Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Tina - Way to go Zen, he's a little cutie Glad he's settled back to sleeping again for you.

CaPlay - DH's family is from the Gippsland and they are spread from Trafalgar to Traralgon. His sister is down from Qld with little girl so it will be first time my MIL has all her grandkids together.

Modelling - I was kinda thinking I wanted to see if anyone would want A lol but can't seem to find much on agencies in Adelaide plus not sure if I want to part with the $$'s if she's not guaranteed work.

Walkers - We got A one of those activity station thingy's where she can stand (bargain at target for $55), the seat turns around to different toys and when the little pip squeak gets a bit taller and her legs finally reach she will be able to use the bouncing plate at bottom of it, she loves it in there and thinks she's pretty special. I want to get her a jolly jumper too.

A is back to sleeping nights but with her blocked nose wakes up after been down an hour or even as soon as ten minutes grizzling, not awake just lying there with her eyes closed whinging until I pick her up and give her cuddles or pat her till she nods off. This went on from 8.00 - 11.30 last night, I feel so bad I can't do anything to unblock her nose. Might head off to chemist to get some FESS spray for her and get DH to dig out the vapouriser when he gets home coz I have no idea where he's stored it in shed. She's woken up happy as and is during the day, just her nose annoys her she sleeps. It's not running, but when I cleaned it out with cotton bud after her bath it's bright green.....will keep an eye on her.

Hi ladies,

Just another quick one from me. We've been in Melb for the weekend, flew into SYD yesterday afternoon then drove the 4 hours home last night... The girls and I are sooooo tired (Dh didn't want to come so staid home)! T has a temp and has just been laying on the lounge not wanting to move all morning, poor little treasure.

H is going great guns, she's H&H 4.5month old! She is so mobile on the floor these days and pulling her knees up under her when she's on her belly. She's having a little trouble self settling atm but I just think it's been because we're so out of routine lately. I put her down about 5 mons ago, she had a little stir buut has drifted off on her own so hopefully now we're home and things go back to normal things should ok again. Going to be hard next week when I'm working in the office every day as its the school holi's. I'll have my port-a-cot in there so hoping it wont be too bad!

I hope you're all doing really well. Always thinking about you all and your little people. I do lurk when I can and definately check on those I have on FB

Have a great day all

Cap - It's great that May has settled for you now! You were having a bit of a rough time for a while there.

Tina - I don't think walkers are a terrible thing. I'm sure that you wouldn't leave Zen unsupervised or in it for hours at a time - which I believe is when problems arise. We have a jumperoo for Phoebe and she loves that! And way to go King Zen!!!

Phoenix - Before you buy fess ask for 'flo baby' it is the same thing but in a nasal spray that can be used with baby in any position, not just sitting up. I found it was easier to use and worked heaps better Hope that A settles down again soon and the cold isn't too bad.

Tiff - Hi! Hope that T feels better soon and Hadley keeps doing so well!

Well we began solids yesterday. Phoebe loves it. We have only had a little baby rice each day but after the first mouthful she opens her mouth as soon as she sees the spoon! We will stick to that for a few days and then introduce something else. What has everyone else done? It will be a pain when I have to cart food around but she was ready and I guess I had to start sometime!

Well better go and finish wrapping Tiana's presents for tomorrow while P is asleep. I can't believe my baby girl is 4!!!! I don't know how it happened so fast.

Hi ladies

Tina- walkers i only ever used one once for one our kids and didnt bother with it after that i am not a huge fan of them i also have an activity centre like pheonix where they can just stand in and bounce/kick of the platform when there legs are long enough and amuse themselves i would much prefer the activity centre to the walker but i think it is everyones personal choice i got mine of a friend for last DD but think i will get it out soon and set it back up for may as she is so strong on her legs now and holds her self perfect.

Pheonix-yeah try the fess little noses i found that to help alot with May when she had the sniffles and blocked nose hope you have a better night tonight.

Marni- yes it is just so good to see may happy and content makes me so much more happier to. Solids we started with the rice cerial with abit of added fruit apples/pears but that seemed to upset her abit so stopped with that now this always happened with my other kids to rice cerial and bananas never mixed well with them she normally has either apple&oatmeal or bluberry muesli for breakfast and late afternoon has some sort of custard apple,egg,vanilla i am going shopping tommorrow so will stock up on a few more things to try aswell i am going to start doing my own fruits and stuff but atm with holidays i cant seem to find the time soon i think i will introduce some vegies and make it 3 feeds as she really is looking for it now.

tiff2-hope t is doing better soon and.

not much to report here Had a good busy day with the kids off shopping tommorrow only with 2 Children oldest and May but oldest DD is getting dropped at a friends for a few hours so just May and myself which will be alot easier going to just take the wrap but havent used it for awhile so not sure how she will go in it hopefully good.

have a nice night/day takecare

Hi everyone- have been missing a bit but trying (not succeeding that well, but trying) to keep up.

Solids - We will wait as long as we can. B still seems content and I want to do everything I can to minimise allergies. Marni - it's definitely best to only introduce one food at a time and leave for a few days before mixing it with anything or adding anything else. That way if bub does react, you know exactly what's causing it.

Walkers - I've heard the 'experts' say they're 'terrible' but everyone seems to have their own opinion, don't they? Do whatever you want, I'm sure someone somewhere will disagree!! I am always looking for different ideas to amuse B as he much prefers sitting but of course I have to hold him up (he's almost, but not quite able to support himself). Am looking into a swing for our deck and am thinking of putting him in the highchair just so he can look about.

Tiff - Glad H is so happy! What kind of port-a-cot do you have? Do you have a mattress? How heavy is it? etc etc (In other words, tell me about your port-a-cot!!! )

Tina - We have a star baby, woo hoo!

Marni - Hope T's b'day was special.

Caplay - Yes, hols, bet you love 'em!!

Phoenix- Hope A is feeling better.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well.

Qu about nappy free time - How do you guys do it? B poos and wees every 10 minutes and it's just such a mess I rarely bother. Any tips?

hi everyone
    I've been MIA for a while, just so busy and DH is away at the moment so running the show on my own 24/7. I haven't really had a chance to catch up on posts but will try to once the girls are in bed tonight.

We've had a bit of a rough few weeks. E had a major growth spurt about 3 wks ago and was feeding lots, day and night. Then she had a temp, then she had her needles and seemed to get into a bit of a pattern of night waking so we're trying to kick that habit at the moment. She feeds to sleep in the evening (although self settles or settles with pats during the day) so I think that may be causing a bit of a problem. I'm trying not to feed her during the night because I'm pretty sure the growth spurt is over and she was going 11hrs a night for about 6wks. Fingers crossed she's getting the message.

Solids - I think she might be ready. It's weird for me because A wasn't anywhere near ready at this age, but E is bigger and hungrier! We'll see how the next couple of weeks go.

Will try and catch up later. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

JLeigh - I use a huggies change mat for naked time. That way if we have a mess I just clean her up and toss the mat! The other day though she managed to stay dry the whole time she was playing and then weed all over me when I picked her up!

pmccask - I don't think night waking is a problem yet, only a pain for us! From what I've read babies may need feeds overnight until they are at least 6 months. Phoebe generally wakes twice a night to feed still, but settles after straight away so it isn't that big a deal. Unfortunately I can't help with the feeding to sleep - P never does it!

Well after our busy week last week I am hoping that this one is calmer. What is everyones bubs doing? Phoebe is now on solids twice a day - after her mid morning feed and after her late afternoon feed. It is so cute, she sees the bowl and spoon and gets excited, mouth open ready! She has only had baby rice and banana but I think I will do carrot next. She can also sit unsupported for about 5-10 seconds until she topples, but still doesn't roll!! I think my babies are too fat to roll!!! She sleeps ok. Anywhere from 40 minutes to a couple of hours during the day and wakes twice overnight. She is up at 5.30am for some reason at the moment which I wish she would change but I'm sure she will again soon. Oh and her latest trick is to indian call!! If you move your hand back and forth over her mouth she will make a long sound so she gets the indian call noise! ( I hope you understand what I am talking about)

Hi to everyone and hope you are all enjoying happy bubba smiles!

Marni - Hunter does the indian call too....although the has learnt that from his nannas...I cant take the credit. Hunter can roll - and does it once or twice every couple of days...but only when he wants to lol! He is a fatty too. We are the same with the sleeping - he has 2 or 3 naps which can vary between 40 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes. But he is very clever and has learnt to sit up mostly by himself for extended periods. He sat in the corner of his lounge for about 10 minutes while I packed his things before work today, until he toppled over. But now everytime I lay him down he lifts his head to sit up. Makes things quite difficult lol

pmc - sorry to hear the night wakings are causing trouble. We are suddenly having more night waking - but I am not feeding him during the night though (but he still has a dream feed at 10pm). But I think I can attribute his to teething.

We are really struggling with teething - he wakes up screaming in pain but once you put some bonjela on he calms right down. I wish they would come through cos he is so upset. Everyone on facebook probably knows but Hunter is now sitting up by himself for short periods (minutes) and he can also hold his own sipper cup! I am such a proud mum...he is so clever! Anyone else other than Hunter and Phoebe trying to sit? Maybe we have the sticky beaks who like to sit but not roll. Hunter only rolls every couple of days but he can do it I think he is just too chubby lol
    We are having 3 solid meals a day now, Hunter loooovvvvveeees food! He has potato, carrot, pumpkin, zuchinni, apples, pears, bananas and rice cereal. He also has a chew on rusks if we are having a particularly bad day of teething. He doesnt seem to like teething rings. He is still growing so quickly - he is 5 months next week monday and today mum took him to the health nurse and he is 7.9kg and 68cm long! Chubba bubba! Hope everyone is well, it is very quiet in here!

SSM - Yes, it is very quiet! I have been MIA for a few days and checked back now and have hardly missed anything. Thank goodness, sometimes it's impossible to catch up!

Marni - I have a spare change table mat I use, but DS can projectile wee so I have to put a towel under that. A disposable mat is a great idea though as there's no clean up .

pmc - Sorry you're having trouble with night wakings - think we all went through it. Mine lasted about 10 days, how long have you been going?

Rolling - DS still hasn't rolled at all. I don't think he's too chubba to roll, he's probably not even 7kg yet (haven't weighed him for a few weeks)! He's almost, almost there and is getting very frustrated in the last few days as he'll roll 1/2 way and can't get over that last bit.

Chubba bubbas - I don't think either of you have big bubs. There's a bub in my mum's group, a few weeks younger than DS, who was 9.5kg a few weeks ago. He's huge, adorable, but huge!

Sleep - Most of the mum's in my group are having trouble too, whether it's nights or days. We all want to encourage bubs to self-settle, but it's hard and exhausting too. DS is doing one long sleep of about 1.5 hours most days and one or two 40 min naps. The long nap is in the morning though, and it's 'supposed' to be the midday one - sleep school info says to wake them after an hour, but I am afraid if I do, he won't sleep for longer later. WDYT?

Solids - DS is still bf only. We have offered some cucumber and today some pumpkin and brocolli but he's not interested at all, just pushes it back out, so I'll wait. He did, however, eat a chunk out of the junk mail yesterday! I saw it in his mouth and reached in to get it and...gulp...down it went. On the plus side, guess what ended up in his nappy this morning? You could still see the writing too!

Noises/talking - DS loves shrieking at the top of his lungs. He is making himself laugh too now, and just loves it when we make silly noises at him. No indian calls though, lol!

Sleep in prams - Is anyone else's bub refusing to sleep in their pram if you go out? I've tried him lying down and sitting up but he won't have a bar of it. Not sure if it's the change in environment or the pram itself.

Hope everyone is doing well.

We only had ONE wake up last night!!!! It has been so long since we havn't had multiple feeds each night. She only fed once and had the dummy put back in once and didn't get up until 6am - which is an improvement on 5-5.30am (note: mummy is seriously NOT a morning person). I was so happy but realise that it probably wont continue. We have also reached 5 months tomorrow!! My chubba is growing fast.

JLeigh - Phoebe likes to sleep in the pram while out - sometimes even sleeps better that way. Wow on the 9.5kg bubba - that's one big boy! Was he big born? Another option instead of a change mat is a cheap plastic tablecloth - easy to rinse off and bigger for your projectile weer!

SSM - I've been wondering where everyone is too! I see many on facebook but still lots of absent mummies. My mum taught Phoebe the indian call too! Must be a grandma thing What cup do you use for Hunter's water?

Hi to all other mummies! Hope you are travelling well. I should probably go and work on my shopping list - very unmotivated for meal ideas!

Hi everyone. Just a quick one before bed time to say hi to y'all. We are still around, just having trouble getting on here. Lol.

We had 1 wake up last night, at 4am. That was nice. We are still on one solids at dinner time. I'll introduce lunch within the next fortnight. Eli will be 5 months old soon.

We had a good time in Gladstone apart from the rain the drive was good too. I'll come back tomorrow to try and catch up.

Marni - we use a couple of cups but the best I found is Heinz...from 4 months cup. They have them in Woolies :-) I also have a Tommy Tippee but that leaks and the Heinz cup doesnt so can leave the little man playing with it without it leaking everywhere :-)

Just a quick 'me' post - B rolled over last night, from back to tummy! And this morning he rolled from his tummy to his back! I am one very proud Mummy!

Hope everyone is good, BBL.

Hi everyone, we're back from Vic and DH has gone back to work till next Wednesday, only a short one this time to do handover in his new location before he starts there properly in a few weeks.

Trip to see family was nice, A was a good traveller on way over with only waking for two feeds - on th way home she cracked it about an hour and a half out of Adelaide. She's had a blocked nose for about a week and that seems to be upetting her feeding & sleeping as well as a growth spurt - so my lovely sleeping baby has been waking at some times 2 hoursly during the night, I can tell you I am certainly not used to that but we are back down to waking at about once at 4ish which I can cope with ALOT better

Since A will have nothing to do with a bottle, I have also started her on a sippy cup we've tried it with some boiled water and she would happily drink that, so hopefully once I get back to expressing I can get her to have BM out of it. I'm also going to start solids with her next week when DH gets back from work, was going to wait until 6 months but he will be at work and he wants to be here since he does miss things - she'll be 51/2 months so not too far off my goal anyways.

Jleigh - YAY on B rolling!! I use a water proof piece of fabric that my mum hemmed that is a bit bigger than her playmat and I also put a cloth nappy under her butt for nappy free time as she is guaranteed to pee EVERY time. A likes her pram too, will nod off just sitting in it and sometimes sleeps for ages in there.

SSM - WOW H is sitting up already, what a clever little boy. Poor thing with the teeth, hope they break through soon so he can get some relief.

A big hello to everyone else, since my little one is waking earlier I now have a cranky tired baby who needs to go back to sleep

Hi everyone. Boy its been quiet in here, i guess we're all catcing up on facebook these days...lol.

I can't believe our bubs are nearly 5 months old already! It's going so fast!

We went shopping yesterday, and I got E one of those activity centres, like a walker, but without wheels and the seat spins around so he can use all the toys...was $79.95, but I used my $10 voucher I got in my bounty bag, so I got it for $69.95 He is still on one meal a day, but am thinking of doing the lunch time feed too, altho we tried mashed banana yesterday, don't think he was a big fan...lol, I ended up giving him farex with booby milk instead for dinner...he seems happy with that right now. I usually give him custards, and that works, but I was thinking of getting some potatoe and pumpkin and making up some dinners...

We are still waking at least twice a night, sometimes more, so I am really tired lately. I got my first AF just over 3 weeks ago, and we had an accident, almost 2 weeks after I got them...so I'm a bit worried, even tho I know I'm probably not pregnant, now is certainly not the time for it! We do want just 1 more...lol, but in about 3ish years we think!

I hope you are all doing well, and bubs are growing nice and big and strong!

Yeah Sleepy, it certainly has been quiet! I've heard the activity centres are great, hope E enjoys his!

B seems to go through phases with the waking, probably once every 2nd day on average but Tues night was bad, 4 times then awake for good at 5:15am. 3 out of 4 wakes were the screaming his head off kind too. So yesterday he was pretty tired, but wouldn't sleep in the arvo, so was awake and grumpy from 11 to 7pm. Then he slept from 7ish to 7am! Then napped from 9:20 to 11:45am!!

B can sit up by himself now! He's sooo proud of himself and absolutely loves it. And yesterday he did a bit of a bum crawl too, sooo cute! No more rolling though. How is everyone else's bubs doing, movement wise?

Hope everyone is well, assuming you're all on FB catching up!

We are doing well here. Phoebe is now 7.740kg, 66.5cm long and HC of 43cm. She is my happy chubba bubba! She can sit really well supported and for short times unsupported. Today she finally rolled!!! From belly to back and I am sure it was an accident but she still did it. Her latest trick is to blow rasperries, very cute.

Sleep: She sleeps fine. At night she still wakes 2-3 times but just feeds and goes back to sleep so I can't complain. She will normally have 3-4 naps during the day, depending on if she has a long one or lots of 40min ones.

She is still a booby baby and wont take a bottle at all. She does have breakfast and dinner and drink water from a sippy cup though.

JLeigh - Is Boz sitting unsupported?

Would be great to hear from other mummies!

hey i havent been getting messages from here so im glad i looked it up,
    anwyays a question for you all, did any of you get notes to take to ur drs for your check ups, i just found mine and i opened it and read it, and said placenta, membranes etc ragged, (what does this mean), if i call the hospital where i had her can i ask them about my csection and the safety of another one would they be able to tell me what the inside looked like

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast