Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

hi MM
    Hannah is still in her cot - will probably keep her in there as long as i can. She still wakes through the night, so i can just imagine her getting out of bed and wandering through the house lol.
    I'm not sure about doing both immunisations. Hannah is getting her Chicken Pox one tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it

MM - you could always try her and if it's a disaster, just revert back to the cot for a couple more months, kwim? Nothing's set in concrete. Tho having said that we won't be doing big girl bed until Missy E is around 2 or older. Did you get the little wrought-iron looking one? (got my eye on one of those LOL). Are you able to space the two immunisations out over a few weeks - if you feel more comfortable doing that, then just do it!

Clare - oh bugger, not sure I want an older sister-wife either...you need someone youngish so you can boss them around (ain't that the way it works when you're first wife)? PMSL Got to hear you're only kinda sick on one side - I know it's a bugger but it sounds like an improvement on past episodes. Is it your ENT appt tmrw? I will be thinking of you and sending persuasive-patient vibes your way so you have Dr ENT eating out of your hand!!

Thanks ladies for reminding me about the 18 months vaccs...must put that on my to-do list. JaZaH, we found the chicken pox vacc on of the easier ones to get thru, so try not to fret. xxx

Well I had an unscheduled visit to the hospital last night with phantom gallstone pains ! It was a Saturday night and hell's bells, the service was not up to its usual high standard. However the window was open on my little bay and I could see/hear all the patients coming in with their various dramas - it was like my own special reality teev show LOL. Not very rapt about the pains though...I feel as if my body's shouting for my attention so I'm going to pay attention and start agitating for some action sooner rather than later.

Well I hope everyone's been off having a nicer weekend than me. LOL Anyone getting their EB (Easter Bunny) preparations under way? OMG the Haigh's shop window right now is gorgeous!

oh dear we are about to slip off the page!
    hows everyone going??
    i know i havnt been around much been pretty busy with all the laying on the lounge ive been doing haha!! ive been sewing alot too have made some extra large bunny rugs (never thought they were big enough) and have started on ababy sleeping bag which proved to be harder than i thought but its getting there now
    starting to have trouble with my hips now which i never had last pregnancy.. bubby sits quite low so theres more pressure im often feeling heavy kinda like period feelings as well as theres a fair bit of pressure on one hip at times coz he favours that side grrr!!
    md - hope your doin ok.. biiig hugs!! as for easter dh has been bringing home lots of easter chocolate lol if u count that as preparing for easter haha?? yummmm!!
    anyway ladies im still not keeping up on here just cant remember what everyones saying etc hope everyones well big hugs to all!!

hi girls!

MM: well we have a leander cot that eventually converts into a bed...but like MD i think we will wait until after 2 years. i have this *feeling* that miss L will take her chances and start midnight antics....could be wrong, but as long as she is happy and fits in her cot we are staying that way LOL! ahhhh, procrastination LOL!

oops, completely forgot about the 18 month ones. we delayed her MMR ones, i think we were heading towards 2 years and then we go for the next round. i'll have to talk to my GP about the spacing for us cause we are a bit different in terms of timing.
    if it were me in your position, i would probably just space them out over a few weeks. give her body a chance to do one thing at a time ITMS.

MD: oohh i havent been into town lately so havent had the joy of seeing the Haighs window....YET! hmmmmm, will have to do some wee shopping me thinks LOL!
    Yep, have the ENT appt today. trying to get my 'big boots' on and be strong and bossy, oops i mean, determined to persuade. if all else fails i fall back on my theatre background and fein a dramatic pass out with fluttering eyelids and all in his waiting room. all performers need a stage i say.

ooh bum about the phantom attack! you know with all the worry that the operation brought and subsequent investigations, you're body is probably a bit behind in it's reactions (you know like when you go on holiday you get sick). could be something like that...but you're so right, listening to every creak and crack and taking note is so important. especially if you are seeing non traditional medical practitioners. seeing my homeopath is so hard because they ask you EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING your body has been doing. so take note!

JaZ: good luck with the vacc's! as long as you have a stash of panadol and cupboard full of cuddles it'll all be good!

AFM: well, we had a great weekend. hung out in a park with a river yesterday so that the dog could go for a swim. leila loved it as there were ducks galore and we loved it cause the cafe up the way served delicious iced coffee.
    off to the ENT today, so fingers crossed i get something hopeful from it....

Clare I've got my fingies crossed for you hun. xxx

Clare - good luck today. Hope you don't need to call on your acting abilities (although I'm sure they are very good!)

We will be staying in the cot for a while. I like being able to restrain her!

Noni - well done on the sewing you crafty little thing!!

MM - not good about phantom pains! That's not supposed to happen.

Off to the doctor with DD this afternoon. She fell over (or was pushed - the witnesses to the incident can't talk!!) yesterday and has not been herself since. Cries in pain whenever we pick her up under her arms. No sign of any injury, uses both arms the same but definitely not happy. Poor little thing. And she has a cough and a cold on top of that! She was going to have her chicken pox this week but we will delay that. Will talk to the doctor about the benefits of the flu injection too.

oooh cally i hope that she is ok! i didnt even know that bubs could get flu vacc! i am so out of it!

MD: fingie and toe crossing is my speciality. love it.

Clare, do you think it will help if you slap on a bit of unhealthy-looking stage makeup before your big performance?? Work Da Crowd, I say! LOL BTW definitely take in the Haighs window if you can... they even have chocolate fish a la francaise (except these are endangered murray cod-style LOL) as well as all the usual bilbies. My parents *always* shop at Haighs for Easter so I'm in like FLYNN!!

Cally, ow, that sounds nasty, I hope her wrist is ok. I hope you don't spend too long in waiting rooms today either because I must say I do feel an x-ray coming on...

Noni - I'm very impressed! I'm a fairly-seasoned quilt sewer and I can't say I'm brave enough to take on a baby sleeping bag!! So well done... I hope you get those sleeves sorted out!

I'm wondering how Trill got on at the zoo - I bet she has a least one funny animal-encounter story for us!

And I nearly forgot to tell you all my Exciting News of the Day!! We're going to look at a Cubby house tomorrow after DH gets home from work!! From the photo it looks a bit tired but sound, and big enough still for DD1 to squeeze herself in there...prolly just needs a good clean and a lick of outdoor oil/paint...oh and new curtains of course.

hi girls
    wrote a big post last night and bb crashed! ggrrrr

md and clare- thinking of you both xoxox

cally- hope katie is ok sweetie

my little man is growing up so quick- he's looking so big and chunky now.
    he's feeding constantly, every 1.5-2 hours. he cannot go longer than 2.5hrs without a feed. we are thinking of giving him one bottle of formula at night...basically so that i can spend some time one on one with lewis -bathing him, reading him a story and putting him to bed at night while dh can sit out on the couch and spend some time with jimmy giving him a bottle. atm jimmy tends to get really unsettled at this time and i end up being torn between him and lewis iykwim? and dh feels kinda helpless as jimmy just constantly wants boob. do you think it's badto start him on one bottle of formula a day? i don't want anything to compromise our bfing relationship but i'm also feeling like i'm spread a bit too thin atm iykwim??
    any suggestions welcome friends

eta- hi md! cubby sounds exciting
    had to laugh at your reality tv experience, you know i would've loved that lol
    stop making me want haighs! i'm trying to be good!!!

stop making me want haighs! i'm trying to be good
    !!!
    What? I don't understand... Eating Haighs IS being good...?!!

Hun re the bottle - you know you can do whatever you feel you need to and that's ok. Have you tried the role reversal where DH does quality time with L while you sit on the couch (with chocolate near by hehe) with J? It's soooo normal to have an unsettled time each evening... this will pass soon enough.

i really feel like i need that special time with lewis, as lately he has been spending a lot of time with dh one on one. pretty much as soon as dh comes home from work him and lewis go outside together and leave me and jimmy. i think i'm experiencing serious mothers' guilt!

we went to the supermarket yesterday and we were surrounded by easter eggs! it's crazy, how are you supposed to fight that? i couldn't believe how much chocolate there was

MD - it's more her shoulder than her wrist. And yes, I think we will be needing an Xray so there will be a bit of waiting around. Unfortunately the appt today isn't until 4:30 so chances of us getting the Xray today are pretty unlikely. Oh well, something for me to do tomorrow!! good luck with the cubby. DH loves going to the emergency department and listening in to all the stories from the other cubicles - almost makes it worth his frequent trips there!!

Rainy - I totally understand what you mean about missing out on that time with Lewis. I'm not an expert, but I can't see that one small bottle of formula in the evenings would affect your supply. You've probably got a fairly good idea of what your supply is like, did you ever have any issues with L? Once J is feeding faster you should be able to pick that evening feed up again anyway.

You ladies with Haighs access are making me jealous!!

Cass - there was something on the news the other night that WA was giving the flu vacc to all kiddies (maybe under 5) because they are quite a high risk group too and often end up in hospy like the oldies. I had never thought of it for DD, DH and I are getting it (we have had two people at work who have already had a flu and needed a whole week off work) so just thought I would check seeing as we are going to be at the doctors.

Well ladies I'm feeling like a Nuffer again. Turns out the CODEINE I took on Sat night (thought it might help suppress my cough cos i really really needed to sleep) is a well-known cause of biliary colic (ie gallstone pain!!!) That would explain why it came on really bad again after the nurse at the hospy gave me some panadeine forte . So there ya go. Quite funny in hindsight.

Rainy - oh I totally understand what you mean. I felt a bit like that with DD1 when Missy E was born - even though she is older and can self-moderate how much of my attention she gets/wants. I guess you could try it and if your supply's going ok then all good, if you're supply's not going ok, then at least you'll have had a few days different and you might not feel so stretched by then. BTW - I don't see the chocolate when I'm at the shops - I only have eyes for the Haighs window. ROFL

MM & Clare -I asked my gorgeous GP (she dropped everything and spent an hour with me today even tho I didn't have an appt) about getting the fluvax for Missy E and she's recommending it highly. She said to get the chickenpox & 1st fluvax in the one hit (because the chickenpox vacc is totally minor) and then the booster a month later. Clare might be a good idea in your household given your immune system's a bit under pressure right now. If you're open to the whole vax thing, that is.

Cally oh yeah I did realise it was shoulder pain, realised I'd written wrist after I posted but too lazy to go back and change it. LOL. Sorry but i was PMSL about your DH enjoying the ER drama. Big chunky slice of life in there, that's for sure!

Speaking of interesting ER conversations.... my mum was in the waiting room and a young teen couple came in. Mum took one look and thought 'that girl is in labour' and watched as the boyfriend explained his girlfriend had terrible cramps and was bleeding and vomiting. She listened in as they asked the girl if she had put on any weight (yes), if she had been having periods (yes but very light), and finally as they informed her that they thought she was having a baby RIGHT NOW. Then a bit later she got to see some flurried about-to-be-surprise grandparents rushing into reception in a daze lol

MD, I honestly don't know what to say. Just know that we are all here for you no matter what, don't ever feel like you are bringing down the thread if you need to vent and cry, we all want to do whatever little thing we can to help you.

Sorry, I caught up but then BB crashed and now I have forgotten most of it. W and I were at mums for a few days. She has puppies atm, W was so cute saying 'puppies (a)gain' and running in to see them.

Hi everyone
    i posted this afternoon and bb crashed again.

Cally , i saw on FB that Katie has a broken collarbone! The poor little chicken. how is mummy and daddy coping?

Clare - i hope the appointment went well for you today. Are they going to make you better really soon?

Md - so glad your pains were just from the codeine tablets. Woohoo on getting a cubby house. It will be so much fun to decorate I"m sure!!

rainy - I'd say go with whatever is going to make you a happy mummy I remember feeling the guilt when Zoe was born and once again when Hannah came along. I was missing out on giving the girls their bedtime cuddles and i was feeling very sad.
    Giving Jimmy a bottle will also allow DH to have some special time with him too.

arte - that would be a major shock wouldn't it? My cousin was 20 weeks before she found out she was pregnant.

must fly, Hannah is putting custard in her hair!!!

Hey ladies,

Just a quick one from me. I have been reading and not posting as I am super dooper lazy lol. My BIL is doing so much better, gets fitted for a back brace this week and will hopefully be up on his feet next week and home shortly after.

Cally poor little K, she did look rather cute with her sling though.

Rainy just do what feels right lovely!

Are you all getting the flu vax for your kids??? I hadn't even considered it. Would it be better just for those who are in daycare??

Hi Katie - so glad that your BIL is on the road to recovery I'm not getting the flu shot for Hannah. Hopefully we can get rid of the runny nose she's had for the past month though. I feel awful when people are talking to her, and then i notice she's got a snail trail of snot over her face. Deeeeelightful!!

LMAO Jaz thats to funny

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast