Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

Mm- thanx.. Its good to know someone understands!! Ashas not sleeping well atm at all either I think that's what's making it all so hard!! I hear ya on the never eating in peace thing too I NEVER eat without being interupted by squeels of 'give me some' unless I wait till she's asleep to eat and then shell usually wake up just as I sit down to eat it grrrr!!!

noni- it's so hard when you're pg and you feel like crap, but i promise you once the baby is out you feel sooo much better. i went through a really hard stage when i was first pg and lewis wasn't sleeping but you do get through it. i found taking lewis to playgroup and swimming and things like that really helped as it entertained him and got his energy out iykwim? so then he didn't 'hassle' me as much when my tolerance was low. playgroup is fantastic as you can almost 'sit back' and let them go wild.

mm- is maddie teething?

Evening Ladies! I have only just finished reading this whole thread & have had many thoughts. Forgive me for the lack of personals as as lot will be covered in general.

Easter: Boys got Thomas colouring in book & magnetic set from ex MIL, soft toys from my mum, choc bunny from FDC mum, choc bunny from my nan, Bob the Builder torch & 4 accompanies eggs from me & then from Easter Bunny, a storage container with names on each (sticker letters) & Thomas stickers & then it had inside take along train tracks & some trains & between them a small bag of red tulip solid eggs where shared. On the day though, they only got the eggs from me & easter bunny, a bunny from FDC mum 2day & the other one is still in hiding. AFM, I got myself a box of Roses on Thurs & ate most of them then. LOL
    As for choc in general: Cadbury or Whitakers! I love the cadbury solid eggs that are out at easter but totally didn't buy any this year.

As I was reading everyone's thoughts after my last post I was in tears at having such a wonderful group of people here but then I had more tear when i PML at Trill's poem.

It was suggest to me to read the Sue Dengate diet on ADHD. I got it out of the library a few weeks back, still have a long way to read, but have started taking alot of stuff out of both of their diets. Its amazing just how food can effect them, & with Alex, esp the fruit he loves.

Toddler beds: Jack has one set up in his room & on the rare occassion uses it but then he makes games of it & I end up putting the portacot back up.

Development: OMG J is a lil monkey & loves to take the leap of faith (faith being that mummy with catch me). He knows who Bob The Builder is & knows to pat his knees for the Little Einsteins. We have started on the farm animals in the last month & I have noticed that lateley every time he passes wind, he puts his hand on his nappy & says "talk" (as in his 'bum talked'). His fav word is "*****". He drops something "*****", I drop something "*****". Quite cute actually. Have been watching hiim alot of late & I can't believe that he isn't a "baby" but a little man of his own. The lil cracker has had a growth spurt of late. Begin of March I put a booster seat on layby so that I had it when it came time & then I realised that he was only approx an inch from the top of his toddler seat. I looked at him on Friday & realised that he is almost an inch above his toddler seat.

SAHM's & housework: LOL, well I have to do it all, but doing it whilst the boys are home, I basically do the dishes & the washing & the cooking & cleaning up after them inc toys. Though the last few days I have been pretty lazy as I have been so crook.

Today sucks. Has been a long drawn out day & I have just about had enough. Hence why I am in the dilema I am in & back on tablets. I am so angry & frustrated & I can't control my feelings & its starting to take effect in my relationship with the boys. I came back from Coffs Harbour exhausted & everything from then has just spiraled. I have worked out I am angry with my ex but that is a far as I got. So I went to the Dr in dispair. Have had some side effects inc drowsiness thus I have been sleeping most days when the boys go down, extreme nausia & loss of appetite. I was so bad yst I was vomiting. & then I had a tummy bug & lost 1.1kg yst alone. Thank god I have put some back on today though. I'm rambling hey. Still very exhausted though.

Anyways ... I should let you all get back to your nice evenings.

Noni: I hear you hun. I do not miss the days of having a partner that I had kick in the bum to do things or never gave me a chance to have time to myself. When Jack was born, the only time I was allowed to leave both kids with my ex was when I was going to counselling, otherwise I had to have one of them with me always. (Until we moved then I refused to give in & would just go out). The only time I had away from Alex, that my ex had him, was when I was in hosp, or once for a girls dinner but then my friends finance came over & kept him company. The other time was my hens night & I had to go home at midnite to relieve the soon to be MIL. It does make it hard for a person when they feel that they aren't getting the right amount of support. Chin up hun, you (& us ladies) know that you do wonders.

ETA:
    Clare: glad to hear bout your tonsil's (sp!). hope your recovery goes smoother now you have worked out your pain relief drama's.
    Last edited by andie82; April 13th, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

hello all!!!thought i would let you know i am still alive!!!
    i came on last night and caught up on allthe news but that took such a long timei had no time towrite! glad you all hada wonderfuleaster with your little sweethearts -sounds likea lot of choccie was had by allwhich is good to see!
    i amback home after a week in melbourne - was working a lot of the time but hadagreat timeanyway catching up with family and friends. N did another sleep over at mums - this time muchmore successfully - just one wake up for30 mins...
    he has been sleeping a little better - bc the incisors have finally broken through though they do seem to still be bothering him.must say these have been pretty awful teeth for him
    clare i am so glad the op went well, it sounds like you had some serious damage sobetter out than in. bummer about being allergic to thepain meds - what bad luck. how are you feeling now?
    md i am behind in your life change...but i think you had some more tests. when do you get the results?sorry i am not on topof things
    arte - welli would give your dh a big kick up the behind... i dont know how you girls who sah really do keep on top of things.if he has offered to get a cleaner - get one! mine is my life saver. my mum has also just offered to get me some more helparound the house to do washing, ironing, bigger jobs, prep veg, shopping etc for me...sheoffered from when baby is born for 6 wks or so.. and then suggested it starts now. i must sound sooooo lazy but i have accepted the offer. wasnt sure about it butwith my pelvis the way it is and everything else it hink it will takesome pressure off... so tell him that if he wants to hear lazy!!!!
    andie - hope the meds are doing their thing and you are feeling ok. sounds like your ex has been helpful...
    iam stillhating FDC now, it is getting critical... willget ontoitagain today
    i have a day off today - YAY!!! it isprob the 1st day i have had to myselftotall since N was born.plan to relax and also lots of jobs to do. cant wait!

Hey everyone..
    Went thru all ashas clothes that she's grown out of and was pleasantly surprised by all the tings we can use again!! I have given some of it away but mostly I've kept everything haha I have a whole large plastic storage container filled to the brim with things to wash and sort into sizes for this little one.. A lot of its barely warn coz A grew so quick we won't have to buy much at all just a few more blue things to chuck in to the mix lol.. Don't know what im going to do with all her girlie stuff.. There's soooo much and I have a feeling dhs brother and g/f are having a boy.. They aren't finding out tho so I have to wait till after then to do something with it all which is kinda annoying me coz there's just soo much of it and we could really use the space!! Ahh well...
    I feel soo burnt out right now!! Dh is still sick but I wish he went to work coz its sooo much harder when im not coping and I know he's sleeping the days away! I know he's sick but that really dosnt make it any easier atm! Ashas not sleeping and im just constantly yelling at her when she's up coz she's really cheeky and im exhausted as well as having trouble with my hips and back still.. I just feel like I wanna crawl into a big black hole and never come out ahhhhh!!
    Better go guys Asha stinks sorry again for the selfish posting lately!!

Preg: good luck with FDC & getting your chores done today. HOpe you enjoy the day to yourself.
    Noni: totally understand, sympathise with you hun. Can you take A somewhere she can burn the energy off like a safe park or playground? Stuff the housework too hun. Take some time to have a cuppa, as many as you feel like, don't feel guilty bout sitting down & catch your breath.

Bummer ladies, it does sound a bit like the SPD back/hips thing is a bit of a theme with second pregnancies. I do feel for you all.

PP - yay for the extra help. You go girl. We all have these ideals about keeping house gorgeously and how that reflects on us as women, but the truth is, for at least the last 2 centuries, if you were a middle class woman with a middle class house (and any kind of life outside the home) then you usually had hired help - even it was just a washerwoman or underaged maid. I think it was WW2 when sistas had to do it all themselves in reduced circumstances when the idea of having to do it all yourself became popular. Pffft to that!

Noni - sorry to hear you are having a hard time. It doesn't help becos when you're feeling sick you don't get to take to your bed and sleep for hours!! Anyway, just remember, this too will pass and you will have your little bubba and life will go on and it does get easier!!

MM - I had a chuckle at your DH doing a happy dance over the telly. LOL men are such simple creatures.

Andie, sounds like Easter was a bit of a bonanza at your house! DD1 got heaps of chocs (we kept it minimalist this year but the family went a big hog wild) but they were all sensible with Missy E so only a few little eggies for her, plus a quacking duck from the EB and a bunny with a book in his tummy from Grandma! Glad you've started to identify how angry you're feeling with your Ex (in my experience, there's always a layer of anger sitting underneath depression). It might be worth asking your GP if there are some free/low-cost counselling services in your area - it will help you work through some of your issues so that you can feel like you're making progress and not just medicating the symptoms, kwim?

Rainy, great tip about playgroup. I'm in the market for a new playgroup, have decided to drop Kindergym for a term, but I think playgroup could be a good outing for both of us for the same reason you said - it doesn't require too much energy. LOL! Plus it won't matter as much if we miss a week here or there.

Arte, that's great they're so on top of the homebirth thing in NZ. Apparently it's like that in Britain too. If I were you, I'd be booking the cleaner and I'd make sure that when DH gets home every day for a week you are sitting on your arse eating chips out of a packet and watching Home&Away with the dinner not yet cooked. Sort of a passive resistance kind of protest, LOL.

Katie, hope you have made up for your late start with the E.eggs. LOL. Do you have a plan in place for when BIL comes home, so that you're not run ragged by yourself? I bet it could be a bit confronting for a few days until everyone gets used to the way it is. xxx I hope it all goes as smoothly as it can.

Poor Clare - oh I do hope you are feeling better day by day. Rotten luck about the painkillers. Though I suspect it's a temporary state caused by all the stress your poor bod has been under. Rest up as much as you can, remember to put yourself first whenever you can. Sending you psychic chicken soup, sweets! xxx

AFM - exciting times here, I have DH at home at my disposal so a lot of the little projects I want done are getting attention! Already he has moved all the furniture in the spare room and we're about to get compost for my garden. Organic winter veg here I come!

Arte- Iagree with MDre the passive protest. do it sista!!!
    having a good day off - wellgetting through lotsof chores - just madeahuge soup and some vegie fritters, sis my passpot renewal (kida urgent as we are off to bali next fri - YAY!)as i dont have any pages left, tooka whole heap of N'sold clothes to women's shelter, nowabout to clean out the pantry (after i finish on here and an epof gossip girlLOL). it is passover so lots of things off the menu at the moment soi am glad to havesome food in the house. my mum is in town for work so she is coming over at about 6 - yay she can bath N tonight - he has been asking for her the last few days...
    md-i so feel foryou with the pelvis last time,i fear i may not have been sufficiently sympathetic but i am in somuch pain.i am alsomourning bc i haveto stop yoga now...

hi girls!

not much time for personals....

BUT....

PP: man i hope the FDC thing gets sorted in a good way or that you find some good care at the other place soon.

Noni: sounds like you are really having one of those crapulent weeks. this too shall pass, this too shall pass lol! man, that is my mantra lately! bring on the good times i say.
    ooohh mwahhh! it must be so cool going through all those widdle tiny clothes again!!

Arte: nah, i dont think too many ppl would do the whole royal family connection thing...at least i wouldnt LOL! my besties name is Jasper, and i have to say that he really pulls it off...i lurve Elsie! beh, if they call her ella i wouldnt be worried about elsie. maybe if it was ellie i would think hmmm, but otherwise keep it on the list!! Poppy is also a name that a girl's sister in mums group just called her DD...

MD: inspire me with your winter vegies....we need to do some planting in the patch...

Rainy: yup, thankfully the cat is getting better! we are so relieved. maybe he realised the bank account was empty so thought better of a downturn!

AFM: well all pretty rotten here still. barely able to eat, sleep or function thanks to a significant lack of adequate pain relief. but i *think* the end is nigh for this tonsil drama. one side is starting to feel less jabby...fingers crossed.
    Our toilet training (thanks robin barker!) is starting to really come along. not for the wees, but the poos are definately becoming winners .
    um, not much else to report. trying my hardest to enjoy having DH home and the ABSOLUTELY gorgeous weather (OMG how GOOD is it????!).

thinking of you all!

xx

PP - yeah it's bad. I don't think a lot of ppl really "get it" - they think it's just normal aches and pains from PG and they don't understand how debilitating it can get. I was only a very short way off needing a walking frame but luckily DH came home when he did. Awwww about your yoga, you must be crushed.

ETA - ok veg: will put in silverbeet - you feel healthy from just looking at it LOL plus some carrots and beetroots as they are all easy to grow and will juice up nicely. Plus prolly some garlic (if it's not too late already) and mebbe some brocolli. Plus a few lettuces cos the ones I've got in are cranking along. I love cabbage but don't like the slug element they attract, but I might have a shot at some curly chinese cabbage, it makes such nice salad. Oh and I am fond of rainbow chard but only if i can get seedlings.
    WTG on the poo-training Clare!!

clare - glad the cat is getting better.... and glad you are too.. a little less achey on one side is better than nothing. how much longer is DH home for?
    md i dont know how you did it last time... it sounds like it was serious for you. lucky for me i have a v strong core etc so i dont think it will get to that. i am majorly bummed re the yoga... i better find a replacement.i will dopilates i think but this is not the same. bah!
    got a new cook book today - bill granger's new one - love it!!!
    your veg sound some yummy and healthy MD. yum!

pap- seems to me there'd be no need to get rid off all n's old clothes.....unless of course you're having a GIRL!!!!! BUSTED......BIG TIME again......

md- wish we could have a playgroup together

jaz-thanks for the osteo suggestion. taking jimmy on thurs,he's just so unhappy

PAP, I was thinking the same thing as Rainy - it must be a GIRL for you!!! Sorry to hear about your poor pelvis, seems to be very common (although that doesn't help you any). Bummer that FDC still isn't sorted out.

Rainy, when W was very little I found he got windy/spewy/unsettled if I ate too much sugar (a very helpful suggestion from JaZaH for which I will always be grateful!). I experimented a bit and could eat plain biscuits but not cake or chocolate. DH could even tell when he got home if I had been naughty or not because W would be grizzley. I couldn't eat yum stuff until he started on solids at 6 months. So just a thought, have you looked at what you eat vs when he is more unsettled? Hope it gets better soon for both of you. BTW, if you are going out to Ange's tomorrow say hi from me.

Noni, hang in there. Wish I was closer so I could give you a hand, take Asha to the park or something so you could have a bit of a break. Does your mum still take her for an arvo every week or two?

MD, I burst into laughter reading your advice lol. I shouldn't really complain, he helps heaps with W, I just think he expects me to keep the house MIL clean. Good luck with your vege garden, I am going to buy some Feijoa bushes next time I am in civilisation, pretty excited about that as they are my favourite fruit. Can you buy Haighs chocolate at normal shops or do you have to specially go to the Haighs store? DH is in Melbourne next week and I might get him to pick me up some. But I have a feeling I am a chocolate redneck, I seem to prefer the cheap and nasty ie cadbury, the bunny I stole from W was Lindt and I didn't think much of it . I like my chocolate jam packed with sugar.

Clare, that is great that your cat is on the mend. What was wrong with him? Didn't one of your cats get hit by a car recently? Yay for the toilet training! No luck here (unless the bath counts??)

MM, I soo know what you mean about never getting to eat in peace. We went out for dinner the other night for the first time in ages, we had to tag team to keep W occupied wandering around the restaurant while waiting for our meals, but by some miracle he sat in the highchair and ate slow enough that we both had time to finish before he wanted out. Didn't push our luck for dessert though.

Trill, how is Erin's ear now?

Elsie/Elsa just makes my mind jump into a terrible rendition of Born Free, so I probably won't be able to use them lol. Luckily I have a crap surname which doesn't go with anything, so at least I am not limited by that!

I think today W had his first proper tantrum (I think)! He wanted to go outside but it was raining so he kept putting his shoes on and hanging off me crying for about half an hour. He wouldn't even use his words and I couldn't distract him to do anything else. I honestly don't know how anyone puts up with that kind of behaviour on a regular basis, I was very close to losing it. Very frustrating.

Art - LOL tantrums are a daily occurance here im afraid. I have a very strong minded little man who wont think twice about telling his mummy or daddy to 'go away' or 'dont touch'. But we are working on those ...issues Yesterday I couldnt get him off my leg!! *sigh* why did he have to take after his dad haha.
    Checked out some pics on FB, W is growing up so big! You must be so proud. He is so bloody cute!!!

Clare - Pain relief?? What happened??? OOO toilet training sounds daunting!! Whats your plan of attack? Would love to know how to get it started, R tells me when he does poos so that could be a start.

Sherie! Oooo I love Elsie!! If we have a girl I would love it as a middle name, Shyla Elsie Rosie ....sounds a bit hippy haha. How is the family? Any plans for the school holidays??

Okay ive got to go im utterly exhausted. I joined the gym and its been killing me. I never knew I was such a weakling haha. D's back tomorrow yipeee.

arte- thanks for the tip about sugar, i'm actually doing 'light n easy' atm, do you have that in nz??not sure, anyway, i guess i'm actually eating relatively healthy atm. the only indulgence i allow myself is one cappacino a day and i can't give that up! i'm really hoping the osteo tomorrow makes a difference.
    yes i am heading to ange's in a couple of hours. looking forward to seeing her and the girls, especially seeing as they are my boys' future wives LOL
    my all-time favourite girls name (which jimmy was named up until the12 week u/s when we saw his doodle) LOL, is a very popular one...but i'm so completely in love with it i was going to use it anyway... Lily

renee- wow sounds like rory is talking heaps! that's fantastic

Renee!!! You are alive!!! I have missed you! sounds like all is going well with you.
    Rainy and Arte - you detectives you.... hmmm are you onto me???? I willnever tell, though scarily close to D Day when you will all know anyway. just remember i was giving N's old stuf to the women's shelter since he was 6 months...it is our family thing to do donations at passover and jewish new year... Lily isim MILname - but i do love it.
    Rainy - how do you find Light N Easy with BF? are you STARVING? do they adjust it so you can have more? Give Ange a big hug from me too.
    Thanks for all the support re FDC - I have a meeting with the Director today. i dont think much will come of it and we just needother solutions but i will feel better for having had an official meeting i guess.
    Sherie was thinking of you on the weekend, we spent the weekend at a friend's farm. i can so see how wonderful that lifestyle is for kids.. N LOVED the tractor, and had a major tanty when he had to get off. i thought of all alisters antics and totallygot how ge gets up to such mischief withall these tempting boys toys EVERYWHERE! this farm has a massive vege patch (well not a patch but more ofafield LOL) and N had such fun digging around and 'fnding'carrots etc. and he could not believe there were tomatoes on all the trees - i think he thought only apples gre on trees. it was gorgeous!

Rainy, I do like lily but there are heaps of kids around here called that already. And I have a weiro cousin called Lilly, which has turned me off it a bit. My if-W-was-a-girl name was Lucy, but I have met quite a few since then.

PAP, sounds like N had a great farm visit! Lots of fun. Glad you are finally having some sort of meeting with FDC, seems like it has dragged out for ages. Are you having much time off when bubba arrives? It isn't much longer now! It has gone so quickly.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast