Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #20

Jazmum I don't know how I find the time either (LOL) the other project nearly killed me...study will be much easier - they say 10 hours a week per subject but I'm a bit of a smarty & I assimilate info pretty fast so i can probably get away with a couple of hours less than that but I think it will come down to evenings on the puter and an afternoon on the weekend when DH can watch E (who now expects to be personally entertained during every waking moment or whines incessantly LOL) and that will just have to do.

OMG what is the clickergun thingy - I've been out of the chiropracter loop for too long obviously!

I found the Raffertys at the shops today and during my very brief read of packets I noticed they are better at not putting milk and egg and soy in things. Will remember that in a month or so's time!

Gracie, how exciting with the BB meet up! What a pity our little thread can't all get together, now wouldn't that be a morning tea to remember!

Tinytalk is a baby sign language system, it comes with a DVD, a book and some charts, so you can pretty much do it all at home.

Hi Girls,

Well for a second night in a row I can not sleep. My brain just wont relax and stop thinking. I am in urgent need of some relaxation methods.

Renee- sending you some hugs

hello to everyone.

morning everyone
    leanne - hope you got to sleep eventually it's so horrible when you're laying in bed thinking about how horrible the next day will be if you can't get to sleep.
    i had one of those 'middle of the night' calls last night Dh is away, and his parents are on holidays at the beach. Dh's aunty phoned at 2:15am saying that Grandma is in the hospital and is dying. (she is 95, but wasn't ill as such) I had to phone dh to try to find his dad. Got to talk to his grandma on the phone. Through tears i was telling her that we love her - and get this - not knowing what to say, i come out with 'be careful'. wtf!!!!!! anyway, she calmly says, ''I'll probably go tonight or tomorrow'.
    anyway, sorry for long post. Hannah was awake at 12:30 and then 5:30 - both times with pains in her belly. I soooo hope the next chiropractor visit helps.
    md - i'm not sure what the clickergun thingy is actually called - and i can't really describe it - will google it when my brain is clear.

well this morning after a very restless night last night ive decided to give solids a go again.. she just dosnt seem to drink enough (mostly 180ml bottles, she rarely drinks a whole 210 when i make it for her and sometimes shes even leaving some in the 180)..
    went off to the supermarket this morning coz i thought wed try starting with breaky since we didnt do well with dinner last time.. gosh its a bit overwhelming all the different cereals and things they claim are good for your baby isnt it!! i ended up going with Rafertys multigrain breakfast with banana, apricot and added iron its a rice cereal with a lil more flavour and i chose it based on the no added salt, sugar or preservatives seem to be going well she had a few teaspoons about ten mins ago and is playing on her playgym.. itsays 6mths plus on the front but on the back it says not for children under 4mths so i assume its ok.. was someone saying the 4mths plus stuff is no different to the 6mth stuff anyway? cant remember, anyway she seems happy so fingers crossed!!
    oh jazmum hugs to you!!! its good that she sounds calm but i know that dosnt make it any easier.. hope the chiropractor helps H..
    leanne - am having trouble sleeping atm too!!! hope you get some good sleep asap!
    md - gl with the study, Ash is like that too with the wanting to be entertained, though i must admit shes getting better!

Oh Jaz - poor thing with DH's sick grandma. That brown rice cereal sounds like a pain. Can you do a couple of days worth at a time do you think?

Noni - I've got that cereal sitting in the cupboard ready to go.

Renee - poor little Rory, hope he's feeling better now. I'm sure that it won't be too long until another one of us is posting about an accident with our little ones.

Agnes - we might have to try putting K in the wash basket. She was sitting up by herself on the bed for a while this morning, at least that is nice and soft when she plops!

Hayley - can't remember where I heard about Tinytalk, just one of those things you see.

The last 3 nights I have had to get back up and resettle DD after her night feed. Not good. Last night I had to do it twice. I don't think she's interested in the feed anyway, she was on for 25 minutes and really didn't have much on the second side, I think she's just after some company! Might try leaving the radio on, do you think that might comfort her if she wakes and can hear some noise?

Hi Girls,

Jazmum- I am so sorry for DH grandma and poor Hannah I hope she gets well soon so I am sending you heaps of hugs
    Noni- I am sure Asha will be fine. How are you and your DH going did he get the job?

Well I am sick and tired and totally dreading tonight for fear I wont be able to sleep again. Oh well gotta suck it up and keep on moving I have not time to be sick. Lotto would be nice.

hello to everyone and hope all is well.

Lp where are you. I hope you are ok.

Hello Lovely ladies,

I hope your all having a supa dooper weekend. We went out to breakfast this morning then went for a swim at the beach. Have had a glass of wine and as soon as L is down for the night I will be having a few more. Sort of an early anniversary celebration, on Monday we have been together for 11 years and married for 2.

Cally you must be so tired you poor thing. I hope that K starts to sleep better for you soon.

Noni good luck trying solids again.

Jaz sending you loads of hugs, how awful about DH's grandma. I always seemed to say somethign silly to DH's mum when she was in hospital too so dont feel bad.

Leanne I hope you manage to get soem sleep soon, I hate when your tired but cant sleep.

Renne how is little Rory doing now? Are you feeling better too?

Agnes that is the most adorable picture.

Gracie woo hoo on the tooth, i had no idea you had to clean them so early either. I would imagine its not that important until they are eating food (I really have no idea lol).

Hello to everyone else. No doubt I will be back later and will ramble on after having a few to many wines lol.

Katie,it is our 2nd wedding anniversary on monday too!

Aglinra, our pets didn't need quarantine. The dog is here but with all mums dogs the cat has had to go to a cattery. (just so everyone knows, mum isn't one of those crazy old ladies with a million pets all called Charlie lol, she breeds/obedience shows border collies)

Renee, don't beat yourself up about you accident with rory, it could so easily happen to any of us - you were just unlucky. I went to story time at the library here on friday, a woman had a little bub that she was hanging by his arms and swinging side to side so he was almost horizontal. Poor little bub, he had a look of terror on his face.

JaZmum, sorry about your DH grandmother.

I think the cause of W's grumpiness was something I ate. He was crying in his sleep this morning and then had a huge fart and went back to sleep. I suspect it was all the greasy fish and chips I have been eating.

hey all solids went well it seems not tummy aches today yay for us hehe
    i pretty much only came on to say that hahahahaha
    oh leanne - dp got the job, thanks for asking.. we are not sure as of yet exactly how ongoing it is when they say ongoing but looking good for now.. its not far away from here and its day shift on good money so now we just have to hope he keeps it

K has learnt a new trick - pulling mummy's hair!! She loves it. I put it up in a ponytail yesterday, it just meant she pulled the little ones at the nape of my neck instead which hurt even more!!

DH told me this morning I have been really crabby lately. He told me nicely but looks like the tiredness is getting to me. He played cricket this afternoon and was doing the grocery shop on the way home and still isn't back yet.

Leanne - good luck sleeping tonight, hope it happens easily. I know it's hard, but try not to think about it. I got a spray from Brauer that has helped me the last few nights.

Katie and Arte - happy anniversary!!

Noni - glad that Asha enjoyed her cereal.

Wow I can't believe two our thread ladies got married on the very same day!

Jazmum, so sorry to hear about Grandma. Sending you a very big and well done on keeping your head in a crisis. It's pretty amazing that she's so calm abou it. xxx

Noni, congrats to DP for his job, glad for you that it's the one that's closer!

Arte, I have friend emigrating to NZ soon, they were surprised at the lack of quarantine for puss and pooch when it's so full on for other livestock (they have goats and sheep that are pets but decided to leave them here as the Q process seemed prolonged and cruel). Wow 9 dogs, that must be noisy at times! You have got me wanting greasy fish and chips now.

Well the study is going excruciatingly slowly, we have been having probs with our PC and trying to get it sorted out is driving me BATTY. It's all delivered online too so it's a bit of pain when your technology is not working. DH is away again next week so there goes my productive study time out the window!

BTW I found that quote, I wonder how many of us can relate to this:
    ...babies who have been sleeping quite peacefully for weeks or even months tend to become wakeful as they enter a new stage of physical, neurological or emotional development. And when you combine several factors - teething, say, plus separation anxiety, beginning to crawl, and a greater awareness of the world around them, it is really no wonder that many babies around five or six months old suddenly become unsettled at night. p 92 100 ways to calm the crying by Pinky McKay.

md- are you watching big love right now? margie is so cute

OMG Gracie I'm so distracted by this Bl**dy computer and the study breathing down my neck I have FORGOTTEN it - lucky DH is recording it for me . He's so sweet, I complain a lot but he's a real darling and very thoughtful (well some of the time)! Well I can time shift so I'm off to order my books from the National Library and then I'll be watching!

BTW do you really mean she's cute or do you have a chick crush?...LOL!

i think i have a chick crush. bad. LOL

good luck with the studying, has my mate procrastination been visiting you again???

btw, i went to a session at the local library the other day and gave me some great ideas for some books to use over the coming years. they have books for kids to deal with so many life issues eg. toilet training, family member dying, getting a new little bro or sis. it was a real eye opener. i thought to myself 'md would be proud of me being here!' ha

I can't blame you Gracie, she's gorgeous!

Yay for the library visit - yup there are books for everything! Guaranteed, you just have to find the right one, which is where your friendly library type person comes in handy . I just whipped out one of those books-you-need-at-just-the-right-moment today, it was one of *those* puberty books as alas DD1 is displaying signs of impending hormonal turbulence.

Cally OW at K's new trick - E does it sometimes when I'm doing raspberries on her tummy. haha serves me right. She has really strong hands and won't let go, she had me saying OWOWOWOWOW the time she grabbed one of my earrings and pulled! Hope you and Leanne both get a good sleep tonight.

OMG I finally fell asleep at around 9.30pm and then Olivia started crying at 2am so now my mind is racing and guess what I can not go back to sleep. This is becoming crazy.

time for a new one lovely ladies

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789