Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #23

Marydean - Wow go Elisabeth thats so good! Better start baby proofing! RE the wonder weeks reference - I wonder if thats why Maddie has been crying as soon as I'm out of her site for the past week. No longer can I put her down and walk away, oh no she has to see me at all times. It could also be because she has been sick and therefore clingy I guess?

Pregpan - Thanks for the solids advice, it makes sense to me more now. I was thinking that when I gave her a solids meal she wouldnt get a bottle. I guess at this stage they get their bottle and solids and as they start eating more they slowly phase out a bottle. That stokke chair is very nice indeed! Lucky Noah!

Katie - I got the tray but whats the insert?

I am so happy knowing that tomorrow at uni I wont have trouble finding a car park. I was getting so sick of parking miles away and having to lug my big boofa baby, her bag and my bag full of books across car parks to the creche. The guy who wrote back told me it completely made sense to them and he cant believe this issue slipped through when they were planning the creche haha isnt it funny how it takes a mummy to think of such a small thing!

I was so looking forward to underbelly tonight and its not on! Even finished my homework on time for it lol always the way.

Pregpan, sorry I missed your post before! That's funny I was at Manuka early this arvo (in Paperchain) so our paths may even have crossed...I haven't been to Grandes, will have to check it out. Let me know if Noah ever fancies a playdate with Elisabeth ! BTW I like the way you explained your solids timing, that's how I usually do it, except sometimes with a feed directly after the food.

C'smumma, sorry I didn't answer your Q before...I enrolled for the undergrad librarianship degree by distance ed. I'll enrol again for next year when E is older and happily established in FDC! Good luck with the midwifery, it's important to have a dream to aim for...I can't believe they only have a FT study load...haven't they ever heard of equity and diversity???

Hayley, yay for the carpark, it makes such a difference doesn't it?!

MD WTG little E, thats fantatsic. Logan has been doing the crying when I leave the room thing for a little while, I told DH it would be a wonder week.

Hayley I think the insert is a little padding to go in the chair, on the internet it looks inflatable. I have only seen it online so I really have no idea lol.

Noni yep I meant Easter weekend. PM me some ideas for where and when, it will have to be in the morning for me though.

Pregpan sounds like your going great with solids.

Leanne have a great weekend away.

Arte I hope your feeling better soon.

Sherie how did the Easter bonets come along? I used to love the Easter hat parade at school.

Renee how is Rory doing now?

Tamara we said we would talk about TTC when Logan turned 1, thats coming around very fast though. I want a close age gap but I also want to enjoy L for as long as I can YKWIM.

Logan has decided he likes to wake up at 5am. I have been going to bed at 8.30 every night becasue I am so tired. I feel like such a nanna. I try to lay down durring the day but have never been able to sleep durring the day. We are off to Sydney tomorrow so I have a zillion things to do around the house today, including some washing (its raining though ).
    Last edited by Ozstar; March 20th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

I have a niece!! Iasabelle Jane, 3.8kg. She already has rolls on her arms and upper legs. Gorgeous little thing, lots of hair. She is really unsettled after feeds already, could it be reflux when she's a day old?

Pregpan - DFO is going in at Fyshwick, on the corner of Canberra Avenue, near Bunnings. The building is under construction at the moment, no idea on timeframe for completion, it was supposed to be August last year! Don't know about Ikea. I've heard great things about the Manuka sushi, will have to try it out one day. My parents are in Deakin, so we are very close. Well done on the three naps yesterday, I was pacing the streets at 5:00 trying to get her to fall asleep!

MD - Isn't Paperchain a great bookstore? I could spend hours in there. Can't believe E is about to crawl! We were told by the nurse to DO MORE TUMMY TIME!!

Hope all you sick mummies and babies are feeling better. Touch wood, K hasn't had anything yet.

Hayley - well done on the carpark, that will make it so much easier to get M for creche - and will it give you a few extra minutes at home in the mornings?

Arte - we have some friends (brother and sister) who both started walking before 10 months. The brother has 2 kids who also started walking before 10 months. So I figure that development does follow parents.

Nurse also suggested that when we put K down for her daytime naps (and evenings) to sing a little song before we leave the room. So then she doesn't go from play with mummy to alone in the cot without a transition. Have been doing that the last couple of days and there has definitely been less whinging. She also gave us a referral for sleep school in the holidays if the going to bed, daytime sleeps and resettling after night feeds doesn't improve by then.

K is 7.72kg.

Sorry its short, Dad is out and will want his computer back when he returns and I've still got a couple of things to do!

oooouuucchhhh!!! Lewis just bit me and tried to rip my friggin nipple off!!! what do i do to stop this????

hayley- well done on creating change with the uni parking. you little pioneer!
    i'm supposed to be getting a copy of the 13 episodes of underbelly tonight (straight from the black market). ironic, don't you think? that we melbournians need to turn to the underworld to watch a show about the melbourne underworld?? can't wait to see it though.

md- you're very lucky having the wonder weeks book. there's one on ebay at the moment going for $85. crazy!!!

cally- congrats on your new niece.

happy easter everyone the highlight for me will no doubt be watching chris judd debut for carlton.
    Last edited by Ginger; March 20th, 2008 at 10:17 AM.

Good morning everyone.
    I'm waiting patiently for Charli to wake up so we can go to playgroup. She's been asleep for an hour and a half and usually I am lucky to get 45 mins out of her for her day sleeps!

Noni, Charli was actually 13 days early. She was born by elective CS because I had PE. She would have been a big bubba if she went to term! It will be Asha & Charli's happy 6 months next Wednesday

Marydean, that's exciting that E is getting up on her arms and legs. Bit scary too though i'm sure! They are just growing up sooo fast aren't they
    Yes it is a bugger I cant do midwifery part time There are 2 Uni's in brisbane that offer it. At ACU I'd have to go to Uni 5 days a week but if I got into the University of QLD I'd only have to go 3 days a week for fulltime. Also at UQ they have a fantastic way of learning where basically you are learning AND working in a hospital from the 5th week of first year. I guess it's like the old way that the nurses learn't on the job except it's with a university component. I'd have to increase my rank by 6 to get into the UQ course though so I think I will do 4 subjects of the bachelor of Nursing by distance ED over the next 18 months and hopefully my grades will increase my tertiary entrance ranking enough to get into the BMid at UQ. Well that is the plan anyway!

Hayley, what are you studying at Uni?

Ozstar, i totally get what you mean.

better go, Charli girl has just woken up!

Tamara

Had an awful night last night, turns out he has my cold. Rory was up every hour until 1:00m and then again at 4:00am. He couldnt breath through his nose so he was waking up screaming. And when we would try to leave the room after settling him he would flip out and get so worked up. He just wanted to be cuddled.

Im going to the chemist, any tips on what I should look for to help Rory clear up.

sorry for the selfish post...AGAIN!

Renee, maybe some eucalyptus oil or similar to put on a cloth that you can wave in front of his nose to maybe clear it a bit?

Cally, congrats on being an aunt! Must bring back memories of when our bubs were all new, getting to know them and finding our ways as mums.

Gracie, at mothers group last week they were saying that as soon as bubs bits the boobie to give him a flick on the cheek. If they don't see you doing it then it is associated with the action of biting and they don't do it again. Three of the ladies there had done it that way and were only bitten once.

Katie, sorry Mr L has decided that 5am is wake up time. Hope you have a good trip to Sydney and that you and Noni can meet up

MD, yay for E! How clever! I have just realised that I am not ready for a mobile baby - I put W in the walker in the bathroom while I had a shower, he was fine playing with his toys and then I looked again 30 seconds later and he was over patting the toilet seat.

Packing tonight, long day tomorrow travelling - 3.5 hours to airport, 1 hour flight then 2 hours to IL's house. It is an evening flight so we are going to go halfway down, have lunch and a break at mums, then go the rest of the way and have dinner with friends before the flight so that should break it up a bit.
    Last edited by Artechim; March 20th, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

Im such an idiot! I had Vicks Baby Balsam (sp?) the whole time and didnt think to use it! I bought a whole load of stuff (panadole, vicks, pawpaw ointment, colic tonic etc) when I was pg for things like this. Arghhhh. My brain wasnt working last night, I was just in panic mode!

Art - Sounds like you have got a busy few days ahead of you. Enjoy yourself. *high-five* for being so adventurous (to me anyway). An adventurous day out for me is going to the shops & a friends house LOL!

Gracie - I want our Chris Judd back!!!! Eagles have no hope without him.

hello hello
    just got back from a nice lunch at the shops with dps mum.. this morning i made easter kebabs if anyones interested lol.. apparantly my dads g/f saw it on sunrise or something.. u thread small solid eggs onto skewers they look great will port a pic.. mind my bed hair lol..
    rennee - fess is great stuff for clearing out their noses!! it comes with snot sucker and all!! someone was saying they were told to just suck it out with ur mouth yuk lol buy the snot sucker!!!
    arte - goodluck with the travel tmw
    charlismumma- wow 13 days early i was hoping asha would come early lol but she had other ideas!!! where is charlie up to developmentally.. asha is kinda inching along the floor.. she rolls over when i put her anywhere.. she even rolled over and out of the bouncer this morning!! sometimes when i hear what the other bubs are doing i feel like she is kinda behind though..
    gracie - oooouuchhh!!! not sure what to do about that *hug*
    cally - congrats on the neice Asha weighs about that much too!! shes getting so big now!
    katie - i will pm u but i dnt think anything will be open on sunday

thanks for your advice arte, i'll give it a try next time the little bugger does it.
    have a great time at ILs

renee- you can't have him back he's ours! LOL looks like his girlfriend is enjoying the shopping and horse racing in melbourne too much to ever return as well

noni- easter kebabs sounds good!

hello hello!

Easter parade was good, but I had a thumping headache so didn't stay for long once they'd done it. I will take a pic later and post it for you all.

Noni, I saw your pic of the easter kebabs, they look really effective don't they? clever girl you are.

Renee, I hope you are both feeling better soon. I know how bad I felt the other week and I wouldn't wish that on anyone let alone a baby, poor little mite. Can you raise his bed up so he isn't laying flat on his back? It might help him breathe a little better.

Gracie, ouch at the nipple biting! There's an article on the main site about booby biters but I can't remember what it said now.

Arte, I would have been ropable with your Dad if I were you. And I kwym about rabbiting on with crap, my dads the same

Pregpan, I am living my life vicariously through you ATM LOL, your life is way more exciting than mine.

Cally, congrats on becoming an aunty! K sounds like she is doing really well

Tamara, how was playgroup today?

Hayley, well done on your victory in getting the pram parking. Designed by a male I bet

Marydean, Miss E certainly is a clever little chicken isn't she? I think that the 26wk wonder week should be renamed the 'anywhere from 20 to 27wks' wonder week LOL. I hope this stage passes soon.

Big news here too - ALISTER IS CRAWLING!!!!!! he'd been getting up on his hands and knees for about a week and rocking and we thought he'd be a while off yet but on Tuesday night he actually worked out he could move forward when he moved his arms and legs. He didn't get far and still much prefers comando crawling still, but I managed to get a picture of him doing it and put it in my ticker.

With the solids, we haven't started still. He was 6mths on Tuesday but I'm like 'meh, can't be bothered yet' LOL. I will start sometime over the weekend as we have a pretty easy weekend lined up as DH is working. I am pretty pleased that I made it to 6mths though, it was just a goal I had this time round. Not sure how he will go with it all though.

OMG!!! sherie- i can't believe Alister is crawling!!!
    i can't believe it!!
    lucky we are working on our deck tomorrow! i'm scared lewis might be ablt to crawl off the edge soon!!!
    it's scarey how fast they're growing

Sherie, Well Done Alister! Does it ever slow down or will I spend the rest of my life wondering how time can go so quickly?

I was pi$$ed at my father. I only met him a few years ago and it isn't that I don't like him - he just isn't my cup of tea. We don't actually have any thing in common and it is hard to make conversation with a middle aged guy with no shared interests (although he does have verbal diarrhea). My mum and him broke up when I was a baby, he moved back to Australia and didn't have any contact with us. I looked him up when I moved to Australia, just out of curiosity and to find out medical history. I wasn't looking for a big Oprah moment, wasn't even going to keep in contact but DH guilted me that it was only a couple of dinners a year to make someone really happy (he feels bad that he missed my childhood and thinks that we could have a great father-daughter relationship). He always finds a way to get DH alone and talks about me ie how I feel about him etc. I find that really irritating. And he told DH that he didn't feel so bad that we weren't close because I am not close to my mum either (I am)! Anyhow, sorry to rant about that but he dropped in on the way back down the island today and didn't even apologise when I said that Will had caught his cold, just made another lame joke.

Solids are going o.k, I gave him some potato/kumera tonight and he mushed it and ate a bit. He must have liked it because he squealed and grabbed when I offered him more. Most of it ended up on the floor (the dog just started to like him a lot more). The infant led weaning thing is quite interesting, if he has put too much in his mouth he will just gag a bit, bring it up and start again with another piece. I am worried about choking but he does seem to know what he is doing. It is going a lot better than spoon feeding for us.

Art - Cant pick your family can you Poor Will, I hope he doesnt suffer too much with his cold. Its very stressful looking after a sick bub. Ive been wishing all day that Rory would get better. I cant stand seeing him like this. Fingers cross they both get over it quick smart. Im glad the infant led weaning is going good for you guys. xox

Sherie - Awwww little Alister is crawling already!!!! What a clever little man Give him a cuddle from all of us.

Noni - Glad you had a nice arvo with your DP's mum.

Cally - Aw im sorry I missed your post CONGRATULATIONS on being an Aunt You sound so proud. Katie is going to have a cousin to play with, she is so lucky! Congrats again

Well to top off my horror week AF has just arrived and im on the PILL! How is that possible??? Now im going to look bloated for my BIL birthday. Ahhhh

I called my mum this morning to ask if she knew anyone with a vapouriser I could borrow. Turns out she has one YAY (from the 1980s but heh it still works). Im going to put it on for him when he wakes from this massive nap. Im glad he is getting some rest.

I know it's scary isn't it! I don't think he'll be crawling everywhere for a while yet, he's happy doing what he's doing and I'm certainly in no rush to help him progress faster LOL.

Uuuggghhh Arte! what an awkward relationship to have with him. Why would he think that you didn't have a good relationship with your mum? I'm following what you're doing with Will's solids with interest - the girls both preferred to self feed and Alister is really into the whole thing of putting everything in his mouth, so he might be that way inclined too. LOL at the dog liking him more - they will be great pals

Gracie, how high is your deck? we have a verandah along the length of the easter and southern sides of the house and when we first brought the place I had visions of kids falling off and trips to the ED so I had FIL put railings all around it.

Sherie - How well do you know your vagina!? Hahaha I'll have to have a read of that one! WOW go Alister I cant believe he is crawling!! Exciting stuff, what do the kids think?

Tamara - You'd think that with the shortage of nurses in our hospitals they would be a bit more flexible with their course, I know alot of it would be hands on but surely there are some units they could offer externally?! I am doing a double degree in social sciences (social work) and home economics teaching for secondary school. Its a perfect course for me because for ages I couldnt decide whether I wanted to study social work or teaching and then a couple of yrs ago they introduced them together as a double degree. Absolutely loving it so far.

Katie - Hope Logan gets back into his normal sleep pattern for you. I'll have to check out the inflatable insert for the chair, I never saw it.

Cally - Woo hoo congratulations Aunty! 3.8 kgs what is that in pounds? lol. Maddie was 8 pound 4 I think thats around abouts 3.8 isnt it? And yes she was born with rolls on her too, so adorable when they are chubbas. So what happened in the end, did she end up having the c section?

Gracie - I'm such a meanie, I had to have a little giggle when I read about Lewis ripping your nipple off. Sorry it just sounds so funny the way you worded it! Sounds terrible though, hope you can get that sorted out. Send Judd back thank you very much! Another underbelly fan!? How do you get it on the black market or is that a big secret?

Renee - Oh no poor Rory! Also try a vapouriser. Hope you have an easier night tonight.

Noni - Sunrise have had some yummy easter recipes atm, did you see the one with the hot cross buns and chocolate? Do you know if they have the recipes on their website because it just looked divine. I will check out your pic in a sec.

Arte - Thats a shame about your relationship with your father. I dont know personally what it must be like for you, but my own dad had much the same relationship with both of his parents so I can understand to a degree. It must be so awkward. Glad to hear Will is loving his solid food.

Btw Noni & Tamara - Wow Maddie is 6 mths on the Thursday, so we have 3 bubs turning 6 mths next week!

To anyone I've missed, hope you are all well.

Hayley, 3.8kg is 8lb6 there's a conversion chart here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/baby...onversion.html most people use kg, but I always like baby weights in lbs LOL. My sister is in melb and gets mum to tape it for her and send it down to her. I suppose it would only take one enterprising person to do that and sell them on the side. They didn't really think it through when they decided not to screen it in vic did they

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast