Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Marni - where do you get the volleys from? E has massive feet for a little baby lol. He doesn't own shoes yet. Cooper had his first Nikes just before he was 1. Sooo cute. Love little shoes.

We put in an application for a house yesterday afternoon, so fingers crossed it's all good. I don't see why we would get rejected - apart from having 4 boys. But you never know. It's a big 4 bedroom house, massive dining room great kitchen, built in cupboards. No ensuite, but I don't have one here so it's ok. I was hoping to have one for privacy, but oh well lol. It has a nice yard, but not much of a clothesline. I guess I'll just have to get DH to construct a make do rope one. And there is a double lock up garage, so fingers crossed

How is everyone sleeping? I can't sleep much these days. E is still waking at least twice during the night. Plus I don't really get day sleeps anymore.

Hope you all have a great day.

Sleeping?? whats that lol. Zen was sleeping through for a few nights then started waking twice again, the last couple of nights he has woekn every three hours. thankfully I can have a small nap with him at his morning sleep - if I dont mind not cleaning... which bugs me!

Sleeping - is not too bad atm....kinda....lol! B stirs 1-3 times a night, but usually resettles after he's woken us, but before I can quite get in there to settle him (grrr! ). I am not enjoying the fact he's now awake from around 4:30am, as nothing I can do will get him to go back down 'til around 8am, when he's so tired he just falls asleep bfing. He's been having a nice long morning nap (2.5-3 hrs) but his afternoon nap is either non-existant or only about 25 mins, boo hoo. And because he's so tired, he often misses breakfast as he's asleep. I am contemplating giving him his breakfast earlier, but I'd prefer he just slept rather than me changing his whole routine based on him waking so early!

Tina - am thinking I need that early morning nap as well, but not doing the housework bugs me too!

Marni - Yay for Phoebe! We've found B sitting up in his cot twice in the past 3 days, so he's obviously able to sit himself up too It's scary but way cool, isn't it? - gotta put those cot sides up soon... He nearly did it in front of us on Sunday, but couldn't quite pull himself up.

Car Seat - The law says 9kg or 6 months, whichever is last, doesn't it?? B is only 7.2kg, so has a while to go yet.

Shoes - A friend gave me her son's old Adidas shoes - waaaay cute, but he's only worn them once.

Christmas - B is getting too many pressies, from us and family, as you'd expect from a first grandchild on both sides! What's everyone doing about a tree, from a safety point? B already crawls backwards, so am wondering if he'll be crawling by Christmas and it'll be unsafe to have a tree????

Sleepy - Hope you get the house!

Needles - The practise nurses do the needles at the same time too. B cried a bit, but had no reaction afterwards,

BW - K's routine sounds awesome, well done! Same with food etc. What nappies are you using? How are they?

Better go shower and dress before B wakes! Have a great day everyone!

Fingers crossed on the house Sleepy!

Marni I think Kaylee needs volleys for christmas!!

JLeigh: I use itti bitti nappy co nappies, and they are AWESOME! I don't use them at night (I used to but Kaylee has been wetting through them of late so I need to play around with them a bit and maybe put the next size on her at night (she's still in smalls as she only weighs 7.2kg).....but at this stage I figure 1 disposable at night isn't too bad!!!

Volleys - I got Phoebe's from Target. They were $15. I know that I could have probably waited and gotten them on sale but I really wanted this design! I can't wait for her to wear them.

Sleepy - Good luck with the house!

Sleeping - We wake 1-2 overnight still. It isn't that bad though cause she does resettle easily. Day naps are hit and miss.

Jleigh - clever babies! They will be crawling before we know it!

BW - yes, Kaylee does need Volley's!

Well I have had a crap day. First had Tiana at the Dr's - she has a UTI and Chest infection, with 39+ temps. Then this afternoon Phoebe starts throwing up! All over me, her and the carpet... She is asleep now but Tiana is wide awake thanks to her 3 hour nap this afternoon. I think I am in for a long night!

I won't say good morning, as I don't feel very good. Think its going to be a not so good day. We were awake every 2 hours last night. I even gave E nurofen at 1.30am. It didn't do anything. I'm guessing that he is teething I need some Bonjela but that never worked with Cooper, so I don't really think it'll help with E.

Hopefully we'll hear about the house this morning. Fingers crossed

Sleepy have you got an amber teething necklace??
    My two kids have them, and when they aren't wearing them people do notice a difference in their behaviour (when teething) they do seem to help!

Might be worth a try...though I do recommend the more expensive ones...there are cheaper ones on ebay but I don't know how good they are... but theres a good website where I got the kids ones from.
    PM me or FB me for details!!!

Hi girls, sorry I've been MIA I have DH home, had a fried laptop and been away camping...........and now so much to catch up on, it's been so busy in here

Volley's - A's got a pair, they look soooo cute even though the 0-6 month size is still too big for her, I got them from Big W

Naps - A is still pretty erratic but is generally having one morning & one arvo nap, anywhere between 30mins and 2.5hours.

Food - she is finally on 3 meals a day and the past week seeming to really enjoy eating and gets cranky if we take too long between mouthfuls. She eats pretty much everything but think she's gonna be more of a sweet tooth like her mum

Wrapping - A has been in a grobag since about 10weeks and sleeps really well in it have to go and get her a summer weight one as it's really warmed up down here past week or two.

Teeth - no sign of them here, we thought they were on the move but after check up with CAFH's on Monday nope nothing........now we have no reason for her sudden crappy sleeping lol

Well A is now 7 months old (no more little baby) and had her checkup on Monday, she was 7090gms and 63cms. She is doing everything they reckon she should be which was reassuring. She is sitting unaided (i still put a pillow behind her for my reassurance) for quite long periods of time & happily plays and keeps herself occupied - she thinks she is pretty special. Still no back to tummy rolling which I have to work on to encourage her to do.

DH has taught her to clap her hands and wave goodbye.....both still a little dodgy but getting there.

Ohhh AF showed up on Sunday night, nearly exactly 7 months - was I unprepared for that LOL thank goodness it wasn't any earlier as we had been away camping and had only got home that arvo.

Hello to everyone, gotta run and finish getting dinner ready - family dinner night tonight and I've got pleasure of cooking
    Last edited by ~Phoenix~; November 24th, 2010 at 04:09 PM.

wow - chatty in here all of a sudden!
    Sleep - Zen did just one wakeup a couple nights ago then last night was two feed wakes and two whinge wakes. But we did have a 1hr cuddle and sleep this morn from 7am-8am.
    Food - Zen is on 3 meals a day and YIPPEE...he isnt getting any form of constipation, prob cause I usually give 2 fruit serves a day. Thats my reason and I am sticking to it.
    Sitting - How awesome for those of you with little ppl who can sit themsleves up! Zen can sit unaided but cant get himself there, it will be interesting to see how we go in the toddler bed once he can sit and crawl.
    Crawling - He got onto his knees yesterday but face planted lol. He is trying though so that is cool.
    Clapping/Waving - I clap his hands sometimes and wave his arm for some ppl, maybe need to put more time in with him for that type of thing.
    Reading - I def need to read to him ALOT more, he loves to hold his books and if he is on the ground near one he does everything he can to get to it so he can pick it up.
    shoes - I havent found any that fit Zen yet, will have to go check out volleys this weekend when I go into town (yep, gotta travel at least 45mins to get anywhere near a kmart, big w etc!)
    Teething - Zen still hasnt had any come through is grumpy though and bites down oh so hard on your finger if you put any gel in. the teething tablets seem to do a pretty good job...poor kid, being turned into a drug addict at 6mths lol
    Christmas Tree - we have one and if Zen starts moving he will just be told no if he goes to touch it or the gifts. My friend has hers up with a 9mth old & after a day or so of saying no he doesnt bother with it!
    Nappies - am feeling so lazy cause we are using disposables I have all the cloth but have made a massive list of excuses why I dont use them *shakes head in disgust*. My main reason is the cost...the disposables are about 27c ea Zen uses about 6-8day. I dont have a washing machine so I have to drive to town (10km) use the machines at $4 load (and they do a gross job of washing) or I use my MIL's machine but we are on tank water so I kind of need to limit the loads I do or have to pay to truck water in...I realy wanted to use cloth and feel so lazy for not doing it even though I know I have valid reasons for not using them. Doesnt help that DH comments that I dont use cloth when another friends DH mentioned she was going to but hasnt cause disposables are easier (it was said kind of dispariagingly (is that a word?))

Sleepy - how did things go yesterday? did they get any better?
    Phoenix - 7mths - cant complain! I had near 6mths and thankfully it is exactly like before so only a few days and not to bad (well, as good as AF can be anyway lol)
    Marni - how did the kiddies go last night? hopefully not to bad for you. I dont know how you mums with more then one child do it! I seem flat out with only one.

AFM - well, I am doing a bit of a sprngclean to clean the house, I find it the easy way to get the place tidy. so far so good, it half looks great, half loks like a bomb hit it lol. Have decided I better get it done before Mr Z decides to get up and start moving :O

Well good news everyone - we got the house! I just deposited the 2 weeks deposit and we will be moving into the property on the 21st December, altho I will be asking them if we can move in a bit earlier, on the Saturday instead of the Tuesday...it will be rather difficult for me to move alone - as John will be working and would only be able to mive after work into the night, and he really doesn't want to do that! So now fingers crossed we can...lol

E slept a bit better last night, I think his first tooth broke thru, so thats a relief for him! (and me for sleeping) he did wake once for a feed and a few times unsettled, but once the dummy was back in, he whinged a bit, farted and went back to sleep...lol such a charmer!

I am going to start packing now, I am a little less stressed now, knowing where we will be going, its exciting and stressful..lol, but its just packing and moving and cleaning, the really hard part is out of the way!

Ok, well think I might try and have a nap, so hope you all are having a great day!

Sleepy - Congrats on the house, bet it takes a load off! How's the teething?
    Tina - I like how you put it, 'feed wakes' and 'whinge wakes'! B does mostly 'whinge wakes' but (fingers crossed) it's only been once a night at around 3:30am for the past few days so easy enough to handle. I have cloth nappies too, but don't use them often because I find B just wets straight through the gap where the insert and cover don't quite touch. I wouldn't be using cloth if I were you though, sounds waaay easier and cheaper to use sposies!
    Phoenix - you have a little bubba! I thought B was small at 7.2kg at just over 6 months. And the hand clapping is cool!
    Marni - How are your lo's?
    BW - Good on you with the nappies!
    AFM - B is living up to his Taurus reputation by being incredibly strong-willed about the whole crawling thing. Any time he's awake he goes straight onto his hands and knees and tries to move. Most of the time he face plants or just stays there swaying, but even if I sit him up or put him on my lap he just flips over and tries again, groaning his little head off. He can pull himself into a sitting position now, and is trying to pull himself upright on me if I am holding him too. Lots of babbling the last two days as well and yesterday he said 'mummy' as clear as day, not 'um-mum' like he has been! Not sure I want him to grow up this quickly though!
    Sleeping has been great the past few days - only one night wake and he's going back to sleep after his 4:30am feed too!

Teething - E has one tooth cut so far, I thought it was 2, but nope..just one! I'm sure the second one isn't far away tho.

Crawling - He gets up on his hands, but not his knees, however that doesn't stop him getting around. He pulls himself along, or in a circle depending on where he wants to go....he can't sit up yet either, but I'm sure he isn't too far away, you can sit him up and he will stay for a few seconds, but then falls over.

Giggling - He just startred giggling too, and pokinghis tongue out and blowing raspberries very cute

He had his needles yesterday, was a pretty good night considering. He woke a few times whinging for his dummy, and only once for boob. But in saying that, I'm still quite tired today, having an interview at the high school for the eldest child, who starts grade 8 next year - oh the joys!

E weighs just under 9kg now, and is 71cm long! Big boy! He is mostly on formula now, and 3 meals a day too, but he isn't drinking much formula. I am making him 150ml, and he usually only drinks 100ml, sometimes less, he refuses water, and I'm scared to try anything else. Maybe a bit of flavoured water? Has anyone else tried this?

We are happy we got the house, but now the packing/cleaning begin, so this is the fun part but we have 3 weeks to do it, so I'm not too worried yet...lol

Sleepy - E has taken over Hunter now...Hunter has really slowed down and has only gained 300g in 3 weeks so he is 8.7kg and 71cm I think (I measured him and he was longer but the doctors was shorter - go figure!)

We have been turned around in the car seat since exactly 6 months. I wanted to keep him rearfacing longer but he was sitting up so was really straining the entire trip in the car (and also whinging) so I turned him around. He has very good neck control and can sit up too, but is still mastering getting from laying to sitting :-) He is also only a couple of weeks away from crawling too IMO! Very scary...he is a very inquisitive little man and I imagine will be into everything lol.

Christmas - we have got him some toys, a tonka truck, some wooden marracas (spelling), a stand behind walker and stuff for swimming :-) I am not getting any more as my family is buying him sooooo much stuff! Spoilt little man.

Shoes - Hunter has about 10 pairs (range in size from 1-4). He actually fits into his size 1 shoes now so DP always has their matching shoes on...so cute. And my cousin told me she got DP and bub matching billabong boardshorts! DP will love that!

Anyway...little man has just woken...glad everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone

Just got laptop back up and running after having to buy a new power pack coz I tripped over the old one, one too many times and it died

Seems like everyones bubs are growing and developing so quickly!

Sleepy - congrats on getting the house. Good luck with the packing & moving, I HATE packing & unpacking am dreading when house is finally finished and have to unpack. Have a feeling there will be quite a few boxes that stay in the shed lol

Tina - I don't blame you for not using cloth, going to a laundromat every couple of days just for nappies wouldn't be fun. Spring cleaning your good, I've got no motivation for cleaning since we are living in a room you'd think that would be easy to keep tidy but it's worse coz we've got so much stuff in such a small space.

Jleigh - Yeh I've got a little pip-squeak but what she lacks in size she certainly makes up in attitude!!! How cute that he's saying mummy, cant' wait till I hear A say that.

What cloth nappies are you using? Majority of mine are bumgenious which I get from the US and very rarely have a leakage problem and I love them, the itti's I have work better now she's bigger and think I might get a couple in the bigger size and I've got a couple on order from a melbourne mum which I can't wait to get

SSM - Ooohhh matching shoes & boardies sound so adorable!! Glad to hear he's doing so well, he's a cute little man

A big hello to everyone else

AFM - not much going on here, A has had a snotty nose & cough for about 6 weeks, we've been to doc's twice and last time was given a referral so spent yesterday morning at Children's Hospital getting checked out with chest x-ray and swab of her throat. Doc think she's just been unlucky getting one cold after another as she doesn't have fever, is eating and generally happy..........just the snot monster gets her at night and she's been waking every 1.5-2hours.

We are off to Vic for xmas, haven't really organised anything much for A yet will get her a couple of things, I know some of what family has bought her - it was hard enough trying to find things for the 3 nieces lol.

Hi to everyone! Sorry but I am not going to try and reply to everyone - I am too out of it

Well as most of you would have seen on Facebook, Phoebe is now crawling. She started with a couple of steps on Monday and since then has progressively gotten better and can move further and further. She loves cat food and power cords!! Very cute to watch though.

Sleep - We still are not sleeping well. Most nights she wakes 2-3 times to feed and the MCHN said she doesn't actually require milk overnight though but it is just easier to feed her then try and settle her.

Feeding - She eats well. Last night she had our risotto, I didn't take anything out of it - she had the garlic, onion, herbs and everything and loved it!! She can drink out of sippy cups and straw cups without valves. I am trying to get her to take a bottle with formula but so far she wont have a bar of it. I have 3 stick packs of formula left and then I think I will resign myself to breastfeeding her until she weans. Any ideas would be appreciated

Clothes - She is in size 0 clothing now My baby is growing too fast!

How is everyone else going?? Ready for christmas?

Marni - As for formula, you can try different brands of formula and also there are different teats and teat flows. It's confusing at first sometimes lol.

Food - I try to make up little dinners and lunches for Elijah out of what we eat and whizz and freeze them. I do buy a few cans for lunches and emergency dinners. Although this weekend I think I've used nearly all the cans lol. Has anyone given their bubs dairy yet? I have wizzed up some dinners using a dash of milk to moisten it but haven't tried yoghurt or cheese yet.

Sleep - Elijah is still waking at least twice a night for bottles. I make 150ml but he usually only drinks about 100-125ml.

Bath - I usually let Elijah lie on his belly while I wash him. He loves it. And he eats the bubbles lol

Crawling - He is getting up on his hands and knees and falling or doing the caterpillar crawl backwards so. So it won't be long now.

Christmas - As we are moving again we not really doing alot. I have 1 layby left and still have a few things for Elijah to get.

Hope you all had a great weekend

Sleepy - Phoebe doesnt even have her food whizzed anymore lol! She loves yoghurt and will eat cheese mixed into her food. Hope that your packing is going well and isn't too stressful

With the formula the problem is she won't take it or the bottle. I think she has just decided that she is a booby baby...

Marni - have you tried a sipper cup with formula? it might give you a bit of a break.

Food - I am just about to add meat to Zens diet. he now has lamb & veg and tuna & veg made up. I whizz them still but give him other stuff that may not be as broken up. He loves to chew on broccoli florets

Sleep - I really need to get his routine in order as it makes for a much happier baby! We have started his proper night time routine of cuddles and reading a book then kisses then into bed. He screamed last night so his daddy gave him 5 min of cuddles and he went to sleep. its a start!

gotta go...kettle is boiling and its breakty time

Hi to everyone...hope you are all going well

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast