Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 1st-15th 2010 #1

Hey Belle - well done on doing the exercise class! I skipped mine this week as it was so hot in Perth hee hee. Re: the hair loss - I haven't experienced it yet but apparently it's normal and due to the fact that during pregnancy you probably didn't lose much hair and your hair was lovely and thick and healthy - well now those hairs are falling out big time Not sure there's anything to stop it but maybe some of the other ladies with 2+ bubs can comment - Didi? Rob?

AFM - Liana just had the 4 mth needles this morning - ick. Her sleep has gone downhill again and now she's up twice a night, usually around 1am and 4-5am - really hoping she'll go back to sleeping 8 hours straight soon!! Am thinking about trying her on some tastes of rice cereal soon but not just yet Anyone else trying solids yet?

Yes - my hair has started falling out, a little later than with my first which was at 3months. This time it was about 4 months. It is completely normal and eventually stops. Had Shani's needles today, she cried a little but has been great since. She now weighs just under 6kgs and 58cm long (her brother weighed this at 8 weeks!).

As to solids, I prefer to wait til closer to the 6 month mark. I will be doing baby led solids which is completely finger foods, no purees or spoon feeding. It worked great for DS and I started with him at about 5.5months. I hope everyone is going great and are organised for christmas. We haven't even put up the christmas tree yet as SIL is moving in with us so have been rearranging everything.
    Only 18 days to go

Mrs P, we started Kobi on some rice cereal at 4 months and he loves it. He has his mouth open ready for the next spoonful before I can even get it to him. We are using Bellamy's Organic Baby Rice http://www.bellamysorganic.com.au/, we also use the formula. A friend of mine works for the company and cannot speak highly enough of their products. So far we are loving it. I can't wait to try out some of the other goodies they have when Kobi gets a bit older.

Wow 3 days till Christmas, I am very excited with it being Kobi's first Christmas. I hope you all have a great day with your families and your beautiful babies

Hey Belle - we just started Liana on rice cereal too, last week at 19 weeks (so about 4.5 months I guess!). She also opens her mouth up for it! So cute. Still has to learn the 'swallowing' process a little more though. Thanks for the link - their website has some stuff that does look quite good!

Liana is still waking up about every 4 hrs at night - it's starting to wear me down, given that she had been sleeping for 6-9 hours straight from around 12 weeks to around 16 weeks. Apparently this is normal for around the 4 mth mark... Oh well! Hoping she starts sleeping better in the new year - once you've had those nicer sleeps yourself of 6-7 hours straight it's very hard to go back to such a broken nights sleep!

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas everyone! Has been ages since I've been on! Looks like everyone is doing really well. Amelia is doing beautifully, getting nice and chubby. Lots of smiles and I am waiting every day in anticipation for that elusive giggle! I'm sure it's not too far away! I am still mostly breastfeeding her, every 4 hours during the day and we do 1 bottle of formula as a dream feed between 10 and 11 pm... then she sleeps until 6.30/7am. We'll drop the dream feed in a couple of months when she's on solids..I am lucky that both my girls have loved routine and are great sleepers - although having said that my 3/1/2 year old has been having trouble going to bed of a night time lately and doesn't have her daytime nap anymore.
    Belle, my hair started falling out at 3 months for a couple of weeks, I would get it mainly after I washed it and combed it through when damp, would get quite a lot on the comb. I had it with my first born as well. It grows back, but I had so many "flyaways" along my part line growing back!!!
    Kylie, I'm interested in how the baby led solids works, I've not heard of that before, what type of foods do you feed and how do you feed them?
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their families and new bubs !!!
    Melinda x

Melinda - I PMd you a link to Gil Rapley's pamphlet on baby led weaning. She cowrote a great book too which I used with DS. Hopefully it is useful to you.
    Mrs P - Shani has also changed sleeping patterns. She used to sleep great at night, now she wakes anything from once to three times. Just when you get used to something, everything changes!!
    I hope everyone had a great christmas and are looking forward to New Years. We don't have any plans this year, maybe it will just be a quiet one at home. It was very exciting in our household at christmas time as DS who has just turned two, gave his dummies to Santa to give to little babies that need them. He was very addicted before, but has not looked back and now sleeps through the night as he isn't waking when it falls out of his mouth. It is the best thing we have done He still has blankie though.
    Well Shani has just done a number 3 on my lap so better go and change her.

We I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas ... What is everyone up to for New Year's ???

Lilly is doing great, she is 5.5kg now and fitting nicely into her 000's, we are shooping for 00 clothes now which is nice. She is defibnitely petite but her development is coming along beautifully. She tries to talk which is so cute, sleep isn't her best thing and travelling well we avoid the car as much as possible but wouldn't change it for the world.

I am still breast feeding, had a rough patch and nearly threw in the towel but its all sorted at the moment. I tried to start her on solids but she just isn't interested, so I am just waiting til she lets me know she needs them.

Well I best be off, have a happy and safe new year. xxx

Hi Rob - great to hear Lilly is doing so well! And well done on sticking with the BF too.

After having Liana on cereal once a day for about 2 weeks I've decided to wait until she's a bit older - not happy with the decrease in pooping and the excess of bad gas she was producing, also she was getting grumpy only pooping every 3 days! So I figure that can't be good, and following some advice on BB I am going to wait.

Also am looking into BLS too - Kylie I looked up the Rapley website and ended up ordering her book online I was going to try getting it at the library and put in a request only to discover there were ELEVEN other requests for the one copy! By the time I get it she'll be too old ha ha. There's a book website I use from the UK with free shipping and it was less than $19, so I figured I would just buy it, ha ha. Also got three cute books for Liana and the whole lot was only $40! PM me if anyone wants to know the website.

Kylie - Liana has changed sleeping patterns yet again! Nice to know that this seems to be common. Now she's doing a 6 hr sleep followed by up to another 5 or so hours, which is lovely. Even better she's finally having longer naps during the day, sometimes even 2 hrs at a time! This was unheard of only 2 weeks ago! As she is now rolling from her back to her tummy she often sleeps on her tummy now and I think this is why she is sleeping better - she seems to prefer it to her back.

We are going to a friend's house round the corner for NYE, though I will only go with Liana for a little while then bring her home for bed - DH was like "Oh the monitor will work from there" - as if!! Men!!! Hope everyone has a lovely night and maybe a wee glass of bubbly or vino! Here's to a wonderful year with our little ones in 2011

Default Hello there! Long time since we've been online...

Hello ladies & happy New Year!

Thought Id log on & say hello. Saoirse & I are doing well. She's 5 months old this week and doing beautifully. We're in the midst of weening from breastfeeding to bottle exclusively as I go back to work full time as at tomorrow.

We've recently come back from a lovely trip to Tasmania of two weeks and had a wonderful Christmas which was highlighted by my sister Michelle's suprise visit from London. What a fabulous Christmas.

Saoirse is beginning to roll commando style & getting stronger & stronger with each & every passing day. She's not too sure how to roll back & I must say, albeit with a little hesitation, its scared the living daylights out of me when she cant roll back & scares herself somewhat.

She loves books and being read to and is really quite the character with animation and good responses with the oohs and aaahhhs....

Paternity leave has flewn past so quickly. I will truly treasure this time as the most amazing bonding time.

Well must go, need to organise myself & the family for the week ahead. My poor hubby is looking after her over the next four days so lets hope they both fare well.... Im sure I'll enjoy the stimulation of work but will try not to call more than once a day. Nobody likes a neurotic Mommy....

Anyway girls - may 2011 continue to be a magnificent journey with your families. Good luck, good health & most of all abundant happiness allround!

Lots of love,
    Jen & Saoirse xxx

Well we are a quiet bunch at the moment! Just popping in to say hello and happy new year to all.

Jen how are you going back at work? Did Saoirse wean to the bottle ok?

Finally the BLS book i ordered arrived, and tonight Liana had a munch on some raw carrot and cucumber sticks - she loved the cucumber, was gumming away at the seeds and loving it. Was so cute. Already she can pick things up and find her mouth! The past week I had given her some mashed sweet potato and she was really enjoying it, but after reading the BLS book I think BLS is what we want to try. Am really looking forward to it!

Hope everyone is well

Mrs P - we are doing the BLS and Shani loves it. Have already tried heaps of different foods, she tries to grab things out of my hand and watches every time I lift my hand to my mouth. Today she really enjoyed a nectarine Be careful with raw carrot as it can break off and get stuck in their throat. I tend to just steam lightly or bake vegies as if they are too soft they just squash up. Cruskits with avocado or cream cheese are great as they dissolve. Have fun with it.

Hi Kylie - glad to hear Shani is also doing BLS as (obviously!) Liana is the same age. Yeah only tried the raw carrot once, in fairly thick sticks, but now doing cooked. I'm not sure exactly how much to cook it though - posted a question in the BLS chatter thread so should get some answers. Cruskits is a great idea too! Must buy some avocado today. It's good because BLS is going to make me eat a bit healthier too What other things have you given Shani? Does she actually seem to be swallowing much yet?

Mrs P - she doesn't eat big amounts and is quite slow, but she is definitely swallowing. She had some lasagna for tea last night, made a huge mess but loved it. I am loving the bumbo with the tray it is so much better than a high chair when they are little still. I try to give Shani meals that we are having if possible, but you can always freeze some of your steamed vegies for her in small zip lock bags. I wold say a couple of sticks is plenty at this age. I just give her food until she looks like she isn't interested any more. Yesterday at lunch she had watermelon and strawberries.

How is everyone else going?
    Last edited by kylieb77; January 25th, 2011 at 07:19 AM.

OMG where has the time gone six months already ...

Lilly has her 6 month needles and has been really grumpy this time. The first two were fine this one she is wingy, sleeping in 1/2 hour batches and I cant leave the room, thus to say the housework has gone by the wayside. They did weight her and she is 6kg. Dr still a bit worried she is small, i think i might have been a tad rude, cause i reminded him how pediatrician said as long as her development is on track thats all he is worried about, and that it is. Don't think he was impressed but too bad. She is still in 000 tried some 00 and they were 2 inches too long so funny, but i am not worried at all. She is coming along well, alert, can babble and say da da da, put food in her mouth and sit up well in the bumbo and lean forward to her toys etc so thats pretty on par for development. She doesnt like it too much on the floor, we have a lamaze tummy time but she isnt really on it for too long usually 10 minutes and thats enough so its usually the bumbo, the jumperoo or in my arms.

Love the BLS, we do have to be careful. Saw the immunologist so they have given me a list of what to give when and how, only because of sams allergy's they wanted me to be sure but so far so good. the reflux has settles she off the nexium which is great she just get uncomfortable if she lays flat so i got a latex wedge and she will go into sams old bed when she is older its nechanical, he didnt sleep flat til he was about 8.

Hope everyone else is coming along as well as we are, was anyone around where the flood were, I couldn't remember exactly where everyone is but I do hope you are all safe. Take Care xxx

Hi Girls, it's been nearly forever since I've been on to see what everyone's up to. Seems everyone is as busy as me with not too much time alone to get on and read up on everyones posts.

Well Kobi is now 7 months, where has that time gone????? He is going great, this week he has just started crawling and pulling himself up on furniture. So now the fun really begins. But I'm loving watching him, it's fantatic to see him try to work things out on his own. My baby is growing up

I am doing part BLS and part feeding him pureed meat and vegies. I just wasn't sure he would get enough food if I just left it all up to him. He seems to play with it and smush it into the high chair more than he eats. Although in saying that I have just started giving him a sandwich for lunch instead of the pureed vegies and yesterday he polished that off in a matter of minutes, he then proceeded to eat a piece of tomato and cucumber off my plate, so maybe he's just starting to get the gist of it all. I will continue the pureed dinner's for a bit longet and just do the BLS for lunch and guage how he's going.

How is everyone else going with solids?

Great idea on the cruskits too, I might give that a go today for something a bit different.

Hope all is well with your families xo

Just a quick one...

My son is obviously a bit behind developmentally, because of his prematurity, but... how is your DS eating sandwiches? Does he have teeth? Maybe George just isn't ready, but he doesnt have teeth, so he struggles to chew.

He does have his 2 bottom teeth, but I he sort of just gums away at the sandwich, as he would with his steamed vegies. And I cut the crust off and put it on soft fresh bread with vegemite on it and he loves it.

Yeah agree Lilly must be behind too. Sje only sucks on toast or bread then ditches it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast