... 41213141516 ...

thread: Babies Born ~ March 2012 #2

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

razz- sorry to hear about your dd but i hope it's providing some answers & giving you a point to move forward from. i know mummy guilt is hard to avoid but do cut yourself some slack hun. it sounds like you are doing the absolute best for your LOs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Razz- your doing the best thing for both of your kids and you always have, it must be hard for you to stop bf especially when you have such a good supply but if its going to help ds then thats the best thing to do. things dont always pan out the way we expect but it certainly doesnt lessen the amazing mummy you are

Feb 2009

Razz, everything the others have said hun... You're doing an amazing job for your kids! I hope you find the answers you need x

Skye, I hope your day got better and A got her nap in. What goodies did you buy?

Peanutter, you're amazing. That is all

SaraRose, how are you feeling Hun? I hope the germs have left the building x

Buffy, Friday was exhausting! How is Miss W going? Sounds like she's still smack bang in the middle of her growth spurt. I hope you're able to get some rest.

I hear you on the awesome biceps... This kid will not sleep anywhere else but my arms during the day. I have pretty much given up on the bassinet / self settling during the day at the moment and put him down in the couch. He did fall asleep on his own yesterday, I had him lying on a pillow on my lap having a feed. He finished and was lying there wide awake, I was chatting to DH about something, looked down and C was sound asleep! I laid him on the couch and got about 45 minutes out of him!

Nights have been better and at the moment is waking up once a night for about an hour. Even now, we got up at 5am, fed for about 30 mins and has been asleep on me for the last half an hour.

Wkd has been pretty quiet, we hit the shops yesterday with my DSDs' for a bit and today we were planning on going down the coast to a gorgeous winery for morning tea, but dsd2 isn't feeling well and has been in bed since 6pm last night.

Thank you for the well wishes for my bestie! Her and bubs are doing really well and she is recovering well from her c-sect.

I hope everyone is getting some rest and having a great wkd xo

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Razz, please don't beat yourself up hon. I know it must be disappointing to stop BF but feeding is only a small part of being a mum and you're doing what's best for your kids. I hope things only improve from here. Big hugs to you.

Elocin, how was the rest of your weekend? Is your DSD any better? Master C is getting cuter by the day, in his latest pics he has such a little boy face. Great that you're getting some decent blocks of sleep too hon.

Skye, is Miss A napping a bit better in the mornings?

Peanutter, did you get some much-needed rest over the weekend?

Howdy everyone else.

AFM: had a nice weekend catching up with friends. The W roller coaster continues - she seems to be allergic to naps and when she does sleep, it's no longer than 45 minutes, with re-settling a rather hit-or-miss affair. She fights like crazy, last night it took two hours of crying, rocking, patting etc. Tried her back in our room last night, forgot what a loud little munchkin she is! None of us slept well, so it's back to the big girl's room tonight. Am still feeding her every 2-3 hours around the clock, which is fab for my supply but still pretty tiring. Come on tummy - grow, grow, grow!

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

not much rest over te weekend, sadly!

and I'm trying to get my supply back up a bit ... it took a big hit last week, whether from not pumping as much, or stress, or not enough sleep ... but I'm sitting at work expressing at the moment, and I'd normally have a good 400ml but I'm only on about 150ml so far

I had two nice playdates over the weekend, and updated my blog which always makes me feel good, but I'm exhausted and didn't get much actual work done, and I'm feeling a bit like a bad wife ...

Still not over this rotten virus either ...

And DS1 turns 2 on Friday!! He was a bit bad over the weekend, though ... starting to get a bit definant, not wanting to have naps, everything is "NOO!!!" including food often enough, and refusing to say "sorry" ... nothing which is the end of the world, but a bit of a shock to the system - and not what I really want, with a brand new baby and no sleep in the mix!!

I hope everyone else is doing well ... lots of hugs ...

Jun 2011

Hi Everyone,

Had a hard time trying to get on here, but I have been reading, replying on my phone again.

peanutter - how are you surviving? I think your so strong with all that you do. How is bubs going staying home with Dad? & how are you feeling?

Buffy - you and I sound like we're on similar boats minus your 2 hourly night feeds. How are you feeling? Yes they are noisey little buggers aren't they. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Elocin - woohoo for getting a detached snooze! I hear ya on the biceps. What time do you get DS down of a night for a 5am wake up?

Razzberry - I admire you, You sound like a wonderful unselfish Mama, putting your DS first ahead of your want to BF. Don't be hard on yourself, your doing the right thing for your DS. I do hope the formula helps & you get good results with your DD. How are you going with the weaning?

Sararose - how's the sickness going in your household? Good on you for starting weight watchers. If you dont mind me asking is it expensive? I too have weight to loose, ideally 17kilos for me.

Skybie - I'm jealous of your DD's morning naps!

Hi to all the other Mama's!

Im at the point now where I don't even try putting DD down during the day as it's not worth the hour of walking to re-settle(which aside from feeding is the only way we can get her to sleep). She is also only catnapping on me now instead of an hour or more. I'm feeling very exhausted, I've had the flu and now my mouth and tongue are covered in ulcers. Hubby is helping where he can but he does such ridiculous hours he can only do so much. Dont get much support from others. I've not been wanting to get out of bed or out of the house as I just don't have the want to do anything - or the confidence to face what the day has in store. Nights aren't fun either and I dread going to bed. I'm not finding enjoyment in anything at the moment actually. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong.
    I've also been worried about DD, her poo's are green, smelly and runnier then usual. I've spoken to 13health a couple of times and they have given me the advise that it sounds like she is getting too much fore milk and not enough hind milk as she has no other symptoms. DD is such a beautiful smiling little thing I feel so guilty feeling the way I do now.

Sent from my iPhone... Probably while feeding our poppet.

Aug 2011

Rosey if you are worried about too much fore milk, try block feeding (feeding from the same boob for 4 hours or two feeds, then switch to the other boob). But usually if the poohs are frothy then its a sign off too much fore milk. Sam's poohs change between green and mustard yellow all day, so I stopped worrying about it. Green pooh can also be a sign of high iron intake or high sugar intake from you.

Sam sleeps from 3am-12pm (waking around 5-6 and 8-9 for a feed), so seeing as I have only the one, I can handle that sort of sleep. Although it becomes a little stressful on me when I actually have to get up earlier and do errands. but if I get an afternoon nap its ok. Sam usually stays awake for most of the day with half naps and half awake...

She has a slightly snuffly nose atm, so looks like she is fighting DH's cold, I still haven't got it, so my antibodies should be helping her as well.

Jun 2011

Wow Zilly they are some crazy sleeping hours you have there. What is it with these bubs not sleeping during the day :/ I hope bubs cold doesn't get worse & you manage to avoid it.

Thank you for the tips re: feeding

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Rosey *hug* so sorry things are rough. Boy, do I sympathize. You must be exhausted.

Firstly, you are doing a fantastic job with your DD. I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but you are! You're definitely not doing anything wrong, I'm learning the hard way that we have very little control in these early days and every day is different. Frustrating, ain't it??

You need to take care of yourself hon. Might be worth talking to your GP or a trusted friend about how you're feeling. And if you can, try and get some fresh air/sunshine each day. It can be easier said than done on some days but has made a huge difference to my state of mind when I've had a bad patch with Willow.

Hopefully these catnapping and fighting sleep shenanigans are a phase for our little devils!

Hang in there xxx

PS re feeding, you could also try expressing for a minute or so.

zilly, wow, Sam's keeping it interesting isn't she? But great that it's working for you.

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Sick, tired and emotional. Chubs has barely slept in the last 24 hrs and we now we have her eyes to worry about. She doesn't look at anyone or anything

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Oh Skye - you poor love. What's happening with A's eyes? Hopefully it's not serious. Are you taking her to the doc?

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Yeh on Friday, she looks at her dangly giraffe on her pram but that's as far as it goes, never looks at peoples faces and if you move into her lone she actively tries to look away from you and even when you play with her and she's smiling she still won't look at anyone
    She's just stopped crying 3 hrs straight, not a bad effort.

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Could it be a phase? Have everything crossed for good news on Friday.

Three hours crying not good for bubs or mama xxx

Jun 2011

Skybie, I'm sorry to hear about your worries. As Buffy said I hope you get good news on Friday. Yikes! A 3hr cryathon is not fun - hope you can get some relaxin in now.

Buffy- thank you. Going doctors tomorrow.

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Oh sweet Rosey, im so sorry you're having such a tough time with things at the moment. When you think about life with a baby you know theres going to be hard times, but noone tells you its not roses and sunshine everyday, its damn tough!!!
    agree with the others, speak to your gp or mchn next time you're there with whats going on, TBH i could stay in bed all day everyday too, but unfortunately there are two bigger ninja's that wont let me do that!
    Re green poo's, feed her off the side she finsihed on last time, even if you feel empty, i assure theres still plenty of milk there, then once she gets fussy on the side start her on the other, and then next feed do the same thing. A occasionally has a green poo (when she poo's! still every 5ish days here) but nothing consistant.

Terrible da,y im so sorry for the poor me's, just having a down day for some reason, nothings triggered me, just feeling a bit depressed and cranky pants sure didnt help my mood. i tried to nap with her when DF got home but she wouldnt have it and after an hr i got up and plamed her off to DF and went back to bed, then got pizza for tea because i was in absolutely no mood for cooking. Poor kids wore the brunt of my crankyness bad mummy.

Pretty worried about what this whole not lookng at people thing means, mum said that DD2 took a while to look at people too but i dont really remember, ah well find out soon what the go is.
    Hope you're all well. FX for sleepy bubba's and happy mumma's for the rest week.
    Much love xxx

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

Hi ladies

Skybie sorry you have the worry of A's sight. I hope its nothing serious, is she not focusing all the time? I know H wont look at us if she is overtired. I hope tomorrow is a better day. You're not the only one who's a cranky mumma at the moment, Im sure they will forgive us when they have their own little ones and are sleep deprived. I hope you get some me time soo

Peanutter enjoy DS1's birthday, sounds like you are hitting 'the terrible two's' alhtough I found the 'threenager' period harder myself. Its normal for them to start pushing boundaries but can be really challenging especially if you are still under the weather and looking after your littlest man too. Nap refusal is really hard, although both my girls went through a stage of refusing naps at that age then decided they needed them again after a couple of months

Rosey glad to hear you are seeing the doc but sorry you're not feeling yourself. Well done for getting on to it . Rosey WW's is around $30 month online which is how I have done it in the past. I would like to lose around the same amount as you. I like ww as I can do it without having to prepare seperate meals for everyone. Today wasnt a great day but given the dramas today Im going to let it go.

Zilly sounds like young Sam is a night owl, you might have a party animal on your hands in a few years

Buffy it must be tough having W feeding 2-3hrly still, you're right it will pass but when you are in the middle of it all it can be really tiring. She is such a cutie though

Razz sorry your havng a tough time with reflux, it sounds like you have done everything you can to make the right decisions ffor your kiddies. I hope you DD's procedure gives you some answers and a plan of action

Elocin glad C has been sleeping better at night

As for us Im better now but unfortunately Helena has caught the cold but so far, fx, its not too bad. She was really snuffly and had been waking up more often during the night for two nights although last night was better and she slept for seven hours. My bb's are a bit sore as she had been pulling on and off during a feed due to a partly blocked nose. This evening I called the girls for dinner and they came running then DD2 projectile vomited all over the kitchen floor . I should have known she was off as she had a nap for 1.5 hrs this afternoona and then let DD1 have her brownie at afternoon tea. I ended up having H screaming as I had to put her down, DD1 being a drama queen and runing to her wadrobe to hide and carry on because dd2s spew was 'so disgusting' and poor dd2 standing there looking slightly confused but she was the least distressed by it all. So far she has been fine since so Im hoping it was something she ate and not contagious. The silver lining was that DD2 and DDD3 were both asleep for an hour at the same time this arvo!

I left H with Mum this morning and she took half a bottle of EBM alright, mum said she was a bit confused and fussed a bit but then had about 60ml, she then had a big feed when I got there but its nice to know she will still take it if she is hungry. Dad is coming to stay tomorrow night, hopefully seeing the girls will brighten him up as my grandfathers funeral was today.

DH is going to a kick boxing/fight thingo night saturday so hoping to catch up with my girlfriends at our house although I have yet to organise anything. Should get on to that before people make other plans.

Miss E, Nickers, Sloane, Lct, Mylitta, Me-Lisa and all you lovely ladies

Feb 2009

Peanutter, I hope you're able to boost your supply easily. The drop is probably due to all of things you mentioned hun. Enjoy your DS' birthday!

Rosey, the night C slept through I put him down about 8.30-9pm. Of course, I have been putting him down at that time since and no chance of a sleep through!

Sorry to hear things have been rough hun. I agree with the other ladies, I think a trip to the GP would really help. Zilly had some good advice with the block-feeding as well. We are always here if you need to vent!

Zilly, wowzer Sam is definitely the little night owl isn't she?! I hope her cold passes soon.

Buffy, how did Miss W go back in her own room? Sending lots of sleeping vibes her way I hope she realises how cool naps are again! Have you got much planned for the week?

Skye, oh darling, sounds like you are having such a ****ty time at the moment. I've got everything crossed for a positive outcome from Fridays appt. You're absolutely not a bad Mumma hun!! I hope she settled ok and you are getting some rest

SaraRose, sorry to hear H is snuffling. I hope it passes soon! Great that she will take a bottle of EBM, C won't have a bar of it.

Sounds like a drama filled night at your house! I hope your dd2 is feeling better... Sorry but I had to giggle at your dd1's reaction! How is the WW going?

LCT, how is your gorgeous wee man going? How is feeding going?

A big hello to all of the other mums and bubs out there!

Well that sleep through was definitely a one off!! It doesn't matter what time he goes down, we are up about 1.30-2.30. Settling and staying asleep once back in bed is a bit hit and miss... Sometimes I won't hear him again until 6am. Other times, like Yesterday morning, we were up again at 3am, 4am and 5am. DH got up at 5.30am and I went back to bed for an hour before he left for work.

DH came from work yesterday and surprised me with the offer to go away this weekend to see my bestie and her new bub! I'm so pumped! We leave Saturday morning and come home Monday. I'm a bit worried about how C will go in the car, as he usually hates it without his big sisters to chat to in the back. But we will get it sorted!

Not much else has been happening... I've cracked out some 00 clothes for my chunky monkey! I can't believe how big he is getting... 10 weeks yesterday! Slow down bubba!

Oh can I just add, that I'm sick of people asking me when I'm going to have another baby!! Seriously.. He's ten weeks! I barely manage a shower some days, let alone even think about TTC again! You should see the look on their faces when I say we probably aren't having any more!

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Totally fell asleep om the couch around 8.30pm, so DH put me into bed at 9pm. DS2 woke around 11pm for a feed, DH did an EBM feed so I could sleep, and DS2 woke around 4.45am for a feed I had to get up at 5am to pump anyway (breakfast meeting at 7.30am) so I got to feed him first But I got 8 hours sleep! Like a BOSS!!!

rosey - the boys and DH are going well, thanks! I'm still a bit sick, but on the mend With your feeding, are you able to express for a few minutes before latching on? To get more hind milk to bub? or after you've done a feed, express for a bit *then* to get some hind milk to give next time? Sorry to hear you're not getting much support ... the guilt/stress/sick cycle is awful ... big hugs xx

zilly - huzzah for a 9 hour sleep!!! not the greatest hours, but hey - if you're at home then that's great!

skybie - I hope you've all had a bit of sleep now ... DS2 has only started looking *at* people in the last few days, and it's not at all consistent ... and for her crying ... it's so hard when you can't calm them ... I was a shocking crier when I was a baby, and mum still reminds me of the day I cried for 13 hours ...

sararose - yes, I was hoping to bypass the terrible twos, because he's so sunny-natured normally ... I guess we'll just roll with whatever happens ... I hope H gets well soon! does fess help? we found a bit of fess and a lot of hot steamy showers helped ... and huzzah for EBM working! It's so fantastic knowing that you have options - whether or not you choose to use them for the funeral ... it's so hard ....

elocin - thanks, hun ... and we will!! I hope the 1.30-2.30 starts being a time for blissful sleep ... and that sleeping through isn't far behind! I am happy to keep getting up and feeding DS2 at night until his belly is big enough to eat enough to get him through the night, by my oh my I'm looking forward to sleeping for more than 3hrs at a time ... bring on the 12-12 sleep, says I!!

... 41213141516 ...