Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 1st-15th 2010 #1

Jicky Lilly hates the bath too, we wrap her in a flanelette nappy still and then slowly unwrap her, but we can only get the legs out at this stage she likes her arms covered still. I am sure charlie will get there if you dont have a flanelette nappy try a small towel or something

Hi All,

I thought I would jump in here since my little man was born on August 6th!

G hates the being naked part of baths, but once he is actually in the water - he calms down.

Hello to my old pals from our "due Aug 1-15" group and hi to the new ones! Liana was born on August 2nd by c-section due to breech presentation. A popular day for girls haha.
    We've had a few hiccups, not helped by me being on antibiotics for nearly a month. She also has terrible wind, we find Infants friend works well for her. Still trying to adjust to the lack of sleep but I wouldn't change one second and every time she smiles and coos at me it makes it so worthwhile!

Hi everyone! Bck from Canada

3 kids under 3 travelled so well i couldnt be happier,

Nate is a great content bub... sleeps 8 hours a night no worries, no dummy, happy to sit and look around at whatever,,, So glad he is so easy!!

How is everyone else doing.. bring on summer i say

Hi girls, how you all going? Didispunk, welcome home. I'm glad you had a good trip and all the kids were good travellers.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advise on how to get Kobi (nearly 7 weeks old) to sleep during the day. He will sleep here and there in little 10 minute spurts if he is in his vibrating bouncer, but if I put him in his cot he's all of a sudden wide awake and just lays there crying. I have tried leaving him, but I can only get to about 5 minutes before I can't take it any more and I have to pick him up. He has slept once or twice when put down, but nothing regular. The only other way he will have a good day time sleep is if he lays on my chest (he is crashed out right on top of me as I type) then he's more than happy to stay there for hours.

My dillema is that I don't seem to be getting anything done during the day. I am dying to start some form of excercise. DP bought me a WII fit for christmas as I had intended to get fit and lose the baby weight while he was sleeping during the day, but this is just not happening (I"m still in maternity clothes and not happy at all) We also run a business from home and I do the accounts and I have not had a chance to touch anything since he was born.

He's a fairly good sleeper on a night. We normally feed him and then put him down in his cot about 6-6.30ish awake, he lays there for about 5 minutes before falling asleep. I then get him up for a dream feed about 9-9.30ish (normally the latest I can stay awake) and then he gets me up about 3ish.

So any tips would be greatly appreciated xoxo

Hey Belle - sounds like Kobi is an awesome night time sleeper At the moment Liana is doing a 45-60 min nap during the day, then is up for about an hour and generally cranky before another short nap. We've just starting following the self-settling techniques in the book Save Our Sleep and so far it is amazing. She is doing a good 4-5 hour sleep at night followed by usually another 3 hours or so, just the day time napping isn't so great. Anyway the self-settling involves leaving them for a set time to cry (for an 8 week old this is a minimum of 6 mins) then if they are not asleep you go in, make no eye contact, and settle them ie pat on their tummy for up to 22 mins. At that point if you can't take it, you get them up for a 10 min break then try again. So far Liana has never cried for more than another 5 mins or so while we are settling her, and often she settles herself in the initial cry time.
    It is really hard to hear her cry but as long as it's not a hysterical emotional cry then I stick with it - it will be worth it to teach this while they are young! Anyway maybe this could help Kobi with his day time naps? Even an hour at a time allows you to do something!

Belle..

I feed nate every 2-3 hours during the day. i keep him proped up on the lounge... so he is awake as much as possible during the day. so then he sleeps through the night.

Good luck

Mrs P even an hour a day would be heaven, it would let me do my workout 3 times a week and then get the office work done 2 days a week. I will give it a go.

We've had a particularly bad day today and he has cried most of the day unless I was standing up holding him. We've just put him down to bed and we're listening to him crying through the monitor. It's one of the hardest things I've had to do but I will let him go for a bit longer and see how we go.

I know just how you feel, it is really hard. But you know he's fed, changed and burped and he will be ok, trust me So many of my friends say they wish they'd taught self-settling at an early age as now their kids won't sleep! Liana has had a bad day today and has woken up during her 'naps' and needed re-settling. I'm not sure how long it will take until she can re-settle herself but we are sticking with it for now. It is so much harder to cuddle/bounce a baby to sleep! We were at the stage where she wouldn't sleep from around 8pm - midnight and then at midnight I would let her sleep on my chest on the couch for 3-4 hrs, so I was just getting no sleep at all. I wish we'd started the self-settling about 3 weeks ago!! Good luck

Hi!

We ae back! Lost the thread for a while and couldnt find you all. Saoirse is almost 8 weeks and doing well. Will type more later. Just wanted to check in.

Jenx

Hey Belle - how is Kobi going? Any more day time sleep yet? I forgot to mention, when we're doing our '6 minutes' I go and do something to distract myself, like check the mail, feed the cat, brush my teeth etc. I find it helps
    Hey Jen - welcome back, Hee hee. Glad Saoirse is doing well.

AFM - I have a recurring UTI as a result of my c-section (well from having a catheter) and it's just appeared again after stopping for 2 weeks. Grr. So back onto antibiotics. Last time I was on them for a month mainly due to the idiot GP I had to see but now I am back seeing my awesome GP (she's been on mat leave) and she is totally on top of things. So hopefully it will clear up quickly. Not looking forward to the antibiotics affecting Liana though, they make her wind so much worse and more painful, plus give her the runs On the plus side I sold my car today - YAY! The money almost pays off DH's car loan, so that is one less expense to be shelling out on each month. DH has a work car now, so I get to drive his car - it's very sporty and very nice to drive!

How is everyone doing?? I am going this week to get Nate's injections for 8 weeks.. he is due.. Still sleeps through I am so so LUCKY.. but if he does wake at all.. in the night I let him self settle.. which he has already learnt to do.. They are little creatures of habbit!!!

Bring on summer!

Didi - Shani sleeps through too, I feel very lucky. I have been finding that she has not slept well during the day though in the bassinet so today I have put her in the cot and she has been sleeping for about 2 hours now so far

Mrs P - I hope you are feeling better soon x

Sorry I haven't been on much, life with an almost 2yo and a 2month old is pretty hectic. I hope you are all getting some sleep and enjoying your bubs as they seem to be growing so quickly x

Didi and Kylie - is there any particular routine you are following to get your bubs to sleep through?

Liana does up to 6 hours which is awesome but I would love her to do more of course hee hee.

I've just had a bout of gastro which was not fun. Last night I sacrificed some frozen EBM and DH did the night feed for me, I still woke up but at least I didn't have to get out of bed. Feeling better today though. Just got my pathology results through and apparently this time I don't have a UTI? Which is weird as I get stinging when I wee - so what the hell is it?! I am wondering if the catheter somehow did some physical damage or something.. not sure. Very frustrating!

Mrs P - No particular routine here. Just demand feeding and DD goes down anywhere between 8 to 10pm and usually sleeps til around 6 when she feeds and sleeps for another couple of hours or so. I had issues after the catheter I had with DS, took quite a while but eventually went away. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for you.

Mrs P... since they are creatures of habbit.. While I was in Canada, Nate would feed at 9 then 3 then 6am.. so for 2 night for the 3am feed I would not feed him and let him cry through was mm 10-20min..so nothing really.. (since babies dont die from crying) and 2 nights later he would sleep through as he learnt that you dont need a cheesburger at 3am.. SIMPLE>. was very easy...

he has no dummy either so not like i need to go into his room 20 times a night to put the silly thing back in.

Good luck

How is everyone going? We don't seem to be very chatty in here lately. Shani had her first immunisations yesterday. It was't too bad. She cried when they went in and then was ok. So far there are no side effects that i have noticed so hopefully it will stay that way. Her night time sleep is improving now to 12 hours the last couple of nights, daytimes aren't so good thought but I suppose you can't have everything.

Gee it is tiring having two littlies how do you guys with double that and more cope??

Kylie I don't know how you do it with two! Ha ha. Liana had her shots last week too and was ok though she did scream for a minute or two then fell asleep in my arms she was so tired from it! She did an 8 hour sleep on Sunday night and has done a couple of 7's, but last night was a 6 then a 3hr. Am hoping she will continue stretching it out over the next few weeks and eventually make it to 10 or more!! 12 must be lovely She's also not a good day sleeper and only does about 3 x 30 min naps - so it's hard to get anything done really or have much of a break. But of course one look at her cute little face and I don't really care

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast