) drops look like they are helping too. Anyone can help on this one? I'm gonna ask my MCHN when I next see her if it hasn't settled by then.

Hi guys, sorry it has taken me so long to pop in and post.

Anna, Maz, Charli- Your babies are all so cute. Nat-welcometo the world for your little one aswell, sorry cant remember seeing a pic.

Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Well I am so excited Eithan has finally reached his birth weight. We had him weighed yesterday at the clinic and he had gained about 220gms, so excited as the week before he had only gained 12gms. Anna Eithan is sicky as well. The clinic sister called it spilling and said it could mean that he has slight reflux. We make sure we burp him inbetween sides and also spend a lot of time rubbing his tummy to help with pains and wind.

Well I am on antibiotics at the moment as my c/s cut got infected, but it is looking a lot better now.

Maz- the night you went into labour I had the worst afterpains ever. I could have sworn I was in labour and was moaning and writhing on the floor in pain. Had to take panadeine and some voltaren rapid to help settle them. That's why I thought one of you was in labour. How are you going recovering from the c/s?

Well enough from me, will be a regular in here despite Eithan being born in Aug as I am so attatched to all of you.

Love

Good point Helen - Nat, we haven't seen a piccy of your bubba yet!!! We'd love to see one if you are happy to share.
    Gawd, those afterpains sound terrible Maz/Helen! Glad I escaped the nasty ones... mine were mild in comparison

Congrats to Eithan on the weight gain!

How are all the other bubbas going? Is Miss Vyolette still being an angel Maz?

Alex was a bit better today, have had him on Bruer Colic Drops as well as keeping him upright more often and it's helping a lot. Fingers crossed we get some sleep tonight!

Hope you have a godd nights sleep Anna.

Love

There's something wrong with my camera. I can see the pics i've taken, but when I go to take more it cuts out like its run out of batteries I've tried changing them but the same thing happens. My mobile doesnt have a camera, but when DH gets home tonight I can upload onto my ticker from his. What a time for the camera to go!!

Nat you poor thing, hope you get your camera sorted out soon. I have tried to do a ticker with a photo but being on dial up it takes sooooo long to make that I keep giving up.

Eithan is having bad wind pains, spent hrs rubbing his tummy. At least he is getting it out though, pop-off. DH also calls him skids as there is always at least a skid in his nappy.

Hope all of your babies are being angels.

Love

LOL at your DH and calling Eithan 'Skids'... We call Xander "Mud Bum' for the exact same reason!

So how are you yummy mummies today? Hopefully our little bundles are all behaving themselves.. I'm feeling pretty good today, Xander slept straight through from 2am till 6am. Was sooo nice to get a long stretch of sleep!

Well, I'm gonna take the plunge and cut my hair, I haven't done anything with it for years (like cut it!) so it's really long. Gonna get one of those just above shoulder length funky cuts - I think! LOL.. I need to take a bravery pill me thinks and just book the appointment. I can't see the point of keeping it so long anymore, all I ever do is tie it back in a daggy pony as if I don't Xander grabs hold of it when feeding/cuddles.

Glad you had a longer stretch of sleep last night Anna. LOL at mud bum. You will feel really good once you get your hair cut, although you might be in shock for awhile afterwards until you get used to it,I am sure it will look great.

Well Eithan did not sleep last night and is still unsettled today. DH went out last night so I thought I might grab an early nights sleep. I had Bella in bed early and then Eithan in bed then finished of a few things before going to bed. About 15mins after I finally got there he woke up grizzly with wind pains. Well he kept popping off I finally got him up changed him and then fed him. He wouldnt go back to sleep and finally at around 2am he went down and then woke up 1/2hr later again with the same problem and also wet through all his clothes. I was no impressed. He is still the same so have put him in the baby bjorn carrier so that I am hands free. He seems to be a bit happier now and is napping.

Well I am sick of this headache. We are also doing renos and I lose my shower today. Augh just not having a great day. I am happy but exhausted by it all at the moment.

Enough of my whinging.

Love

God, ive been such a slack tart. Sorry I haven't been on much but my house has been so full on with all the rellies and midwives, dom nurse etc I haven't had time to scratch still large ar$e.
    Anna** - I use to have really long hair when I had Wilhelm and then decided enough was enough and cut it all off. Its grown so long over Vyolett's pg that its driving me nuts. So did you take the plunge? Do you feel like a new woman?
    Helen - Oh Eithan looks gorgeous mate. I forgot about the sleepless nights and the wind. Man I feel like a first time mum again. We renovated through my whole pg and it drove me nuts. I take off my hat to you doing it now.
    How are you going Nat and Charli? Looks like Caddie will be joining us soon. Wonder if Rikki knows about this forum?
    Ive had a bloddy headache for the last 2 days. Dom midwife said its from lack of sleep and stress so Jed told everyone to ping off and leave us alone for a few days. My cramps have softened (to say it nicely) and the BF is going great guns. I had my stitch taken out today.
    God better go, Vyolett has just woken from a 4.5 hour sleep and is wanting boobies
    until later guys
    xxmaz

I haven't cut it yet ladies... but I did make an appoinment! Next Thursday I'm gonna be a new woman, I'm pretty excited about it to be honest (and scared LOL)

I put up some new piccies of our little man on my homepage too if interested!

Hope you all get lots of sleep tonight.

oh anna your photos are devine. i love your first family pic mate.
    Vyolett is sucking that hard that she made my nipple bleed but it didn't hurt. i managed around 4 hours sleep between feed last night but have a wopping headache. im thinking its maybe from my hormones being so jumbled? Im feeling bloody skinny but. i miss rubbing my belly aswell.
    hope your all well.
    xxmaz

Lucky you Maz - I'm still enormous. DH reckons Zain must still have a twin in there somewhere, lol. Yes - I made him suffer for his terrible sense of humour!

Nat - I cannot believe your DH said that! Cheeky bugger... make him suffer.

Maz - Xander has got blisters on his lips from sucking so hard! I haven't been unlucky enough for him to draw blood tho (ouch!!!), tho I am getting pretty sore despite being assured that he is latched on correctly.

Helen - How is Eithan's reflux today? We had a horror night last night, just couldn't get our man comfortable... feel so sorry for them being in so much pain.

Everyone's babies are just so cute!!! We need some more in this group tho... better go tell those Sept chickies to hurry up and make with the babies....

Good morning girls. Im slowly getting the hang of bfing and typing at the same time.
    Oh Nat you crack me up. IM feeling skinny but my gunt is still there. Its keeping the air from getting to my c/s cut so I have to lay there and hold it away from it to dry. Such an attractive pose. Wonder if playboy would be interested? lol. AS for DH, Id make him a lovely coffee and fill it with BM after the twin comment. Ive warned Jed that if there's any smart ar$e remarks to watch out.
    Poor honey Xander Anna. What did you do for the blisters on his lips? I feel like I could rip of my nipples and throw them in the corner. Appartently it gets better and Ive been told to air them at least once a day. Ive come to the conclusion that we should just walk around naked to air everthing out and just hope that no one visits to scare the [email protected] out of them.
    How are you going Helen and is Eithans reflux improving? Talk to your doctor if it doesn't get better. They can give you medication for it. I never knew about it with NIkolaus and he had it that bad that he projectiled vomited about 1.5m every time.
    Sorry girls to rub it in but we had another great night. Im so not use to this and was expecting the worsest cause the boys were horrible sleepers. Vyolett had her night time feed at 3.20 and slept until 9am. I just finished feeding her and she's off again. I keep pinching myself.
    Ive heard from Caddie - she's due home wednesday - thursday and Ive seen pics of Rubi, she's absolutely beautiful. So she'll be joining us very soon.
    Have a wonderful day girls, im taking the kids to Kids town, a big adventure playground here in Shepparton, for the afternoon.
    Chat to you all later
    xxmaz

:eek: Nat I cant believe that DH said that, cheeky bugger.

I have updated my ticker with a bigger photo of Eithan so you can see him better. He has quite a bit of hair, but you cant really see it in this photo.

Well Eithan's reflux isnt a bad case quite mild, but he does spill at least 1-3times after each side. No way is he projectile vomiting like Nikolaus did maz although I just checked on him a minny ago and he had vomited and had managed to miss his growsuit his wrap and blanket and got all of his sheet. Oh well less to clean up, at least he wasnt laying in it this time.

Wow Anna back to your normal size, that's great. I have what Maz calls a gunt. Not the best looking thing I need some sort of bra thing for it to hold it up.LOL.

How is your c/s cut healing maz? Hope it is all going well. Wow what a great little sleeper you have in Vyolette there Maz. Nipples, I hope they are getting better. When in hospital with Eithan mine blistered then peeled due to all the constant sucking and expressing that was occurring. As soon as my milk came in though it calmed down. Although I had to wait until day 6. Was so worried I wouldnt be able to BF. I remember finally being able to express 20ml and then losing it when DH kindly washed up some things and it got chucked down the sink. I cried and cried. Oh well no use crying over spilled milk LOL.

Well Eithan is happily sleeping so I think I might go and have a rest.

Love

hey girls,

love all the baby pics that you all have up. cant wait till mine comes not long now.

well i better get back to the other forum

Adele

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast