Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #18

Default Babies Born September 2007 #18

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hey everyone

K has hardly slept again today. She woke from her first nap this morning and was really grumpy, we had yawns 20 minutes later but DH wanted to play so didn't put her back down - paid for it later!!

Sherie - I'm counting down the days until school goes back to, but not the same as you!! We're really doing to miss DH going back.

Well I have baby brain and can hardly remember anything from the other post except
    Queenie - hope the harness comes off soon!!

Always tricks me up when a new thread is started - hope i can remember what i was going to say
    Hayley - I always feel a little sad when i think of them going back to school, but it can change very quickly when they start fighting with each other lol. I'm not looking forward to the morning rush either. It's going to be even worse than last year, because i have to get Z off to Kindy as well. J starts at 8:30 and Z starts at 8:45 - it's about a 10 minute drive too. I think i'm going to enjoy my weekends this year!!
    queenie - I'm glad that everything seems to be going so well for you - fingers crossed Sasha gets her harness off really soon.
    sherie - you'll have to let me know how the infants friend goes.
    md - The only pushing-up i get involved in, involves using a bra lol.

eta - hi cally - it's hard when they go back to work after a long holiday. When my dh went back after his 3 week holiday, Hannah got a little funny with him - cried whenever he took her off me. It upset him quite a bit.
    Hannah has been a bit unsettled with her sleeping today too. I've had to rock her to sleep each time.

Man you guys get busy in here. Between keeping M entertained and working I missed a whole thread or more I think. Well haven't had the school experience yet, a few more years to wait. Hope it all goes well for you all. I can't imagine trying to juggle a new baby and starting school at the moment.
    M is sleeping better though last night after her feed before bed I fed her 3 times before morning up time. BUt I have a feeling one was a bit of DH sleepwalking fault. I usually wake up to M first as sometimes DH sleeps through and doesn't hear her. He then usually gets up and brings her to me to feed then takes her, changes her and puts her to bed. We fed her at 1030pm and then at about 130am I was woken up in the dark to DH giving M to me. I hadn't heard her which was unusual. She also wasn't crying when he brought her in. When I commented on the fact that I hadn't heard her, he made some absolutely bizarre comment that didnt make sense and then passed me a little lavender filled bear (gift given to me that was sitting near the bed) and said that maybe that would help?!?
    I seriously think he must've thought he heard her in his sleep and got her up and brought her in for a feed still half asleep which is funny in hindsight but I hope it doesn't become a habit as sleep is so precious at the moment and I don't need to do any extra feeds.

Hey guys! Im at work atm but I just wanted to quickly update you on S-26's response: (looks like im going to have to call them back, eeeeek im scared) Im going to crumble! I suck at complaining! I still have to get my mum to return clothes for me. How sad am I! I need to grow up

Dear Renee,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with the S26 Gold. Unfortunately I was unable to get through to you when I telephoned this morning. If you could please ring me on Free Call Number 1800 552 229 as I would like to discuss this matter with you further.

Warmest Regards,
    Last edited by reneenay; January 24th, 2008 at 05:37 PM.

renee - i am exactly the same as you. Good of them to get back to you straight away. Just tell them how it was and i'm sure they will try to make it up to you. good luck
    bilby - does your dh recall doing it? let' s hope he doesnt' do it every night lol. (maybe the lavendar bear can feed Maia lol.

hello ladies!
    hi queenie, so glad about s's harness. that's great news. yes we will def be showing lewis his little scrote on his 21st! too funny. you crack me up.

ladies whose kiddies are returning to school- i was in big w yesterday and they had packs of 10x exercise books on sale for 10c. that's right. 10c for 10 books. what a bargain!

renee- i hate complaining too...but you have good reason to. so stand your ground. do it for all the other mummies out there that might have the same thing happen to them. i can't talk though, i'm sooo not assertive about things like that.

i was in big w yesterday and they had packs of 10x exercise books on sale for 10c. that's right. 10c for 10 books. what a bargain!
    See, this is what is wrong with today's world - all those trees that got chopped down to make that paper should be worth more than 10c!! Then we'd use less and appreciate it more! Like the footage my DH took when he was in Afgh, one of the guys had a small note book and he was tearing out the pages and handing them out to the school kids who were absolutely thrilled to be getting a single piece of paper (!) Well maybe there's a middle road in there somewhere.

Not having a go at you Gracie, I love a bargain as much as anyone, but that's ridiculous! I've just been reading today how one fifth of Papua New Guinea's loggable forests have been chopped down since 1990 (!) What are we doing to our planet??? *end rant*

Renee, maybe the universe sent that little wriggler into your can of formula to teach you how to complain assertively LOL! Good luck, I bet they're as nice as pie to you when you do ring.

Rach how strange about the sleep walking incident! Sign of not getting enough sleep generally, I imagine...

Jazmum, LOL at pushups and bras!

Cally, hope you get a good sleep tonight, it's wearing when they don't sleep during the day. We had another one of those days today too. Feel all worn out.

hello hello
    been such a lazy day i was gonna go for a walk but then all of a sudden it was 9pm and i didnt wanna take ash out and i didnt wanna go by myself without dp either so there goes that idea lol...
    Ashas still been a bit sick today but she is getting better.. she really screamed the house down when it was solids time and i didnt give it to her do you think i am doing the wrong thing? i tried to give her milk and she wouldnt drink it then she finally calmed down and when it was time for milk i made her 30 extra mls and she actually drank 40mls short of the bottle.. i'm worried her tummy isnt ready for solids since she got so sick but she was going so well for a while there and she really did seem to want it what do i do???
    md - i agree 10c no wonder no one thinks about the impact on the environment but that being said Gracie if i had kids going to school id buy it haha..
    renee - dnt worry about calling them they will be nice to you!! they have to after what you found lol they are probably gonna ask you a few more detailed questions thats all so they can help sort out the problem..
    bilby - lol @dps sleep walking hope he dosnt make it a habbit to get M out of bed when shes sleeping lol..
    hello to everyone!! i am so tired tonight.. ive cooked twice today (made vegie patties for dinner and that pasta for lunch now poor dp is doing all the dishes and is less than impressed about it lol...

Noni, often when they get sick its best not to worry about solids for a little while and give their gut time to get over it - that's regardless of if they have just started solids or been on them for months. Some babies also get a bit lactose intolerant after a tummy bug too. Don't worry though, you haven't done anything wrong at all hun. It may take her another day or so to get back to her normal self.

Gosh Gracie that is cheap! We don't need to buy books for ages though - they get all theirs given to them.

Hi Rach, LOL at your DH. He probably *knew* exactly what he was doing at the time, bless him, he was only trying to help

Renee, Be calm and stay strong LOL. They wont hassle or doubt you, they probably just need to ask you some questions about it.

Cally, how did Katie go at settling tonight?

Jaz, I gave Alister a half dose for his age (10 drops) because he's never had it before, but it did bring a few farts out LOL. I gave him another half dose just before his last bottle for the night, so I will let you know tomorrow how successful it was.

Hi Marydean!

thanks for the reassurance sherie
    lol i am up late tonight because ive had two vs and a can of coke today and am loaded with caffiene and gaurana hahahaha
    hey those of you with facebook how did you all find eachother without knowing last names???

Good question, Noni, I'll need to know how to do that when I finally get around to getting my facebook set up (I've got that many friends nagging me to do it LOL).
    Sherie - looks like you've gone to bed. I'm next.

gnite all hope there are good nights all around - hopefully DH won't be sleepwalking tonight LOL :-)

OK Marydean and Jaz - Guess who got to sleep in till 7.35am because her baby wasn't awake wriggling and farting in the wee hours? I think the Infants friend actually worked! He woke at 5.30 and I thought, 'oh here we go again', but I just popped his dummy in and woke up when Lindsay came in asking if he could have weetbix for brekkie. Alister slept for another 10 minutes even. So I am cautiously going to say that I am happy with it. Although he did do a few farts early on in the night, there was none of the wriggling and unsettledness because of it, he was asleep the whole time.

Woo Hoo Sherie. Fingers crossed the infants friend keeps working for you.

Noni I was going to ask the same thing about facebook.

Renee good luck with the phone call.

Bilby lol at your DH sleepwalking. I hope you had a better night last night.

Hi to everyone else. I am off to the library this morning to see whats out there for Logan and I. Books are just to expensive to buy and I love the library.

Woohoo Sherie, you are going to have to rename it "Well rested Mummy's friend" - hopefully not just a once off!

Well we had party time again last night but DH is finally getting the idea that all the rocking and patting just encourages it, so he's catching on the best thing is to switch the light off and let her party on in the dark. haha aren't we mean. Just like a teenager she always sleeps in the next morning tho, that'll be a problem when H starts back at school.

Katie enjoy your trip to the library. I haven't signed E up for a library card yet but we've got millions of books at home already. There's a ferret thing on at our library this arvo, might take H down for that!

Ooh Marydean, I know what you mean! I will have to start setting the alarm and starting my day earlier to get me back into routine.

Katie, most libraries offer storytime sessions which is open to mums and children of all ages. Its a great thing to do and the children love it. Plus it's FREE and it gives you another social network too.

morning everyone
    sherie that is fantastic news. I'm going to buy some today.
    Hannah is still really spewy - and today it has a yellow tinge. should i be worried? I know that my older two had a little spew after the feed, but this is like an hour or two after the feed. She is a happy spewer though. It's just getting a little stinky 'round here lol.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast