Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #18

Sherie, yay for the fart potion working

MD, I have come to the same conclusion about night wake ups - if he wakes when I put him back to bed but is laying there smiling and happy he will go back to sleep if I leave him to it but if I try to pat he gets all excited and it drags out so I end up bringing him into our bed. I only figured it out the other night, didn't think he would self settle but I gave it a try and it worked.

JaZmum, not sure about the yellow colour, if it is a couple of hours since a feed could it be bile?

Bilby, did your DH stay in bed last night?

Renee, I have my fingers crossed that they will offer you some hush money

Noni, hope Miss A is feeling better today. I think I would die if I had two V's and a coke - I was dared to drink a coffee once, my heart was going a mile a minute for about an hour and I didn't sleep for two nights.

Katie, have fun at the library. The mum and bub sessions sound good, does your local have anything like that?

Can't remember anything from the other thread

DH got back from NZ last night, apparently our new little town is lovely (phrased in a manly way).

Seems like our sleeping is back on track, after a week of 3+ get ups a night he only got up once on Wednesday night and slept through last night.

Just called them (I was half asleep) and they wanted to know if I kept the bug! Grrrr looking back I should of but the last thing I wanted to do when I saw it was keep it so their forensic lab can test it to determine if its a Irish Maggot or an Australian Maggot! *Rolls eyes* Give me a break!
    She spoke to her manager and they are going to send out a replacement tin..........don’t know if I should be happy or not?

Sorry for my lack of personals, im grumpy. Im going back to bed Last thing I wanted to hear this morning was the chirpy voice of a formula representative in damage control! Should of waiting to call until I was awake LOL
    Last edited by reneenay; January 25th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Sherie - yay for A's quiet nappies!!

I put K down last night and all was looking good for about 10 minutes - she had death stares going and was completely silent. But then the crying started, we tried settling her and ended up giving up. She fell asleep during a feed and then only lasted 3.5 hrs!! Not impressed.

Oh, she's waking up, better go.

arte - that's great that you'll be moving to a lovely town, and well done W for sleeping through the night!
    Renee - they should have at least sent you out a dozen or so tins.
    cally - when i first started Hannah with the self settling - i put her in the cot , and just pottered around her room for a little while - folding clothes and stuff. Now when i put her in, i give her a small soft toy -'mousie' and she holds onto it . If she is having a little trouble, i put it over her eyes and she eventually goes to sleep . (then i take mousie out.)

off to buy some shorts today so i can go to step class again (did it in trackies last time and it was sooo hot!!) my legs still hurt from monday lol oh well...
    check out our rock and roll baby in her led zeppelin jump suit and black leggings!! about to post the pics!!
    jazmum - Asha has a rabit and a tigger toy she does the same with when she wants to sleep.
    cally - hope things settle down for you and the sleeping gets better
    rennee- companies are getting cheaper with that kinda stuff now!! sending less and less!!!
    arte glad your town is lovely!!

Noni Asha looks adorable.

Renee I guess one can is better then none

Cally you must be so buggered, I wish I could offer some advice. We still rock Logan to sleep. I borrowed "the science of parenting" from the library today and am just about to start reading it, I will let you know if there is anything helpful in there.

Arte yay having DH home and double yay for Will getting his sleep back on track.

I forgot to ask about the library about storytime sessions so I will have to give them a call. I borrowed a few story books and came home and read one, Logan lost interst about 3/4 of the way in lmao. I am going to try adding a story to our bedtime routine, that way DH can help more. I think Logan is wonder weeking he is so hard to settle this week. Last night he would not settle for DH at all and as soon as I took him he went to sleep....poor DH felt like there was something wrong with him.

noni- asha makes a cute little rock chickie

LOL Rory has got a LZ T-shirt too haha My dad got one to match. Oh that reminds me Im going to put it on Rory tonight and Ill call dad and tell him to wear his to the bbq, will make a great photo LOL!
    Asha is sooo beautiful

Katie, anything more than about 5 words on a page at this stage is too long, looking and pointing at pictures and saying key words (in longer books) is a good strategy to keep them engaged. Have you read Mem Fox's book on reading to kids - I heard her talk once and she's amazing!

Rock on Asha! What a cutie

Jazmum, is H still doing yellow chucks? If they're just chunky and regurgy and she's otherwise happy I wouldn't worry about it. You'll know in your gut if something is wrong.

Cally, FWIW I think I read something/remember something about a change in sleeping patterns around 4 mths and it would certainly seem to be happening at my house and yours - hope K settles into a better pattern soon for you.

Thanks for the tip MD. I just borrowed two books with big bright pictures and will probably just make up my own story. I have been making up songs with actions similar to heads, shoulders, knees and toes, he loves it so we spend a good part of the day making up songs so now I can make up some silly stories too.

Its so hot here today, might have to break out the paddeling pool when Logan wakes up.

BTW Arte, meant to do a little 'woo hoo' for your new town being lovely - can't wait to hear all about it when you get there! LOL at fart potion too.

We do the songs too Katie, except it's hard doing knees and toes cos her stubby lil arms don't reach, so we do chest and tum, chest and tum! LOL Just wait until you get onto the playschool stuff, you'll know all the words in no time! LOL

Lol MD we do head chest and knees, Logan cant reach his feet either. When I was little all I wanted to do was work on Playschool, I had a huge craft draw at my Nans and would be entertained all day making things and singing to my toys.

lol less than one hour til i am steppin my little heart out!! i am scared lol coz i still feel sore n tired from monday lol what am i getting myself into?? better be a big number on wednesday!!!

Woo Hoo go Noni...you can do it. Just think how great your going to be looking soon. Boys will be walking past calling you a MILF and pregnant ladies will hope they look as good as you after their baby is born.

hahahaha thanks katie lets hope so last weeks .1 gain was really disheartening better see some good results this week or i might just have to throw a tantrum lol

Noni, when I started playing netball again I always took a powerade and drank it as soon as I'd finished and I never woke up sore the next day - maybe you could try that?

Cally, hopefully this stage will pass soon for you and K will start to settle easier.

Renee, at least they are still sending you a free can. Don't worry about it though. Do you think you will still buy S-26 though? I saw a place advertised that sold rock T-shirts for babies and they had a guns n roses one I was sooo tempted to buy.

Katie, I just pick a book with the brightest pictures and just hold it in front of him and he bats his hands at the pages.

Jaz, you don't think you're getting AF back again do you? Fingers crossed she doesn't get worse than what she is, but I can totally sympathise on the stink though.

Marydean, I brought Mem Fox's Reading magic when Lindsay was a baby and I thought it was excellent - I still have it LOL. What she says makes so much sense.

hi all
    sherie - i hope i'm not getting AF. Does that affect the breast milk somehow?
    just gave H some Infants friend. She's been tootin' ever since. Poooeeee!!! A little bit dribbled down the side of her mouth , and it left a red mark - it went away after about 10mins.
    The little bugger looks like she's about to crawl!!! she gets up on her knees and sways for a bit and then face plants! If she sees something she wants, she turns her body towards it and makes her way there on her tummy . My little worm.

lol well dnt i feel stupid!!! the timetable has changed for the gym and i got there to do the last 20mins of a pump class lol not the class i wanted and 40mins late oops i stayed and did 5mins rowing and 30mins on the bike coz id already paid but i still feel dumb!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast