Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #19

sherie - hes had a few temp jobs here and there but nothing else really.. idk if its because hes not trying or ts just not happening have to give him a lil bit as we just got back from holidays.. hes sulking over something atm though he wont tell me what.. ia m getting over it iykwim hes still acting like a child alot of the time and its pi$$ing me off he wants the best of both worlds.. hes not working and he wants to spend all this money on **** yet i get dirty looks if i spend something on myself grrrrr...
    we did see the city in melbourne on one of the days but we spent most our time down in warburton, hanging out with my friend, swimming in the yarra river (its beautiful and clean where they are) and admiring the views.. wish i was still there!!

Marydean I have just bought Buddhism for mothers with lingering questions....CRUMBS! I got the 2nd book and not the 1st!!! Which one do you have? I am loving it though

*hugs* Hayley I hope your feeling better today. Maybe Art's right, you could give them the flick and find somewhere more supportive? I cant believe their nerve!! I wish I was there with you, I would of told them a thing or two! haha Being a mum has helped me speak my mind a little more, although I still hate confrontations! Im off to read your post on the Real Estate agent.
    Last edited by reneenay; February 7th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Hello lovely ladies,
    Sorry (again!) for MIA. Went for a short vacation last week. And yep MD, guilty as charged LOL I was online yest. Oh I am so bad with this, never able to keep up with you all. Have been trying to post here for ages, then i realize that I forgot something or there is a new post, I dont actually want to miss on anybody iykwim. So apologies again

W is getting more talkative and the 2nd tooth has come through. He had his needles on Tues night (we chose the eve session so dh can be there). Had a bit of fever 38deg and mild diarrhea so I gave him panadol. Hope it wont be as bad as last time.

On Monday, we had our first playgroup. Several mums from mums group have decided to continue to meet for playgroup. It was fun. I took a photo with the babies side by side on the floor. W was surrounded by 2 girls and out of the sudden both of them rolled to him at the same time. Baby cuddles hahaha. One even poked him in the eye! Poor boy, he doesnt realize yet that messing with 2 girls at the same time is a dangerous thing LOL

Was actually planning to go to the library, they have tiny tots session (reading for babies) starting from today. But W is still has a slight temp, so perhaps we'll go next week.
    Last edited by spring_ag; February 7th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

MD & Sherie that’s really great that the 2 of you can meet up. Elizabeth and Alister are sooo gorgeous! Cant believe how much they’ve grown.

Fianne, sending you lots of **hugs** I think you have done a fabulous job for Max. Thumbs up for all your effort and perseverance! And the most important thing is you both are happy and healthy.

Hayley, how is Maddy’s exzema? W has that in his cheeks too, was worsened when he cut tooth because of the dribble. Getting better now, I put some hydrocortisone cream. Btw, Maddy is so cute. W looks small compared to her, he is just around 7.4kg. Oh I think I’ll be like you when I go back to work, missing him like crazy.
    ETA hugs to you. I cant understand why they said such things without understanding the real situation, its already hard enough for us to leave our babies. Hope you have a better day today and are enjoying your time with little miss sunshine

Arte, wow not long to go now. You must be really excited now. At the same time, a farewell is always hard, isn’t it. Hope your Will is okay during the flight, I might also have to take my W on a long flight in march.
    LOL at the bathroom incidents.

Sherie, funny that I also asked my gp about not taking rotavirus and she sort of okay with that. But then I changed my mind cause he will be going to childcare. Glad that the needles went well. Btw W drank the whole lot of RV dose everytime

Queenie, Sasha is so cute Yay on the hips. Lots of kicking now!

MD, glad that H has a good teacher. Btw I hope you don’t get the mastitis again, maybe we need to invent a mastitis repellent and sell it LOL
    I think I need to follow your advice on delaying eggs cause W has eczema.
    Woo hoo on Haighs. Yummm

Leanne, I was on an ambulance ride once (with dh) and its not fun at all so I am sending lots of hugs your way. Good luck with X surgery and hope you have a terrific time on your girls night.

Renee, happy anniversary. Glad that the needles went okay. Hope you’ll get a nice prezzie Saturday.

Katie, LOL at climbing the walls. Its really cloudy in here too. Cuddles and kisses, that must be so cute W can put his hands around me, but I need to help him though LOL

Noni, glad you enjoyed the trip and 'survived' the flight. I was told that during take off and landing we can breastfeed the baby to reduce the pressure. Not sure about formula, maybe we can bottlefeed the baby? Yay on the weightloss

Cally, shopping for babies is so much fun isn’t it. And girls outfits are so cute

Pregpan, hugs hope Noah is okay in childcare (and of course you are too!) I will also go back to work sometime in may/june. GL with the needles tmrw.

Hi Gracie

Jazmum & LP how are you?
    Last edited by spring_ag; February 7th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Agnes - you must have been taking notes to get everyone in!!

Hayley - those mean other mothers. You are doing a wonderful job with Maddie, we all know how hard it is for you to go to work and miss out on her, but it is important that she has a house to come home to at the end of the day!!

Pregpan - how are you coping today? Was Noah going for long or just a few hours?

MD - I just have a fundraising bracelet that I swap from side to side so I remember each feed - sometimes I forget to swap it though so it doesn't always help!!

Noni - hope DP cheers up soon.

All this talk of chocolate I might have to raid my Old Gold stash. It's not the same as Haighs though.

Another shocker last night getting K off to bed. Ended up having to put some Lansinoh on the boobies when I went to bed because she had 3 feeds in 2 hours trying to get her to calm down enough to go to bed.

How many here do baths every night? We have been doing it every second night, but am thinking of making it every night so it is a definite part of the routine. Am planning on sprinkling lavender around her room tonight too, that's supposed to be calming.

We wash Rory mostly every 2nd night too. But we have now started to put Rory in the shower with Dwayne when he gets home from work. They both enjoy it.

We have bathtime every night. He used to only last about 10 minutes in the baby bath but now that he is in the normal bath with a seat he loves it. He starts getting cranky around bath time and won't settle until he is being undressed. Last night he stayed in there for 40 minutes.

Hi Cally! I completely forgot to say hello to you when I posted earlier, so sorry! Sounds like the baby shower was a hit. I have a friend due in March, and I have no idea what to get her. I started laybying stuff for Alister, but showed restraint because I know if I buy it all now, I will see something I really love later LOL.

Renee, you do become more assertive don't you? Always a good thing though.

Hi Agnes. Wow at Will's second tooth - did he have any trouble with it at all? Fingers crossed his temp settles soon and the poos go away.

I still only bath Alister every second day unless he smells a bit gooky from too much spewing and dribbling and then I will give him one. I noticed that he must have an anal fissure poor little boy was trying so hard to poo today and it must have happened then as this is the first time his had a bit of blood on his poo. The weather had been quite humid the past few days so he may have lost a bit of moisture and it made him constipated. I have given him some infants friend with his last feed and will give it to him at his next couple to loosen them up a bit.

Oh, Pumpkin Patch has up to 60% off online and in stores ATM of their summer stock - checked it out online this morning and there are some great bargains to be had if you want to buy ahead for next summer. I would have gone crazy, but have nowhere to keep it all LOL.

Awww poor Alister! Hope he is okay. Speaking of poo haha..... I have been giving Rory pureed apple or custard for lunch and I have just changed his nappy. I have never seen anything like it!! I was shocked!!! I needed some of those bright yellow bio hazzard outfits haha. Hmmm maybe ill wait out solids until 6 months LOL!

oooOOo Sherie, im going to go have a look now. Oh Marydean I wish I knew Target were going to have a sale yesterday, I just put a whole bunch of winter stuff for Rory on Layby! gee wiz they have some cute stuff, really not practical BUT CUTE!

hi everyone!

Cally, just watch out with the lavender, a little is good, a lot will make some kiddies hyper! (A little gem of wisdom from my old ABA group )

*sigh* I went out today and left some of the windows open (it was a lovely sunny day) and while I was out there was this Huge Storm and every tiny little crack of open window has resulted in household soakage (!) That'll serve me right!

Ok, Miss E's just gone off to sleep so I'm going to slink off for a nap, BBL for some personals!

Cally, we bath him everyday, part of his bedtime routine.

Arte, what sort of bath seat do you have? Wow, 40 minutes ... he definitely enjoys his bathtime

Sherie, he was a bit unsettled when teething. First we didnt know because we didnt think he gets his teeth this early (though he has all the signs like dribbling, chewing hands). He woke up every 1-2hr during the night when teething.

Poor little Alister, I hope your little man is not in pain. Hope it gets better and the infant friends helps.

Oh with all these sales, I now know where to take DH on the weekend LOL

Pregpan, thinking about you today. How is the childcare?

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Awww thanks girls, I knew you would make me feel better. I am giving that mums's group a miss from now on, I will stick to the other mum's group that I have been going to. I am feeling a lot better today, I have alot of options atm, one being dont work at all, but I need to do something at the same time iykwim so I may even take up more units at uni. Otherwise my parents are branching out a part of their business and have asked me if I want to be involved it in, so thats definately an option, and one where I can take Madeline along as well. Alot to think about atm.

Yep we do bath time every night as well, its part of her bed time routine and it is working very well. Cally try the Johnsons bedtime bath as well if you havent already and also try massaging the bedtime lotion into her temples, it seemed to relax Maddie, but we dont use those products anymore due to excema.

Pregpan - How did Noah go in day care today?

Agnes - Wow cant believe Will is onto his second tooth!

I will be back for more personals, Maddie has just woken and wants attention!

just popping on quickly as ash is a bit unsettled
    we had our needles today (i had the second round of cervical cancer vaccine and man is that painful)
    asha did pretty well though shes still a bit grumpy!!
    shes now 7kgs well 6.97 lol close enough and 62 1/2 cm long was very relieved to see she was still gaining weight etc as since her tummy bug and taking her off solids she hasnt been drinking as much as i thought she should as well as sleeping from 7-8pm to 7-8am so missing a feed there too phew good to know shes doing well..
    will catch up on personals later

Glas Asha did well She is a brave little girl! Rory is only 6.88kg and that is with his nappy & clothes on

Awww Renee, don't worry about it - by the time they are all in preschool/kinder you wont be able to tell who was the biggest or smallest bubs at all. I bet he's just setting his own trend

Noni, Asha did well with her needles, and so did her mum

OK, off to get dinner......

Forgot to say before, my sister is due on March 9th - will be here so soon!! I'm looking forward to being an aunty!

Hayley - we used to use the bedtime bath, but are now working our way through some other stuff I got at the baby shower. Will go back to the bedtime stuff when that is finished. I love the smell of it.

Arte - that is a long bath, do you have to top up the hot water?

Sherie - poor little Alister's bottom. Hope it gets better soon.

I remembered I had a block of Black Forest Cadbry Chocolate, so DH and I are working our way through that.

rennee - 6.97 is with winter clothes and nappy on so dnt worry

Aglinra, that was a massive post, well done getting through everyone. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Pregpan, how did N go at daycare? How are you? It sucks that people are saying nasty things to you about your going back to work. Someone else is not raising your baby, he knows who is parents are and you still make all the decisions for him.

Can't remember who asked but we have a CK baby flipper seat. I don't know how it rates compared to others, it was the only one in the shop when DH went to get it. We don't need to reheat the bath water because we make it at the top of the range of the temperature duck and by the end it is near the bottom of the range.

My little bubba is now wearing size 0 He is growing up too fast. There seems to be a big gap between 00 and 0 though. 00 goes up to 68cm and 0 is for 76cm. 00's are tight around his feet but the 0 are a bit baggy. I looked at some baby clothes in David Jones the other day. I saw a nice sleep suit, nothing special just a nice pattern and it was $50! Maybe I am cheap but I can't spend that much on one item of baby clothing. I have been buying sleepsuits from Coles - a two pack for $11.

This week is fast disappearing! I have to spend tomorrow on the phone disconnecting services and changing address. I have put if off as long as I can.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast