Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

MM I learnt pretty much everything I know about organic gardening from watching Gardening Australia on ABC (Friday nights, repeated on Sun Arvo). Peter Cundall is the main veggie man, he is a passionate organic gardener. They have a magazine, and they also have an organic gardening magazine too which could be good for a read. What sort of seedlings did you get?

Jazah - Ah the cot climbing must be exhausting for you! I remember finding this age really exhausting with DD1 - DD2 seems to be a little more compliant or maybe she's just better entertained/distracted by her older sister?? Anyway hang in there, and remember to do something nice for yourself every day. A little filler-upper.

PP - thinking of you today, let us know how the news-breaking goes.

AFM - this afternoon I am really looking forward to seeing my new naturopath for the first time! I can just tell she is going to be really helpful and positive. Then tonight I'm heading out for a coffee date sans enfants which will be nice too. I intend to eat cake today. (See there's that pairing of healthfood and cake again ).

Morning everyone
    Something weird is happening - i read that MD has posted here but i can't see it!
    Yoo Hoo where are youuuu?

There you are you cheeky thing!!! hehe (can you tell I didn't get much sleep last night lol)

hi everyone
    thanks for the advice! i think i am going to say i was speaking with fdc about changing days for N when I go on mat leave in a few weeks (she doesnt know when) and I also mentioned that i would like to move him somewhere closer that i can walk to and she mentioned that this has come up... you know what i dont care what message she gets from me, FDC will follow up issues with her and i will have him out by 5pm today! woooo hooooo. my biggest issue is that they go to a play group (fdc run one)on wednesdays (when my current carer actually goes at all) so she will see him there and also the other carer - so i wantr it smooth for that.we thought we would say what a great job she has done with himand how important she has been to himand that we would put our new baby with her when s/he is small (which maybe i would she was excellent with little baby)... i will go around early and takea gift (any ideas)... DH told her this morning i will be coming early for a 'chat' so she knows something is happening...
    N had the worst night last night, i dont know what is wrong. i think it is teeth (still?) but the incisors have cut and are slowly descending... so maybe not. he was writhing aro9und and couldnt sleep all night. even in our bed and even after panadol. bit of a worry. he was v emotionally tender last night too, mum was over and she said no to him ina joking way as she often does (ie dont knock over the tower of blocks i just built) and he lost the plot. so unlike him. i was wondering if maybe someone yelled at fdc yesterday (even not at him) as he was not himself.
    md enjoy your cake tonight and also the naturopath - i always enjoy natural therapy sessions and feel good after wards(even if not physically more feeling like i am taking some control iykwim?). thinking of you i am sure this is a hard week.
    Jaz - so good to hear from you -sounds like miss H is a handful... but you handle her so well.
    MM what veg are you planting?

Pap - I hope it all goes smoothly for you this afternoon. Hannah had a bad night as well. She woke at 1:30 and stayed awake in her cot (managed to keep her in) until 3:30. I have to tell you I was getting quite agitated and may have thrown around a few norty words I'm hoping it's teeth too.

md - i have posted a song on my FB profile - you may have heard it. I'm not sure whether it is appropriate at this stage - but it inspires me ( I run for you )
    Last edited by Patooties; April 16th, 2009 at 10:08 AM.

Hey everyone,
    Sorry havnt been posting much again am just soooo exhausted lately!! Dp is still home and sick dr thinks its some kind of bacterial infection in his stomach yuuuk he better not pass that one on I tell ya!!!
    Jaz- wow @ hanna climbing out of her cot!! I have been thinking about putting asha in a bed lately coz its getting hard lifting her in and out but im putting it off coz im worried about her being able to get in and out whenever she pleases ughh how do u deal with that?
    Pp- glad ur feeling good about ur fdc decisions.. How's the hips and pelvis going? I have another physio appt tmw joy!!
    Md- hope the natropath goes well! Enjoy ur cake hehe mmmmm cake!!
    Anyway im off hope everyone else is well

Jaz:
    I find to keep Alex in bed during those odd hours is to use his fave DVD's & eventually he will take himself off to sleep.
    Charlotte is a beautiful name & I agree that it goes nicely with William.
    I've almost finished the Fed UP with ADHD book & am thinking bout getting the plain 'Fed Up' one. I've been on their website & am even thinking about finding a dietician who can help us other than just using the "additvies to avoid" ... which I have started & it does make a difference. Alex isn't running as much at FDC now.

PP:
    Awesome to hear your FDC news. Personally, I wouldn't be telling her that you will put the new baby in with her as that is further down the track & when it comes time, you may not go with that option. I think you should keep it as bried & current as possible. Good luck.

Rainy:
    I love Lily!, though I would use it as a short version for Lilian.

Arty:
    W's tanty!, LOL, totally understand. Jack does them on a regular basis. When it gets too much for me I pick him up & put him in the cot. Though he is at the stage where he does throw things during them.

MD:
    I do have a counsellor down here that I saw breifly last year. The inital cost isn't the best but with a medicare rebate it does become rather cheap. I still have some sessions with him the Dr mentioned & we are keeping that avenue opened.

Clare:
    Glad to hear both you & your cat are on the mend.

Jack must be loving daycare as the last two days when I have pulled up he starts to get all excited. Alex isn't but then he hasn't left my side since Sunday night (when I threw up cause I was so nausious from these tablets). Maybe I should reassure him that "mummy's okay".

I'm in a few minds at the moment. & its a bit hard cause I haven't said anything to anyone, but I am thinking of moving back to Brisbane. 1. my job is there 2. alex misses his father 3. now these tablets are kicking in i feel i'm ready 4. i have just found a good nutrician clinic there ... 1. i'm getting life here 2. the boys have a life here & have friends in FDC (& preschool if Alex goes there) 3. the health system is better here for help 4. i just went back on meds
    I don't mind talking bout it in here, more of an unbiased atmosphere I guess you could say .. its harder talking to my friends about it cause most of them want me back in Bris anyway ... god, i'm rambling

Andie, I think that if that is where your life is leading you ATM, then I think you should go back. I know he's not been much help in the past, but maybe there is an option for the Boys' Dad to take them for a day or a few hours to give you some me time to recharge yourself - I know it's been bloody hard work for you to do it on your own and I think you deserve to look after yourself as well. Plus with all your friends there you will be back in your village kwim? They may not be where you are at with kids etc, but just knowing they are able to come and visit and do stuff together will really help your mental well-being too. And the winner in my book is that you will be able to get proper help for Alex without having to travel all the time. But that said, you should definately take a bit of time to think about it more and *know* that you are ready to make the move again

Noni, that's not good at all! I really hope you girls don't get it and that he is over it soon too.

ROFL Jaz at you maybe having used a few norti words But at that hour of the night being nice doesn't really help much does it? I hope it passes soon for you.

PP, Alister had a bit of trouble getting his eye teeth too and it seemed like they took forever to come down enough to break through, so it could be that. Cause I really hope he wasn't upset about someone yelling at FDC. I hope your Mum didn't feel bad about him getting upset though.

MD, make sure you let us know how you get on with your Naturopath OK?

Hey Girls,

Noni- yeah hope your DH doesnt pass on his bug to you. Fingers crossed.
    Jaz- I am so dreading it when Liv can climb out of her cot.
    Pap- Hope all goes well this arvo
    Andie- big hugs for you.
    MD- enjoy your cake
    MM- Swimming went really well. The boys are amazing and Livi loves it too.
    Oh but this was a good week most times I end up with someone crying they dont want to do it.

Well all is good the kids are at daycare. Livi loves it in the toddler room and the boys are going up to the preprep room... Leanne sighs.... her babies are growing up. I am going to enroll them in Big Boy school next week for 2011. OMG its so hard to choose a school.. I mean I just want to make the right choice. I have booked them into C & K creche and kindy for next year hoping I will get the 3 day a week spot and when I picked that I chose the one that wasnt on a main road or on a busy corner... I am such a twit I know but I think that If I know they are somewhat safe I will survive the day not worry. Ok to tell the truth I will worry even if I know they are safe.... WTF now I am raving on... Sorry...

Have a wonderful afternoon to all and hello to all that I have missed.

hi girls
    gotta be quick but wanted to tell you i have done it.... fdc lady told!!! it was soooo hard, she started crying.... but i was strong and it was over in 20 mins.
    ok will be back later but thought I would tell you it's DONE!

JaZaH - wowowow - thank you so much hun, I am totally blown away by the power and life in that song! Will definitely download a copy into my ipod so I can sing along whenever I want!!

PP - WELL DONE. I bet you sleep well tonight hun.

Just a quick one, just wanted to let you all know it went well today and I'm feeling totally on top of it all. Will be having surgery next Mon the 27th and am just glad it's moving forwards. They are chopping out a large chunk but lucky for me there's plenty of boobalubba there so it prolly won't look too bad when they're finished. Lovely surgeon, lovely breast care nurse, the naturopath was SENSATIONAL and what's more I'm having a free brazzie posted out to me.

so glad it went well MD.... enjoy your cake tonight. xxx

MD- Glad it all went well
    Pap- Happy its all over now and you can relax.

Md - I'm so glad you liked it I'd love to be in a crowd where she sings it live. So pleased that everything went well today. You deserve the best healthcare professionals around you - it's great they made you feel at ease. Free Bra - I hope it's pink

pp - glad it's over for you. Sad that she cried - but at least you know she loved your little man while she had him. (hard not to - he's such a little cutiepatootie!)

leanne - hi there!!

I used to like sleep time. Now I dread it. DH is getting her to sleep tonight - thank goodness.

Jaz- Hi. Hope H goes to sleep quickly tonight.

hello ladies

md- glad it went well today, do they still make pink tim-tams? if so i may have to indulge, in your honour of course

pap- i can't believe she cried, she must've been really attached to him...awww.
    i'm on the highest calorie light n easy so i'm not starving....oh and the fact that i cheat ALL THE TIME..

andie-why did you move from qld? i'm sure your friends would love to have you back.

sounds like a lot of us are going through teething drama atm. have to say that we have put amber teething necklace on L and it's working wonders.
    osteo with J went well today. he was so relaxed and loved it, fell asleep in the osteo's hands. been v relaxed this arvo.
    dad bought the boys $200 of clothes from myer. got them matching blue bonds sloppy joe tracksuits- so cute!
    had a great time at ange's yesterday, although i have to say the drive was v confronting. i had tears streaming down my face as i saw some of the devastation. it took about an hour and ten mins door to door so i'll def do it again sometime soon, the boys slept the whole way there and back.

Last edited by Nelle; April 17th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617