Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

Oz hope you are ok! Sounds like a weekend away with your beautiful niece will do you good.

Hi Girls!!

Arte: oops sorry! all my acronyms must be confusing.... when i joined BB i was painfully aware that i wasnt up with all the texting lingo (being a non mobile owner). so went in 100% learning the lingo on the FAQs section here LOL!

MD: awesome to see a cute widdle bunny wabbit! not so cute to see a rodent pest eating your crop . do post some piccies! i love the little fluffy mites.
    and yes, it was declared time for a hot chocolate when the firies turned up! LOL! mmmm mmm mmmm.

Oz: wow girl, i hope you are holding up okay, and seriously no need to worry about bringing us down on here, i figure it's what we are all for...to be the sounding board and extra support when stuff IRL gets too full on.
    have fun in sydney and give that new baby loads of cuddles for us! mmm sooo clucky!

MM: it's a tricky one when they crack it big time in public. i tend to just pick her up under one arm and continue on my way (yes, screaming, smacking, kicking all included! LOL!). if she gets too hysterical and i can sense that even that tiny bit of attention is feeding her fire, then i put her down dont make eye contact with her and use a normal voice as i walk off to say 'cmon leila we're going this way' (or something to that effect). even though it doesnt stop the tanty it is at this stage enough to then go back pick her up and walk outta there!! LOL! so embarrassing. robin barker has some good suggestions in her 'mighty toddler' book....

AFM: all good here. off to the international flower and garden show. should be interesting as miss L is already in the land of grumpy pants. but ah well, i figure her tanties will be soaked up by all the bodies and thus wont be so loud! . we are also seeing some houses today....saw the most beautiful house yesterday, with original fire places (3!) 3 rooms and open plan living with a yard! problem was the area. the street looked really dreary and there isnt a park in sight. so despite the house being pretty much everything we want, i am not sure i am willing to commit to an auction...hmmm. tough one.

Awwww Katie, you've had so much going on lately, what with the worry about the belly babe and your BIL it's no wonder you're running on emtpy. A trip away to have snuggles with the new baby sounds like a perfect pick-me-up. See you when you get back!

H, When he's having a tanty at home I just ignore him, but if he's in public I can't really do that LOL so I just pick him up and keep on moving and he gets over it after a while.

Clare, bugger about the house! It's always the way isn't it? I'm sure the perfect house is out there somewhere for you. Have fun at the flower show too.

ROFL MD at you all fighting over the lollies.

No much happening today. Erin had an OK night considering, but gee her ear is mucky. It's really quite sore to touch so she wont let me near it to clean the muck away thats come out. She is in a happy enough mood though, which is great because when she's not happy, no one is happy ROFL. Am also in the middle of giving the boys room a good going over too but decided I needed a BB break

Trill - poor Erin, hope she's not in too much pain.

Katie - hugs, hope you have a good weekend and your batteries get a happy boost.

MD - bunny pics please!!

Clare - I do love a good storm! And woohoo to firemen turning up!

Arte - thanks for asking about ITMS, I was wondering exactly the same thing yesterday and meant to ask in my post!

Hi ladies, just jumping on before we head out for our romantic child-free (!!!) night out...sorry I haven't organised the bunny pics yet, will try to get onto it tomorrow. Got a bit busy with my fruit & veg shopping this am...the best F&V shop in all of Adelaide and it's right in the middle of the Italian patch so lots of other yummy treats to check out while I was there....

Katie I'm sure you've left but I hope you have a lovely weekend and come back feeling refreshed or rested. xxx

Trill - LOLing at you taking a BB break halfway through tidying a bedroom! Anything to get you thru! LOL

MM - we've had a couple of tanties in public, I either let her thrash it out on the floor, or I pick her up and carry her out. The trick is stay calm yourself - no matter how you decide to deal with it - other ppl can think what they like - just remember they ALL were tantrum-throwing toddlers at some point in their lives too. xxx

hi girls, sorry i've been so slack with posting, i just rarely have a free hand these days. i read everyday though, i just can't reply. i'm thinking of you all too xoxox

clare- that house is not 'the one'. you'll know when you find the one you want. we have a park across the road here and it has been a lifesaver for me, i think the area is super important.

md- enjoy your romantic time hun, you so deserve it. there's not a lot of romance going on around here atm...
    my new pram is fantastic,the boys were completely dry! i love thispram, it's better than a gym membership. lewis goes and sits in it all the time yelling out at me to take him out in it, he loves it and loves to reach over and pat jimmy's hair while we're walking.

trill- poor erin, sounds ouchy!

It does all make sense now!!

Rainy, good to see you. Glad that L loves the pram, sounds perfect! I am still tossing up what to do pram-wise, I have only been for a few walks since we moved, not sure I want to spend heaps on a good pram if I don't use it much so might look around for second hand.

Trill, Erins ear sounds really painful! Hope it clears up for her soon. Is it school holidays yet? How is L going with the know-it-all kid?

MM, Wow at the tanties! I call it a tanty when W stands there crying for 30 seconds, sounds like M is far more impressive lol I have no idea what I would do if he started throwing himself about, I am sure you are doing the right thing by ignoring it as much as you can though.

Clare, I am a acronym dummy too. I send 10's of texts a week/month but I only know about 4 real lingo things. It doesn't matter though because 90% of the people I text would have no idea anyway.

Oz, please don't feel like you are bringing down the mood in here, we wouldn't be a very good support group/friends if you can't come and vent when you are feeling down. How is your BIL doing? Mentally as well as physically - it is really hard for active people to suddenly be confined. Is he staying with you?

W had his first ice-cream yesterday, we told him he could have one the same as ours and he kept saying 'same ice-cream' all the way to the shop, then looked so proud of himself sitting at the park eating it. He wouldn't surrender the stick for ages lol

arte- i still can't believe how much W talks, it's crazy!
    well you have lots of choice for prams over there LOL, aren't the mb, p&t and abc prams all made over there? you could def find a good second hand one.

katie- hope you're having a lovely weekend in sydney with your gorgeous niece.

well all 3 of my boys are asleep so i'm about to crawl into bed myself before all the mad midnight wake-ups begin. lewis woke up heaps last night- screaming out. i'm not sure if it's teething or nightmares or what but he seems really upset and feels quite hot to touch. checked his temp last night and it was 37.5.

we're heading to the playcentre in the morning so that lewis and dh can have a runaround.

Hi girls!

Rainy: great to hear from you! and you're right, sometimes just reading the posts is all i can muster too! and i dont have a newborn thrown in the mix LOL! great guns about the pram!
    and you're right, i dont want a lovely house in an area where i am isolated. i would much rather sacrifice a yard and have a big park opposite (like we have now). this way the dog gets to galavant around and leila gets to play on the swings and slide and i get out of the house for much needed sanity breaks.

yeah,sounds like Lewis has a wee temp brewing there. that he can get some good zzz's in tonight.

MD: woot woo on the romantic escape! how delicious! prrroar!

Arte: mmm icecream! leila had her first today too. i think i have unleashed a demon LOL! it was banana gelato and it went E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E!!!!! ah well, i guess sometimes things must be a whole body experience.

Sherie: man, poor erin! that does sound ouch-a-rama. hopefully the ABs will kick in soon enough and do most of the healing.

AFM: well, we saw our DREAM house today. great spot, great place, double story vic terrace, but darn it, JUST out of our price range. we have this rule that we want to have 20% deposit, so that means we miss out by like $5k. i am gutted. but ah well, i guess we'll just have to keep looking.........but it was PERFECT ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Leila is starting to really get the hang of the concept of 'poo' LOL! we have been doing lots of 'fun' potty games lately and are quite clear in telling her that she has done a poo or a wee when we change her and it is starting to sink in. so now when she has just done a poo in her nappy she comes up to us and points at her bum and says 'poo!!!' so funny! but also quite good as it means that there hasn't been too much squishing! LOL! (we use cloth so squishing is best avoided LOL! ).

Clare, could you put in an offer of the house less the 5K? They might take it, we offered $15K less on this place and they hardly even thought about it. It is definitely good to have less poo squish lol

Rainy, yip, those prams are from NZ companies, but only the mountain buggy is still made here lol Could L be getting some more teeth? W has been red/hot and a bit grizzly at night and then another eye tooth popped through. It is crazy how much W talks, but it is so handy to know what he wants although I feel like a bit of a slave when he is sitting on the couch yelling out 'cold drink please'.

Went out on the boat yesterday, it was such a perfect day. W had a great time.

hey everyone,
    sorry its been so long since ive been on.. im trying to set it up so i can log in on my phone coz im hardly ever on the computer anymore lol too lazy to get off the lounge! just gotta change my password because i dont remember what it is and my comp logs in automatically for me lol..
    everythings going pretty well.. am starting physio on wednesday for my hips and pelvis, having a bit of trouble with them this time round, hopefully it dosnt get too much worse as i get bigger but i spose starting physio now might help that..
    bubbas gettin bigger, hes very active, feel him moving alot unlike when i was pg with dd.. cant stop eating lol all i seem to do is eat! and when i plan to go for a walk or something one day it seems to start raining!! been terrible weather here always raining, grass is sooo long! the lawnmower man was supposed to come last week but couldnt coz of the rain and now its looking terrible!! that and i mixed up what day my council clean up was scheduled for so they took our old lounge coz it was already out the front but all the other stuff was still down the side of the house grrrr!!
    got a text this morning that one of my friends is in hospital having her baby.. im just busting to hear more news!! eeeep! they didnt find out the sex either so that i am busting to know!!
    umm what else has been happening? finally started changing my name over with things, so far have done medicare and rta, next will be the banks and stuff i spose...
    anyway im just talking crap now lol!
    clare - i agree with arte deff try offering the 5k less u just never know! haha less poo squish! i wanna start tt with asha, i bought her a potty a while ago but i havnt really focussed on it yet iykwim?
    rainy - hope lewis is doing better now.. hows it been with a newborn? im really starting to worry now about how i will cope with both a newborn and a toddler especailly because Asha is so full on sometimes and really demands your attention..
    arte - wow i cant believe W's talking skills! "Same ice cream" thats sooo cute!!
    md - how was the romantic child free night out? hope your well "hugs"
    trill - hows erins ear now? sounds nasty. hope shes doing better now!
    hi to everyone i missed.. must be off Ashas climbing on her table grrr!!!

Clare break your rule and get your dream house hun. Just do it. That money could get frittered away any way over the next year that it takes to find the next 'dream house', (that's how long you've been looking, now, isn't it). The abundance you invite into your life by going for the very best thing will reward you in the meantime. xxx

Hi girls!

aww, thanks for the house advice girls! we are seriously considering (as in, i have decided, but DH is umming and ahhhing ). he doesnt quite get the fact that in order to buy a house you actually need to BUY IT! lol! this place is awesome as well because it doesnt go to auction (which is something he really doesnt want to do). but oh well, i am at his mercy (not quite that dramatic LOL!) on this one, so will have to wait and see.....it being bought by someone else LOL!

Noni: great to hear from you! we miss you sista! that hip thing doesnt sound too great...i think PP was also having trouble with hips this time too...i think....

Arte: oooh, so the ABC buggies are no longer made there? that's interesting.

so jealous of your boat trip. love the ocean.

hhmmm not much to report here. hopefully this time tomorrow my tonsils will have exited the building. i am actually feeling quite calm about the whole thing, but i think i am transferring my anxiety to 'how the crapola are we going to look after leila tomorrow'. DH has to bring her in with us at 6.30am to the hospital. she is going to be berko about the whole thing and no doubt i will be stressed to the max. ah well, happy days.

Rainy - I think W's talking is crazy too...but I still reckon it must be an inherited trait from Arte .
    We know you're there reading, even when the one-handed typing is too much! Is L better today? Do you think it might be teeth like Arte suggested?
    BTW have you heard from Ange, how she's doing?

Noni - great to hear from you - good to hear you're getting the physio organised, it really will help. Yay for your friend having a bubba, how exciting!!

OMG Beyonce is on Oprah. How sad am I for watching it?!

Katie - I hope you're feeling much better after the weekend. How's your BIL going now? I

Arte - icecream - that's brave! We usually get Missy E a little dairy cup - much easier to contain the mess that way!

Well our night out was fantastic - we went to the movies even (Slumdog Millionaire - amazing film!) and had dinner at this lovely little Italian restaurant and worked out we probably ate there for the first time like 18 years ago (!!) and the place has not changed one jot (they even had the pasta I had the first time still on the menu LOL), and then we realised we were spot on the anniversary of when we first met. LOL So we're not doing too badly I think. The girls both enjoyed staying at their aunty's house, Missy E slept all night without making a peep.

Anyway the hotel was lovely, we were upgraded. There was a funny moment when we going up in the lift and 8 semi-naked tongan rugby players all climbed in (fresh from their swimming/saunaing) - OMG all that buff flesh, I did not know where to look! LOL So yeah, it was a good weekend.

ETA Clare - I meant to say - GOOD LUCK with the de-tonsilling tomorrow. I'm sure it will all go smoothly. I'm kind of relieved now, I wasn't really confident in my home-surgery skills at all. LOL

MD: woot woo on the upgrade! that is so awesome. awesomely jealous over here LOL!
    and to get buff bods in the elevator too.....aahhhhhhh.

look i had all the faith in the world in you and arte on getting these tonsils out. .

Clare, best of luck tomorrow with Leila and the tonsils. Hope it goes smoothly for you. PUT AN OFFER IN ON THE HOUSE!!!!!!

MD, sounds like you had a great romantic night. I got to see sweaty post-game Warriors in a Sydney hotel once, but they all looked a little down since they had a massive butt-kicking lol

I don't know if ABC prams are made here or not, I hadn't even heard of them until I just googled! I have seen them in the shop but thought they were mountain buggies.

We went on a shopping trip today and at lunch W pulled his straw out of his drink and stuck it in his mouth and kept saying 'smoke, smoke'! DH and I were wondering where he would have learnt that and then W popped out and said 'grandpop one'! I can't believe how quickly they learn things (especially naughty things!)

abc are made by phil and ted, as they have now sold the 'phil n teds' brand to someone else, so abc is their new venture.

good luck with tonsils clare

i am sick- sore throat, headache grrrrr

Rainy: hope you aren't getting too sick. not much fun when sick, esp with kidlets in tow. you feel better after a good nights sleep.

Arte: so true! they have a love affair with all things naughty LOL!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast