Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

arte- can'tyou just find out the sex without dh, or would he crack it? the ob told me that jimmy was a boy at my 12 week scan and dh wasn't there..oopps!! oh well, i rang him on the way home and he was wrapped
    i'll be honest with you, the newborn thing is hard. have you got a hug a bub? i couldn't survive without mine..

Rainy, I will get a sling of some sort, I was pinned to the couch for the first couple of months with W. We aren't finding out the sex, but I need DH to come because I have no-one to look after W and he will destroy the room while I am up on the bed lol.

I have made a private group on facebook. Apparently it doesn't show up on your profile, so PAP if you want to join and look at pics then PM me your FB details and I can add you to the group (but not as a friend so your details will only be visable to the group).

PAP - why are you unhappy with FDC lady?

MM - that is an immature reaction from MIL. Hopefully DH sorts it out soon.

Arte - sorry, don't know about the cutoff dates for that scan.

Sounds like none of us have much idea about FB then!! Might need to wait until Ange is back online

MD - well done on the study, I hadn't realised you'd gotten back into it. Things go into my eyes and then straight out again sometimes! I'm not sure Mr Cally is up for an Easter project of installing a gate!! DIY things seem to take a long time once he gets started.

Kate- any news on BIL surgery? How are you coping with FIL?

Well last night K and I were sitting on the floor reading some books when a bat flew out from either K's room or the spare room!! I opened the back sliding door hoping it would fly out and turned off all the lights and we retreated to the lounge. Then it followed us out there so K and I were standing on the driveway with all the doors open just hoping it would fly out. DH was at parent teacher night so he was no help. Luckily BIL lives across the road so I went and got him after a while. He used a prawn net to catch it and then released it outside. It was flying around just fine out there so hopefully wasn't too freaked out by it all. So that was a bit of drama just before bed time!!

ETA - Arte, well done on the private group!! How do we all join up to it?

Oh no Arte! What bad timing for him to be away. I think 22wks would be the max they could probably do it effectively or otherwise bubs would be too big to see properly etc to get all the measurements they need. Its really exciting though that you're up to that stage already!

G, LOL at her being intimidated and scared of you. I think that really translates into she is really surprised that you had the balls to stand up to her and it's a weird respect type thing but her nut-case brain can't allow her to acknowledge that ROFL.

MD, I hope that you are fully engrossed in your studies right now

PP, definately speak to someone about it because it wont resolve on it's own and you certainly don't need the worry of it all

The MIL thing doesn't bother me, although I was majorly ****ed off that she resorted to name calling kwim? I chided her on the phone about that too, saying I would never ever say anything like that about her even if I was angry and upset. So I effectively put me above her kwim? DH is all a bit *meh* about it all - he isn't the sort of person to worry himself with trivial things (cause when it all boils down to it, it is a really trival thing and MIL shouldnt' have over reacted the way she did) and he wouldn't get involved even if I asked him to, not that he doesn't care, but he thinks people should 'sort their own sh it out' LOL. Although it's bloody tempting to sell the Andre Rieu tickets I got her for her 60th birthday later this year

Ohhh Rainy why did you mention top secret maternity, now I am all clucky looking at their clothes! Beautiful dresses, thats very kind of you to offer them for PAP's use. I agree, this is the only support I get when it comes to the MIL, it helps to have somewhere to talk about it all. I love your new relationship with your MIL hehehe

PAP - I'm curious about the fdc issues as well, I thought it was all going well?

Trill - Ha I would be tempted to sell them as well!

Cally - Yes I read your status update about the bat on FB & wondered what was going on! What a nice suprise before bed, not lol.

Arte - Oh thats a bummer, but maybe it will make it more exciting for you as the due date approaches? Or are you like me, & HAVE to know?!

MD - Yep think you are right about the MIL, such a hard one isnt it.

We had a shocker of a night here last night. I had been asleep for half an hr when M woke up screaming the house down, & it continued for hours on end until she finally collapsed from exhaustion at 4am. Of course it was a night when DH was away & I needed advice, so I had to call the 24 hr medical hotline thingo. I wasnt sure whether I could give her panadol & painstop - looking at the boxes now DUH big no no, but I was so confused in my sleep deprived desperate state lol. Anyway I am pretty sure that its her ears again as they were playing up before we went away & she kept sticking her fingers in them. She was so upset last night I was waiting for her ear/s to perforate, thats how upset she was. However no fluid coming from the ears this morning so I am unsure. Cant get into the bl00dy doctor as usual, but I have a script for ear ache antibiotics. Tempted to just go to the chemist & get it but it would be nice to speak to a doctor to confirm that this is definately it.

I got her in to the doc thank god, I dont think I put the pressure on enough when I called earlier.

Hi girls!

just a quickie as in all honesty not sure if i can stay upright long enough!

MM: oh jeez. what a night! that is really tough, esp on your own.

Arte: oohhh ahhh! will have to check out the new FB group LOL! mm mmm how exclusive dahlings! LOL!

MD: woot toota tooo on the study! we can like be virtual study buddies now. (ie lark off to coffee breaks at the same time ).

Sherie: that is so wrong of your mil. so wrong. urgh.

Cally: a bat in your house...eekk!

Rainy: cool news that the boys are beginning to nap together! i hope you got a nice cuppa and a biccy in before one of them woke up! our friends have their two kidlets fairly close in age and their youngest is now almost 4 months and they said that they have in the last 4 weeks emerged from the crazy and have found a very cool new normal ITMS. it's a bummer that the newborn stuff is so hard because they are so gosh darn gorgeous. maybe they have to be!! LOL!

AFM: well still sick and getting sicker. having pretty major blackouts today and big time disorientation. so have confined myself to my office and will not move until DH comes to pick me up with Leila. 5 more sleeps til i start my begging routine with the ENT...bring it on!
    ATM leila is being so cute! whenever she says goodbye to ppl she yells out 'bye bella!' LOL! so funny.

cool about the doc appt. as i am learning quickly you really do need to be a psycho to get anywhere near medical help these days LOL!

hi all
    clare - you poor thing - it sounds awful! that ENT better do something for you. big hugs. glad dh is there and not off in the gong or something
    MM glad you got dr appt - it sounds terrible... i hope they sort it out for you (and M). is Dh back tonight so he can do some of the night shift if she is bad again?
    arte - i pm'd you. thanks so much for setting up a group - and so sorry to be the PITA that makes you all have to do it that way!
    oh i didnt realise i hadnt explained the fdc situation properly - you must all wonder what i am going on about... ok will try to make this short. i think you prob remember a while back N went into back up care when my carer was ill? i was v happy with the back up and shocked at how much more stimulation and structure there was (from things like telling me what he def ate and what he didnt of all the masses of food i packed, how long he slept for etc plus all the activitie she had planned) - and i called and asked fdc if i could switch him at some pt as i thought it was better for hima nd also gave them some 'feedback' on our carer now. i like her a lot and i know she cares a lot for N but she babies him and to be honest i do not think he gets enough out of her now he is older - shewas FAB when he was 7 months old... anyway nota lot has changed and i know the fdc scheme has tried with training and structure but she 'cheats' the system a bit - ie makes up what they have done etc etc, she never goes to the organised play group etc etc. i have spoken to the coordinators 3 timesabout it and i am still not happy. she has 4 toddlers and a small room with a huge dining table in it and worst of all a MASSIVE plasma tv (which is on all the time i now know...). she also ofetn has her grandkids there, another 3-4 kids - in this tiny room.... i think she holds N all the time and possibly he sleeps in her arms or perhaps on a couch (i have had inklings of this but not known itall and put it together like this - i feel like an idiot now). anyway the last 3 wks he has been in back up at 2 diff places - both wonderful. lots of outdoor time, heaps of toys and activities, lots of feedback for me at the end of each day and always sleeping in a portacot (and telling me how long for etc). he has come along in leaps and bounds - esp his gross motor skills- and he has been very happy at both places (after he settled in). DH and I wanted to sawp him but again they have no places. anyway one of them (who just had him for 2 days) spoke to me about him - she said she was mentioning as she could see how involved a parent i am (numerious ph calls, lunch etc etc) - that she was upset about him bc she had seen him once or twice with my carer and thought he was a small baby bc she is always holding him - when she has gone to playgroup she holds him in her lap and he doesnt play much (v bizarre, so not his personaliity) - and that at her house they watch tv all day, sit in a small room etc etc. she said she was so surprised by how active he is and into everything and that heis more that way thanmany kids - but not given the opp with her... basially confirmed everything i suspected. i hacve loved seeing him blossom the last few weeks.. and i am torn - they dont have spaces... but i dont want to leave him where he is. i have spoken to her a lot and she is dismissive of my views and this morning when DH dropped N off he was saying how he walks around alot now, wants to be outside, must go to playgroup etc etc and she was quite dismissive of that - oh he gets lots of cuddles here, i adore him, he is my favourite etc. it is hard. i know she loves him - and i think some of it may be tied up tohaving him so young and also maybe her son who died (she babies him maybe bc of that??) but we are not getting what we need. i guess if they do not have any more spaces at a more suitable carer i may go the creche route (though have to get him into one i am happy with). i think she is more like a 'babysitter' to be honest and that isnt enough for him now... anyway thats it in a big nutshell - any advice welcome!!
    Rainy - thanks so mich for your offer - you are so sweet. i may take you up on the offer - need to think what i will do fo rmy cousins wedding...
    Cally - ooh the bat thing sounds awful! i bet you were checking there werent any others in there!
    Arte - my scan said 19-22 wk morphology on the referral so i guess that may be the parameters?
    Last edited by MamaPan; March 25th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.

cally- that bat story sounds crazy!! i woud've been screaming my head off!!

arte- could you drop will off at occasional care or a friend's place just for an hour or so? it's so hard to do anything isn't it? wait till you have 2!!! lol

pap- yeah it does sound likeshe babies him/holds him too much...but it's hard cos it sounds like she really adores him. i don't like the idea of so many kids in that one room....sounds very stuffy and squashed! what a shame the other lady has no places available...

mm- you are so clucky!!! lol did you recognise me flashing my boob in the topsecret dress? ha ha
    hope M's ear gets sorted

clare- thanks for sending me that ray of hope!!! i love hearing stories like that...so i've only got 2-3more months till it all feels a lot easier?? ahhhh...

sherie- yes i agree with you about my mil. no-one has ever stood up to her before. you should've seen the way she was dressed when they came down here- full make up, dripping in jewlerry, new outfit..whereas my sil reckons she's usually wearing trackies around her. full sign of intimidation i reckon, i love it!!!
    nice new av..what's that in the background?

i just tried to upload pics to our fb group and it didn't work!!!gggrrr

eta-it's ok, just took some of lewis sitting next to me on the couch watching tv and they worked!
    Last edited by Ginger; March 25th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! RAINY!!! Its you HAHA! I didnt even look at the face just the dress. OMG You look STUNNING! You model you. How come you never told us!?

Clare - Gosh I feel for you, this is just beyond a joke

PAP Must admit I havent read your post as I am about to rush out the door to the doc, but will read it when I get back

ha ha, i did mention it a bit a little while ago....it's not all me, i'm just the one with the darker hair showing the breastfeeding function in some of the new season pics...they took heaps of me breastfeeding lewis but haven't used them

It's a washing basket full of clothes LOL.

G, you will be fine before you even realise it. One day you'll have a lightbulb moment and realise that everything has gotten just that little bit easier. Of course there will still be crappy times of the day, like around here it's always been from 5-7pm which is bath, fed and bed time, but now they are older it's not too bad and they go to bed later so it's not a huge rushing drama.

Clare, I wish I was there so I could come around and give you a hand while you're sick. Fingers crossed you don't get too much sicker and you stay conscious - that's just scary to think about.

PP, as *nice* as she is and all that and she obviously treats him *well*, it's still not enough and he needs more stimulation at this age as you're finding out. Do the other parents that use this carer have the same concern? Do you think they even have a clue what goes on with her? I know all the FDC'ers around here have to submit their care plans etc for the quarter and they all go to playgroup. So I find it really hard to comprehend why no one is taking this seriously and following up on it. I hope it all works out for you in the end though.

Oh no H! She's had such a bad run with her ears. So how did the appt go? Is it OK to use the script you have?

PP - far out. Yes you really need to do something...like you said she was wonderful 12 months ago but N's needs have changed and it sounds like she is no longer meeting them. In a big way. The having-of-the-FDC children in a single room of the house is my Big Warning Sign...to run a mile! I have found the best carers share their living space with the kids - it shows a more relaxed and integrated attitude IMO. Both of the carers E is going to now have a main play room but the kids also share the regular family areas in the house, incl having roaming access to garden play areas. That's kind of weird that she's always holding him...gotta wonder how that will change now that he's walking. Keep networking with the 2 ladies you like though, you never know when a place might come up and it could be perfect timing for you in the future, kwim?

ETA - Trill I thought it was some sort of pyschadelic prison cage. PMSL.

The constant holding thing is a worry too - especially if she was holding him the whole time he slept - how was she caring for the other children adequately at the same time? I think the possible safety implications could be one avenue you take when talking to them, because they last thing they want is a carer who puts the children at possible risk.

thanks for making me feel like i am not over-reacting - esp you MD with all you FDC experience. the room they play in is part of the house - their living room - that kinda annoys me as it isnt set up for the kids. the others had a miuch better set up - play areas and free roaming around as well. she does have an outdoor area they go in, but it is not free for them and only part of the garden/deck and cramped... oh i hate thinking about it... will get it sorted... i am worried he will not walk as much at her place... and i thought when he crawled the holding would stop but it doesnt seem to have. he is such an affectionate thing that i think he just thinks this is what he does with her. grrrrrrrrr. anyway going to see the director at fdc on friday so hoping we sort it out.
    sherie - i thought it was a birdcage!! LOL! impressed it is in a washing basket - my washing is either on the line, or on the couch in the spare room. hmm gotta get onto that LOL!
    MM how did dr go
    Rainy - you are SUCH a spunky yummy mummy!

Well I feel like a bit of a fool now because after all that its not her ears. They are a bit fluidy but shouldnt be causing her troubles. The only other thing I can think of is, she seems to have eaten a hell of alot of sandpit sand at daycare yesterday as she has been doing lots of # 2's filled with sand, sorry if tmi. I wonder if this could cause an upset tummy? I always automatically think ears due to her history & she kept putting her fingers in them!

PAP - I see what you mean, what a hard situation. She obviously cares for N a great deal, but yes he does need more stimulation now days. Its a shame that they cant fit him in. I agree with everything MD has said, as for the tv, thats no good! I dont like that one bit.

Rainy - Ok I remember now, wow you look so hot!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast