Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Hi Everyone. Sorry I ahve been MIA, been soo busy and little E is a handful at the moment. He wants constatn attention andits hard to keep up.

AF - I got mine the other day (or night). So I guess 4 months is a good run...lol. I am still brest feeding, altho he is having 1 mean per day at dinner time, but I think because he is sleeping a bit more during the night, its come back.

E has also rolled from his back to his belly this morning - twice. So he is growing - and fast....lol

We are going away for the first week of the school holidays - to Gladstone to visit my sister, so I will be driving for about 8 hours with just me and the kdis. DH can't come he couldn't get time off work, so we going alone. But we going to take it easy and slowly, and get there inone piece...lol

Ok well hope you all have a great weekend, and I will try and post while I am away....

Hi everyone sorry i have been mia again

sleepy- wow you are brave goin on such a big drive with all the kids goodluck with it all and hope you have a nice trip.

Jleigh- Hope B settled down for you lol at outdoing the power tools.I also notice with clothes different brands different sizes May is currently in 00 everything but some things are bigger then others.

Pheonix- glad to hear you are enjoying the mothers group.

Hello to everyone else.

Us we havent been doing alot just been busy looking after the kids May is doing really well again after our bad spurt with the needles finally back to normal routine and no more night waking thank goodness. She has really got quite chubby her cheeks are so big and chubby very cute though. We have gone back to at least 1 or 2 solid feeds a day she really seems to enjoy her food. She is quite a happy little girl now always smiling and talking away which i am so grateful for as she dosent sleep alot in the day now
    how many sleeps? and for how long? are your bubs sleeping at the moment day and night??
    may sometimes has 2 good sleeps for at least 1-2hrs but then sometimes just has a nap then back up again from her last afternoon feed she normally dosent go back to sleep till bed time and then sleeps for the whole night so i cant complain everything is going really well now the dreaded reflux has gone.
    anyway hope you are all well takecare and have a good weekend.

Afternoon mummies

Jleigh - Poor B, hope he settles down real soon for you, it's so hard when they are that unsettled and nothing you do seems to make them feel anybetter. Can't believe he outdid power tools, he must have a healthy set of lungs.

Sleepy - Wow that is a big road trip on your own with the kids, hope you have a great time away. I'm looking forward but also dreading the 10 hours drive to Vic next week - and that is me getting to snooze in the front seat, though I do share the driving but hubby is bit of a control freak in the car is takes a lot of convincing to let me.

Caplay - Glad to hear M is back into her routine and her reflux is gone. Sleep.......well apart from her night sleep nothing is guaranteed with A, she has a minimum 8 hours at night with a feed and then back down for anywhere between 1.5-3 hours. Day sleeps can be 30mins to 3.5hours but that might be two 30min sleeps a day or one 2 hour sleep a day or even 2 x 2hour sleeps - she is so unpredictable I just go with it now and try not to get worked up if she doesn't sleep and isn't too grumpy coz I know she'll go down at night.

AF - still no sign of it here was worried it might show up due to A's long night sleeps but now I'm just going with every week without is a bonus

Does anyone else's bubs like sucking the bubbles off their hand and also grabbing the facecloth and sucking it in the bath? A has taken to doing this past week and I think it's giving her tummy pains, as she's happy to drop off to sleep but then wakes crying hysterically - I pick her up and hold her upright and she nods off but as soon as I lay her down it starts again. Usually after a burp or fart or two (or as the other night two monster poo's in about 30mins) all is good and she settles again

Well a is down for a sleep..30mins and counting, so should go and get some washing done. Have a great day ladies

Phoenix - Good sleeping happening! With the bubbles maybe only put water in the bath and squirt the soap on your hand to wash her and give her a wet washer to chew on? She may still eat some bubbles but prob not as much! Phoebe likes doing the same though.

Sleepy - Very brave lady!! But have fun and Yay on the rolling. Great work Elijah!

Jleigh - Hi!! Sorry I can't remember what you said on the other page, but I hope you are enjoying your little man!

Cap - Isn't it great when they are just happy bubbas!

Well I wish I could say we are having as good a time here! Did any of the other bubs get really unsettled at around this age (4-41/2 months)? Phoebe is waking several times a night and suddenly waking for the day at 5 or before. She is then still awake for hours and I am having great trouble settling her? She is tired though and cranky! I guess I am just after some idea that this will pass and is just a growth spurt. I am soo tired and don't know what else to try.

Marni - I am hearing you! Zen is just a massive turd-burger at the moment waking 2-3 times through the night, screams (not cries) for half his days sleeps. I just dont know what to do and by the end of the day I am just exhausted, and of course with being up through the night it is so hard to catch up!

Hi to everyone!

Big Trips - Zen and I did a trip to Townsville when he was only 12wks and did fine. Regular stops to feed and play with him and he loved it

Solids - Zen isnt on solids, he was for a week but then stopped himself and I havent put him back on

I had a heap of things to write but my brain is mush by this hour!

Tina - Hi! As awful as this is I am kind of glad that Zen is like Phoebe (well you know what I mean) I am not the only one going through it! Oh, and I think something has gone wrong with your ticker - unless you've traded him in for a newer model. lol!

Solids - We haven't started yet either, but I have spoons, bowls and baby rice so I can soon. She is probably ready but I am putting it off cause I know how much extra work it is - making all the food, cleaning up and carrying it everywhere! Lazy I know...

Marni / Tina - A was a right little feral about 3-4 weeks ago, she suddenly decided 4am was a great time to start the day no matter what time I put her to bed. Tried putting her down later but nope 4 -4.30 it was and day sleeps during that time was a battle of wills and sadly think she won most times. She settled back down again after about a week and a half/two weeks, they do apparently have a sleep regression around 4-5 months. So I hope Z & P settle back down quickly again for you too.

No bubbles in the bath tonight and so far she's been down sleeping for half hour, so hoping I might have found the cause.

A seems to have discovered a lovely new skill......screeching & squealing at full noise, it was cute the first couple of times but not so cute when people turn around in supermarket and stare at you as it sounds like I'm torturing her but she has this big gummy grin on her face and looks sooo proud. Ahhh gotta love the wonder weeks, 18-20 weeks is another one

Phoenix - Great that A went down better! Phoebe has been doing that squealing for a few weeks now, it's impressive!

Well last night was 12, 3, 4, 5 and then up at 6 Ihope this doesn't last too long!

Hi Everyone, Sorry I'm still not around I'm just run off my feet with the kids.. I need so help/advice from you all:

I took Noah for his 4 mth old needles and my doctor weighed him. She told me I could start solids any time in the next to month but he must be started before 6mth!! Which was fine. But after she weighed him he was 7.05kg I thought she said 7.1kg but was mistaken Noah was 7.1kg about 3-4 weeks ago so he should have put some weight on and was 67cm long so he is a big healthy boy But she said his stats had dropped off a bit and she was concerned my milk supply was low as Noah is feeding for 20-25min (most of the time I stop him at that) and then every hour/ hour and half. She told me that is not normal and I might want to start him on bottles or top him up with solids.. I really really want to breastfeed so I started solids Tuesday night. But still he feeds about the same. He is a great sleeper but I'm really getting tired and sore from all the feeding.

So what I need to know is if you are breastfeeding how long do you feed for and how often??

I want to breastfeed but I won't keep going if he isn't getting enough. I'm feeling really upset about this really disappointed I really thought this time I could do it.

Marni - I spoke to soon she woke up screaming after about 30mins and then would fall asleep soon as I picked her up but howled soon as I laid her down again. If I put her on her side or tummy she was fine.....this went on until about 11.30 when I gave her some panadol held her till it took effect and she went down. Am off to chiro for myself this morning but will get him to have a look at A to see if there is something causing her pain when laying on her back.

Socks - Hello Congrats on getting this far BF, is this the longest? I always panic A isn't getting enough since she only feeds for about 10-15mins max and every 3 hours and at one stage was only putting on 70gms a week (she's back up to about 180gms a week). There are some great threads on here about BF'ing and increasing supply and also a lactation consultant Barb I think her name is that pops in and answers questions.

Maybe with the start of solids, it might supplement his appetite a little bit once he gets the hang of them? I know one mum in MG who BF's gives her not so little boy one formula feed a day.

Phoenix76 - Thank You I didn't think to post over in the BF forum I will run and do that now!! This is the longest I have BF the longest before this was 12 weeks So I am proud of that.. I hope you can find out why A is crying like that. It's hard to deal with a baby in the middle of the night when you are tired.

Socks - I am definately no expert but keep going. You are doing well and maybe he grew longer? or is moving more? If he is still having plenty of wet nappies and is happy after feeding I would just continue on. Try some things to supplement your milk supply if you are worried but I am sure that you would know if he is unhappy with your milk.

Phoenix - I hope that the chiro can help. I know if made a huge difference in Phoebe!

Squealing - lol...Zen does them too! I tell him not to cause its high pitched and he sounds like a girl Daddy did it back to him and he cried..he hates loud noises from people, - tv cars etc dont bother him but raised voices, yelling etc terrifies him!

Sleep - he was up at 11.30, 2 and 5. At 5 I put him into bed with me and he stayed asleep/quiet till 6.40. The doctor said when they wake this often and want a feed its a growth spurt and its your bodies way of producing more milk...So we will persevere a bit longer before trying solids.

Pooh - anyone elses breastfed bubs only pooh once a week or so? Zen was everyday then went to mondays and thursday and this week its been monday only???

Marni - hope P sleeps better for you

Phoenix - fingers crossed it was just the bubbles giving A issues

Socks - Zen feeds about every 3hrs and about 5-10mins a side. I think the BF thread is the way to go. Someone did tell me a herb/mineral that used to be a way to increase milk supply but I have forgotten the name...am happy to try and find out for you if you dont get the help you need off the other thread

AFM: brain not quite so much slush this morning after the extra 'lie-in'. 6.40am never used to be a sleep in for me!its amazing what a good thing is now-a-days lol
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine will consist of actually doing some decent cleaning.
    I rearranged Zens room yesterday and DH said that maybe the room being moved around is unsettling him? I dont think so because he is used to sleeping in a variety of spots (his bed, couch, pram, other peoples places) but what do you guys know/think?
    Zen has also had quite a few times when he would feed and scream after it, wouldnt let me burp him but would settle as soon as I put the dummy in and he could suck - no, he didnt want anymore food as he wouldnt attach any longer...any ideas?

No, I didnt trade him in, I dont know why my ticker went all dodgy!

Tina - How is Zens sleep going?

Well we have had a busy weekend here. Yesterday we had my stepdad's 50th birthday, so we were up at mums all day to help set up and then for the party. Tiana ran riot all day and night and totally crashed! Phoebe was so good too. Slept in the pram when she was tired and happy to be cuddled otherwise. Today we had Tiana's party for her birthday. It was meant to be at the park but because of the rain it was a quick transfer to home. I managed to get a party together for her in about 1 hour! She had heaps of fun though, but is now exceptionally tired and ratty from her big weekend! Her birthday isn't until Wednesday so I still need make cupcakes for daycare on Tuesday and organise something for Wednesday. I swear she will thing birthdays are a week long affair!

Also Phoebe is sitting up!!! Only for a few seconds but she looks very proud of herself! So cute - I just love watching her grow and learn new things. We are going to begin solids this week too. She stares at our food, chews when we are eating and last night stuck her hand in Mum's dinner and then sucked on it. I am confident she is ready - but will just take it slowly.

Hope that everyone had a good weekend!

ugh - did a post this morn and lost it stupid internet

Zen is doing much better, only woke once last night for a feed and is doing well again today so fingers crossed its all going to be awesome again!

Hi, hope everyone had great weekends.

Marni - WOW you were busy and sounds like you've got a busy week too. Happy Birthday to your little girl. Wow P is sitting up already, clever girl

Socks - How are you going with Noah, did you get much help with post in the BF section?

Tina - Arrgghhh don't you hate it when you lost a post!

Hello to everyone else

Well chiro seems to have helped miss A, she's even feeding better off my left side which she always used to fuss on. She's got the snuffles at the moment, not a really blocked nose just snorts a bit when she's breaths if that makes sense.

DH is home tomorrow morning, then we are off to Vic on Thursday, though he's talking of leaving Wednesday now so I better get sorted on what I'm going to cart over for A. Of course I'm on here, she's woken up lol

hi ladies
    hope you are all well?
    didnt do alot here on the weekend my mum came to stay which i enjoy every weekend other then that didnt do anything much.

Marni- wow you sound like you have been busy i have 2 parties to plan in december mine is the 2nd DS is the 4th and DD2 is the 14th and then in May i have 2 aswell i dont think we will do a real big bash though just something small for each of them. Goodluck with starting the solids May just loves her food.

Pheonix- glad the the chiro has helped A hopefully she just has the sniffles and isnt coming down with something goodluck with your trip to vic where in vic are you going to?

Tina- Hope zen is doing better and you are getting abit more sleep now.

a big hello to everyone else.

I dont have alot to say May is still going really well so happy and she is also quite strong and sits very well supported on the floor i think she will do things alot earlier then last DD she didnt crawl till she was 1 and didnt walk till 16mths and still has plenty of teeth to cut.
    May is still enjoying 2 solid feeds a day and looks for it if i am running a little late getting organised gets so full on here with school holidays and 4 children wanting and needing me constantly.
    May is still sleeping right through the night and only some nights wakes for the dummy but seems to be sleeping right through now abit more then waking for it. But i am still not getting alot of sleep as DD 20mths is cutting teeth and waking in the night for a bottle or dummy i am just glad May sleeps so i dont have to get up to both of them.
    DD 20 mths is being a little bit of a handful lately i think we are hitting the terrible 2's already oh i forgot how trying toddlers can be lol. hopefully it dosent last long and is just a faze.
    anyway better run kids are all asleep so better think of hitting the hay soon myself i just enjoy this quite time though.
    takecare everyone.

Walkers - what do ppl think of walkers? we are going to get Zen one cause he is happiest when we support under his arms and he can stand - he actually takes all of his weight!

Solids - part of me wishes I could start him on solids but then I know I have it easy not needing to cart the extra supplies plus he really doesnt seem to need them yet. the midwives really push the 6mth thing and look at you like a two headed monster when you suggest it lol
    I dont envy you CapMay having to run around after all your kiddies - especially when I know how demanding Miss May probably is around food time - Zen certainly lets me know if I am taking to long!

Modelling - we took Zen to one modelling agency, Bettina. I wasnt overly impressed with them. they said they want him but I have an interview with Brats first and will see what I think of them. I think I would prefer them. Also - in the Brisbane baby contest on FB Zen just won 'King' and 'Most cute and cuddly'!! so very proud of him. You dont get anything for winning but its still cool to have him crowned!

Weather - well its been wet and windy out home which has meant he is inside alot more and I dont think he is enjoying it. Upside is he is back to one nighttime feed so I am starting to feel better.

Hope everyone else is going great - its so easy to be way to busy and not find the time to get on here - i do that all the time!

take care xo

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast