Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

jaz you are just the bestest mummy ever!!!!!

Anyway, sometimes it's the simple things in life that are often the best
    Too right, JaZaH. I had a grand time with Missy E riding our hobby horses (complete with noises and cowgirl hats) at kindergym this morning! LOL Love your idea of the patty-pan collage, they look like flowers, don't they? It's a good reminder to save all all the coloured easter-egg foil for craft this year!

BTW - the cubby-house was a no show. We'd asked to see it on Mon evening but they said no then sold it to someone else before we went on Tuesday afternoon. How rude! But, I'm putting 'cubby house' vibes out there and the universe can organise it for us now.

PP - well I'd be getting totally annoyed by now if i were you! Hope it gets sorted soon. I know a couple of fantastic FDC ladies in Canberra ...but prolly a bit out of your way LOL!!

Cally - so does that mean you've taken 2 weeks leave while K's arm heals up? 3 weeks is amazing isn't it? I remember the dr telling me how fast little kids heal when DD1 broke her arm. You'll still have to be careful with it for a little while after that - no tandem skydiving or rodeo riding for a few months.

BTW Trill I keep forgetting to tell you I went with the sheer voile curtains after all that. They look fantastic AND I popped into spotlight yesterday and they were half price (!), so I bought some more for the study/den (same colour) and a lovely mellow teal colour called "haze" for our bedroom. Oh they look perfect. Now all I have to do is sew my QS bed quilt to match them. LOL

JaZaH, sounds like you had a great day! It is nice when you just forget the housework and spend uninterupted time with them

Clare, did you grow up with just your mum or did you get a step dad along the way? It was always me and my mum, and my bro too. Mum had a few partners over the years but I never thought of them as father figures (I was probably more mature than most of them lol). She has a great husband now though, I really like him. I know it always made people shy away when I said I didn't know my father, especially DH's family - if it came up in conversation they would quickly change the topic like it was some dirty little secret, when really it was just normal to me and didn't bother me at all. I guess it is a bit out of the norm not knowing your father, but if you don't know anything else then that is just how it is.

MD, did BSG arrive? It should have been there by tuesday, but I swore at the post lady a bit so maybe she dumped it in the bin instead of the post box lmao! I am not normally so rude but she diddled around for ages trying to find me in the 'system' (was trying to re-register my dog) and W was running around the library quacking and pulling stuff of the shelves. Then she just let me pay and she would sort it out later, but when I went back to post your disc she growled at me for not telling her my dog was in the system (well deh, I was re-registering her!) and the rego was overdue and she tried to give me a $50 fine that I refused to pay because I didn't even know the rego had lapsed. Then W slammed the front door so I went to get him and she growled 'open the front door!' so I snapped back for her to 'give me half a f*****n second'. He wouldn't have been getting into everything if she could actually manage to use the computer and didn't leave us standing there for half an hour. Grumpy old bag, I refuse to go back to that post shop/council office/library!

Well I am full of useless banter today.

PAP, bummer about your FDC lady avoiding you. Does she have to be there? Could you talk to the organiser people without her?

Sorry, was that Kate or Trill with the older sister? I am sure I read the post from Kate but now when I look back it was actually Trill.

hi girls

i haven't read up on the latest today, but just about to leave work and miraculously have 2 seconds spare to check up on my bb buddies.

i just caught a glimpse of someone talk about AF. oh my goodness girls, i am a total B**** these days. What is with that? How come all of a sudden i cannot stand when someone does something wrong, namely DH and he flippin' well cant tell he did it wrong, somehow it is suddenly MY fault, although 'we don't play the blame game'. .. grrr whatever.

anyway, i think AF is on its way, coz i have a massive headache (yes its prolly coz i haven't drunk enuf water and its HOT 2day).

I am hanging out to hear that there is some logical explanation for my spin outs. OR is it DH can't remember me being like this b4 missy came along. THEY ARE GETTING WORSE EACH MONTH!

Oh my JAz. i am LOL at the moment at your incident. I for one, dont even know WHAT i was upset about now, at least you remember what DH said to ya. ahhh, i do remember one thing I didn't say... i got dressed to go out, DH says: 'R U wearing that?"

THAT is like waving a red flag at a BULL! off i went...

i found DH's $50 DJ's gift card yesterday amongst my jewellery - that expired the day before - 31 March.

took it in there today and searched for a male assistant. 'sorry can't do anything about it, maybe go see the cust service' which i did. they very kindly asked if i was happy to fill in some forms and it would take half an hr. i said yes very calmly.

then the system went down, so no reinstating my gift card, but she said i am allowed to go back there and she will do it another day! I AM SOOO WRAPPED! i told her if it were $20 bucks i wouldn't be so worried, but $50, and i have a baby etc etc..
    girls you would have been proud of me.

Arte, just jumping on to tell you the parcel arrived this afternoon! I think DH is even more rapt than I am (if that is at all possible ) however a fight has already broken out (DH vs DD) over the perky nanas (cos I'd already eaten one) and the lemon toffee (because DH ate some of DD's LOL)! You are wonderful my dear. xxx BTW I am utterly appalled that your library is also part of the post office/council...I remember you saying about the hag there, you've had problems there before too, haven't you? LOL I am having a giggle at you having a swear.

hi girls!

Arte: woot woo on telling the horrid woman off! sounds like she is a real PITA to me.
    yeah it was pretty much just mum and me growing up. there was a serious guy there for awhile when i was in my tweens and early teens but like you, not in a father figure sense, he was just a nice guy who loved my mum ITMS. and you're right, it was completely normal family situation for it to just be mum and i!

JaZ: man, what a gorgeous day! sounds like one of those kodak moments! *mwahh*....

Supa: WTG on the giftcard! they have to extend it for you (as money was paid for it ITMS). but yeah, i heard that it can be tricky to get the clearance. great that they are able to help out on that one.

MD: boo hoo on the cubby house. i figure it wasnt meant to be and if they were PITA about it, then the cubby probably wasnt right for your place anyway ITMS.

PP: i can't believe how complicated the FDC ppl are making this! it's not fair. i hope that it gets sorted for you so you can feel settled and confident for N. xx

I wonder how Rainy, Ange and MM are? we havent heard much lately! (or it could be that i am vague and have missed it all! LOL)

AFM: well still here, still unwell, but feeling the resolution coming closer everyday.
    i have taken your advice and wont make contact with my brothers. and i feel good about that. not so much to protect them but more to protect myself from ppl that i just dont know ITMS. i would much rather be person to person and would sincerely want that to be my dad more than them. it still hurts when friends of mine hang out with my brothers and have to keep this secret, but we have come 25 years so far, so i guess another 25 can't hurt LOL!

our other news is that Leila is now trying her hand at sentences! we can now have 3-5 word sentences and it just makes my heart melt hearing her voice and her mind. i just love it.

Hi Ladies, sorry I've been missing in action. Our keyboard died & it took us a week to finally buy a new one. I have been using the on screen keyboard, but its so painfully frustrating to use, as you use the mouse to individually click each letter you need. I wasnt even going to attempt to post on here lol!!

Clare - YAY on finally having a date set for your op. God knows you need them out!

Cally - Aww saw the pics on facebook. Poor mite. Dont feel guilty, there has been plenty of parents in that situation, so easy to miss things like that when they cant tell us whats wrong.

Arte - WOW imagine not knowing you were pregnant & then being told your in labour. The shock of it all would be huge! Must have been a tad ammusing for your mum to witness lol

MD - Oh no so sorry to hear that you will lose your hair, but I agree with PAP, its a chance to try out some daring hairstyles!! How about the Lady Gaga look, long platinum blonde hair woo hoo! Have been thinking of you.

Jaz - Thanks hubby for that unneccessary comment! Jaz I always look at your happy family pics on FB & think of what an awesome little family you have, & how great you & your hubby must be at parenting. We all have our feral days where kids just drive us up the wall, & banshee style shouting is normal lol.

As for the flu shot, I am getting it done for sure. I had it done last year & had no side effects (fingers crossed I havent jinxed us). I am wary of vaccinations for obvious reasons, but I 100% trust my doc, she is fab & I asked her what she would do & she told me she would most definately have it done if she had a young child, especially when in daycare. I think if they dont really mix with other kids alot they should be fine. She told me the risk of catching the flu by far outweighs the side effects of the shot. Obviously I am not pushing this on anyone, we all make our own choices for our kids, but just letting you know what my doc said for those who are contemplating it.

Went to a play center yesterday with M & a couple of other mums & bubs from mums group. I know M is a full on active little headstrong girl (could use so many other words to explain her lol) but I didnt realise just how much until I put her alongside others her age. She climbs up the huge ladders, while the others stand & watch. My child is a daredevil!!!!! Anyway I should have been next to her, but I was too busy gossiping, turned to look & there is M standing at the top of the stair thingo's about to come down. I was too late getting to her, & she tumbled right to the bottom, about a 2 meter fall. I was worried that she had bumped her head or broken something. All the other parents were like OMG!!! Would you believe she stood up, dusted herself off, & ran off to find some other trouble. LOL. Kids.

Clare - no fair on the sentences, I want some words!!!

PAP - DH and I are alternating this week and then MIL is having her on Monday, DH and I are doing half day on Tuesday, then my mum is coming down for Wed and Thurs. Then Easter and we can hopefully have a break! What an annoyance about the FDC director. Hope you track her down soon or a spot opens up at one of the other centres. Not sure where you have names down, but I've heard a lot of good things about the centre in Deakin (behind Oasis).

MM - lol at your little daredevil!!

Jaz - that sounds like a very fun day you and H had.

Ange was going to be offline for a while until her satellite in the new house was back up I think.

Well I am not looking forward to Sunday morning - how early are we all going to be up!! I know it won't take that many days for bubs to get back on schedule but I really struggle with seeing that 5 as the first number on my clock when the monitor goes off in the mornings.

well we are having the biggest storm i have seen in a looong time ATM. it is pitch black outside the cottage beside us got struck by a bolt of lightening so the fire crew have turned up there are thunderbolts going nuts everywhere and yet, a whole bunch of students are doing a nudie rudie in the flooded paddock beside the building! ah well, maybe i am just getting too old LOL! i much prefer hot chocolate and a dvd at times like these LOL!

omg! i was out walking with the kids in the pram and i got saturated!!! had to run home, this is crazy!!!

Clare, do you think you will contact your father? Can you please tell me what ITMS stands for, it is driving me crazy!!! I am sure it is very obvious lol W is doing bigger sentences now too, it is really cool to hear every thought that pops into his head and he can make decisions if I give him a couple of options which is helpful.

MD, lol the lollies were supposed to cheer you up, hope you enjoyed the family squabble?! I guess we are lucky to have a library at all, it is only a tiny town. I think they just put in a small library (size of an average lounge room) to justify the expense of a fancy council building when it isn't really needed.

MM, my goodness that is a long way for M to fall and just dust herself off! Sounds like she had a good time there.

Just quickly from me - I feel like I"m waling around in circles occasionally butting my head on the wall lately ROFL. It's madness here. Erin had been complaining of a sore ear for a few days, so the other day I tried cleaning it as she gets loads of wax, but bumped a pimple looking thing in ther and it bled, and I didn't think anything of it but now it's infected and is a great big ball of pus waiting to blow *blergh* so she has abs for it. While there our GP asked how old was Alister again and I said 18mths and he said, so you're not changing your mind about vaccinations? and I said 'nope, but thanks for asking' and he said, 'that's fine, I'll be here if you do". So glad I never coped flack for it from him.

Arte, it was driving me crazy for ages too, Clare says it all the time. It only twigged this very morning, If That Makes Sense?? LOL

Yeah, it was a happy-type squabble with lots of giggling, ITMS. They all know I get first pick of whatever confectionary comes thru the door (standard operating procedure here LOL). Does the library have anything worth looking at or at you completely at the mercy of whatever you can beg borrow or scrounge over the internet?

MM - M is obviously one of those fearless kids who never get hurt. DH was one of those - fell off a 2nd storey verandah at 18 months - fractured his skull but didn't skip a beat, was back playing normally the next day! She'll be a fantastic sports person later I'm sure.

Clare, you sound like you're having more weather excitement than anyone would ever want. Agree 100% on hot chocolate and couch!! (Nearly that time of year ). Though sounds like you might've got a watch-the-firemen-for-free moment there. Not bad in itself. LOL

Cally, I'm glad you've got all the childcare covered, though you'll all be worn out by the end of the week I expect. Luckily we get a long weekend next weekend to catch up the whole daylight savings lag.

Rainy did the boys get wet - or did the pram do a fabulous-rain proofing job? I can just imagine you dashing (slowly LOL) up the mountain...!

SupaB - yes very proud of your retail-assertiveness moment! I've got some bras that I need to exchange - stupid lady fitted them completely wrongly then DH chucked out the receipt...wonder how I'll get on with that one?!

ETA - Trill, Poor chook, I've had the old boil-in-the-ear thing and awww it hurts! Good she's onto the ABs now, glad to your GP was happy to raise the subject but then leave it at that!

Oh and I forgot to add...

...I found the Easter Bunny hopping around in the garden near my lettuces this afternoon! I will post some photies on FB later on.

LOL MD what do you mean? Like a real live bunny hopping around? Cute!!!

Trill - Oh gosh that sounds painful alright! Thats good that your doc respects your wishes & isnt pushy.

M cracked some big time tanties today, as in throwing herself on the floor and rolling around chucking a wobbly, & yes in public. She was tired though and has a bit of a runny nose, so not 100% though. What do you all do when they tanty like this? I try to pick her up but if she just throws herself down again I try to look like I'm ignorning her, iykwim. Is this right?

HI ladies just quickly from me tonight. Feeling rather emotionally drained lately and havent wanted to bring the group down so have just been reading and not posting. I am off to Syd this weekend and hopefully a bit of time with my niece will perk me up. Catch up with you all in a few days. mmmm wah

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast