Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Default Babies Born September 2007 #35

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-34-a.html

Ok, so here's the photo, flawed as it is!

It was really lovely seeing everyone today!

Love the photo girls, its a shame Leila isn't it. I wish we could have all been there. Must have been great getting to know each other IRL.

Leanne well done on the bargins, I hope you have a good night tonight.

Arte good to see your back, whats the new place like?

Pretty average day here, DH has a gastro bug so hasn't been much help. I managed to get all the groceries done though so we can just hang around home tomorrow. Does everyone else have a million 1st birthdays to go to? We have! I went through my baby cookbook, which I forgot I had and there is so many things we want to try. I will post some of the good recipes when I've tried them.

Ohhh love the pic MD, its so great to put faces to names. Lucky girls wish I could have come along!! Elisabeth & Katie look gorgeous in their pink jackets & look at little Noah and his head of hair!!! Lol bummer about Leila! Must be fun meeting irl.

Ozstar - Yep all the first birthdays are coming up and I know of a few we will be going to. Gonna cost me a bomb!! Exciting though isnt it.

Gosh it is soooo good to be able to put faces to names now Cally, Clare and Pregpan. I still can't get over how gorgeous all our babies are! The doofus who took the pic needs a right stern talking too though - I can't believe they didn't think that you would want Leila in the photo too

Far too much chatter in the last thread to catch up on it all LOL. So glad the meet was lovely - even if I am still a lovely shade of green

Not a lot happening here - am one child short tonight (and maybe the next night too - not sure on that yet LOL) as Lindsay is having a sleep over at a friends house tonight. And I have been trying to catch up on folding clothes - my loungeroom floor is covered with them LOL.

I did catch talk in the last thread about toys for babies - we haven't even thought about Christmas yet. We have his birthday covered - we are getting him a bookshelf and a few small toys (a duplo harvester and a little tikes truck). For Christmas though it will probably be a few tonka's or FP little People etc. We have baby toys up the waazooo LMAO, so we don't need anything like that.

We don't have any first birthdays coming up luckily LOL - we want all the attention on our first birthday Boy We will be having a party for him though. I need to start doing the invites soonish I suppose.

Pregpan, I would be direct with the FDC lady and tell her that you would rather he ate what you provided and if she thinks he needs more to let you know so you can send more food with him. Besides that how is FDC working for you?
    With the breastfeeding, I am hoping he will self wean sometime over the next year. Actually, it is the only way he will go to sleep and I won't be surprised if he doesn't wean until some therapist convinces him that girls don't like 27 year olds that still need mummy's boobies to go to night-nights lol

MD, thanks for the pic, I am so jealous. You all look lovely and what a beautiful bunch of bubbies! You didn't lose E's baptism pics did you? Hope not. That is a terrible fear of mine to lose all my photos. I think I will make some more recent back ups.

Toys: Will loves the ball pool, he dives in and out all the time. Other toys he likes are - bead maze, Little People (car garage), balls, books

Birthdays: We don't know many little kids here, so his is the only one but I haven't planned anything yet.

Sherie, I have had masses of washing too, we finally got all our stuff from storage but the linen smelt a bit funny after sitting for 4 months so I had to wash it all.

Rainy, that was rude about the other mum saying bugger. I bet she is struggling a bit with motherhood and so assumes that anyone having another bub close together must have had an accident. I am hoping to join you and Ange in spew-ville soon, DH has agreed to TTC number 2. Unfortunately we have to wait until next month because I want to go to a friends wedding in March and they won't let pregnant ladies fly after 36 weeks. I have only had one AF though, so I am not even sure when I am fertile or anything.

Renee, hope Rory is feeling better and your DH is home soon

Pregpan, Happy Birthday?????

Well, we are all settled into the new house. It is nice to have our own stuff and not be cramped in a tiny holiday chalet. Will is walking so well now. He can change direction easily, crouch and re-stand so he can pick things up without having to plop down and he doesn't need his hand in the air for balance. He can kick his ball and chase it and kick it again and can throw it to us. He can also find daddy's nose now. I am constantly amazed at how quickly he learns.
    Last edited by Artechim; July 13th, 2008 at 08:55 AM.

Was a good catch up - shame I had to leave early to pick up the tyre that DH got a puncture in the day before! Was good to meet the others, I had pictured Pregpan as a blonde so now I know what she looks like!

Jaz - Target have big displays up of the toys that will be on sale, there are heaps of the bigger ones that they are doing rainchecks on, so you can go in any time over the sale period and order it. The smart trike is one of them so that is what we are going to do. Then we can pick it up at our leisure rather then trying to negotiate the pram and the trike and the crowds.

Arte - I think K might be getting a bead maze as well for her birthday, they look great. She has a toy she loves at mothers group but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Glad everything is going well over there - did they sort out the deck, is W going to fall off?

Christmas is still far too far away for me to be thinking about toys. I thought I was doing well planning for her birthday already!! I'm also conscious that we are only one income at the moment, so even though we would save money in the sales now, we're still spending money that we don't have a lot of until I go back to work. Plus I'd be worried that she might be over whatever toy I get by the time she gets it!

I noticed tooth number 5 yesterday! Top right. Sneaky one popping up with no warning.

Oz - hope DH gets over his gastro soon. Took mine 8 days before he was comfortable looking after K when he had it.

Had Indian takeaway last night and the leftovers are looking very appealing in the fridge so might have to have a second breakfast of that.

Cally, Happy 10 months to Katie The deck isn't fixed but they are putting another house out the back during the summer so I guess we will mainly use the front yard anyway.

Hi Girls,

Well last night was great. We were home by midnight.

Wow I really must say that our babies are the cutiest babies I have ever seen. I love the photo girls.

Art - Glad the move went well but bummer on the deck.
    Pregpan- Is it your birthday? If so I hope you have a great day
    Hayley- Amoxyl is a antibiotic. Olivia is starting to get better.
    Hello to everyone and I am now off to do the food shopping..

lol i just cant keep up lately!! i come back and its a whole new thread!!!
    asha is so skinny yet she just dosnt stop bloody eating lol.. this morning shes had 1 and a half weet bix with milk and water then a bottle then she had a tin of apple custard then she had a vegemite sandwich then another bottle and now she has just eaten two milk awroot biccies and shes still got dinner and another bottle to go lol... i swapped her milk to soy on her cereal after some horrible almost dioreah(sp) poos that i am not 100% convinced are just down to teething so i am just backing off on milk and yoghurt but we are still doing cheeses and stuff just see how we go..
    poor little possum has an awful nappy rash from the poos shes been doing very red raw.. its so awful i just cant win with her and rashes!!!
    ummmm what else... an old friend from school contacted me on facebook and i went and saw her on friday.. she lives near here and has two kids one 2yo and one 10mo both very cute feeling less and less socailly retarted these days lol with a few more friends on my list haha...
    leanne - what was up with olivia? gladshes getting better now
    arte - i cant believe they still havnt done anything about ur decking!!!WTG will with the walking!! asha wont even let go of the table for more than a few secs lol...
    cally - ohhh tooth number 5!! i have a sneeking suspicial weve got one of those coming!!! iywym about living on one income weare and will be living on one income for quite some time i think because the kinda jobs i could get wouldnt pay more than it would cost to put ash in childcare anyway lol..
    sherie - you should see all the clothes in our spare room lmao i love having a spare room everything justgets chucked in there when theres no where else to put it!!
    katie - we have a few 1st birthdays coming up lol 2 or 3 and they are all within weeks of eachother too so i am gonna have one very hypo bubba haha..

hi everyone
    md - thanks for posting the photo - it's fantastic
    cally - thanks for that - i'll just wait a few days after the sale starts. Have you done any research on the smart trike?
    leanne - great that you had a good night last night. Did you get a sleep in this morning?
    noni- it's nice when your list of friends increases
    arte - your little man is so clever.

Hannah is not sleeping well at night, and it's all my fault. I think i'm going to have to resort to a little bit of comforted crying. I rock her to sleep and during the night when she wakes up, i get into bed with her (she has one in her room) She has a dummy too, so i'm doing everything wrong lol. Any tips?

Lol Jazmum too sweet, you are such a caring mum. Maddie has a dummy too and I'm not giving it up for awhile yet, I can just imagine how that would go down! I've also been doing a naughty thing, feeding her back to sleep (at bedtime and during the night whoops)!!! I dont know I guess being the middle of the night and being tired, we do whatever is necessary? I tried controlled crying last night, it was so hard I gave her a bottle in the end. Haha so no real tips I can offer sorry, but just to let you know your not the only one.

Noni - Yay for a having a new friend! Wow Asha has a varied diet, lucky girl.

Leemar - Thats great that you had a good night out, who took the kids? Nanna?

Cally - I am the same with the toy sales, I know they are on special now but its just more money to fork out that I just dont want to think about it atm. Doesnt help that we have a holiday coming up to save for and just got the water & shire rates which are $2000 between them!! Not to mention we are hoping to get married in Bali next yr, whoever said money doesnt make you happy was lying hey!? Oh DP & I are major indian takeaway fans hehe.

Trillian - What are these FP Little People that i keep hearing about!?

Arte - I am amazed at Will's developments. Maddie loves the ball pit too. I am so excited about you ttc, thats great!

Oh oh MD I am so excited, I showed the wheelie bug video on you tube to M's nanna, as she wants birthday/christmas ideas. So M will be getting one from Nanna, they look great!

hi everyone!
    thanks for the bday wishes - much appreciated - only it isnt my bday ha ha ha!!!
    was sonice to meet clare, md and cally yesterday and the divine babies... hope we can do it again soon... would be soooo fun if our whole group could meet some time.
    had a lovely weekend - my mum came yest lunch time and just left - so lots of spoiling and playing with Noah... we are all exhausted now!
    Jaz - if it is working with hannah why stop??? we are having anightmre with N's sleep too...trying not to think what we have to do about it
    ok better go - will beback on tomorrow.
    xxx

thanks mm - you're a good mummy too Little People are everywhere at our place - we pretty much have a whole village set up in the girls's play room. There's a house, farm, garage, school, playground, train/station and heaps more that you can buy. They have buttons in them that make sounds and the little people and animals live in them. Jess got the train for her first birthday and we've just added to it over the years. The girls still play with them.

pregpan - it does work for Hannah and i, but i don't think i've woken up in my own bed for the past month. Dh is missing me. It would be so great if we could all meet one day!!

Haha Pregpan, the random birthday wishes are my fault lol. I thought that you said a while ago that your DH was going away the following week and missing your birthday? I think I got it mixed up a bit though LMAO

MM, little people are a Fisher Price thing, they are just little people (original name lol) that have cars, buses, planes they can go in and bigger buildings like barns and car garages etc. W loves his, he pushes the cars down the ramp and looks for them at the bottom. Ouch about the council rates etc. I don't miss that part of owning a house!

Noni, good to hear you are finding more friends. It really makes a big difference if you can get out of the house and talk to different people sometimes.

Leanne, glad your night was good, and well done on the bargain shopping!

JaZaH, no tips for sleeping here. Over the past 6 weeks W has improved from waking every hour to only waking 3-4 times a night and I think that is great lol. Since we moved house he has been waking up more again, probably about 4-6 times a night but I am really hoping that it is only a setback and he is not going back to the old pattern. We still full time co-sleep and feeding him is the only way to get him back to sleep. I live in hope that he will grow out of it, don't want to breast feed a teenager.

Other toys that get a lot of use here are: Duplo, W loves to bang it together and sometimes the pieces stick together which he thinks is very cool. The other thing is a rubber snake. It is about a metre long and he likes to rattle and shake it around.

oh dear. Trying the comforted crying here at the moment. so sad every time i go into her she thinks it's play time. Off i go for the third time.

eta - i don't think i'm going to be able to go the distance
    Last edited by Patooties; July 13th, 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Jaz just wanted to send some . I have no advice for you though.

Arte we have bought L some little people for his birthday. My friends little boy loves them.

Noni good to hear your getting out and being social. L could eat all day long too. I have 4 first birthdays coming up not including Logans.

I am buggered tonight, L slept through last night but I woke up at 4am coughing very typical lol. Have done all the invites to Logans birthday now I just need to post them and decide on what cake I want to make. We have a bit of a busy week this week so might not be on much but will try to keep up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

why oh why dosnt my baby sleep??? waaaaaaaaa... lol up at 2 and then she comes in with us and instead of wanting to get up around 7:30 8 today it was 6:30 its driving me bananas!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast