Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Morning everyone

Hope that all you mumma's up in QLD are safe & well and also all your families, it's such a terrible thing to see and I feel so helpless. DH has been up in Roma working and they are cut off because of the flooding in Dalby, can't wait till I get him home next Wednesday (all being well that brissie airport is operating)

Sleep - Well after 3 nights of 2 hourly wakings we're back down to two wake ups in 11-12hours so hoping she is settling down again and her day sleeps are still going great and she now goes down religiously around 9.30-10.00 and 2.30-3.00 with no fuss and sleeps for a minimum of 1 hour so even when she has cr*p night sleep knowing I get that time keeps me sane

Food - The past few days she's been eating "home" cooked food a bit more, last night was roast chicken with roast potato and sweet potato that we had for dinner and she was pretty proud of herself sitting there eating with us lol I still have rafferty's in the cupboard for back up

Work - I've asked to go back part-time which I know they won't agree too but I've already decided I'm not going back to my old job, I hated before I got pregnant and only stayed because I was. I'm going to go and work with mum in family business two days a week where I get to take A with me, will be setting up portacot and play area for her so that helps with the guilts about going to work abit plus DH can have her when he's home and since it's only 5 mins from home can bring her in for her feeds

Teeth - think A's top two are on the move too, that combined with a wonder week has been interesting

Crawling - still nothing here, she gets around on her belly and for a lazy lump when she wants to she can move pretty quickly! No standing or pulling herself up yet either.

We've finally cracked the 8kg's and are 66.5cms.......almost the official sizing for 00 lol.

Phoenix - Good to hear the night sleeping and feeding is improving. It sounds like it'll work out really well with you working with your mum, sounds like an ideal arrangement. B cracked 8kgs just before xmas and was 8.2kg according to our scales today. I haven't done his length for ages, so don't know what that is, but he's now in 00 for tops and bottoms and 0 for one piece suits (he needs the length). He's had a whole new wardrobe in the last 3 weeks - wish I could do that! Oh, hope your DH gets home OK too!

Hi everyone else, hope you're all good!

Hi ladies!!!

Thought I'd pop in seens its been so long!!! I don't bother coming in here as I have a lot of you on FB so just keep up on there, but thought I should make the effort to get back in here today.

Hadley is crawling around like crazy and pulling herself up on everything she can. She usually only gets one leg up and keels on the other them will balance there for a while, not yet up on both fett... Thank goodness!!! Not ready for my baby to be any more mobile as yet!

She hasn't yet his 8kgs, but she's still a chubby little bubby, she's so happy.

Work - Well as I'm sure you all know by now I run a holiday park so am lucky enough to be able to take my girls with me. Hadley is either in the sling or in the back office of the floor crawling about and playing with toys. We got 2 new staff members in late Oct and last week we lost both of them!!!! Right in the middle of our busy time, thankfully we had someone waiting for a job that has worked here in the past so it's not as bad as it could have been!!! Thankfully our trusty office supervisor is a rock so the added pressure of less staff hasn't fased her one little bit!

Food - I always have mashed veg in the freezer ready to go for dinner time, but have been just giving her what ever we are eating and just have the vegies there as backup if we have naughty or spicy food. You definately don't need teeth to chew through food!!! She has no teeth what so ever but asn't have any probs with anything... Biscuits, chicken stir fri and rice, pasta, shephards pie, toast!

Well I'm sure I've said it before but I am definately ready to go baby making again! I'm getting really nervous as DH is against the idea, but I am in no way finished having babies, I'm hoping to have talked him around by Hadley's 1st birthday so we can start trying in May... See how we go!!!

Hmmmm well thats me! Hope you're all happy and well.

PS I saw MZCatieboo in a thread earlier and she's expecting again!!! How exciting for her!!! hehehe I sent her through a little congrats message!

Hi Tiff, great to hear from you. H seems to be doing so well. GL with the baby-making, hope you talk DH into it soon.

AFM - We've been up a few times last night as B is teething. His top right tooth cut through on Sat, but it didn't bother him til last night. Brave boy, it's a big blood blister type thing.

Hi Tiff - great to hear from you, H is such a cutie and good to hear you are all doing so well. GL from me too with the babymaking, I'm holiding off until after November since we are supposed to be going to Bali for my BIL & SIL's wedding and really don't feel like being totally sober or pregnant on our first holiday in ages

Jleigh - Poor B teeth are such horrible things, hope they settle for him soon.

ahhhh I've had 3 nightmare nights in a row, but at least last night was only 2 hours wakings starting from when she went to bed at 7 and not the 1.5hours of awake time at 3.30am I had the two nights before. I'm really at a loss as to what is causing it I can't really see or feel any teeth movement and I'm trying all the teething remedies, Hylands tablets, panadol, teething gel and nothing seems to make a difference at night.

My mum suggested giving her some camomille tea before bed, since it's both calming and also good for upset tummies in case that could be a cause.

On a good note, she's eating my cooking lol She approves of my spag bog, roast chicken & veggies and homemade sausage rolls (meat bit only)

Well I'm off to have a shower while she's having her morning nap, even though I'm more inclined to have a nap.

Phoenix - You sound exhausted! No suggestions, though I did read that it's around the 9 month mark when bubs sleeping patterns change and they have more control over when they sleep/are awake, so often test it out, lol! Great, thanks!

Food - B loves my roast chicken and veg too! He had an entire meal of finger food last night for the first time - sliced roast chicken and steamed brocolli, carrot, beans and sweet potato. He also loved my cauliflower cheese and I added tuna to yesterday's, which made it even yummier!

Sleep - B slept through til 12:30, then woke every hour until 2:30, then again at 4:30am for his feed. Not too bad as he went back to sleep within 10 mins each time.

Teeth - The yukky blood blister thingy has gone and the whole of the tooth is poking through. B seems totally unfazed by it though and I haven't even bothered with Hyland's or Panadol (except on Sunday night). What a good boy!

New tricks - B has decided that standing up and holding onto someone/something isn't exciting enough anymore, so he's doing the "look ma, no hands!" trick and standing up by himself for longer and longer. He couldn't do it at all on Friday, on Sunday it was just 2 or 3 seconds but yesterday he was doing it for 10 or 15 seconds at a time! He's also been practising lots of new sounds too.

Baby-making - We are soooo not ready here yet! I think it'll be a while before DH and I have that discussion!

the last 8 and a bit months have flown!
    Miss E is teething badly- we had 2 teeth at 4months (bottom middle) then at xmas she got 3 in 3 days! another at new years, then 2 more this week, so we are up to 7, with number 8 sitting there waiting.
    its meant horrible sleep, luckily DH sleeps through and gives her brekkie in the morning, so I get 3 hours sleep then, till its b00b and nap time again.
    she loves all food.
    we are BLW and the favs are seedless grapes, 1/2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, roast chicken breast, wholemeal bread, banana, sausages and steak. she chews away at the steak for flavour but will spit it out and grab a new bit to chew
    she is crawling backwards, but can't seem to go forwards yet. her head is 97th %ile but weight is 50th%ile (7.9kg), so she's top heavy which I think makes it hard to go forwards. height is 97th%ile (78cm)
    our latest trick is standing in the bath- so dangerous! she will cruise along the couch/coffee table, but forgets she can't walk alone yet and takes a tumble.
    its been hectic!
    and on the TTC front, I still have no 'cycle' to track, so not much happening there! I want to drink on my 30th (feb 2012) so if I'm not UTD by march, no trying for the year!

Hey girls...just a quick one...who do I email to get my avvie updated?

I STILL haven't got Kaylee in it...though I'll lose it when my RAK from last year expires!!

BW - There's an 'Avatar Requests' thread. Just post and someone will reply who can do your avvie for you. I'll lose mine soon too, Boo hoo!

Trish - Woah, so many teeth! That must make life one big toothache for poor Miss E. I'm glad you've worked out some sleeping for you too.
    We're doing lots of whole/finger foods too. How do you do grapes, whole or in half? DS doesn't like the skin so DH peels them (yep!) for him. He enjoys bananas in slices better than chunks, and is still getting used to chicken breast slices. Are you and your DH tall? Miss E is a long one - what size clothes does that make her? DS needed 00 for length in onesies way before he needed them in tops and bottoms. Not sure how long he is though, but not super tall or anything.

Hi to everyone else.

JLeigh. she will eat whole grapes, her teeth are handy
    We are both tall people, Im 178 and DH is 182 (5' 11" and 6' 1") so she is definately following us there!
    She is in 0 onsies, but they are getting a bit tight. Two pieces are fine in 000 sometimes, but usually 00s. She is only on the 50th% for weight, so skinny minny fits smaller sizes too still.
    Piy that shes so big, we have the wrong seasons in clothes - her 0s and 1s are for winter- so more shopping

Hi everyone!

Have a question -

1. - Does anybody else's baby spit their food out? Elijah is going thru a stage where he is spitting his food at me mainly weetbix or egg, blows raspberries, and thinks its hilarious!

Hahaha sorry thought I had more questions, the others are just statements...lol

Elijah has discovered his "boy bits" while showering or bathing....lol. It's rather cute, but it gets a bit red sometimes..lol

He has also started "dancing" when he hears music. He moves the top half of his body while sitting, as he can't stand just yet. He also has 4 teeth so far, the fourth just cut thru yesterday.

As for the TTC - not happening here...yet! I told DH I wanted another one - but not for at least 1-2 years. I am totally enjoying having MY body back....but I am getting on in years....so I don't want to wait too long.....we shall see how that goes tho

I hope you are all enjoying your little (or not so little) ones

Sleepy - B blows raspberries while he's eating and thinks its funny too, but doesn't spit food. He prefers the 'grab the spoon and swat it so that all the food goes flying' technique! Because of this, I am doing a lot more finger foods now. We still do cereal with a little fruit for breakfast, but I also give him banana/apple/pawpaw/pear slices. Lunch has some finger food and usually yoghurt (which he scoffs and doesn't swat away) and dinner is whatever we're having - the more finger food the better. He wastes a lot but enjoys picking it up and can even do peas now with some success!

Bits - B loves playing with his whenever his nappy comes off, so it's a rush to wipe before his hands are in it when he poos! What does everyone call girl/boy bits? DH and I are discussing atm - we think willy, but not sure!

Teeth - I think B's 4th tooth cut through yesterday but he doesn't let me look easily so it's hard to tell.

Tantrums - B has started screeching/groaning noise when he doesn't like something, and usually he waves his arms around too. He's being very possessive with his fave toys, which are pegs and chux cloths (I use them at meal times and change times) so is rarely without one or the other, even in public! He bursts into floods of tears if I try to take it away, which is a pain if it's a used one and he grabs it before I can get it away from him! And no, he won't swap to a clean one without me tricking him!

Sleeping bag - Any ideas where I can buy a (not too $$) summer weight sleeping bag? B's is getting too small and I have looked everywhere. The one he's got was from Big W and is perfect, but they have none and don't know if they're getting any more. I'd say not now as it's all winter stuff coming in.

Anyway, we're off to mum's group soon so better go get ready!

JLeigh - We have always called the boy bits "doodles" lol, not sure why....

Eliajh sleeps in a singlet and nappy or slhort sleeve onsie.

No tantrums yet, but I'm waiting....lol. He is getting very clever tho, starting to give me kisses now..so cute

I found a sleeping bag! And it was on sale!

Sleepy - WE always called it 'doodle' too, but for some reason wanted to change. I like doodle, hmmm, think I should tell DH that doodle it is!! Ta!

Morning Mummies

Trish - wow 7 teeth and 78cm, she is a tall little miss

Sleepy - No spitting here but raspberries & spoon flicking are a favourite at mealtimes here too. Since we are living mums & she has a rug in her dining room I've bought a messy mat to put under her high chair so mum doesn't have a coronary everytime A eats lol.

Tantrums - they are starting here but not too badly, mainly when she is tired and had enough.

Well we are off and commando crawling and definately keeping mummy on her toes, since we are living in one room at the moment there isn't anywhere to put the stuff I have stashed under bed, cot etc I've just put more big stuff in front of it all lol. The poor dog is feeling it too A is fascinated with her tail & paws.

I went and saw CAFHS nurse a couple of weeks ago with regard to her crappy sleep and following her advice since DH got home we have had two night of sleeping 8-9hours straight. She has dinner, bath, BF and goes to bed around 7.00-7.30 and I give her a dream feed at 10.30 just before I go to bed and when she was waking during night DH has been getting up to her comforting and putting her back to sleep and the wake ups got more spaced since she realised no comfort b**bs - she wasn't hungry waking coz soon has DH would pick her up she would go straight back to sleep it was more of a comfort/security thing, if she's hungry she goes mental and sucks his arms and shoulders. She's been basically using me for a dummy.

On the other upside her eating has improved and her b**b feeds are so much better now too since she's not snacking 5-6 times a night.

Hope everyone & their bubbas is well.

Nap time here for A which mean shower for me

Morning All.

Was thinking about all of you and wondering whats been going on with all our little ones.....I know we have facebook, but its nice to come back in here and have a chat.

Elijah has 4 teeth now, almost 6. He has 2 that are sitting right on the gum, waiting to break thru. But they don't seem to be bothering him....

He is sleeping greatly - thru the nights now - and has been for the last few weeks, only waking for those times when he wants his dummy...but goes back to sleep. If I give him a bottle, he doesn't drink it and just wants his dummy, so I stopped giving them to him during the night..and he seems to sleep better. He wakes in the morning, has a bottle, and a bit of a play, then has his morning nap. I then give him breakfast, if he wants it, and some water. Its been rather hot here, or more muggy I should say, and I sometimes forget to give him water, coz he plays with it if its in a cup, but drinks it if its in a bottle..

So how are all of you going with your bubs (or littleones) lol. Anyone trying to concieve again yet? I did a test yesterday, but was negative - thank goodness. I do'nt want another one yet, I want to enjoy my body and life before I give it up again. I am due for my period, and they still not here, so I'm hoping within the next day or so.....

We are making plans to go camping over Easter, so i would love to enjoy that before anything else...lol. Would love to try for a girl, and I have heard many different ways to do so, I was told the other day to take cranberry tablets, apparently that helps.....but who knows...lol

Hope you are all doing well and having fun with your little bubs.....

Hi to all you lovely mummies!!

Sleepy - I love to read proper updates on here too! Sounds as though E is going great. He certainly sleeps really well. Want Phoebe for a week, send her back to me sleeping? lol

JLeigh - To look in his mouth swing him upside down as a game (if he likes that) Phoebe loves it and laughs and opens her mouth so I can get a good look inside!

Phoenix - Yay on the sleeping back!!

Trish - That is lots of teeth!! Hope she isn't too unsettled for you.

Hi to all other mummies

We are going well here. We went from having no teeth to getting lots at once. She now has 4 broken through with 2 more nearly there. This happened in a week and a bit too! I had a cranky bubby for a while. She cut her top vampire tooth before even her bottom one!

Food - Phoebe will eat anything. I just put food in front of her and she eats, doesn't matter what it is. She has 3 meals and a couple of snacks every day but will eat whenever I am too. She still hasn't really dropped feeds though!! Just a garbage disposal unit.

Sleep - Better not to go there

Stuff - She took 2 steps yesterday!!! While I don't really want her to walk yet I am very proud. She just let go of the lounge and walked to me. I tried to get her to do it from DH to me last night but she just got too excited and kept lunging but I am sure it wont be long. I think she just wants to chase Tiana. She is only just 9 months though!

Well I better go and do some cleaning while she is down - although it is so hot and I have no AC so would prefer to just sit!! I'm not being a very good housewife lately

I'll gladly take Phoebe...hahahah whats another one?

I hear ya on the heat and no air-con its soooo humid, but I'm glad we're not in Cairns

I have been doing the odd housework tho, getting what needs to be done done..and thats about it really...lol Its too hot to do anything else!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast