Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

We are not battling as I just go with the flow. You can't force them to sleep. Just put her down for a rest. And try not to let it get to you.
    Good luck.

Miss J won't go down for a sleep before midday so I don't even try, even if she is clearly beside herself it just won't happen (unless it's in the car on a really long drive!).

My girls are doing my head in at the moment - I am battling rudeness, whining and back chatting from DD1 and grizzliness, clinginess and sister bashing from DD2. Plus I've lost my voice so they think it's funny that I can't yell at them.....

HI everyone,

I havent posted in ages! Life has been crazy but I have been reading when I can.

Here is a little bit of wahts going on in our world.
    Miss A has just cut 2 of the eye teeth. Tis has caused much whingy/whiny behaviour that has driven me insane. She does like to give herself nurofen though by sucking it out of the syringe all by herself. Then asks for more! :0 She doesnt say alot of words but babbles heaps but is improving in her words and when she wants to say something she can. She just is not consistent and prefers to using whinging as a form of communication. She hasgotten sneaky :0 She tries to eat the dog biscuits but knows crystal clear she is not aloud so she hides behind thecurtain. She only hides there to eat the dog biscuit! Gross I know! But if she is there, I know she has one!
    DF goes in for surgery ont he 9th Dec on his face (from his injuries from the pub September last year). After many appointments at hospitals and putting up witht he painf rom it not healing right, the doctor has decided to do the surgery. Once that is done, the solicitor will start proceedingsagainst the management at the pub DF was at when it happened.
    I fell down a set of stairs at work yesterday right at 3pm. So embarrassing. Have had x-rays today but all is good, just a sprain. I have also read over 100 schol reports and edited them as well as written 25 of our own for our class. In the middle of organsing end of year assemblies and class placements for next year for the children so work is still hectic.

Hopefully once holidays hit I can come in and post more. I keep fairly well updated on FB anyway but its still nice seeing wahts going on in here

Kaz- How is everything going there? How is DP? Is he having chemo? How often does he have to go in for treatment? And how is J with sleeping? And I also hope you're going ok, looking after yourself, doing something nice for yourself too.

Heaven- yay on the TT, very impressive. Don't know when we'll start Emily.

Ellie- Glad the pnd is on the improve. How did the speech therapist go? Are they worried, give you homework on stuff to do at home?

OP- i have been pushing Emilys day sleep back, atm I put her down at 1pm but even that i hear her playing around for at least half hour or more til she sleeps. Try putting bit later maybe? Its hard, DD1 had given up day sleeps all together by this age but would still be put down for a "rest" I'd give her books to take.

Nai- I hear you, DD1 is one day sweet as pie the next day has major attitude and meltdowns. I told her last week she was getting a lump coal for xmas.

Ali- poor thing! yes i'd be embar too! Glad nothing serious. bet your looking forward to holidays after all that bloody school reports.

Meg- I know how busy is this time of year!

Emily is keeping me busy, she will climb on everything and anything and if we are out and about she will take off at any given time unless she is restrained. She seems to have no worries or fears whatsoever.

OP i find the best thing for DD2 in terms of sleep is routine, it doesnt seem to matter what time she goes down (usually around 12pm, not really before but sometimes up til 12.45pm) its lunch, tv for sophie, sleeping bag out, nappy changed and boob. it seems to work for her, she often goes and gets her sleeping bag for me after lunch, put it on the couch and try and get in! but having said all that... we have bad days (like yesterday) nights are ok, seems to need us to stay in the room for her to go to sleep. im often a screaming banchee so dont worry

Nai im feeling ya sister (well with the kid issus, my voice is all good ) over the whinging etc.... hope the voice improves soon!

Ali i can barely keep up with reading your post, hoe do you do it? i bet your hanging for hols!

HI to everyone else!!

AFM... same old same old, lots of yelling/screaming from DD2, whinging from DD1 etc... im still feedng DD2 3 times a day shes good though, had allergy tests done last week and that was all clear grommets are good :leap : (sorry if ive already mentioned all that )

hey girls
    still here!
    house still not sold grrrr - my mum sold her house on sat - so it hopefully will happen for us soon too!!!

Olive i am still feeding boof- and probably more than 3 times a day- so dont go hiding under that chair too much lol
    Boof love his 'booob' as he calls it- he comes up and says "Mum, my booobs" and pulls down my top wherever we are- so then i am trying to teach him to be a bit more discrete - not for him but for me not flashing everyone all the time lol

OP- as you know boof still doesnt and never has slept through the night although we are getting a heap better- going down between 8-10pm and sleeping through till between 3-5am and then coming in with us after that until 7ish- so that is awesome for us!!
    Day sleeps are hit and miss- today he slept from 12.45pm till 3.30 - grouse!!!! as i was getting my hair done- he slept through the whole blow dryer thing as well. Other days he might not sleep more than 45 mins or not at all- especially when the other kids are around. I dont stress about sleep but just go with it- i stress more about my older two getting to sleep as they have school!!
    My DD stopped her day sleeps at 2 years old- so maybe replace sleep time with 'quiet time' instead- then if she sleeps it is a bonus!

Kaz- how you doing hun? hows DH doing- all our love and strength to you both!!

Ali- lol at your fall- not for falling - glad you ok but it would have been funny ( can you tell I am warped) I fell up the stairs at school in front of a group of parents when I was pg with the twins - they both turned at the same time and i lost my balance and ended up grazing my knees- on my all fours with my bum in the air- I was like 24 weeks preggers as well !! too funny

heaven- awesome on the TT- soo much easier when they just do it- i am just gonna wait till boof copies the others- figures he copies them for everything else- so TT will be the same. Not long to go now hun!!

Nai- ah the fun of two girls- hugs hun and hang in there ! The last 6 months before kids go to school is sooo hard!! Their attitute is the worse by far during this time!! It will settle again when Miss G starts school- trust me!! Its a phase that they all go through just before they go to school!!
    Hi to Shell, Malyna, Ellie and Lilima!

Boof doing awesome - he is a bit of a clever cookie- copies the others soo much- he can recognise numbers 1-10 and most of the letters when they are written everywhere so wherever we go we get all the letters and numbers recited to us!!!
    The funny thing is that he cant actually say all of them properly as his mouth isnt developed enough but he gives them a good crack so you know what he is saying. His speech is pretty good as well- can tell what he is saying most of the time, even if the sounds that come out arnt clear. He is a big boy too- pretty tall for his age- i breed em big lol

Twins turn 8 years old on Sunday- where does the time go????
    take care everyone and stay sane!!

Yesterday I tried going with the flow, that worked much better.

Tuesday just suck majorly - think I'm going to give this pg a miss for the rest of the year, I don't care that I've already paid for it, the pressure of getting her to sleep before we go is just not worth it. Today after she finally stopped carrying on and went to sleep (around 1.30pm - about 3hrs after I started...) she only slept for 40mins What a joke!

Think I need to just relax a bit more.

I did a "parenting with less stress" course recently, I talked to the lady who ran the sessions about the sleep issue and she told me to reward/praise the good behaviour and implement a consequence if she doesn't do it. Tell DD she has to stay in bed and stay quiet, encourage her when she's doing that, lots of praise etc, and a reward after her sleep or in the morning if she obeys the rule of staying in bed and staying quiet. Our reward/consequence is TV - on or off depending on sleep. So tonight I put her down and tell her to be quiet etc and for about half an hour she was so good, stayed in bed, was wriggling around but not getting out... I kept checking and praising her, then I went and checked, she's still in bed but as soon as she saw me, she wriggled to the end of the bed and put her legs over and looked over her shoulder at me as if to say "Here I go... whatcha gonna do about it?" so I reminded her if she got out, no TV in the morning... one foot started dropping to the carpet, so I said it again... and she dropped to the floor. Cheeky little monkey. Couldn't believe it.

OP- They are sooo cheeky!
    Sometimes DD gets out of bed and trashes her room, then gets bored and yells out at me or cries. If it gets to that point, I have to go and get her and just get her up as there is no way that I could get her to sleep like that. Often I can return her to bed an hour or so later without a problem. Other times (like last night) she got out of bed and was having a chat and DF yelled out "GO TO BED" really sternly and she did! LOL! There wasnt another sound!
    When I put her into bed I always say close your eyes (she pretends) and I tell her she is a good girl and that she needs to stay in bed.

Det- twins are 8!!! Oh my goodness! Know what you mean about the fall. It is just so embarrassing at the time and the embarrassmentactually masks the great pain that you are in!

Olive- So lovely you are still feeding. A couple of times when I have had a bath with DD shehas pointed at my boobs and then looks like she is going in to try it out (although she has no idea what to do) but instead has me in hysterics when she blows the biggest raspberry on my chest insteaad and then cracks up laughing at me! Thats awesome that the grommets are alll going well.

Shell- ASh has NO fear as well! It is scary. Funny thing is at CC they said she is going to be a stunt woman when she grows up and I hadnt even told them that one of her aunties is a stunt woman! Must run somewhere in the genes. Def not from me though!

Hi all!

Ahh geez so much to catch up on - I scanned the last 2 pages and it seems like we're all very busy and the little ones are growing up so quickly!

Kaz, glad that DP is home!

Malyna, yay on selling the house and good luck with the writing comp!

Det good luck with the sale!

Ali, eek hope you're not too sore. I broke a toe 2 weeks ago and that was painful!

Nai, thanks again for the t shirt! Your 2 remind me of my sister and I - we fought all through our childhood!! Sorry, that wasn't helpful!

Olive, glad there are no allergies

Shell, L is the same with the climbing. He's had so many near-misses and so many eggs on his head!

Lilima, hope J's ears clear up soon.

Heaven, well done on G's toilet training!

Not much going on around here - went to Perth for a week and really enjoyed it. It's such an underrated city and there's plenty of family-friendly things to do. Weather was great too. L was a pain in the butt on the plane however. What else...hmm he seems to want more breastfeeds now than he's ever wanted! Constantly coming up to me and saying "ma-bie" or "moo-by" lol and pulling at my top. I am really not wanting to feed on demand in public anymore - it's just too awkward for me but he's just so demanding! He is eating extremely poorly as well and has unfortunately discovered where the icecream is stored so goes to the freezer, opens it, pulls out the tub and brings it to me. If I give him some he will finish it and go back to the freezer and say "more, more"! Ah what to do! Need a padlock for the freezer I think!

On a positive note, he is always amazing me on what he can say. He is talking so well, counting to 10, knows and names colours (except he can't pronounce orange) - he even knows silver! Obsessed with construction tools and machines (he can say "bulldozer"!) Loves climbing, and in fact I think his favourite item is a ladder.

Enough of my bragging - you can tell my life revolves around him 100% right now!! Uni is over for the year and I'm not working, so I'm spending every minute of the day with him.

Looking forward to Christmas - Heaven, we got L a trike, duplo, a Toby train for his Thomas train set (Toby seems to be his favourite) and 2 DVDs (Playschool - his ultimate favourite, and Thomas). Speaking of presents, I've almost finished my christmas shopping woohoo!

That's all from me, gotta get some sleep, playgroup in the morning. Night all xox

sorry no persies...might try later... woke up yesterday morn arouond 1.15am with gastro DH stayed home yesterday but went to work today, i feel ok, just have a headache from hell and with DD2 screaming i just want to curl up and sleep.. i also have to get DD1 to kinder th is arvo

Did everyone see Tracey had her baby!!

Heaven - yes, it's such wonderful news for Tracey and her family. I hope her little one is out of NICU soon!

I know, how fantastic

Praying that her little man is out of NICU soon.

Oh wow, maybe I should pay more attention to birth announcements, thats fantastic news, i hope everyting is going well for them, I should go check it out.

Olive- How are you going? Ive seen on FB your big lack of sleep plus having the gastro are things on the improve?

Holly- did you get that final assignment in they wanted you to do? Thank god uni is over for the year hey! Glad you still got to go to Perth even after the broken toe dramas! I wouldnt mind getting over there and checking the place out,

Ali- you started holidays yet? Df teaches secondary school so theyve just finished up, hope I survive having him home for weeks! How are the wedding plans coming along?

OP- How is everything your way? Sleep improving? I try to do the reward/ praise thing it does help repeat the good behaviour but I also get lots naughty stuff thrown in, consequences are easier to do with DD1, for her I can take tv or computer privilages but DD2 what consequence can you use? She wouldnt care and would move on easily.

Det- since your last post on luck on selling up? We've had 4 houses in our street up for sale, 2 still waiting! How did the twins party go?

I've been sick with tonsilitis, on the mend now thank god, was not fun. My temp at the Drs was 39.4. I had sweat dripping down me.

soooooo how is everyone??

shell im finally better...only took 2 weeks to get over sleep is better, not more all nighters though shes getting up far too early
    were getting ready for christmas, DD1 is sooooooooo excited
    thinking about DD2 bday presente already.... thinking about getting her a balance bike, a petti ckirt because she loves her sisters one and i have already gotten her a new tea set..aldi had tin ones in a case ofr $10 this week

congrats tracey...so stoked for you darl xxx

I have bought E a balance bike & am buying a tea set! For Christmas she is getting some books and a My Little Pony.
    J is so excited too! Every morning he says that he will go and check if there are presents under the tree JIC Santa has come early!

Hi everyone
    Finally catching up...DH stuck up north in the floods and I'm house bound with all three of us sick with some runny nose / sore thraot thing...thank goodness my mum is here helping.
    Hope you all have a great Chrissy!
    Exxx

Ellie, I hope your DH can get home soon!

Olive - glad to hear you are on the mend!

OP - it was great to catch up with you at the Xmas dinner and give your little man cuddles

We have got the girls bunks and a trampoline for Christmas. The run bikes are a great idea - Miss J has already got her big sisters old one although she hasn't really been game to try it out yet. Miss J has been so completely feral the last few days and I worked out why - her 2yo molars just started breaking through. I found the first little point of one last night - poor little poppet it looks like all 4 are coming at once too!

My little woohoo is that we now have an attic and I am clearing out the front spare bedroom and putting all the junk in the attic so i can turn the front room into the girls playroom. I am so excited. Today I am spending all day running up and down a ladder - how sad am I?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast