Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Hi Guys

Wow it's been busy in here!! Sorry I've been MIA but been a very hectic couple of weeks with being away for a week camping and moving into our house

Happy 1st Birthdays to any bubba's I might have missed hope you all had wonderful days with your mummies & daddies and were super spoilt xox

Marni - great to hear P is on the mend wow 500gm is 2 weeks is almost a newborn effort! I have no idea on weaning but A is on 4 BFday feeds - wakeup, morning nap, arvo nap and before bed and only the past week we've broken the 3-6 feeds a night.

Once getting back from camping (where one night I'm sure she was great contraception to everyone there waking every 45mins - 1 hour) and the last night at mums when she was in with us DH refused to let me get up to her during the night and he got up and resettled, patted her bum, cuddled and let her cry for a bit - needless to say neither of us had a great night but the next night in her own room and every night since she has slept right through till between 5-6am when I do get up and feed and she goes back down for another hour or two. Fingers crossed she keeps it up while he's a work coz if I go in to settle her she goes ferrals trying to get at my b**bs lol

Hylands - I have a few tablets left but don't really find they do anything

12 month vax - Have decided to wait until DH is back from work next since wasn't sure how she'd take to being in her own room/moving etc and really didn't want to deal with a miserable girl on top of that, considering she was sick most of DH's last trip to work and that tested me a bit He's talking about going back to 2on/2off YAY

Another bub - I would like to sleep through the night for 12 months lol and DH's family are all getting married in the next 18months all over the place Bali in November, Central QLD next May and then Hong Kong next October suppose I'll just have to decide which one I can cope sober at

A's birthday was great, quite relaxing and with all DH's family there and I'm still quite impressed with my cake baking effort lol

House is great too, so nice to have my own space and stuff again. And even better A is sleeping through the night again in her own room, first night I was in a panic since her room is right down the back of house and even though he monitor was on and right next to my head I kept waking up and checking on her as I'm used to waking up every hour or two

Well enough rambling from me, going to try convince A she needs a morning nap

Hi.

Marni - I am sorry I can't help with the weening, I took E off boobies at 6 months, and he has gone ino his own rouine of sleeping thru, unless he's no in his bed...or camping...lol. But he is sleeping thru - altho early at 5am this morning he woke from what I assume was a bad dream and was unsettled or ages.

Phoenix - Good to hear you're in your new place. It's awesome to be settled and alone..lol, and don't worry about bub being down the hall - I had that problem when we first moved in here..you'll be ok....lol

I cannot believe our bubs are turning 1 and some already have! Elijah will be 1 next monday...and we aren't doing a big do, just a family cake and keeping it quiet...we aren't big on birthdays - unless its ours and we can drink....lol

Ok well gotta do dinner now.....hope all is well with all our beautiful bubs

Well, DS is one! He had a great party, considering we'd all been sick. He even smiled and laughed, which is unusual with so many people around.

Marni - So good to hear P is doing so well. I have no personal experience with the night feeding, but the chn spoke to a couple in our group who are having the same issues and said cold turkey and get someone else to settle bub at night for a few nights. She said try a little water also. Remember that bubs don't NEED to drink overnight and you're not being mean by not offering. If you have to go in yourself, wear something high up and hard to get off, lol! GL, reckon it's gonna be hard for a bit...

Sleepy - A small family do sounds perfect! A big party is just for us, not bubs!

Phoenix - Woo hoo for moving in! As for second bubs, go for it! Just don't expect company in your belly buddies thread.....

Tina - Thanks for the Hylands info. Wonder if the formula will change when it comes back out?

AFM - B had his needles this morning. 3 this time, yuk! He's still sleeping now, which is good for Mummy! He weighed 9kg clothed at the chn yesterday and 8.75kg this morning at the docs, clothed. HC is 44.5cm and can't remember length.

Jleigh - Happy belated birthday to Bos!! Sorry I missed it But I'm glad that he had a good day!

Phoenix - Yay on the new house! Must be exciting to have your own place again and it must be great to have A sleeping well again too.

Sleepy - E's birthday sounds wonderful! I try to do that but somehow it always ends up out of control!

I have decided to go cold turkey with night feeding. Thanks for everyone's ideas. Last night was the first one and I made it! It did involve 2 hours of intermittent crying and whinging and some screaming and pulling at my top but surely each night will get better?? I hope so anyway. We have a routine of dinner, bath, milk, teeth then stories, grobag and bed. We are fairly consistent so it should come together. Phoebe has been drinking a little milk with Tiana but then has a bf after stories.

Has anyone else got a monkey? Phoebe loves to climb. Just now I have dragged her off the table 3 times and the toybox once, all in 5 mins!! She is also prone to banging her head! We get at least one blood mouth a week and had one yest and today this week! I never had any with Tiana.

Happy 1st Birthday to Hadley!!! (for yesterday)

Happy 1st Birthday to Scarlet!!!

Marni - E is starting to climb on whatever he can..lounge, chairs, dvd case....its getting scary...he is also getting into the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen...thats just annoying..lol Good luck with the bfeeding night time weening...

JLeigh - I am not looking forward to the needles next week either Its come around way too fast

Climbing - Touch wood, B hasn't been that interested in climbing.... yet! Well, except on us, lol.

Sleepy - I'm with you on the kitchen. B loves opening drawers, pulling out the saucepan lids and anything else that's in the lower drawers. Nothing dangerous, but makes a BIG mess in a short time! This morning he had all the placemats, measuring cups, 4 aprons, strainer, all the plastic bags and the frypan lid out and over the floor in the 28 seconds it took to heat his milk for Weetbix Then he went to his change table and pulled out all his MCN's, cloths and wipes, then later on was into the toilet paper and threw one of his plastic balls down the toilet! All in under 10 mins! And he's discovered that our deck is a great place to throw the pegs off (I use a portable clothes line on the deck) too! lol, gotta laugh!

Needles - B was absolutely fine! No Panadol, no sleep issues, no more grizzles than usual.

Mother's Day - Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and got suitably spoiled. Did anyone else get an 'I love you Mummy' book? So cute

I got a hand made heart from Tiana, coloured plastic shapes glued on. It is beautiful. Pj's, slippers and Dead Reckoning (book). We had a lovely day - went and had lunch with my mum and the girls had a fantastic time. They love running around grandmas backyard (she is on about 1/2 acre).

Yes we have the pulling everything out of the cupboard!! Who else has the throw everything in the bathtub and lets see how cranky mummy gets when I play in the bin again??!!

OMG! the bin *shakes head*
    we have two small wheelie bins, the 32L or something like that. one for recycling and one for burnables (we are on 50acres so dont get rubbish collection).
    and yep - every time you turn around he is into the bin, pulling stuff out, closing the lid on his fingers and crying lol
    he climbs all the chairs etc but doesnt get into our cupboards, ours close by magnet and we have no handles or anything so he (and most kids) cant figure out how to get into them!

I am trying to make sure I get everything done for Zens bday, lolly bags are filled, pinata is filled. am sticking themed signange onto cardboard tonight, printing wine btl labels now (yes, we have "Zenith 2010" wine!), food is nearly all bought. House has been booked out, all thats left is the floor lol

Wow TinaR - sounds like you been busy! Sounds like its going to be a blast!

Poor Elijah was sick on his birthday (yesterday) - had to take him to the Dr in the afternoon, as he went downhill pretty fast! Found out he has scarlet fever...and he's not eating properly, not really drinking his bottles - just bits here and there, and he isn't sleeping very well at night at the moment. Nurofen helped last night, for a bit, but he didn't go to bed until about 10.30pm - and woke up aflot and just wanted cuddles and not to go back into his bed - poor bubba - am going to try and hav a nap today.

I am wrecked today - not just because of him, but we have a tiny kitten - and all she wants to do is play at night with my hair, with our fingers, and anything else she can get her paws on! I wake up to Cooper yelling at her to leave him alone...lol, but it has helped alot with his fear of dogs/cats...he's much better now.

Had a fantastic mothers day, had brekky in bed, got a lovely pamper pack of scrubs, cream and bath towels and after lunch had a lovely relaxing bath with it....we went out for lunch and had a few relaxing beers in the afternoon. Was great.

Elijah tries to get into the bin - but seems more interested in the drawers and cupboards thank goodness - least he can safely play in there....lol

Fortunately our bin is in a pull-out cupboard and B hasn't figured out how to open cupboards yet (too small to reach the handles yet, and the pull out cupboard gets everyone as they expect it to open like a door, lol!)

Sleepy - I'm not a cat person at the best of times, so that would drive me insane! I'd be locking her in the laundry, he he!

Marni - Can't wait until B is old enough to make me stuff. Your heart sounds gorgeous!

TinaR - Party of the century! When is it?

AFM - B and I did storytime at the library this morning. He's still a bit too young to sit still for 3 books and songs, but it was good to check it out and see what it's like. Am hoping to try Mainly Music this week or next. I still have my sore nipple and would really like to know what's going on as I am even considering weaning.

Jleigh - Maybe go to the dr or call the ABA? I think you should prob get that checked now. I would love to wean - Phoebe however has other ideas. I have just managed to night wean!! Only took 3 bad nights and she now only wakes for cuddles once.

Tina - Wow!! That is one heck of a party! He will have the best day

Sleepy - Poor E Here's hoping he is lots better soon. Good thing they don't remember their first birthdays! What exactly is Scarlet Fever? Oh I hear you on the kitten!! Macy is a little older now but still loves to attack feet and moving things at night. Tiana doesn't like her sleeping with her and I have even found her curled up next to Phoebe in her cot a couple of times.

Good to see Phoebe isn't the only bin fanatic! We even had to do a dash to the drs one day cause she cut her little finger on a a cat food tin and it was still bleeding 10 minutes later despite constant pressure. It stopped bleeding just as the were talking about gluing it. I felt terrible for the poor little thing, I'd only left the room to pee!

Zens bday party is this Saturday - 14th. Its gonna be HUGE! as long as the weather is good! I know he is only 1 and wont remember it and the party is half for us but its also for all our friends and family who have been waiting for ages for us to have a bub and want to celebrate it. His next real party is when he is 10, until then they are just family parties.
    Wine labels came out well, I cant find my sticky tape to do the props so they will need to wait until tomorrow night. Have got the cake all organised, I made a great wanted sign using photoshop and got it made into an edible image...so excited.

Since starting photography (most of you on FB would have seen my Zenography page) a few weeks ago I have had 3 shoots, had one pic published and am having SLeepyNolan over on weekend as my model for a shoot for our local council arts festival. Had to really twist her arm to get her to agree to be my model lmao

Scarlet fever - that sounds contagious...hope he is better soon, especially before saturday or no party for you guys..no chilling on my 50 acres, drinking, sitting around the fire

Time for a new thread

Please find it HERE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617