Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

*YAY*!!!!!! MD is back! So glad to hear that you did take something away from QE2 kwim? I really hope that the next step for you makes a huge difference for you. The bonnet sounds lovely. The Baptism we went to for our friends baby in May, she had a white cotton bonnet and this very simple long cotton smock over a long white jumpsuit and she just looked divine.

Hayley, the gut is the key to overall good health, so if your gut is unhealthy, then chances are the rest of you is too. 80% of the bodies bacteria lives in the gut, so you need to make sure it is in tip top order to have a good crack at fixing everything else. The problem with ABs is that they kill off everything - not just the nasties they are supposed to kill off, which is why you can be more susceptible to thrush after taking them or in kids they will have a lowered immunity to everything else going around. LOL at your MIL being a nurse - my Mum was a nurse too but you wouldn't think so now, she's a absolute shocker.

Arte, I love how the same thing can have different names in different areas - if you walked into a cafe here and asked for a pluto pup, dagwood dog or batter sav, you would get the same thing - a battered saveloy on a stick. If you asked for a hot dog you would get a frankfurt in a bun. One thing I do hate though and have been caught out with when on coastal areas, if you ask for a 'scallop' in a cafe you get those horrible little molluscs, so you have to ask for a potato cake LMAO. Our here you have to ask for a Tasmanian Scallop to get one of those and scallop gets you a potato cake - so confusing!

Lovely day here today - very brisk outside but the sun is out. Apparently we are gonig to be in for a lot of rain come Sunday night - like INCHES of rain. I hope not, we already have our dams full so it will all just flood and make a godawful mess everywhere. I know we need the rain and all, but not that much at once kwim? Mother nature just can't get it right lately.

Poor Alister has a sore bot-bot. He and the girls have had a pox virus for 2wks now (blistery pimple looking things) and the girls seem fine now, but Alisters bottom is red raw and I don't know what to do next because its a virus, so nothing will clear it. Apparently it can take up to 6mths to be fully rid of it depending on your immune systems reaction to it and the kids are already low. When I took them to the Dr he said you can only treat it with Iodine, but I'm not game to put it on with the skin so raw. hurts him to poo too, because as the skin stretches, it hurts him.

LOL Sherie, here a potato cake is a potato fritter (if you are talking about the slice of potato in batter) , a scallop will get you the shell fish. So funny how some things are called something different every where you go. Don't even get me started on Thongs (which are thin strapped underwear!!!!)

LMAO Arte, I love how NZ'ers call them Jandals - a friend of mine is from NZ and still calls them jandals and it cracks me up everytime LOL.

Awwww Trillian, A's butt sounds painful, poor little thing, That virus sounds nasty.
    Lu is also still on AB's for her UTI. I give her Jalna, i thought that had live culture in it, but i may be wrong..... Do you know?

MM- Inner health for kids is from 1yr. But like someone else said a tiny bit is good. A friend works for Inner HEalth and they have been giving a tiny bit on the end of their finger to their some since he was3 months old. I have some on order at the local pharmacy, should be in this week.

MD- Hope the Baptism goes well today. Wish i was at the snow, cracker day. We're only about an hour and a half away, so when DH finally has a weekend off we'll sneak up.

Cally- We call then little boys here too!

I wont even start on MIL's, i'm just pleased mine lives a plane flight away. I would be furious if anyone gave my children food they knew i didn't approve of. JaZmum- i totally agree on getting dh's to talk to their mums, why should we be the baddies all the time?!

Often around our house we say 'oh stop being a sooki la-la'. Just mucking around to each other usually. The other night Lu was a bit grizzly, Dh picked her up and said 'come on la-la' and she looked at him and said 'la-la?' It was pretty funny, particularly because she doesn't say much else.

ooooooo baby awake......

Ange, the Jalna does have live culture too. You could try some Brauer's recovery tonic too - got me some yesterday for Alister as opposed to giving him probiotics cause I'm not sure how to give it to him yet. How cute at Lu saying 'la-la'. I tried putting some manuka honey on it but it really hurt him and he started crying as soon as it went on, so I just put some more iodine on with his last nappy change and he didn't seem to mind that as much. I might give him a tub later with some bi-carb in it to clean it properly.

Trillian, A's skin sounds really sore. Do you have any Aloe Vera? I find it quite soothing for skin ouchies.

Ange, cute about L saying la-la. I am eagerly waiting a first word.

Cally, W does all his page turning with his left hand. He also uses lefty for picking up small food like peas and when he is practicing picking up two things in one hand. I was reading a thread about it though and apparently you can't tell until 2 or 3 if they are left or right handed.

It was snowing here. There is at least an inch of snow on everything. DH is moving some of our stuff up from storage two hours away. He had to go the back way because the road was snowed shut, now I am worried the back way will close too.

OMG W is constantly on the move. He is sitting playing with something and then something catches my eye and he is going sailing past. He can now carry things while walking which he is quite happy with.

Oh bummer DP got the inner health plus for adults. Will that matter do you think? Damn I cant get anymore because it costs a bomb & I would hate to waste it.

Sherie - Ouch that sounds really painful. Gosh I hope it doesnt take 6 odd months to fully clear up. Maybe even just let him get around nakie for a bit, a bit of fresh air may help? Maybe I am thinking of a nappy rash? The aloe vera sounds like a good idea. Oh ok thanks I didnt know that about the gut, we are food shopping today so I'll stock up on yoghurt & get some brauers.

Ange - Wow lala she's so clever! Thanks for the advice re the inner health.

Arte - Snow you are so lucky! I've never seen snow. Is it freezing cold? Is that a dumb question lol. Will is so clever, walking and holding an object at the same time is a big skill to get the hang of. I am so in awe of him I am sure you have a doctor on your hands!

OMG far out I was just watching video hits & they had a pussycat dolls song on, am I a prude because I think they look like a bunch of slappers! Whats with the line 'when I grow up I wanna have boobies'?! How on earth am I going to stop Maddie from growing up too fast, scary.

hello ladies

lewis is sooo whingey, he is doing my head in. i just had to do the housework so i put him on my back in the ergo and vacuumed the whole house. he won't let me put him down at the moment..
    idk, did any of you guys find that when your bubs hit 9 months they went a bit crazy? he just seems really out of control atm- into everything, very demanding.
    i'm so tired. he was up about 5 times last night.

ok, so here we say 'potato cake' and 'dippity dog'. just to confuse things even more.

ange- la la made me laugh. very close to lulu- maybe she thought daddy had got her name wrong.

arte- i hope dh makes it home ok. i still can't believe how advanced W is. When do they start running? or don't tell me....he's probably already doing it!

sherie- A's bum sounds so sore poor little man. i had really bad chicken pox all over my bum once so i feel his pain! hope he gets better soon.

Mm- guess what we had for dinner last night? zucchini and carrot slice.....mmmm yum! thanks for your recipe. keep em coming- i'm always looking for easy vego meals.

md- you're back!!!! have fun at the snow..

well.....i guess i have to stick to my promise now that md has returned and let you all know the big news.
    you've all already guessed anyway, you smarty pants

yes, we are going to have 2 under 2.
    i'm pregnant again!
    it is still very early- haven't been for a scan yet. got an ob appointment booked in for the 25th. we estimate it's about 4-5weeks but i really don't know.
    very happy about it all- i was a bit overwhelmed and shocked at first.
    dp is absolutely over the moon- way happier than he was about the first pregnancy, probably because he doesn't do anything!!!

Congratulations Love!

Yay Rainy, I am so happy for you Congratulations.

Have you had much morning sickness? Did you get it last time?

I am going to live vicariously though you because I realllllly want to be preg again!

OH MY GOSH, You made me say the f word out loud!!!! Big congratulations Gracie that is so excellent! Have you had morning sickness yet or any symptoms? When did you find out?

thanks girls

arte- yes i have constant morning sickness! i feel like throwing up all the time. it's awful.
    i had it really bad last time too. it's basically how i've known i was pg both times. it all starts with nausea for me.
    lets hope this little one sticks. i wasn't going to tell anyone cos it's so early- i'm such a big mouth though!

hayley- you just made me spit my drink out!!! i can't believe you said the F word out loud!!! what did dp say?
    um i did a test last thursday afternoon....then another one on tuesday. both positive...

So thats why you were nauseous the other day hehehe you cheeky thing

yes, that's what made me take the test cos i felt like throwing up all the time!

I knew it!!!! Congratulations to you both hun. Now maybe this will spur your DP on to get a gorgeous big rock on that finger

Just wanted to quickly say:

Rainforest Caongratualtions lovely, thast such awesome news. :woot:

Will BBL to hopefully catch up.

yes sherie, we've been talking about that a LOT too!!
    i'm hoping it will happen soon

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY Rainy!!!!!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you!! Lol about your dp being more excited because he knows he doesn't have to do anything!

mm - i probably wouldn't use the adults inner health - maybe phone your pharmacist - they might exchange it for you. I've been giving the kids inner health to hannah for about 5 months now - our chiropractor told us to give it to her. It's such a tiny amount that you give.
    arte - snow!!! how exciting - and cold! Do you have heating inside?
    sherie - poor A. I hope you can find something that will soothe it.
    md - good to see you back i'm glad your time away gave you some coping strategies.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast