Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

Arte - I am stopping work mid June (YAY YAY YAY thistime I cant wait!!!) so at about 36-37 weeks... then I am not sure when I will go back, at this stage I have said probably around 1st March so bubba will be 7 months, but this willbe part time. I am trying to be flexibleabout when it is, but this is abotu when i went back last time and it was good for me. We will see.I amunsure what I will dowith N the whole time, it kinda depends what child care comes available. i will defleave him in foracouple of days buthe will havemoretime at hometoo which will be great... thee is no way hewill stay with the current carer at all though, so if i dont have anotheroption by then i willhave him home with me whilei find something- or will at least cut the days dramatically (maybe he will go to her 1 or 2 days - i fear how i will cope otherwise - my hat off to you all AGAIN).how are you feeling these days? i cant believe you are 19 wks already! when is your scan again and are you finding out gender?
    I just dida big shop of basics for N on amercian apparel - highly recommend for quality and comfort girls.

Hi everyone! I meant to post in here yesterday but clean forgot LOL.

Clare, great to hear that you are improving. Soon this will be a thing of the past and you can enjoy your tonsil-free life. Well done Miss L on the TT too!

ROFL Arte, you gotta love the weirdo cousins. So what is a Feijoa? I haven't heard of them before.

MD, we have gone all out this year with the winter vege and have cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onions, beetroot, peas, spinach, turnips (can't make vege soup without them LOL) cabbage, carrots, parsnip (again for me vege soup), radishes and lettuces. I'm going to buy some vaccola jars so I can preserve what can't be frozen - we stil have loads of spinach and cauliflower from last year in the freezer.

LOL PP, yes, now you can see why he is like he is LOL. But as much as he loves the tractor, he gets a bit scared of the noise, mind you it is a huge tractor (the wheels are taller than me and I'm 5ft 6) so it makes a huge noise. Awesome of your Mum to arrange for more help for you - and no it doesn't make you lazy, but by golly it will really help you out.

G, I am jealous of you getting to have lunch with Ange. LOL at the girls going to marry the boys. Fingers crossed the osteo helps Jimmy out. Another thing too is what may not have upset L might upset J, so even though you are eating well, it could be something as simple as too much acidic food etc.

Hey Renee! ROFL at you being a weakling - soon you'll be benchpressing with the best of them Rory sounds just too cute with his dominant nature

Well I have a heap of wet washing to hang out and now we have a dust storm always the flippin way LOL. Oh, Erin's ear is fine now, still some awfully black looking stuff in there but I'm not touching it. We don't have anything much planned for the holidays as DH is either working, or if it rains, he will be sowing so we're sort of snookered till the July holidays probably. I am taking the kids to Griffith on Friday though as Lindsay needs footy boots as Auskick registration is on this saturday and he is busting his bum to play 'for real' but I think he's too small yet LOL - the age grouping is up to 12yo and there are some awfully big 12yos that play, so I think he can stay in auskick this year and then join up for next year. I have brought loads of crafty stuff for the kids to use though - Go-Lo is in receivership and our local one is trying to get rid of everything so it's all marked down to absolutely ridiculous prices.

LOL Sherie you prob wouldnt call what we were on a tractor then.... the wheels were prob Noah's size.. but he loved it (and so did DH)!

LMAO PAP, were you on a ride-on mower??

Scan still two weeks away, not planning to find out the gender but will be watching very closely to see if I can spy anything lol.

Sherie, you are missing out!!! Feijoas are a green fruit with a lovely inside that you eat with a spoon. They are a winter crop, I am buying some trees soon so hopefully next year I will get some.

LOL PP, but he had fun and that's the main thing.

Ohhhh, I think I know what they are - I'm sure I have seen them on a cooking show but I think they migh have a different name over here.

Hi Girls, hope you are all well.

I am exhausted after the Easter weekend, M hasnt been sleeping well at all. There's nothing apparently wrong, she is just being hard work. I spent last night sleeping on the floor next to her cot, first time I've ever done that, a few times thought she'd nodded off so went to sneak out back to my bed but she would scream the house down. Of course DH helps out, we have a tag team system going haha, but I try to do more as I know he has to get up for work whereas I can always have an arvo nap. Its so hard when I speak to my SIL & friend at work who both have bubs that sleep through no problems! Ahh!

Also I was wondering if anyone knows, after coming off the pill how long can it take for your period to arrive? I've been waiting 5 weeks now with no sign! & No not utd done a test.

As for vege gardens, I' was meant to do my winter veges over the weekend but never did. So this week I will be onto it, definately need stacks of lettuce as we are big on salads in this house.

DH's plasma is being delivered today, he is so excited its ridiculous lol.

Rainy - Will be nice for you to see Ange & compare your lovely newborns! Yes Lily is a beautiful name. My friends bub is Lilarni - Lili for short.

Renee - Thats a gorgeous name, I dont think its hippy just different & original.

PAP - Hmmmm I dunno still thinking its a girl lol. No I know I remember your last donation of N's clothing. Very good of you.

Trill - Yes I saw go-lo is in trouble, crazy clarks is too & I want to go down there today to see if they have dropped prices too, I want one of those shelves with the coloured boxes on them to hold toys.

MD - What is an 'organic' vege garden, I've always wondered?

LOL noeven the real farmer called it a tractor - but maybe it is more a tractrette!!! ha ha ha!!! my daredevil (not) family enjoyed it anyway!!
    I love feijoas too - my grandparents had a massive tree of them and they bring back so many childhood memories. yum cant wait to try N on them..
    have to get passportpics today - i need to renew my pport as it is full and we are off to bali on friday next week (did i tell yuo that already?) - great 10 yrs of a pic of my bloated preg face!
    MM - poor you with the sleeping - i hear ya -i wish N would sleep through!!! do you ever take her in with you?i find that easier and then a few hrs later we deliver him back to his cot!! its kinda nice having him in snuggled up to me...
    hmm no idea re thepill and period returning as i have whacko cycles - chinese med and acupuncture helped me heaps (and with TTC miss cluck cluck)

I know thats why I am willing it to come PAP! We have tried bringing her to bed with us because we love the snuggles too & have nothing against co sleeping & pfft to 'bad habits' etc, but the little wriggly worm just wants to play & jump in & out of the bed hehe. So it never works for us.

Well lucky for me she has had a 3 hr sleep today, which she has been refusing for about a week now, so she has just woken & we are off to do some op shopping & crazy clarking!

MM have fun at the Oppy! I found a new one last week but just as I got in the good bit a bus load of grandmas pulled in and it got a bit cutthroat after that LOL. Organic means they are grown without any pesticides or artificial chemicals or anything. Often they are not as purdy as the shop veggies but they contain more life force energy plus none of the toxins that may be present in the mass food supply. Also kinder to mother earth. If you're into that sort of thing.

PP - LOLing at your description of farmer N! Sounds like you had such a good time. GL with your meeting with FDC.

Clare why am I not surprised that you have a bestie called Jasper? LOL RU feeling better today?

Arte, glad my strike-action suggestion tickled your funny bone. BTW I haven't told you my list of names. For girls, I loooooooved Enid (means "LIFE") but DH wouldn't have a bar of it. Also loved Edith (Edie as a knickname) but also loved Bethany, Tabitha, and Morrow. For boys, pick any combination of Jovah, Daniel, Tobias, Micah, and Thomas.

Trill, what an impressive veggie list!! Not that I like radishes, and I have vowed to *never* try turnips as they just remind me of starving Russians and gulags. BUT I forgot to add potatoes to the list, might try growing some in a stack of tyres. They were brilliant last year, couldn't believe how many we got.

Hi Girls,

Firstly hope you all had a wonderful easter break. We enjoyed staying home this year apart from the rain.

OK I am still trying to catch up on everything thats been happening here.

All good here boys are great and so is liv. We have swimming lessons this arvo so they are excited.

Hello to everyone

ok so this is turning into a 'how many posts can PAP do in one day'day!!! LOL!
    But I have to share my great news - from Monday N will no longer be at that FDCer..... had a good meeting, i was so honest (read: blunt) with her that she just realised she had to move him... so for the next 6 weeks he will be at my faveback up lady (who is about 100mtrs frommy house) as she has a kid overseas atm (and may extend) and then they will either have somewhere else or he will go to the 'cubby house' for the interim while they find me something suitable (the cubby house is their creche, with 10 perm kids only and up to 5 back up - mixed ages etc). after 3 weeks or so i will then be on mat leave so can be more flexible wrt days (iecan take less than 4) and prob location to some extent... plus by then i am sure they will have some options.. its going to be disruptive but man i feel so much better about it!!! now... i just need to tell her i am terminatingcare - from tomorrow.... help!!!!
    yes i am secretly hoping the kid wont come back from oseas and N can stay at my fave lady forever.... there is a chance that trip will be extended (pretty please)!!
    so thats my news!!!

MM how did the shopping go!! prob better to lay off the co sleeping til you are UTD i reckon... or am i just majorly uncreative!!!
    MD LOL at those grannies!!! btw i also think org vegies taste SO MUCH Better (esp root veg like carrots).

Oh PP!!! that's an awesome result about the meeting. We'll quietly cross our fingers and hope for an extended OS stay

MD, we have great soil for spuds, but we've only grown them once, for the amount of spuds we use in a week we'd need a whole paddock of them ROFL.

We don't go 100% organic as we will spray for common pests that are also in the paddocks etc but nothing bad. I still think they have a better taste than shop-brought ones. I think the trouble is that most stuff these days is gown hydroponically so there is no earth to give it the flavour you love kwim? I'm tempted to buy some heritage seeds too and grow some old-style varieties but we might do that when we are looking at a second crop.

H, I hope M gets into a better sleeping pattern again for you soon.

girls i need your advice what i say to her tomorrow...
    fdc director said just to say i have spoken with her and i will be moving him from next week...she said be vague about it as they will be addressing issues with her.i would lie and say something like he is staying home with me but she will likely se him at play group (if she bothersto go) so i cant do that. fdc is planning to address a lot of issues with her so they want me to leave it to them.. help!!! i will buy her a lovely partting gift - ideas????

Just tell her that the other ones suits you better as she is closer and in your advanced state of pg it is easier for you to just take him 100mt up the street instead of driving etc.

i thought about that sherie but she is also in our suburb...though i could say we are getting rid of our 2nd car and i can walk to this one(though it is only for a few weeks...). i thiought i would say i woudl request her for next baby when s/he is a baby - kid of to save face but also she was great for a small bub. i kind of want her to not feel too bad about it all, she has a realbond with him in her mind and i know she loves him.
    the thing is she isnt so bright so i doubt she will analyse anything i say...
    i think we will pick him up early and just stop in for a coffee and tell her - i would prefer that than her have him all day when she is angry/upset at me.

Very tricky one PP. When I terminated care the one and only time I had to, I made it about wanting other kids of the same age as H...sounded pretty thin but I just kept repeating it when she asked what the problem was and then the FDC office dealt with her once we weren't there any more.

Some excuses you could use (if they apply are) she doesn't have an outdoor play area and you want him to have more fresh air/exercise, whatever. OR Just say you think she was a fantastic lovely carer when N was a baby but now you think he needs a "slightly different environment". Or you could just say you've felt uncomfortable for a while and say you need to trust your instincts, cos that gets you off the hook for explaining anything. It's like a "just because" sort of answer...Aw, there's no easy way to do it but you know in your heart you are doing the best thing and she's just going to have to deal with it, kwim? and I will be thinking of you tmrw (with the tiny little part of brain function that I'll have left over LOL).

TRILL - oh just grow the taters already! We had a huge yield, we planted them pretty close but we got millions, were eating them for months & prolly should've dug them up sooner. In fact the new ppl at our house will prolly be eating them now if they've got any sense!! LOL

Hi everyone
    I've just spent the past hour reading your posts - and i have to say, I don't think there is anything on tv that could have matched the joy I got from reading. (a few down moments too and lots of giggles)

Trill- I loved the poem! I remember when I had to have my mammogram - my boobenheimers aren't incredibly large (ok - i'm as flat as an ironing board ) and i was worried that they wouldn't be able to stay on the metal slab thingy lol

pap - I'm so happy that your FDC issues have been dealt with. That is fabulous news. I bet you fall asleep with a smile on your face tonight.

Clare - I feel so sorry for you I hope the pain goes away immediately!!! Glad that your cat is on the mend. WTG on the potty poos. That's fantastic, as many people find it difficult to get their little ones to poo anywhere but their nappy!

Noni- so sorry you're having a hard time at the moment. Try some yoga breathing - breathe in through your nose - really deeply - and imagine the breath travelling through your body - with all of the bad energy being pushed out of your toes - as your breathe out through your nose again. (BTW - that's really good if you're constipated too lol)

Andie - glad you're finding the Sue Dengate book interesting. I have the little card with all of the nasty additives on my fridge. I used to keep it in my purse too for when i went shopping. There is a lot of information to read though isn't there.

Rainy - I had a laugh when you said that L says 'cat' even if he's not looking at a cat. I hope you had a good day with Ange. Hopefully your appointment tomorrow will be beneficial.

Arte - William is a very clever little boy. You're doing a fantastic job with helping him develop his language skills. re your dh - I have the same issues with my dh with regards to cleaning. He is great with spending time with the girls though. Perhaps you need to let him know how you're feeling - throw in a few tears - I find it helps me put my case across. lol. Have you thought of the name Charlotte for a girl. I think it goes beautifully with William. For a boy I love Samuel.

Md - sounds like you are a very busy woman with all of your gardening. Good job i hope you get fantastic results .

Hi to everyone I've missed.

My little chicken is giving me curry at the moment. She's climbing out of her cot at sleep time, and pretty much giving me a hard time. I love her to bits, but gee she exhausts me at the moment! We went to the park this morning - and we walked so I could tire her out - I didn't want any issues for rest time. Luckily it worked but she woke after an hour and climbed out of her cot. Just taking each day at a time

btw - thankyou all so much for your kind words re my grandma. I'm actually a bit scared about going back to visit her.

PMSL Jazmum, I could say the same about your post, especially the boobies being so small they wouldnt stay - trust me I'd have the exact same worry LOL! Oooh does that mean time for a big girls bed, even then she will be escaping even easier, little terrors they are!

PAP - As MD said either way its going to be hard, maybe just tell her simply its time for N to move on to be with children his age & to a carer that has an outdoor area, just be honest, but keep it simple & to the point. Remember you dont have to explain yourself you are his mum! Good luck!!

MD - Good luck for tomorrows appt. Also I bought some seedlings today for my vege garden, & I am going to do some more research on the whole organic thing. I got a couple of bargain tops for myself at the op shop, one is brand new & from forever new. Woo hoo!

Leemar - Hope the swimming lessons went well.

Well I spoke too soon as AF arrived tonight lol. Whats the chances seeing as I have been wondering & waiting for weeks & when I finally speak it out loud, there it is. Time to get busy hahahaha just kidding

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast