Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

well dh tried giving jimmy a bottle of formula and guess who refused to take more than a little sip??? ggrrrr...little sh it knows he's on the good stuff
    i hate this mummy guilt, how do you deal with it jaz?

arte- i've never understood how people could be pg and not know it, i mean, i put on 28kgs and was getting kicked constantly in the ribs?!?

It's a tough one Rainy. At the moment i have the guilts because i'm not getting to spend as much time with Zoe in her prep classroom. Wednesday mornings the parents are able to stay for half an hour, and i spend most of that time chasing after Hannah. I feel so sorry for Zoe, and I could cry. She doesn't say anything, and I'm sure she's just happy that i'm in the vicinity (sp?). (i think she likes showing off her baby sister too)
    I tell them as many times as possible how much i love them, and how special they are. Give them a wink and a smile often and do crazy things. (that makes them happy)
    Geez what a ramble. sorry rainy!!!!!
    I'm going to copy and paste this, 'cause i don't know how many posts i've lost in the past couple of days!!!!

Jaz and Rainy - please don't stress too much with your mumma guilt - you have to understand how adaptable kids are - after a couple of days this just becomes the new "normal"...Jaz I'm sure Z LOVES having her little cutiepatootie sister there and TBH what the mummies are doing at the school does not count one jot - ie they are always crazy with pride when you do canteen duty even tho they really don't get to see you at all except for a couple of minutes during recess...kwim? Just showing up is what counts.

Rainy - hun - please don't be guilty, I know you feel all your time is going towards Jimmy but hun you're not living in a bubble and L is still getting some of your attention - even if you're not focussed fully on him you're still there. When I did the Positive Parenting course, they told us about some study that said that tiny little chunks (ie 5-10 mins) of attention throughout the day counts a lot more than a big chunk of time - and you're such a good mummy I have no doubt you are still giving L far more attention than that...even if you're not quite as focussed on him only as you were before. xxx

BTW I posted last night - um don't know where it went. Jeepers Arte your ER room beats anything I heard the other night! I bet W was sooo cute with all the little puppies running around!

thanks ladies...
    gotta spread the love md xoxo

Yes, we have a broken collarbone in the family! Not good. She is being very good though, has only tried to take the sling off once today. She's got the hang of clinging on tight with her good arm to me when I pick her up so we don't have to touch the bad side. I can see that she is going to get very frustrated with the sling in a few weeks though!

We ended up taking her to emergency because the 4:30 doctor's appt seemed a long way away. DH and I are coping well. She slept all night too which was good.

And as for guilt - you're looking at the parents that left their daughter with a broken collarbone for 24 hours thinking she was just overtired!!!

Rainy - oh well, you can always try again with the formula, he's a clever little thing, knows the good stuff!

Arte - that's a great ER story!!

Katie - great news on the BIL

Hi girls!!

well......

I am getting SLICED AND DICED NEXT TUESDAY!!!! never thought i would do it but i am having a happy dance moment about going in for surgery! LOL!

scared beyond belief about the whole GA thing (never been under before) but also really looking forward to getting back on track with my health.

Arte: that is full on about the girl in ER! we had a similar story with our housemates brother. his g/f was taken to hospital thinking that her appendix was about to burst, she doubled over in the ER and when they picked her up a head crowned!!! she had a healthy (but 6 week early) baby boy! he is now 4 years old. it's funny cause although she had put on weight (only slightly) none of us clued in and we saw her only the week before. strange but true!

Cally: yeah i saw that on FB about the poor girl! great that she is coping so well!

Rainy: as i mentioned before my friend with her 4 month old who is just coming out of the forest of newborness had similar misgivings. but you just gotta run with it from what she expressed. this is such a big time for the eldest to really reach out to the rest of their 'village' and begin to explore and have relationships and rituals that may just not include mummy ITMS. soon enough little jimmy will be loving lying on the floor with his crinkly toys while you and Lewis go nuts with the paint and blocks etc. it seems like a long time to reach past that 3 month mark, but seriously it'll be past before you know it and you'll have both your baby boys by your side taking in the world.

MD: thanks for the info on the vacc stuff. i'll organise with the GP for them both. wont be going to the MACH run ones this time as we have delayed the MMR (hoping to get the split versions in italy at the end of the year) and i just dont want to deal with the eye rolling 'this is because you think she's at risk of autism' comments.

AFM: well not much to report other than the operation will be going ahead for me. Leila is awesome and really becoming a little girl now. i do need to organise a hair cut for her as it is getting a bit ridiculous with the fringe situation. will have to traipse up the road when it is a little less hot (can you believe it? it is HOT today!)

Yay for Clare!!! Oh you will *love* the GA experience - it's like the bestest deepest most refreshingest sleep you ever did have - you wake up what feels like 5 minutes late in a room full of doting nurses who will hold your hand if you so much as even peep and thrust unbelievable quantities of pain relief drugs at you any time you murmur. Totally good stuff. Will this be at the public or private hospy?

Ok, well I"m going to say this about the ER moment Arte had & C's flatmate's bro's GF - from one who has a ridiculously large palpable lump in her boob - denial must be a powerful thing. It's so bloody obvious now that I'm not BFing anymore, I think - how could I have explained that away as a lumpy milk duct all that time??? So yeah, now I get how you can have a baby squashed around in there and just not 'notice' because it's not a safe time in your life to see it...kwim?

Oh please everyone start chatting again. I feel like I've killed the conversation in our thread...

here i am!! so sorry i have been out of the loop and now i cant catch up!
    I wont even try to go through everything i have missed will just jump in now..
    Clare - WTG on the op, it will be so good that you have it sorted and you can get on with things. you poor thing you really have been unwell lately.
    Cally - poor poor Katie and you guys... she looks so sweet with the sling but it must break your heart.. poor little thing. it sounds like she is coping amazingly well... how did this happen?
    Rainy - hugs. i am already anticipating that guilt and those feelings. no advice.. i am not sure how I will deal with it myself so will be looking to you for advice (i thought the one bottle was a good idea, but he is too cluey for that - maybe keep trying?). or DH could take him out for a long walk at that time and you can bath and spend time with L?

clare - that's fab news!! Did you have to do any acting or did they offer it to you straight up?
    md - you don't have to tread lightly around us We want you to talk about things with us. We're your mates and i hear you re the guilt- The days just seem to be flying by and my girls are growing too fast. Soon they'll be at the stage where they're fighting with me and not wanting a cuddle. Ok - having said that - getting off the putie now and going to jump on the trampoline with them and pull a hammie or something.

HELLO!!!

Just a quick one to say I'm still around and checking up on you all. I'm thinking of you all but don't have a lot to contribute that another wonderful lady hasn't already said.

Sarah has decided to drop her day sleeps and hasn't had one for 2 weeks. She thinks shes too cool for school. Shes really getting into her tantys tho...doing mummy proud!

Nothing much else from us here...exhausted today after a lot of running around for the business. Thank god Sarah was in FDC otherwise there is no way I could of gotten it all done.

Night all...and hugs to anyone that would like to grab one.

I'll grab a hug

Well we are back LOL. Got back on Monday, but haven't had much puer time so I've only been on really briefly.

Cally, don't worry about it hun, collar bones are one of those dodgy ones where you can't really tell immediately if it is broken or not kwim? But it's been dealt with now and fingers crossed she keeps it in the sling for as long as she needs to have it on. If she does get a bit fussy with it, just get some tape and tape her arm to her body while in the sling and just put her clothes over it.

Clare!!! WOOHOO on getting the surgery organised. You will feel like a new woman afterwards I'm sure.

MD, I'll be off to read your thread when Ive finished here

G, I can't agree more with what Clare said. It is true that when you have more than one child the family dynamics change, but it's all good, it really is.

Hi to everyone else, sorry for the lack of personals. I will have more time later today.

Hi Girls

MD-of course we want 2 hear all ur thoughts honey. Spill...

Cally-dont beat urself up about the collarbone, who would have known? Not me.

Clare-mind my ignorance, but what's the surgery for. Pretty exciting!

Jaz-T only just volunteers cuddles now, she has always been miss independent-yuck-push-u-away-i-dont-need-cuddles girl. Which is not really playing nice in my books! I am very much cherishing this 18 mth clingy stage. So much so she is waking early every morning and wants me to hold her til she goes to sleep, but this morning I only gave her a quick cuddle + changed nappy + put her back and snuck out. Hee it worked + now she is still in bed. Must get her up.

Rainy-no advice here sorry. That is what is holding me back from thinking about doing something (hee) about a second. I think those feelings would b normal. Loyalty goes to daddy + u move on. I have a friend with 6 kids in close succession. She would have had to move on so quickly. Makes the kids stand on their own two feet quicker it seems.

Well t + I have been a bit sick this week. Was going 2 have immunizations today too. She can't b sick + runny nose though can she? I just don't want 2 wait 2 long. What is everyone else doing?

We are miles overdue for immunisations, they were due at 15 months and I still haven't taken him. Things keep coming up, we were going on holiday, then moving and now he has had a runny nose cold for the last month. I am not too worried as I wanted him to be a bit bigger anyways. I think I will split them over two visits, the MMR and then the other two (influenza b and pneumococcal) at a later stage.

Cally, don't feel bad, as the others have said it is hard to know with collarbones and you knew something was up straight away. MIL sent DH to school for two days before she took him to a doctor after he fell out of a top bunk and broke his - she told him to harden up and stop whinging lol

PAP, how did your meeting go with FDC?

Rainy, I am sure that L is loving the time he is spending with his dad. He still sees you lots during the day, I am sure you spend time with him while J is asleep. Don't feel guilty because you aren't spending as much time as you used to with him, it is how it is and he will adapt quickly. Bummer about the bottle, W would never take one either.

MD, I think I could denial a pregnancy away if I were in the wrong place in my life. How are you doing? Has it sunk into reality for you yet? What is the next step?

Looks like we are on a good path to weaning, he hasn't had a feed for 3 days now. At night I give him a bottle of milo (I am sure it is bad for his teeth but we can work on that later) and then he wants a BF but I tell him cuddles instead and he grumbles a bit then goes to sleep. I have had no milk for weeks now, the other night he even asked for some 'empty please' lol. Day naps are going o.k because he has fallen asleep in the car the past few days and yesterday fell asleep on the couch watching telly for the first time ever!

His talking is very amusing, he is doing 3-4 word sentences and is very cute. At the supermarket today he saw me putting chippies in the trolley and kept saying 'chippies one out please' because he desperately needed one. DH lit the bonfire with some petrol the other day and it exploded a bit, W kept saying 'fire boom, more petrol' and heading off to get the petrol can lol He is a fire bug already!

SupaB - ok well here's my first thought - let's you and me get together soon while I still have hair!! PM me/txt me and we'll organise a hot coffee (and because it's close to easter well it will have to involve chocolate I"m sure) DATE!!

Also - Clare is having her tonsils out - they have been infected to the point of dragging her into hospital in a state of near-organ failure so they need to GOOOOOOO!

Supa we're getting vacc's organised next week - for everyone in the household - including Whooping cough booster etc for me. Missy E will have her fluvax as well as the chickenpox one. Preemptive strike.

Anyone got any April Fools moments to report...?

Clare you deserve all the icecream and jelly you can shovel in next week. xxx LOL

ETA - Yep Arte it has sunk in good and proper and I've been taking every child-free opportunity I get to have a good cry. "Their" next step is a core biopsy to determine the nature of the mass and formulate a treatment plan, I will see Mr Compassion (oncologist) on the 17th (it's a ***** - that's my sister's birthday) to find out what the treatment plan is - chemotherapy +/- surgery. "My" next step is to write in my journal a lot, eat plenty of cake, visit my new friend at the health food shop, find a TCM/Naturopath to get my immune system boosted, watch lots of funny tv, plant a hope garden that I can watch grow and bloom as I recover, work out how to start telling people, and enjoy the night out at the HILTON that we've got booked this weekend (woohoo!). Oh, and shop for hats. For obvious reasons.

How are you feeling about how the weaning's coming along? Relieved or sad?

Trill, oh, am still waiting for your funny zoo stories hun!

ETA(A) Oh I had a funny moment for a second when I thought...HEY what's Kelly doing in our thread?? LOL Good one you funny mods!

MD, I don't want you to lose your hair!!! It isn't fair. It just isn't.

Well Arte, I'm thinking of shaving it off before it gets a chance to fall out. My sister said she would shave her head with me so we can both have "dykey do-s" PMSL. Or I might get a number 1 all over with tracks in it. TBH I'm more worried about losing my eyebrows than I am my hair. Always fancied I'd like to shave my head, at least once. Well now I've got an excuse. LOL Seriously tho, it might not happen, depends on what drug regime "they" decide is best. I'm just getting in early and getting the crying done now so when it happens it's just a thing that happens. Kwim?

ETA - plus I've always had short hair so it' not a drama like it would be if I had long tresses. Never been my best feature...apparently sometimes it grows back a different colour (!) or curly (!)...so I can only hope!!

hi girls!

i too was wondering what Kelly was doing in our thread LOL!

Supa: yup, as MD said i am getting my tonsils out. it was a sordid love affair that went bust.

PP: i think we will all be looking towards eachother when all have our next! soon enough you will be our guru too!

MD: i couldnt help but notice that the cake eating was connected to the health food shop visit...had to have a giggle and agree wholeheartedley.
    excuse my ignorance but how do they do biopsies (i should know as i did watch Home and Away last year, but all they showed was 'martha' with tubes up her nose in post op). i hope that it isnt too nasty, and/or they give you loads of happy pain relief on tap.

i will be going private! through the st vincents here in melbourne. so it had better be comfy at $800 a night!

Arte: sounds like W is a man with a mission! chips and boom! lol! love it!

Kate: wow! S down to no sleeps!! that's amazing! does she seem to make the distance of the day?

JaZ: ROFL! i can just imagine you on the trampoline! WTG!!

no, unfortunately no theatrics needed (was kinda looking forward to doing a bold and the beautiful style dramatic pause). going private they do just really like slicing and dicing way too much to argue LOL!

AFM: all good here. saw the worst movie i think i have EVER had the displeasure of sitting through. called "out of order". utter crapola.
    we had a lovely day yesterday. the usual mothers group indulgence of coffee and lunch (we have our local cafe situated in a big warehouse with toys so the kids can go nuts). then leila slept for 2 hours and when she woke up told me that she was in a foul mood and i better entertain her, so we jumped in the car and went to the pool for an hour. so much fun!

Clare, I was just coming back to say YAY for finally getting your tonsils out! Must be good to know the problem will soon be gone

MD, Elizabeth Taylor's hair grew back white and fluffy! Eyebrows would worry me too, but you can get cosmetic replacements - not sure how real they look though - might be better to go without than have obvious toupee brows! I can't stop thinking about your breast (lol), well the lump in it. I find it amazing that you had it checked so long ago and they found nada, yet it was there all along. I am glad they didn't find anything amiss while you were preg and away from home, at least now you are in a place to get it all fixed up.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast