Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born In September 2006

Hi ladies, sorry no personals today. I have a few personals I want to do, but will do them another time when I am no so exhausted.

Well last night I managed 2 1/2 to 3hrs sleep. Eithan finally went down at 3am and then started to wake at 6am. The problem is his reflux. He vomited 5 times in 45min last night and we had to change his clothes and the bassinet sheets. I am going to have to buy some more sheets as I cant keep up with him. Also he has been wearing 000 everynow and again as he keeps going through his clothes.
    The main problem though is that he is now starting to vomit out if his nose aswell. Thick stuff and getting his nose clogged which makes it hard for him to breathe and causes him and us heaps of distress. Then he screams and screams due to the pain.
    I feel so sorry for him I could just cry. I feel bad everytime I feed him as I know he will be sick again, but I cant not feed him. Augh I am just not having a good time at the moment. I also think that I have dislocated my left thumb or something similar. It has been really hurting for days and today it is clicking in and out and soooo painful. I have had some panadol, so we'll see.

Enough of my moaning. BBL for personals.

Love

oh Helen... sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with little Eithan. It is just so horrible when you see them in pain and can't do anything about it.

My little guy has a manky eye... dunno what he has done, but this morning when he woke it was all gunked up and stuck together. I've been squirting breast milk on it and wiping eye with saline. If it doesn't clear in a couple of days, it's off to the doc.

Helen - is there some medicine that your doctor can give Eithan for his reflux or is he still too little? God woman you cant go on like this, you'll be a blubbering mess! Do you have anyone that can stay at your house so you can catch up on some sleep? And your not moaning hon, we're here to support each other rememeber? I hope that when you read this that yourve had some sleep and rest. Big hugs for you babe.

Anna - I would have never thought of putting bb milk in the eye. What a bloody good idea. See Your not only beautiful but bloody smart too.

Yay Caddie- your finally here woman. Vyolett uses my bb as a dummy so I bought the smallest one I could get. Its an Avent one and its tiny I had too cause she was driving me spare!

Little P had her baby boy today. He has no name as yet but i'll keep eveyone posted. Sounds like alot of the girls in the september forum are going to drop their bubba's this week with all the pains their having. Lets hope that they find their way here.

Good night everyone, Im going to try to get some shut eye before its milking time again
    xxmaz

The bb milk is helping! His eye is just so much better today...
    We had super rough night last night. Xander was in so much pain from wind etc and kept throwing up, yet wanting more milk so screaming. I caved in and gave him the extra feed and it just made it all worse; so nobody got any sleep last night in this house! Thankfully he has crashed out now so I'm off to have a nap.

Maz - I've tried the Avent dummy with Xander... it looks huge in his little mouth, gonna try the Pigeon one as no luck with Avent.

Great to see you here Caddie.. how's that gorgeous girl of yours going?

I have the mam dummy for ruby but havnt used it much.I dont want to really as my first DD uses dummy's still and i have to wean her!
    Ruby did her first big spew last night.I topped her up with fromula and it didnt go down well.She loved it at the time but then 1/2 later a vomit.
    I have to take her to be weighed to make sure she is getting enough milk.What is everyone else doing. I tried expressing with advent pump but didnt get much.But that was after a feed.
    Poor eithan! Sounds like he is having a rough trot.Hope the little mite gets better.

Caddie.. I'm expressing either during the night *yawn* or first thing in the morning as I am so engorged at that time. I'm only using a Tommee Tippee one, but am getting about 90mls each time... I must admit that it took a bit of getting used to, the first few times I got maybe 10mls! It's a bit of a juggling act, but I found I can get heaps more if I express from the other boob at the same time I'm feeding Alexander (talk about being a milking machine). I'm just freezing it all in those Avent Via cups.

Helen Have you seen a doctor? That must be really scary for you to see him struggling like that. I feel so badly for you. If there is anything that I can do let me know. Also, SIL had really painful clicky thumbs after giving birth as well. They got really bad and she had to have an xray. They thought it was arthritis. I will call her and see what she did to fix it and let you know. I remember she thought she had dislocated it when pushing during labour.

Caddie I thought that was so cute when you said that DD cries when Ruby does, lol. Its probably not too fun for you at the moment, but I thought it was lovely.

Anna** Zain was born with a gooey eye and its not completely gone. I am doing the same though - BB milk and wiping with a saline solution. And re the expressing, I did it and only got about 20ml so gave up. I might have to give it another go if yours increased so much.

Hi Maz, How's Vyolett? I love that ticker photo!

We are just plodding along here. Zain takes a dummy, because I didnt give one to one of my children and she became a thumbsucker. Its much harder to stop - especially at an early age. You also can't sterilise a thumb, lol. Take care girls.

Congratulations and cant wait to see you here, Little P!!

Nat - The instructions that came with my pump actually said that you mightn't get much the first few times (which I never did) but now I've got the hang of it and getting lots more; so I think it would be worth persisting if you wanted to? I know I found that the 'rhythm' I was using to pump was all wrong, but a bit of trial and error I found what works - you have to try to get the pump to do the same action as bub sucking.

Caddie - I've emailed you re your HugaBub.

lindie Guest

Hi

sorry to butt in but I saw that caddie was looking for a different carrier, Ive got a Theodore Bean, the black leather and faux leopard skin, if your interested??? I post in the larger family thread if you are interested, cheers Lindie.

Again really sorry to butt in!!!!!

Hi lindie can i pm my email to you so i can have a picture?
    Anna how did you email me? By msn?
    thanks girls.

Caddie - I sent an e-mail to your msn addy (your DH's addy really LOL). Did you get it?

anna,i have sent a message via your msn addy.
    Lindie dont worry bout the theodore carrier,i have had a good response for swapping.

hey girls,

still here just waiting for it all to happen so i can come into here move often.

helen - have you tried that formula that is for reflux i heard that is really good for babies that have it really bad.

well im off seeya

Adele

Hi ladies, thanks for your thoughts re Eithan he is doing much better at the moment but will get into that more later.

Just popping in quickly to talk about BF and expressing. I had troubles with Eithan in hospital and he had to be admitted to special care as he lost too much weight because my milk didnt come in until day 5-6.
    I would breast feed him both sides and then express from each breast. Next feed he would get breast, then about 10-15ml of expressed breast milk and then a 30-40ml top up of formula. Then after doing that I would express again for next feed. It was done to encourage Eithan to BF and to get my milk to build up, yet he was still getting the top-ups to put on weight. A midwife also told me to keep expressing a bit after you dont get anymore to encourage the breast to produce more. Also to swap sides and then to go back to the other side to see if I could get more again.
    Eithan was a very sleepy baby so we had to encourage him to feed. We'd take off the bottom of his grow suit, tickle under his chin, rub his palms etc. Also he would go from left breast to right breast, then left and right again as moving would wake him up and also encourage breast milk. It was extremely exhausting but it really did help with my breast milk.

Hope that helps. Will be back for personals hopefully tommorrow.

Love

hi girls... that regime is exactly what i had to do helen... plus the tablets as well. unfortunately for me it has not worked. now i have developed mastitis as well.... so think this is it for me. as soon as i have managed to work this lump out of my breast i am giving up on bf. at the moment we are having to 'top up' ainsleigh with about 80ml of formula... which is about how much she should be taking in total right now.

the chn comes again today. she has def grown, so hopefully she has put on enough weight for everyone to be happy. she was still a fair way off her birth weight.

hope eithan's reflux is improving, and that xander's eye is no longer manky!

nat - i bought ainsleigh a bib when i was in the hospital that says 'i have more hair than my dad!' the lady in the shop laughed so much when sam walked in and she saw his completely shaved head

Well i took ruby to the clinic to check her weight.The clinic scales are slightly out but she is the same.No weight on!! So instead of having her on the boob for an hr like i have been i have to feed ruby for 15min and then top up with EBM and formula.I have to express 6 times in a 24hr hr period.She hasnt been having alot of wet nappies either.And when they observed a b/f said she didnt have a very good go at it! So i am reviewed in 2 days by a nurse at home and take it from there.
    Millana seems better ith the baby but has moments of her wanting to be the baby and she is in "i want" stage and tantrums if she doesnt.
    Oh well i better rest while i can.
    Maz i sent a small gift for vyolett today,i also tried to send pics of the buckets but being sent back all the time.So i can describe the paper if you like!!!!

sorry to hear about everyone's b/f difficulties. hope it comes together for you.
    Took Nina to the clinic nurse today for her one month check up and she's put on 1kg since birth. I'm really happy about that as she lost a bit in the first few days and took a week to get back to her original birth weight. She's really playing up tonight, has been since 3pm. Just really sooky. DH is going out tonight to play touch football so I'm left with her, again!! My back, shoulders and arms are sooo sore from holding her for so long. Hopefully she'll settle soon.

i had a visit from the chn today, and ainsleigh has put on 300g, so she is finally back at her birhtweight. thank goodness! had ultrasound done on my bb's today too, so they feel a lot better, but still have a massive lump. have to keep feeding her on that side to get rid of the lump, then i am swapping to bottle feeding only. i am only producing about 20ml even with all the expressing, tablets etc... i feel like i have done everything i can to make this work....but i am still sad to let it go.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast